Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Okapi Centaur

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Okapi Centaur Empty
PostSubject: Okapi Centaur   Okapi Centaur Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 12:59 pm

Atti
Okapi Centaur
Size: 35'- 50'

A mid-sized centaur species well adapted to rain forest climates. Though close relatives to their carnivorous Felaryan cousins, are actually omnivorous. However, they do prefer live prey to flora and will turn predator when the opportunity presents itself. They are solitary by nature, but aren't likely to be aggressive, preferring to avoid trouble if possible. They will most likely avoid groups of humans, for instance, and so are considered cryptids. Those who do glimpse them often report them as zebra centaurs, though this is incorrect.

Have the lower body of an okapi- possessing a deep reddish-brown coat, stripes like a zebra's on hindquarters and upper legs, the beginning of a neck where the upper torso connects, and they possess a very sticky, long, blue tongue that comes in handy both for foraging and gobbling up prey. They also have horn-like nubs on the tops of their heads.

An okapi:
Okapi Centaur Okapi10
Okapi Centaur Animal11

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okapi

Last edited by /Fish/ on Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Okapi Centaur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okapi Centaur   Okapi Centaur Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 1:53 pm

It's interesting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Okapi Centaur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okapi Centaur   Okapi Centaur Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 6:26 pm

Mhh another original idea here. I frankly would never thought about that but this can make an awesome design Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

Okapi Centaur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okapi Centaur   Okapi Centaur Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 6:33 pm

I like it! Rainforest like animals should be represented more! And Okapi= <3. So, would that mean a giraffe centaur is coming too? o_o.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Okapi Centaur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okapi Centaur   Okapi Centaur Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 6:58 pm

Karbo wrote:
Mhh another original idea here. I frankly would never thought about that but this can make an awesome design Razz

Thank you- I thought centaurs could use a bit of ecological diversity. I designed these with a smaller size so they could better navigate the forests, so I hope that isn't a problem.

L'Ryn wrote:
I like it! Rainforest like animals should be represented more! And Okapi= <3. So, would that mean a giraffe centaur is coming too? o_o.

I too think rain forest fauna are currently underrepresented right now- and okapis are indeed awesome.

A giraffe centaur?
Unless you come to some kind of compromise in the ratio of their long legs to the length of their human torso, that design wouldn't work. Hunting prey on the ground would be out of the question, as they'd have to spread their front legs like a giraffe drinking. If all their prey was in trees, that could explain their long legs, however. Otherwise you're looking at an anatomical failure.
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

Okapi Centaur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okapi Centaur   Okapi Centaur Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 7:01 pm

I wasn't being very serious about the giraffe centaurs. XD Not only that, but their necks also pose a problem. What would the human torso be like? Elongated to an extreme!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Okapi Centaur Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okapi Centaur   Okapi Centaur Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Okapi Centaur
Page 1 of 1