Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Negav's Isolon Eye network

Go down 
+4
Goldclaw
Shady Knight
Anime-Junkie
rcs619
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Negav's Isolon Eye network Empty
PostSubject: Negav's Isolon Eye network   Negav's Isolon Eye network Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:53 am

This is a topic I have seen debated and talked about, but never hammered out in a concrete manner. We know that Negav and Nekomura possess an Isolon Eye, a magical device that emits a field to repel the giant predators of Felarya, but the size and scope of the fields they produce has been largely left up to people's own interpretation. Well, I decided to post up my own ideas on the subject, and maybe get a nice discussion going.

Negav's Isolon Eye network Isolon_eye_network_by_rcs619-d3d9ve7

Alrighty, let's begin...

Red
The red circle represents the area of effect generated by the main Isolon Eye located in the center of Negav. It is the original device all future copies would be based on. Its field is the largest and strongest by far, extending all the way down to the dimensional gate, and across the river that bends around Negav. While powerful, the field is not perfect, which is why the walls of Negav are lined with numerous weapon emplacements. We know that the field can keep Harpies away too, so that would likely make it dome-like in shape.

Orange
The orange circle shows the area covered by the Nekomuran Isolon Eye. The Nekomuran Eye is a crude copy of Negav's Isolon Eye. It is smaller and produces a much weaker field. It is more than enough to cover Nekomura itself and some of its surrounding area, but because of its small size, there is a gap between its field and Negav's, making travel between Negav and Nekomura a potentially dangerous endevour. Because of its crude nature (or perhaps on purpose), Nekomura's Eye can only hold a limited charge, and must be "refueled" periodically by the Magiocrats, for a fee of course.

Yellow (Now we're getting into a new idea)
The yellow circles mark the main travel corridor between Negav's mines in the Ascarlin mountains, and the city itself. Many ideas were proposed to make the hauling of Ascarlin and other precious resources a safer, and more efficient process. Ideas ranged in scope from a mass-production of jetbike-like hauling vehicles, to an massive underground path. Finally, it was decided that several small copies of the Eye, smaller in scope than even the Nekomura Eye, should be made and placed in a specific orientation to form a path from the mines to the city.

Even with these "micro eyes" the transport of Ascarlin and other rare minerals is still a dangerous process. While the miniature eyes still repel giant hybrids, and some giant predatory animals, dangerous creatures can, and do, come into contact with the people working around the mines. Several extremely brave bandit groups have moved into the area as well, and will periodically attempt to intercept mineral shipments, with varying levels of success. Because of these dangers to Negav's economy and trade, the Isolon Fist maintains a constant prescense along this travel route to protect the convoys.

A couple members of the Magiocrat council have pushed for the construction of more miniature Isolon Eyes to help provide more coverage to Negav's northern border. Because of the time, money and how finicky and complex the manufacturing process is, no more minature Isolon Eyes have been produced, or scheduled for production yet.

* If this idea is implemented, a new bridge would need to be added spanning the river along Negav's western wall, so that the shipments can be brought directly into the city*

Blue
The blue area to the north-east of the Dimensional Gate is my proposed location for the Motamo Docks, since none has been established yet. That seemed like the most likely place for them to set up, providing them with easy access to the river, and the Chomikai commons. As the Motamo Docks belong to Jaette Troll, he will have the final say on this matter, of course.

*It may be good to add in a bridge that spans the stretch of river to the east of Negav city, if this location is used for the Motamo Docks*

Either way, these are just my own ideas on the Isolon Eye network. I did my best to make it fall in line with what is already known in the canon, and what I have discussed on the forum and in private with other members of the community.

Just let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by rcs619 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Isolon Eye network   Negav's Isolon Eye network Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:55 am

Looks good to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Isolon Eye network   Negav's Isolon Eye network Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 8:01 am

I don't have any complaints. Nekomura's Eye seems to have enough reach to provide a small, relatively safe hunting ground for our friendly neighborhood catgirls.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Isolon Eye network   Negav's Isolon Eye network Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 8:09 am

Hm, the idea is interesting and sounds very reasonable. I think it shows a very accurate coverage of the areas protected by the Isolon Eye and it's copies. The location of the docks seems good, not sure. But this is just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
http://daren-blackfang.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Isolon Eye network   Negav's Isolon Eye network Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:21 am

Seems like a good enough explanation of the eyes' locations.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Isolon Eye network   Negav's Isolon Eye network Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:35 am

Hmm... I'd actually say that the radius for the main Isolon Eye would be a bit bigger. This is so that there is more room for the Commons to exist - probably have it just touch the edge of the neko eye field.

I also figured the docks to be to the North East of the city as opposed to the east, buts that's just me.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Isolon Eye network   Negav's Isolon Eye network Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:38 am

Since it's been established that the map is not to scale, I'd think that there'd be a fair bit of space between the wall and the river where the commons could exist.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Isolon Eye network   Negav's Isolon Eye network Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:45 am

Jætte_Troll wrote:
Hmm... I'd actually say that the radius for the main Isolon Eye would be a bit bigger. This is so that there is more room for the Commons to exist - probably have it just touch the edge of the neko eye field.

I also figured the docks to be to the North East of the city as opposed to the east, buts that's just me.

I originally had the edges of the two fields touching, but Karbo mentioned that he'd always imagined a gap between the two eye fields.

As for the dock location, that's up to you, man. I could see there being room for it where you're talking about, but I just wasn't sure if they'd want/Negav would want then to be so close to the city walls.

Also, keep in mind, the map isn't to scale. I imagine the commons are a fairly large area once you get down on the ground.
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
asaenvolk

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Isolon Eye network   Negav's Isolon Eye network Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:07 pm

glad you mentioned that because I kinda pictured the effects almost touching, but if they don't then that does leave a bit of danger. Still have to wonder about how they got the smaller ones over the mines and if its possible to make more of them.
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Isolon Eye network   Negav's Isolon Eye network Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 2:54 pm

I' d assumed that they were inferior copies of the Isolon eye, muck like the one in Nekomura except that these ones don't need to be recharge for whatever reason. Also notice that they have a far smaller radius.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Isolon Eye network   Negav's Isolon Eye network Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 3:01 pm

An idea for the Ascarlin Mine transportation - if they were connected to an area of the Negav Underground there wouldn't need to be a new bridge.

A tunnel would allow direct transportation.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Isolon Eye network   Negav's Isolon Eye network Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 3:12 pm

Jætte_Troll wrote:
An idea for the Ascarlin Mine transportation - if they were connected to an area of the Negav Underground there wouldn't need to be a new bridge.

A tunnel would allow direct transportation.

Its possible, although I always figured building a bridge would be simpler than digging a massive tunnel under a river.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Isolon Eye network   Negav's Isolon Eye network Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 3:41 pm

I noticed that the dimensional gate is behind Negav, shouldn't there be an entrance to the city on that side. Or is there one and I'm just missing it?

Second question: Could those "micro eyes" work like relays or antennas? That way they wouldn't have to be recharged. I hope that makes sense. Edit: I believe I misread something. Ignore the second question.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Isolon Eye network   Negav's Isolon Eye network Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 3:50 pm

gt500x wrote:

I noticed that the dimensional gate is behind Negav, shouldn't there be an entrance to the city on that side. Or is there one and I'm just missing it?

Second question: Could those "micro eyes" work like relays or antennas? That way they wouldn't have to be recharged. I hope that makes sense. Edit: I believe I misread something. Ignore the second question.

Im pretty sure there's an entrace. It just can't be shown because of the scale/angle of the map. The map itself, especially this portion of the map, is very old.

I always figured they would have to be recharged. They'd be simply too small to keep a perpetual effect going. The Isolon Fist (and probably other representatives of the Magiocrats) keep a prescence along the corridor, so all it would take is sending a maintenence team to each one every now and then to recharge it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Negav's Isolon Eye network   Negav's Isolon Eye network Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Negav's Isolon Eye network
Page 1 of 1