Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya Land Vehicles

Go down 
+10
DarkOne
Stabs
Rezec
vore4life99
ZionAtriedes
Black Aquila
Solomon
space_samurai
Anime-Junkie
Axel Hunter
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
space_samurai
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
space_samurai

Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 6:14 pm

well assuming That the lego pilot is 6ft, standing beside it, id guess 18-24ft tall
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

Location : In the land of nowhere, beyond the valley of somewhere, but not as far as the jungle of neither-here-nor-there....

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 7:05 pm

Black Aquila wrote:

And while I'm probably not the best at guessing a theoretical machine's max speed... I'll ballpark it and say 100/150 miles per hour.

on open terrain Im assuming
Back to top Go down
http://foreverknight13.deviantart.com/
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 7:18 pm

Axel Hunter wrote:
Black Aquila wrote:

And while I'm probably not the best at guessing a theoretical machine's max speed... I'll ballpark it and say 100/150 miles per hour.

At 100 mph?
Well... not really...

There is a reason why this thing has "Jumper" in its name, after all.
Master pilots use parkour-esk acrobatics to quickly navigate around obstacles without loosing speed.

But mind you, I did say I wasn't the best at guessing a fictional machines top speed.
Back to top Go down
space_samurai
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
space_samurai

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 7:54 pm

Black Aquila wrote:
Axel Hunter wrote:
Black Aquila wrote:

At 100 mph?
Well... not really...

Master pilots use parkour-esk acrobatics to quickly navigate around obstacles without loosing speed.

But mind you, I did say I wasn't the best at guessing a fictional machines top speed.

Ah, now that, is pretty damn cool, Ninja mechs!
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:09 pm

space_samurai wrote:
Well like I said, I designed them with the jungle in mind.

Of course, my attempts at replicating a "Deadly Poisonous" paint scheme didn't go too well...
Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 LDDScreenShot72
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

Location : In the land of nowhere, beyond the valley of somewhere, but not as far as the jungle of neither-here-nor-there....

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:18 pm

space_samurai wrote:
Black Aquila wrote:
Axel Hunter wrote:
Black Aquila wrote:

At 100 mph?
Well... not really...

in order to be that manuverable the vehicle would have to be smaller (lets be reealistic here) otherwise that vehicle defies all possible laws of physics applied to it. and it would have to be slower in a jungle environment....
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Axel Hunter wrote:
in order to be that manuverable the vehicle would have to be smaller (lets be reealistic here) otherwise that vehicle defies all possible laws of physics applied to it. and it would have to be slower in a jungle environment....
Yes, because realism in a world focused around 100 ft tall half-animal women is extreamly important...

And are you forgetting that this is a giant scaled jungle as well?
Back to top Go down
space_samurai
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
space_samurai

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Well It is a Mech and this Is Felarya, i mean have you watch Ghost in the Shell? the Tachkoma's can move like that too
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs39/f/2008/363/6/0/Tachikoma_wallpaper_by_OsTin.jpg

But how tall is it? And what is it's weight? and how many passengers can fit in the back?
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:39 pm

Black Aquila wrote:
Axel Hunter wrote:
Yes, because realism in a world focused around 100 ft tall half-animal women is extreamly important...
It is, actually. Quite so.
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:50 pm

space_samurai wrote:
Well It is a Mech and this Is Felarya, i mean have you watch Ghost in the Shell? the Tachkoma's can move like that too
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs39/f/2008/363/6/0/Tachikoma_wallpaper_by_OsTin.jpg

But how tall is it? And what is it's weight? and how many passengers can fit in the back?
Well if we're going by the Mini-fig being 6 foot...
I'm guessing around 22 feet tall... and 28 feet long...
Including the limbs and blades as it stands in that picture, it's 22 feet wide altogether, though the body is more like 8 feet.

I'm not even going to try to guess it's weight...

As for passengers, it doesn't carry any.
The pilot can experience high G's when preforming a maneuver and has to be specially strap-in, which wouldn't bold too well for anyone unlucky enough to be riding around in the cargo compartment.

Plus... there the fact that Chick Jumpers are rigged to self-destruct in the event of pilot death.

ZionAtriedes wrote:
It is, actually. Quite so.
True, Zion, but that doesn't mean we're necessarily bound by the laws of physics.
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:12 pm

Black Aquila wrote:
Axel Hunter wrote:

And are you forgetting that this is a giant scaled jungle as well?

A giant scaled jungle? I was thinking standard sized, with the exception of the giant tree
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:22 pm

Axel Hunter wrote:
A giant scaled jungle? I was thinking standard sized, with the exception of the giant tree
I'm pretty sure it's giant scaled, since most depictions I've see ether have it at scale with the Giant Predators or absolutely huge compared to normal humans.

But yeah, its' still dwarfed by the Giant Tree, which is big enough to house entire cities on its larger branches.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:56 pm

The "normal" trees in Felarya are gigantic, larger than even giants like Crisis. Those trees even have smaller trees growing on them.
The Great tree itself is HUGE. Like a mountain.
However unlike a mountain it does not experience the thinning of the atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
vore4life99
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
vore4life99

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 5:18 am

Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Rewttq2

Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 HALO_3_COVENANT_SCARAB_by_victortky

Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Nuclear-bombs-bomb-demotivational-poster-1234311395
Back to top Go down
vore4life99
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
vore4life99

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 5:20 am

Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 SuperiorFirepower
Back to top Go down
vore4life99
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
vore4life99

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 5:26 am

Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Overkill
Back to top Go down
Rezec
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Rezec

PostSubject: Felarya Land Vehicles?   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 7:31 am

Vehicles ( not mecha \ golems ) have many ways to use.

1)Recon vehicles should be fast, silent, and consume small amount of fuel (there is not so many gas station on wastelands, sbt). AJ's jetbikes, for instanse, are small, low-noisy, and inconspicuous, because they weren't created for battles with giants. Reconnaissance and "taxi" missions, but not for war.

2)Convoy vehicles should be fast as well, have good weapons, and for their own sake they must be "as silent as they could be".
(Ya know, entire convoy of armored troop-carrier (BTR, BRDM, others) like wheeled stuff can attract unwanted attention. By unwanted attention I mean some big and fearless creatures like tonorians and other, because semi-humans can easily figure out that lots of 50cal and\or 88mm autocannons are BIG reason to stay away. However, there is always exist opportunites to crash even dozen of heavy tanks. Toss big rocks from ambush, for example...)

I've developed concept of those convoys, but I still need to add many details, though...

3)And of course, single (not convoy) vehicles. There is no "only one right opinion" because, as I think, there is many OC's with unique types of vehicles. Because of complicated-ness I leave this point to other))

That was my 5 "kopeyek" for y'all.

2) Difficult terrain (giant jungles) with big amount of giant natives. There is no roads, but if some vehicles keep going onto same surface again and again - there will be some "unpaved roads" or sorta...
3) Fuel. You will need lots of it.
Also, I wonder, does have Felarya some oil-like liquids? If there is exist some, I would like to open my own "Felarya Oil Company". And because of magic nature of Felarya, maybe (just maybe) that liquids could contain some magic elements as well...? (get it? magic oil !)

---------------
That's all for now, me think.
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 7:07 pm

Rezec wrote:
Vehicles ( not mecha \ golems ) have many ways to use.
Now Rezec, I think Mecha should count as land vehicles as long as they have a pilot.
Especially since the term could be extended to anything that uses legs instead of wheels or treads, like a walker.

Also, I wouldn't be too surprised that, in a cultural melting pot like Negav, there'd be attempts to fuse the technological with the magical, resulting in golem/mecha hybrids.
Certainly make a nice hand-wave for how some mecha can be controlled so fluidly.

Rezec wrote:
1)Recon vehicles should be fast, silent, and consume small amount of fuel (there is not so many gas station on wastelands, sbt). AJ's jetbikes, for instanse, are small, low-noisy, and inconspicuous, because they weren't created for battles with giants. Reconnaissance and "taxi" missions, but not for war.
Indeed, but you should probably include high visibility for the pilot.
Probably one of the biggest things AJ's bikes have on my Jumpers besides speed would be the fact that they don't have a huge blind spot behind them.

I'll get into fuel a bit later.

Rezec wrote:
don't forget main problems:
1) spare parts. Endless amount of many types of spare parts.
Indeed, this is probably where my Jumpers excel, it's rather ruggedly build and doesn't employ complicated stealth technology.
There is also a plethora of scrap parts, due to many a pilot overestimating their abilities.

Rezec wrote:

2) Difficult terrain (giant jungles) with big amount of giant natives. There is no roads, but if some vehicles keep going onto same surface again and again - there will be some "unpaved roads" or sorta...
Ok, while don't doubt that trails have been and will be blazed through the Felaryan foliage, this does make me question the viability of wheeled and tracked vehicles.
After all, pre-established routes could already exist, but would probably be a magnet for predators, while clearing your own path would be suicidally slow...

This is why I started building a walker, one specifically modeled on chickens, since their legs allow them to easily traverse uneven terrain.

Rezec wrote:
3) Fuel. You will need lots of it.
This is one of those things where realism and the laws of physics take a back seat...

Honestly, I don't think combustion based engines are very feasible for Felarya.
For one, there is probably a lack of Hydrocarbon deposits considering Felarya's unusual nature. (It'd be a nightmare trying to figure out the petrology of a place that picks and chooses which scientific laws it follows.)
The smell of exhaust could also be very easy for a predator to track, leading them straight to your tailpipe.

This, coupled with the fact that vehicles such as tanks and tractors are notorious gas guzzlers, makes me believe that most forms of conveyance in Felarya rely on less consumptive power sources.

I don't know about AJ's Jetbikes, since they mention both "Jet Engines" and a "magic-matrix crystal", but my Chick Jumpers use High-energy, Solid-state Power Cores.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:07 am

I had a funny idea myself. How about a magical land vehicle that is made of...
...an elephant.

I mean, buff up the elephant with magic, and you get the perfect magical land vehicle. It's smart, strong, big, and depending on how much magic you have to spare, anything else you want. Hell, for extra funny you can give the elephant a flight potion. And call it Dumbo.

Of course, there's the thing this isn't D&D. I've got no idea if a flight potion is feasible, or if there's anything feasible at all about using magic to buff up an elephant. I mean, anything that's physically likely is too convenient, and anything that's just convenient enough is physically unlikely, and what has both is counter-intuitive. I've got no idea what magic can or can't do.

Either way, I think Elephant + Magic = Win
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Stabs wrote:
I had a funny idea myself. How about a magical land vehicle that is made of...
...an elephant.

I mean, buff up the elephant with magic, and you get the perfect magical land vehicle. It's smart, strong, big, and depending on how much magic you have to spare, anything else you want. Hell, for extra funny you can give the elephant a flight potion. And call it Dumbo.

Of course, there's the thing this isn't D&D. I've got no idea if a flight potion is feasible, or if there's anything feasible at all about using magic to buff up an elephant. I mean, anything that's physically likely is too convenient, and anything that's just convenient enough is physically unlikely, and what has both is counter-intuitive. I've got no idea what magic can or can't do.

Either way, I think Elephant + Magic = Win
Hmmm... Mecha Elephant?
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 10:15 am

Okay... seems like a good moment to try and come up with a few more ideas. If nothing else, I hope to get some reaction out of your own creative juices with those outlandish croaks.

Shieldfish

The shieldfish is a magical vehicle looking much like a boat frame with its lower border coated in a layer of xy'thium. The craft uses the repulsive energy inherent to this alloy, magnified and harnessed by the frame, to lift the vehicle off the ground and propel it against its surroundings. A shieldfish can navigate through most rough terrain without any problem while carrying a reasonable amount of cargo, and the absence of moving parts makes it one resilient customer. However, shieldfishes aren't much faster than a man running at full tilt: their tirelessness, cargo capacities and ease of hiding are their only real advantages.

There are some varieties that use sails or other power sources to attain greater speeds than their frame alone would be capable of providing. These, however, are particular cases. There's also smaller shieldfish, roughly the size of a skateboard, which can be driven with the legs. Its lower mass allows it to reach higher speed, but driving one is a very strange art.

Decay Steed

Undead cannot be raised within Felarya, but they do exist, as shown by vampires and ghosts: the variety of vicissitudes that victimize the vital force is vicious, however, and without a doubt, there are those who perpetuate that host of possibilities solely to serve themselves. For instance, a decay steed is the reanimated body of a powerful charger killed with a poisonous cocktail, minimizing damage to its body: empowered with new energies, the steed becomes stronger and faster than it would've been in life. It also becomes a lot more aggressive and dull-spirited, qualities tempered by its utter fearlessness and complete obedience to its creator (Otherwise, what would be the point?). Most decay steeds are black, with glowing red or green eyes.

Most commercially available decay steeds are actually mules- their surefootedness is much more convenient when in uneven terrain. Beings other than the creator can only control a decay steed if the creator commands the steed to obey another: for instance, a steed may obey a specific individual, or they may obey anyone who gives it a password or presents it with a control token. In some cases, necromancers are capable of commandeering another's steed, but those occassions are rare.

While strong and absolutely relentless, decay steeds have barely any self-preservation instinct, and react only to two things: orders and being physically harmed (and even that one is optional). It's perfectly possible to wrap one up in dynamite while it lies motionless, set the fuse alight as it watches uninterested, and leave, so that by the time it decides to attack there won't be much steed left.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Personaly I would just go with technology advanced land rover defender like vehicles, down to earth really.

I see quite a few suggestions here, and I keep thinking "Well it looks badass, but it kinda advertises itself. like it's sceaming, hey you Naga! I dare you to eat me!"

So anyway a off road vehicle deals with the no road issue. It can be equiped with weapons but idealy nothing that would slow it down. You really don't want to mess about while in the wild of Felarya. Detection equipment would make alot of sense, motion trackers, heat detection and the like.

And most importantly, stealth. You surely won't be able to kill anything and anyone so avoidance is always the best back up plan. The Vechiles will be electric powered (Do correct me if I am wrong in the assumption that electrical devices do work in Felarya, I am still new) that deals with issues of gasoline and provides a close to silent motor. Sola powered cells make the most sense with a back up rechargeable battery for low light siturations like forests or nightfall.
Camouflage, either of the old fasioned kind or the more advanced light bending variety.
And of course a good top speed, of course you can't outrun all preds, but dashing for some kinda of cover as fast as possible so you can blend in is the next best option when dealing with huge hostiles

Of course the exact characersations of the vehicles would depend on their exact purpose, where they are to be deployed and the hostiles they are likely to encounter. For example one type might have more powerful highbeams built in all sides to disorientate Dusk Nymphs.

Another idea, remember the Tumbler from the new Batman films? Something like that could work a treat as well
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:31 pm

If you can find a technologically advanced vehicle that works, that's great, but for the most part, people wont be able to use them.

You've got the general idea down (yes, electricity works just fine), the problem is that we dont need off road so much as we need all-terrain, and short of a hover speeder, it'll be an issue...

Magitech can create some interesting combinations though im sure, with a pack of speed boosting runes you can switch out every so often to recharge, or maybe just some contraption that uses magic to fuel it in general, there's a few ways to go for "tech" wise. Steeds would probably have to be imported from off world, as there's no convenient way to raise them in a dense and well populated city...

Vehicles are cool, but most people will be going on foot, I fear.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 4:27 am

Well I wasn't suggesting that everyone would have access to such vehicles, those lower down on the pecking order will have to make do on foot or whatever they can put together themselves. but those with the power and means, but at the same want to balance their budget rather than blowing it all on expensive heavy vehicles and weapons would see my idea as a more reasonable means of transport. So people like scientists, rescue and patrol teams would use them.

A kind of Hovercraft really depends the design, Fast hovering vehicles are accidents waiting to happen if not designed just right. In a lot of cases there doesn't seem to much protecting you if you were speeding along in one of the things and you happened to collide with something. But I guess some kind of magical forceshield could fix that (but that would just come off as a handwave to the issue)
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 4:00 pm

If we were to come with more specific details for a vechicle idea, such as size dementions and history of it's usage. should we just post them here? Or should it be in it's own thread? (like people do with creature ideas)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya Land Vehicles
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next