Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's Centaur time

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

It's Centaur time Empty
PostSubject: It's Centaur time   It's Centaur time Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:42 am

Deleted post.

Last edited by gt500x on Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:41 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

It's Centaur time Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Centaur time   It's Centaur time Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:17 am

gt500x wrote:

Male members of the common centaur species have an affinity for light magic; namely bending, intensifying, and weakening sun light. Those who have mastered this ability are key to the ecosystem in the Great Rocky Fields. They keep the sun's light and heat from drying out the fields, and turning the area into a desert.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but to my understanding the Great Rocky Fields are subject to frequent and powerful storms. I wouldn't see it as necessarily for Centaurs with this trait to need to use it to prevent the Fields from drying up.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

It's Centaur time Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Centaur time   It's Centaur time Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:28 am

Edited the post and changed everything but what was wrong in the beginning. It's probably worse than before now.
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

It's Centaur time Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Centaur time   It's Centaur time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:49 am

Alright, here are my thoughts:

The "ecological stabilization" aspect of centaur magic is a bit off.
While the idea of Centaurs being able to influence the environment of the Great Rocky Fields to their advantage is a good one, the implication that their most powerful mages are actually required to maintain it isn't.

For the Bovine Hybrids, perhaps you could call them Cretanians, like the Cretan Bull that fathered the Minotaur.

Also, as a connoisseur of Cow girls, my opinion on which set of mammaries the females keep their milk in is "Both!"
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

It's Centaur time Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Centaur time   It's Centaur time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:09 pm

Black Aquila wrote:
Alright, here are my thoughts:

The "ecological stabilization" aspect of centaur magic is a bit off.
While the idea of Centaurs being able to influence the environment of the Great Rocky Fields to their advantage is a good one, the implication that their most powerful mages are actually required to maintain it isn't.

For the Bovine Hybrids, perhaps you could call them Cretanians, like the Cretan Bull that fathered the Minotaur.

Also, as a connoisseur of Cow girls, my opinion on which set of mammaries the females keep their milk in is "Both!"

I don't believe all abilities should work solely towards fighting or hunting. I like the idea of some species in Felarya being vital to their surroundings.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

It's Centaur time Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Centaur time   It's Centaur time Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:15 pm

Except that's already been explained, right here.
The Great Rocky Fields don't need anyone to maintain them. They're a natural formation that is maintained by the interaction of the atmosphere itself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

It's Centaur time Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Centaur time   It's Centaur time Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:18 am

Ah, now that's a horse of a different color. I can see why that won't work. But the point of this was to get the ball rolling on filling the page with more Centaur variations. If more variations are not needed for Centaurs, Sphinxes, or Harpies, then fine.

Edit: I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but I’m still not satisfied with the lack of winged centaurs. I want to propose an idea for another centaur magical affinity (maybe having to do with wind) that would make it possible to sprout magical wings if natural wings are out of the question.

Before I post the actual idea, I thought that it might be best to ask the community if it was a good idea to begin with ( I know, I’m just as shocked as you are).
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

It's Centaur time Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Centaur time   It's Centaur time Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 7:23 pm

gt500x wrote:
I don't believe all abilities should work solely towards fighting or hunting. I like the idea of some species in Felarya being vital to their surroundings.
I didn't say anything about hunting or fighting, just that they used it to their advantage.
As for the concept of a species being needed to maintain an environment, well...

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Except that's already been explained, right here.
The Great Rocky Fields don't need anyone to maintain them. They're a natural formation that is maintained by the interaction of the atmosphere itself.
...Yeah, the Fields are a natural occurrence.

Now if it was some sort of artificial ecosystem that exist where it otherwise shouldn't be, then I could believe the necessity of a single species to preserve it, otherwise it doesn't make a whole lot of sense...
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

It's Centaur time Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Centaur time   It's Centaur time Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 8:11 pm

I pretty much gathered all that from AJ's post. Thanks for the response though.

This is all I'm concerned about at the moment...
That super awesome guy who likes Mustangs wrote:
Edit: I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but I’m still not satisfied with the lack of winged centaurs. I want to propose an idea for another centaur magical affinity (maybe having to do with wind) that would make it possible to sprout magical wings if natural wings are out of the question.

Before I post the actual idea, I thought that it might be best to ask the community if it was a good idea to begin with ( I know, I’m just as shocked as you are).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's Centaur time Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Centaur time   It's Centaur time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Centaur time
Page 1 of 1