Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ironing out the Elementals.

Go down 
+11
gwadahunter2222
Silent_eric
Krisexy26
Jætte_Troll
TryMeIke
TheLightLost
TheArchvile
Prof.Nekko
rcs619
Karbo
Shady Knight
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Ironing out the Elementals. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ironing out the Elementals.   Ironing out the Elementals. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:14 pm

rcs619 wrote:

They wouldn't even need intelligence.

If, for example, Salmon have the instincts to travel back to the river they were born in (and that's only one of many incredible animal abilities), then a non-sentient elemental probably is born with the instincts to know what is good, and not good to merge with.
Yes that's right. I admit instincts can play a role in the choose of the element to merge. But instincts won't prevent from accident, sentience neither.

Sean Okotami wrote:
I'm done with you gwada. I'm done trying to address each of your nitpicks. If you can't use simple common sense and reasoning and need everything laid it in front of you in order to even make you acknowledge something simple, discussing with you in this thread is not only a waste of time and energy, it's also making more posts that could have been dedicated to come with a solution for the problem established in the original post. Good night.
I admit I made some mistake in this thread (the misunderstanding of homogeneous term but that's all) and I tried to avoid to repeat them.
If you had stopped since the moment with the moment I answer you it's an accident the discussion would be closed and the thread will continue normally. After I mentioned I pointed light elemental are easier to define than darkness ones which was more with the problem of the original post. You came back to add a clarification over a brief clarification I did in order to avoid any misunderstood and I answer with a short sentence which sum clearly my point and I didn't go further. You opposed me now the sentience of the spirit as if sentience prevent from accident, I just answer all spirit are not sentient nor intelligent now Cliff is pointing me instinct can play a role in the choice of the element, I recognize this but it won't prevent an accident happening.

Before anyone answer this post what I pointed in my original post where I didn't quote anyone in particular but just voiced my opinion on some points of the discussion, this kind of things may happen but are more accidental than a willing process it's not a general rule stating than a spirit can bind to anything and become a particular elemental but an exception saying elemental can have unusual things into its body and it doesn't make it a new species or subspecies but the consequence of an unexpected event happening during the creation of a body. I don't go any further than that.

Now Sean I wish you a good night.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Ironing out the Elementals. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ironing out the Elementals.   Ironing out the Elementals. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:30 am

I've noticed that there's not a lot about Darkness Elementals on the wiki. As some of you may know, I've come up with an idea for creatures officially called "Shadowgels" (well, for the moment anyway). I was thinking that my ideas for shadowgels could be applied to darkness elementals, perhaps? Or maybe shadowgels could be a subspecies or variation of darkness elemental, perhaps?

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/

Ironing out the Elementals.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3