Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do Tinies have guns?

Go down 
+10
CrisisOperations
DarkOne
Ilceren
DaNoob13
EvilGenius
Archmage_Bael
Grave
FalconJudge
rcs619
jedi-explorer
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Do Tinies have guns? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Tinies have guns?   Do Tinies have guns? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 11:20 am

CrisisOperations wrote:
i don't think its possible, a bullet is propelled by an explosive (lets assume an equivalent of gunpowder: tiny gunpowder Very Happy)reaction so there are 2 problems:
1: they aren't powerful enough to do anything (ever against another tiny).
2: if they were powerful enough, the gun wouldn't be tough enough to withstand it...

Hmm technically the first is true of all guns in Felarya. A giant's density makes it near impossible to harm with a little machine gun much less a sword, but we still use them and often we ignore the reality of that for the sake of the fact Felarya is unique in a aspect that high technology and magic exist in the same world and work well as long as nobody calls them into question. So thus why can't a Tiny have a gun? Or even some Wild Tinies have militias or even their own private armies? Heck using Grave's ANAC's wouldn't be a bad thing. No need to have impact. Just impair and cripple the target.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Do Tinies have guns?   Do Tinies have guns? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 2:30 pm

Well if there was any practical usage of guns for a Tinie it would be protection from creatures of simular size, insects and other creepycrawly's are used to having to eat things with exoskeletons, so the soft outer flesh of a Tinie would be a right treat for them.

So I don't think it's silly for Tinies to want to have guns, it's just having the means to make them that is the problem.
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: Do Tinies have guns?   Do Tinies have guns? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 6:58 am

The smallest Caliber known to me is 2mm Pinfire. To fire such a small Projectile all You need is a thin Layer of Fulminate of Mercury - an Alchimist for Example could easily produce this (and if he is not the luckiest One, also seriously blow himself up trying it). So no Gun Powder is needed in this Case.
Years ago I had the Opportunity to test one of these Micro Guns and used small Lead Pieces as Projectiles - at least over a Distance of 2 Meters You can penetrate a Newspaper ( an Equivalent of killing a Canary). And getting Metal should not be a Problem - look, what Humans are wasting all Day. So just go for their Garbage. If You are small (and thus talented), You probably can build Yourself a friggin´ Tank.

Another defensive Method would be Sort of a small `Super Soaker´ loaded with hard reeking Stuff, Tear Solvent - or a pheromonic Marker, that lets a `sprayed´ Predator suddenly seem to be attractive for even bigger ones. If You are really looking for something kicking some huge Butt, You will find something - like a special Skin Lotion that will let You reek and taste horrible (and perhaps poisonous - like the Moses Fish who is easily able to gross out Sharks).

You know Ladybirds - these small red Bugs with tiny black Spots? No Bird with two working Brain Cells would ever, EVER eat one of them. Because if he does, he will throw up and ending dizzy for at least two Weeks with a very bad Taste in the Throat. So You see, You can load a 2mm-Gun with poisonous Thorns too. Nail them like a big Fish with a Harpoon.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Do Tinies have guns?   Do Tinies have guns? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 11:34 am

Bandur Khan wrote:
The smallest Caliber known to me is 2mm Pinfire. To fire such a small Projectile all You need is a thin Layer of Fulminate of Mercury - an Alchimist for Example could easily produce this (and if he is not the luckiest One, also seriously blow himself up trying it). So no Gun Powder is needed in this Case.
Years ago I had the Opportunity to test one of these Micro Guns and used small Lead Pieces as Projectiles - at least over a Distance of 2 Meters You can penetrate a Newspaper ( an Equivalent of killing a Canary). And getting Metal should not be a Problem - look, what Humans are wasting all Day. So just go for their Garbage. If You are small (and thus talented), You probably can build Yourself a friggin´ Tank.

Another defensive Method would be Sort of a small `Super Soaker´ loaded with hard reeking Stuff, Tear Solvent - or a pheromonic Marker, that lets a `sprayed´ Predator suddenly seem to be attractive for even bigger ones. If You are really looking for something kicking some huge Butt, You will find something - like a special Skin Lotion that will let You reek and taste horrible (and perhaps poisonous - like the Moses Fish who is easily able to gross out Sharks).

You know Ladybirds - these small red Bugs with tiny black Spots? No Bird with two working Brain Cells would ever, EVER eat one of them. Because if he does, he will throw up and ending dizzy for at least two Weeks with a very bad Taste in the Throat. So You see, You can load a 2mm-Gun with poisonous Thorns too. Nail them like a big Fish with a Harpoon.

I love you, you know that? This is all wonderful news to me. :3
Back to top Go down
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: Do Tinies have guns?   Do Tinies have guns? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 11:44 am

Bandur Khan wrote:

Ha ha ha ha this is new news to me xD that is awesome. I guess with creativity and imagination anything is possible! Even in this reality xD
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: Do Tinies have guns?   Do Tinies have guns? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 10:31 pm

Glad I can help - when it goes to McGyver-Stuff, Survival and exotic Weaponry - I´m the Gun Nut You can count on!

Like the Arch Decan of the `Flintology Church´ (Flinte is German, meaning Gewehr - Rifle. This is a running Gag by my Friends, calling me this).

But no kidding - You can harm and cripple somebody with a mere Newspaper, if You have to. No Steven Seagal is needed to kick some Butts - may they as big as they want. My Experience: The bigger they are- the easier to hit.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Do Tinies have guns?   Do Tinies have guns? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 10:39 am

Bandur Khan wrote:

O.o Pretty powerful little gun! Heh funny you describe how a tech mechanist/black smith would use left over human used scrap metal as that's what I described Zipper, my Neera "Gadgeteer", as doing.

[quote=The Wrath of Bandur Khan]Another defensive Method would be Sort of a small `Super Soaker´ loaded with hard reeking Stuff, Tear Solvent - or a pheromonic Marker, that lets a `sprayed´ Predator suddenly seem to be attractive for even bigger ones. If You are really looking for something kicking some huge Butt, You will find something - like a special Skin Lotion that will let You reek and taste horrible (and perhaps poisonous - like the Moses Fish who is easily able to gross out Sharks). [/quote]

XD Stinkin' Super Soaker sounds amusing. Especially since pressure mechanics are the same no mater what size I'm pretty sure. Love the pheromonic marker too! It makes good sense but it'd have to be something particularly potent and fast acting and designed to attract the specefic predator...Harvesting it might be a problem for a tiny. I do seem to remember a flower who produced bubbles that when they burst on contact emitted a blast of "love pollen" or something that basically makes you want to get all hot and bothered right away without any chance to control the impulses. Something like that saved Rachel from becoming a fairy snack in Prinny's story. I forgot if he referenced it by name though...Ah wait! Something like that would be in Vivian's Garden I'm sure so we just look at her profile. Huh nothing definitive....Ah well still a good idea and I may have to craft some artifact bios on this stuff if you don't!

Bandur Khan wrote:

Yet another brilliant idea! O.o Thoust should go into the Tiny Arms business. You would make a fortune! ...Well it'd be a fortune in Libcora Seeds or such but still a fortune!
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Do Tinies have guns?   Do Tinies have guns? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 10:53 am

Sure they have guns, but only pea-shooters ;P
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: Do Tinies have guns?   Do Tinies have guns? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 10:57 am

Pea shooters from hell paramecium! if they can be anything like bandur khan described here, they'll be the most irritating SOBs for their larger prey when trying to get away xD
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: Do Tinies have guns?   Do Tinies have guns? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 11:27 am

You do not necessarily need to be big for being deadly. Look at this small orange octopus with blue rings all over it. It's venomous like Hell. Oh... are there any Sea Cones in the felaryan oceans? Jiroquanji jellyfish? You only need the slightiest quantums of their Poisons and sting someone with this, how big they ever ma be... and then you may lean back and enjoy the marvellous show that is going to unfold, I swear...
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Do Tinies have guns?   Do Tinies have guns? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 12:26 pm

Bandur Khan wrote:
You do not necessarily need to be big for being deadly. Look at this small orange octopus with blue rings all over it. It's venomous like Hell. Oh... are there any Sea Cones in the felaryan oceans? Jiroquanji jellyfish? You only need the slightiest quantums of their Poisons and sting someone with this, how big they ever ma  be... and then you may lean back and enjoy the marvellous show that is going to unfold, I swear...

XD It's true. In Felarya size only maters in a battle of speed and strength. Wits are powerful no mater to whom the size of the user is. After all as a big and diverse as Felarya is? I'm sure there's tiny's who've figured out to coat simple blow darts with deadly venom let alone the more egineering ones who have crazy ambitions of one day ruling over all the nekos. *Doesn't point to Grave*
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: Do Tinies have guns?   Do Tinies have guns? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 10:20 pm

Another Method for Tinies especially in Terms of safe Travelling would be a special Pet - like Brachinus crepitans, an astonishingly fast running Ground Beetle, which can do very... unpleasant Things with his Abdomen, if he is threatened. In short: It goes KABLOOIE! and everyone and everything is gonna be literally boiled up and very smelly in a certain Diameter. And some of it´s Subspecies are big enough for Tinies to ride. And a tame one is no Problem: Get an Egg - and rise the Larva. Okay - it´s not a Gun, more like a Bomb with Legs - but hey: It packs a really nasty Punch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do Tinies have guns?   Do Tinies have guns? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do Tinies have guns?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next