Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anastasia (my antagonist)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
zersergathant
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
zersergathant

Anastasia (my antagonist) Empty
PostSubject: Anastasia (my antagonist)   Anastasia (my antagonist) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:59 pm

Okay, this is going to be the last bio I write for a while, because after this I'm going to start work on an actual story.

BASICS
Name: Anastasia
Race: Fairy
Height: 3" (min) - 119' (max), but prefers to stay around 7'
Skin Tone: Pale white
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Magenta
Wing Style: Moth
Wing Color: Silver with black spot pattern

BIO
Anastasia was orphaned very early in life when fairy hunters took her parents. The child, little more than an infant and hardly able to care for herself, wandered alone and scared, until she came upon a group of human scientists and their armed guards conducting research in the forest near Safe Harbor. The head researcher, Prof. Zoren Draenov, seeing this as a rare and wonderful opportunity, took her in, naming her "Anastasia" after a popular folk heroine from his world, Aezir. Having found a way to manipulate dimensional anomalies so that they could enter and leave Felarya practically at will, Draenov and his team returned to their laboratory in a remote forest in Aezir's northern region, bringing Anastasia with them. There, Draenov cared for the litle fairy like he would his own human daughter. Anastasia was frightened by living in this strange environment with these strange beings at first, but once she grew used to it, she began to enjoy life under Draenov's care. He instilled a great love of beauty of all kinds in Anastasia- beautiful music, beautiful art, beautiful landscapes, and beautiful people.

When Anastasia was 25, Draenov passed away. Realizing how little she actually knew about human life in Aezir, Anastasia requested to be returned to Felarya. Draenov's Felaryan associates in Kortiki Town arranged for another fairy, Noto, to come and meet her and show her the ropes of a Felaryan fairy's life. One of the first realities of Felarya that Anastasia was forced to accept was the favorite snack of most predators there- humans. Anastasia, more human than fairy in her reasoning, was horrified by this, and settled in Kortiki Town where she could avoid it. Gradually, however, the immaculate natural beauty of the Fairy Kingdom and its inhabitants lured her out of the neutral town. Having little experience in social situations and even less dealing with other fairies, she was very quiet and shy at first, considered very odd by the others. Noto helped her to fit in, however, and in time she grew comfortable around her kind. Unfortunately, to win the acceptance of the other fairies, she was pressured into eating a few humans. As much as this repulsed her, she did find she liked the taste, and so vowed that she would only eat those who she found to not be beautiful.

Beauty. It was all around Anastasia. Her love of it, her devotion to it, defined her. This became well-known among the other fairies, some of who found her love of collecting beautiful artifacts and plants charming, and others who found her habit to spare prey she found pretty and ogle other particularly attractive fairies profoundly unsettling. In time, her pursuit of and devotion to the preservation and collection of beauty grew from a hobby to an obsession. One day it culminated; Noto was well-known for his handsomeness and charm. Anastasia had to have him- not out of any sexual attraction, only for his beauty. One night, when the two were alone, she attacked him, cutting off his wings with surgical precision and shrinking him down to a few inches in height before attempting to trap him in a jar taken from a human victim. Fortunately, the others caught her in the act, and banished her from the Fairy Kingdom. Anastasia then settled in the Forest of Whispers. There, the bitterness of her banishment mixed with her obsessed insanity. If she hadn't snapped before, she had now. Now she roams the forest, hunting for both prey and beauty. Her lair hidden atop a mountainous tree is filled with exquisite paintings, sculptures, textiles, artifacts... and live subjects, shrunken down and placed in terrariums.

PERSONALITY
Despite her mania, Anastasia is able to create an illusion of normalcy long enough hold a conversation. She comes across as friendly enough, very eloquent and enthusiastic in her speech and eccentric in her mannerisms, if a bit shy and awkward. When she sees something she wants, however, she will stop at nothing to get it. While she has laid low in the Forest of Whispers and mostly faded into obscurity, hybrid predators in the area still sometimes ask each other of they too have encountered a strange, raven-haired fairy, who seemed to appear from nowhere and traded them another human in exchange for the pretty girl or handsome boy they had caught. Most predators, thinking that prey is prey, agree to Anastasia's offer and make the exchange. If she is turned down... Without spoiling anything (yes, this is going to be a plot point somewhere), when Anastasia makes you a deal, it's a good idea to take it. As harmless as she at first seems, she is in fact exceptionally ruthless and determined. So long as there's nothing involved she wants that the other predators are preventing her from getting, however, she's generally decent and personable to other preds- unless they're small enough for her to eat.

Even so, Anastasia has a gentler side to her. She regards the living things she collects as pets, caring for them and protecting them from the occasional predator that finds its way into her den. Whenever one manages to escape or is taken, she goes to great lengths to recover them and continues to pursue them until it becomes entirely impractical to do so, and then feels genuinely depressed that she's lost them. She feels this way about all her "treasures", of course, but most of all about the living ones. She rarely goes far from her lair, but when she does, she most often goes to the Chordoni Waterfalls to "observe", as she puts it, Vivian. She's developed something of a fixation with the naga- "I've heard many definitions of the word 'beautiful'- and this creature fits all of them, in every relevant aspect. However, she is much too large for me to collect. I must begin looking into ways to reduce her to a size that I can safely collect her at." That quote was a passage from her diary- she has yet to find a way to shrink Vivian, but she's still looking. Unbeknownst to her, the naga is aware of her efforts, and finds them rather bemusing.

You may have noticed that no plausible and definitive reason has yet been given for Anastasia's dementia. This is because the exact cause of her hazardous, obsessive insanity is known to none but her, and she refuses to speak of it. So far as anyone knows, she just suddenly snapped one day. This is of course not the case, but what the case really is can't yet be revealed.

APPEARANCE
Having aged further than Felarya's immortality-granting soil allows while in Aezir, Anastasia has a more mature look to her than most fairies. Her hair is long, straight, and jet black, and her skin is very pale. Her figure is thin, perhaps a bit too thin, as the first thing other predators point out upon meeting her is that she looks a bit underfed. Despite this, however, she can still be called a handsome woman without much argument ("If you want me so badly, darling," Vivian once tells her, "Simply come here. I won't mind."). She wears clothes taken from her sentient victims, and will generally wear anything without much fuss but has a preference for red garments. Anastasia is very fond of taking everything she thinks could be useful (or worthy of her collection) from her victims before eating them. She often carries salvaged equipment on a belt around her waist, and sure enough, these trinkets and devices have helped her out of quite a few tight spots- the last thing a fairy hunter expects is for the fairy he's menacing to whip out a flare gun and fire a shot into the air, calling in other predators.

I left out the likes/dislikes/skills section because I felt it would be redundant, since the important details are all in her personality and bio.

Anastasia is going to be the antagonist in my little story arch. I get the feeling I'm really going to enjoy writing her, and I hope everyone enjoys reading about her. However, I also get the feeling that there's more wrong with this bio than there was with the last two. What does everyone think?

Last edited by zersergathant on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
asaenvolk

PostSubject: Re: Anastasia (my antagonist)   Anastasia (my antagonist) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 11:50 pm

Over all not bad, and fairly creative, I would probably change her history from actually connecting to earth. Its not hard to say random world X, over all its generally discouraged to have connections to earth itself.

Also, deranged fairies are fun.
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
zersergathant
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
zersergathant

PostSubject: Re: Anastasia (my antagonist)   Anastasia (my antagonist) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:07 pm

asaenvolk wrote:
Over all not bad, and fairly creative, I would probably change her history from actually connecting to earth. Its not hard to say random world X, over all its generally discouraged to have connections to earth itself.

Also, deranged fairies are fun.

Fixed. And they are, aren't they?

Anything else?
Back to top Go down
Lobo
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Anastasia (my antagonist)   Anastasia (my antagonist) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:13 pm

nice job, much better than my first one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anastasia (my antagonist)   Anastasia (my antagonist) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anastasia (my antagonist)
Page 1 of 1