Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya Land Vehicles

Go down 
+10
DarkOne
Stabs
Rezec
vore4life99
ZionAtriedes
Black Aquila
Solomon
space_samurai
Anime-Junkie
Axel Hunter
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

Location : In the land of nowhere, beyond the valley of somewhere, but not as far as the jungle of neither-here-nor-there....

Felarya Land Vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 7:01 pm

I have browsed through the wiki again for vehicles, and I havent reall seen a mention about vehicles for ground transportation in Felarya. While its obvious that its not always the smart idea to travel that way, it makes a good question to put up for discussion.
Back to top Go down
http://foreverknight13.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 7:06 pm

I actually got a work in progress idea that involves a lot of land vehicles. It's based around vehicles, possibly even more than the jetbikes. (This conception of this idea predates the jetbikes).

I just need to write it all up... Damn there's a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
space_samurai
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
space_samurai

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:01 pm

http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ur-Sagol
took this from the wiki:

Felarya Express

The Felarya Express is a human-run company providing express flights through Felarya. It operates a fleet of enclosed airships, which can hover and travel at relatively high speeds a short distance above the ground. The company is not based on Felarya; its headquarters are located on a safe world populated by humans.Felarya Express ships typically travel through the jungle between the dimensional gate at Ur-Sagol, and the one at Negav City; thus Felarya is not so much a destination as a transit area. While Felarya Express ships stop off at both Ur-Sagol and Negav City, their primary purpose is to ferry travellers from one world to another, via the Felaryan dimensional gates. A successful flight therefore means entering Felarya via one of the gates, stopping briefly at each of the two cities, and leaving via the other gate.

Felarya Express is well-known to Felaryan predators who live on or near its flight path. Its ships are sturdy and fairly well armed, but predators have been known to snare them and smash them open in some way or another, to reveal a feast of tasty humans inside. The naga Jissy is known to refer to these ships as “fast food”.The company guarantees to its passengers a 25% survival rate during the journey through Felarya, or a refund to the families of the deceased if a higher proportion of them perish. A shotgun is placed under each seat, for insurance purposes, since such weapons are pretty useless against most Felaryan predators. Each ship has a crew of two, and can seat up to fifty-four passengers, although ships often fly more than half-empty. A ship’s interior consists of a crew cockpit and a large passenger area, with rows of seats. One of the company’s most experienced captains is Pal Sebrit, who operates a battered ship designated flight FE-013. His current pilot and vice-captain is Manda Kugi, whose predecessor, Lindsy, was unfortunately eaten by a fairy. Flight 013 connects the technologically advanced colony of New Symphonia to the mostly agricultural port of Askimboon on the Tahanja world, via Felarya.

-----------------------------------
other then that It hasnt been written, though i guess you can also count Boats and Mechs as transportation that is used
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

Location : In the land of nowhere, beyond the valley of somewhere, but not as far as the jungle of neither-here-nor-there....

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:06 pm

thats air transportation, not land transportation. And what kind of mechs are you suggesting?
Back to top Go down
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:12 pm

come to think about it I didn't see to many ground vehicles maybe some new vehicles(like tanks)could one day come to Felarya
Back to top Go down
space_samurai
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
space_samurai

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:17 pm

sorry, didn't read the title, and I know that a few people of characters that use mechs; as in single person combat ones are the only ones I've heard of .

But I would guess that a good vehicle would resemble something like a jeep, but overhauled to the extreme.
Or maybe Felarya could have a railroad.

A tank would be good only if it had speed an armament; an APC I think would be a great.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Actually the Felarya Express is a hovercraft.
That article needs updating and rephrasing to be more clear.
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:23 pm

space_samurai wrote:

Or maybe Felarya could have a railroad.

A tank would be good only if it had speed an armament; an APC I think would be a great.

A railroad.... I can see it now.... a naga lying on the track with her mouth wide open as the train drives right into her throat....

If a road on Felarya dosent work, I have high doubts a railroad would work too (the environment dosent agree with our earth transportation im afraid, but we tried at least)
Back to top Go down
space_samurai
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
space_samurai

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:26 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:

So we don't have Airships??? aww man, their sooo cool!

and yeah, the train thing was a joke, unless it was underground...hmm

Subway?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:27 pm

Just wait until I get my idea typed up, you'll see how ground vehicles can be practical in Felarya.
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:51 pm

space_samurai wrote:
Anime-Junkie wrote:

and yeah, the train thing was a joke

I know, just playing along
Back to top Go down
space_samurai
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
space_samurai

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 9:01 pm

My idea of what felaryan transportation will be like:

Felarya Land Vehicles Land_Raider
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 9:18 pm

Im more of a

Felarya Land Vehicles AT-RT_Unmanned

And a
Felarya Land Vehicles Flash_Speeder

Felarya Land Vehicles 161-Mowercycle

kind of guy myself
Back to top Go down
space_samurai
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
space_samurai

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 9:29 pm

wait, wheres that last picture from, looks sooo familiar. gives me a nostalgic vibe...
also this (pic is really big, dont wanna clutter thread)
http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2009/4/29/30416_md-Crisis%2520Battlesuit,%2520Tau,%2520Warhammer%252040,000,%2520Weathered.jpg
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 9:48 pm

Hmmm...
Felarya Land Vehicles LDDScreenShot18
Would this intrest anyone?
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 9:50 pm

space_samurai wrote:
wait, wheres that last picture from, looks sooo familiar. gives me a nostalgic vibe...

A mowercycle from the Chaotic card game/tv show
Back to top Go down
space_samurai
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
space_samurai

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Axel Hunter wrote:
space_samurai wrote:

LOL i forgot abot that show, used to watch it every day, and had some cards Razz

Also, A Trike would be a great way of transportation!
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 3:42 pm

space_samurai wrote:
Axel Hunter wrote:
space_samurai wrote:

LOL i forgot abot that show, used to watch it every day, and had some cards Razz

Also, A Trike would be a great way of transportation!

Just Imagine speding throught the Felarya Jungle in one of those. All terrain with blades that cut through plants like a hot knife through butter... what a rush!
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Just wait until I get my idea typed up, you'll see how ground vehicles can be practical in Felarya.
Hey AJ, any room for my new Chick Jumper?
Felarya Land Vehicles LDDScreenShot68
Felarya Land Vehicles LDDScreenShot69
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:08 pm

[quote="Black Aquila"]
Anime-Junkie wrote:
Hey AJ, any room for my new Chick Jumper?

While im not AJ, that thing looks like it could work in the Arscalian Mines (just a thought, looks good)
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:48 pm

Axel Hunter wrote:
While im not AJ, that thing looks like it could work in the Arscalian Mines (just a thought, looks good)
Well I didn't build her to be a mining vehical...

No, the Chick Jumper is a Jungle Runner, and boy can she run!

Designed to move more like an Animal then a machine, this cargo walker is capable of incredible feats of acrobatics as it navigates the gigantic forest of Felarya.
Armed only with two large twin Vibro-blades, the Chick Jumper relies more on agility to stay ahead of its foes, augmented by titanium gripping claws and two forward power harpoons, as well as a conventional winch mounted on the back end.
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:53 pm

Black Aquila wrote:
Axel Hunter wrote:
Well I didn't build her to be a mining vehical...

No, the Chick Jumper is a Jungle Runner, and boy can she run!

Designed to move more like an Animal then a machine, this cargo walker is capable of incredible feats of acrobatics as it navigates the gigantic forest of Felarya.
Armed only with two large twin Vibro-blades, the Chick Jumper relies more on agility to stay ahead of its foes, augmented by titanium gripping claws and two forward power harpoons, as well as a conventional winch mounted on the back end.

So its kinda like an AT-RT from the clone wars, except its bigger.... is that what you mean?
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 5:07 pm

Axel Hunter wrote:
So its kinda like an AT-RT from the clone wars, except its bigger.... is that what you mean?
Well... I don't think AR-RT's are capable of climbing trees... or carrying cargo for that matter...
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 5:17 pm

Black Aquila wrote:
Axel Hunter wrote:
Well... I don't think AR-RT's are capable of climbing trees... or carrying cargo for that matter...

ok, what are its measurements, where does it store cargo and how much can it cary, and how fast can it go
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Well it's a bit difficult to say exactly, since it was built with a Lego Mini-figure in the cockpit...
But I'd say that its fuselage would have similar dimensions to a small, single engine plane, and probably the same cargo capacity as one.
The Chick Jumper stores its cargo behind its pilot, in the hollow rear section of the main body.

And while I'm probably not the best at guessing a theoretical machine's max speed... I'll ballpark it and say 100/150 miles per hour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya Land Vehicles
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next