Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Natural Dangers

Go down 
+3
sparkythechu
Chihiro Fujisaki
Nyaha
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

Natural Dangers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 4:50 pm

"No."

Ibrahime took a shaky step back towards the area where, moments ago, the familiar crests and falls of the town skyline awaited her.

"This can't be happening. No."

Her knees buckled; she collapsed to the ground, her fingernails scrabbling at the dirt that should be but a path that separated her from her home.

"Not again. I need to get back to Daemion. I- I need to..."

Her eyes were staring straight at the ground, yet she saw not an inch of it. She swallowed, painfully, holding in the cry that was tearing at her throat - the feeling of bile rising to her tonsils. She heard the muted words of a neko to her left, and she raised her head to look at him. She knew well what it could be, but she couldn't bring herself to say it. That would mean admitting, to herself more than anyone, that she was really out in a jungle again. That would mean that she was back.
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 6:14 pm

Sayomi looked to everything with a curious expression, unable to truely grasp what had happened as sje smiled. "Well I think it is quite beautiful, despite the ominous feeling it gives off." Sayomi said giggling, lookibg to Jimmy, having responded to him, her tail twirling lightly.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 7:51 pm

El Sereno slowly raised his hand to his beard, and gently tugged on it. Since he left it grow, that kind of gesture has become common for him when he relaxes or thinks. Not to mention it actually makes people get the feeling that he's knowledgeable.

"I've never seen trees like these in or around the city. Never read about this kind of colouring or the sheer height they have either. If we take into account the sudden appearance, it only leaves one option... the awkward one."

He then approached to one of the low plants and, taking out his notebook, began roughly drawing the leaf shape, formation and vein distribution.

"Name's Sereno, by the way." He said, without taking his sight away from the task at hand, and seemingly so engrossed in it that he didn't notice Ibrahime's strange reaction.

Last edited by Ilceren on Fri May 25, 2012 9:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:44 am

(For the future, Ilceren, try to keep your posts here in past tense, please and thank you.)
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 9:17 am

(Done, sorry. And please point out any glaring spelling mistake you see so I can get rid of it.)
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 9:32 am

(In that case, "rised" should be "raised". That's all I can really see. There still looks to be a bit of confusion with the tenses at first glance, but when I think about it a little more, they make some sense. Qwuillin and Sparky, we're waiting on you guys. ^.^)
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 2:15 pm

(Ok, as my first try got eaten by the evil text eating internet or something, I'm going to try again, now that I'm not so annoyed about it.)

Da'Shi'Nal looked around the area, freaking out as it dawned upon him just what had happened. He blinked several times in disbelief before sighing. He began to talk to himself, most likely in order to make himself feel better or make it more believable what had happened. "Ok, so, I'm stranded, a jungle appeared, I walked out, and the town left. Damn. Well, thankfully, I'm a trained survivalist. Now...What was the first thing I was supposed to do in this situation? Think man, think. Remember your training."

-----------------

A much younger Da'Shi'Nal, around 14, sat by a window enchanted to work as a personal remote viewer, through which he was looking at exactly what you would expect a 14 year old boy to be looking at in this situation. Next to him, his master was giving a lecture on survival training. He had decided that this was all useless, as he was a mage and therefore able to bend the very fabric of reality to his will, and was paying absolutely no attention to any of the lecture. After all, what use is knowing how to start fires, find water, or build shelter when you can do all that and more with a mere thought? It's not like any of this would ever help, right?

----------------

Back in the present, Da'Shi'Nal was kicking himself for blowing off that lesson. Without thinking, he shouted. "Curse you wasted youth!" He then hit himself, having done something he immediately knew was stupid. "Ok...So, I may not have training, due to being a stupid teenager, but I have something just as good. Instincts! Highly trained, sharpened, and natural. That's damn good. I've also got my hearing and smell. I even have a few things with me, so I'm not stuck with nothing, and this place seems filled with magic. I can do this...But...I do need to be cautious, as there's a chance the natives are either not friendly, or not sentient...So, avoid anything where I couldn't defend myself, and look for weird things that aren't normally like that. Trust nothing here..." With that, he sat down to plan out his next course of action.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 3:31 pm

(Nyaha issues an ultimatum: If Qwuillin hasn't posted by this Tuesday, he will be cut from the roster and the RP will continue with only 5 people.)
Back to top Go down
Qwuillin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Qwuillin

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 8:11 am

Rux had been whistling, but his cheery tune slowly died out as he realised, as he turned around to find a spatula, that half of his kitchen and all of the town for that matter, had disappeared. He walked through a small area in front of a counter and the kitchen itself, then out of the front door, hot pan and breakfast still in hand.

He gazed upwards at the canopy, mouth agape. "My God," was all he could muster. As he began to accept the situation, his practical side began to dominate. He turned around to fetch some equipment, while eating his breakfast, but his kitchen had disappeared with the rest of the town. Grunting, he shuffled over to the group that had accumulated.

Last edited by Qwuillin on Wed May 30, 2012 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:13 am

El Sereno finished drawing. He then took some samples, stuffed them between paper sheets before putting them in his notebook and putting it away. As he looked at the group that had gathered, he noticed the woman that was on the floor and kneeled next to her. He didn't start a conversation, just staying there, pondering if he should put a hand on her shoulder.

Last edited by Ilceren on Wed May 30, 2012 5:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:13 pm

(First, Nyaha sends Ilceren to the Detention Box for posting more than once before my okay. No I'm not seriously upset, it's not a big deal. But you will respect my authority! XD And second, Qwuillin? Was Rux still in the town when it disappeared, that seems to be what's implied by him being in a kitchen. If that is the case, then he would have returned with that part of the town, rather than be left behind. D: I'd suggest you revise your post or drop out. Your deadline is this Thursday. Please and thank you.)
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:26 pm

( D= Sorry again, I didn't know. I hid the text. So the system is like, a post each, then confirmation, then another round of posts, and so on?

Also, I think that Qwuilin's post could make sense if we consider that just half of the building got transported, Rux walks out to the jungle in astonishment, and then the city disappears. He'd just have to modify it a lil' bit.)
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:06 pm

(That would make more sense, yes. Also, no, I just wanted to do that for the introductory posts. I think, though, at this point you guys can take it from here. There is no post order, but try to avoid half-pages of posts between two players. Remember to slow down and let other players get some turns in, too.)
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:34 am

Jimmy stared at El Sereno for a moment. "What exactly to you mean by the awkward one?" He was ignoring the woman's panicked tears. She sounded like she knew something as well, and it was all he could do to keep from putting one of his blades into her back.

Last edited by EvilGenius on Wed May 30, 2012 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:40 am

(I'm guessing it's okay to show that post of mine again now. It's up.)
Back to top Go down
Qwuillin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Qwuillin

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 8:38 am

((I have changed my post to that of Ilceren's suggestion.))
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:21 am

(Okay guys, keep it going. ^.^ I'll wait for a good chance to do something. Hell, it might not even be what I planned to do! XD Somehow that plan strikes me as throwing you guys too much of a bone right off the bat.)
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:57 pm

"Are you okay?" Sayoni asked the woman, tilting her head curiously, not being to worried about the situation as she quite confident.
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 3:05 pm

Ibrahime swallowed again, suddenly acutely aware that there were a lot of eyes on her. She straightened up, still on her knees, and smoothed her blazer and tanktop - taking the last shuddering breath she would allow herself in this moment of weakness. She turned to the human kneeling next to her and the neko who had asked her a question in turn, smiling lightly.

"Ah, yes, I'm sorry," she offered, shakily. "I just... Yes, um. Does anyone know where we are?"

She coughed awkwardly, and turned somewhat expectantly towards the chef. She needed to size up the group's collective survival kit discretely to see just how screwed they all were.

"...And has anyone got any water? The surprise has just left me so parched."
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 5:55 am

"I'm sorry, I don't have any water."

El Sereno said so, shaking his head lightly. He had left his water bottle home, along with the usual energy snack he carried when going for a long walk, since he was just going to the library for some books he needed to study.

"Also, answering both your questions." - He said, looking at Ibrahime and Jimmy respectively. - "Are you familiar with portal and gating magic? There are three types, but I don't remember them right now... I think you could do something with the sky to ensure..."

El Sereno took his hand once again to his beard, and as soon as he did that, his eyes widened for a second. Opening his sidebag, he took out the same noteboook as earlier and shuffled it open with a speedy motion, throwing away the paper sheets and plant samples he had just taken.

"Crap. Well, anyway..." - He leafed through his notebook and eventually stopped, reading while talking. - "The three types are Spatial, Temporal and Dimensional gates. Magiophysical fortresses have protections against the first two, and... not important. If you go accidentaly through a gate... you should look at the moon and stars. Same moon and constellations imply a Spatial gate. Same moon and slightly different star alignment but where you can still see known constellations should mean it was a Temporal gate. Different or no moon is most likely a Dimensional gate." - He made a pause to breathe and then made the final statement. - "So, we can only see how screwed we are if we wait for the night."
Back to top Go down
Qwuillin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Qwuillin

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:04 am

"I'm sorry madam, but I have no idea where we are. I've never seen trees quite so... tall," Rux smiled towards Ibrahime, aware of her gaze, "but I'm sure there must be some locals who could tell us, plant life supports other life, no?"

After El Serenos' explanation, he asked, "what, sir, do you mean by screwed?"
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:01 am

"hmmm, i'm going to say, maybe we should get a move on before night comes. If the stars decide to tell us we're in the worst possible position, then would exactly be the time to start preparing." He strode towards the nearest tree, and began climbing it to get some sense of where they were.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:04 pm

At that moment the ground shook around them. And then it happened again. And then a few more times, each one being a little more jarring than the last.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Da'Shi'Nal jumped to his feet, literally, upon feeling the first shake. His mind ran at the speed of sound, trying to put together what could be making these and why it was getting worse, while his heard raced. In addition, on some level, his instincts were beginning to flare, prompting his fight or flight response, and leaning heavily to flight. Keep calm...What could do this...Earthquakes? Animals? A herd of animals? A volcano? Maybe a meteor shower? Maybe it's just normal here. Whatever it is, I should get out of the open. Maybe try to watch it from a distance. Failing that, I'm a wielder of the arcane arts, so I should be able to do something... he thought, his panic growing the stronger the vibrations got. He took a deep breath. You're over reacting. You're just not familiar with this are-OK, who am I kidding? This is a perfectly good time to worry and panic. I'm stranded in a place I don't know, with giant trees, and who knows what else. I'll let my instincts handle this one. They've never failed me yet. As he finished his thought, he ran next to a large tree and hid in its roots to watch from what he seriously hoped was safety.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:42 pm

Jimmy glanced about from his vantage point in the tree, subconsciously shifting towards the leaves, and searching out the source of the noise. He flipped out both of his balisongs and, digging his claws into the branch beneath him, he crouched, watching through the leaves. "the hell..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Natural Dangers   Natural Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Natural Dangers
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next