Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Grande Adventure

Go down 
+3
parameciumkid
Darth_Nergal
jedi-explorer
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Gildor returns with a large sack of flour sticking out of his pack and a grin on his face. "Alright, I'm ready to go when you guys are." As he looks around, he takes note at what everyone is bringing. He also notes the curious looks he's getting. "Shall we go?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Qwuillin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Qwuillin

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 8:44 am

"Well dude, you could consider it love if you mean completely one-sided and on the ladies side, a little sexual harassment," Zee chimed, keeping a cocky grin, "seriously, the number of times I've been slapped, my cheeks should be rosier than a monkeys' buttocks."

When Gildor looked at him, he gave him a grin. "Concurring with the elf, before I get bored and chat up the groups' ladies," he said, eyeing both up again with a larger smile, "and I'm sure nobody wants to be around when I've thought of one."
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 10:26 am

Richard hooked on his over-sized projectile launcher and then without a word set onto the path. After a moment he looked back. Come now we really should be off beffore-" He didn't get to finish the sentence before he was tackled by a 4 foot tall creature of some kind. The thing resembled a small, very shaggy metallic grey furred dog/dragon with over sized eyes, as well as a over sized tongue that was was busying itself with licking Richard's face, and finaly large fluffy pawed feet that seemed to have thick claws holding him down.

Richard was less than pleased that Dargo, his faithfull Snauztwhut, had once again defied his orders and left the Rising Valor. "What am I going to do with- ack stop that! Cease this behavior at once!" Said Richard in irritated, but commanding tone. The creature happily trotted to stand a little ways away staring at it's master contently with it's large green eyes. Richard then got up and looked at the party staring at him. "Ah sorry about that. My pet apparently missed me so much he decided to trounce me. Ah love, eh? Ha ha ha...ha." He cast a glare in Dargo's direction. "Go on back to the ship. I will rerturn in a week's time. Shimon will look after you, Dargo, now back to the ship."

The creature, Dargo, begin to whine which sounded a bit like a train straining it's brakes, and looked pleadingly at Persephony and Taihaku, sensing they were both female and might be sympathetic to it's plight. Making little noises slightly less annoying then before. Only slightly.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 10:43 am

Taihaku had met Zee's gaze with an icy-cold stare. She judged him quietly, thinking him a lecherous sort not to be mingled with. She quite disliked these kinds of men; they had a tendency to be foolish and she had seen their kind jeopardize a mission countless times. Although, that attitude always reminded her of her best friend from her days in the tundra. Perhaps that was why she always tolerated their company, she thought.

Done wanting to focus any more thoughts on Zee, Taihaku unbuttoned her thick coat and proceeded to put away the supplies she had bought at the store inside its inner pockets, and retrieve Richard's map while she was at it. However, in doing so, she exposed the pale-skinned cleavage of her rather large breasts, which had previously been aptly hidden by the thickness of her coat.

After she was done with that, she buttoned her coat back up. That was when she noticed the strange creature looking in her direction. She had not noticed its arrival, nor had she been paying attention to its interaction with Richard. She blinked at it twice, meeting its gaze with an emotionless expression. She enjoyed its appearance - its fuzzy paws reminded her of her own fur-covered hands and forearms. She was also quite insensitive to the noises it made; not only were her hears under her hood, but she had been subjected to far worse in the strange physics of Imoreith Tundra.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:40 pm

Persephone smiled down at the dog-like creature, but dared not approach it. It wasn't for fear so much as experience having shown her that she wasn't good with animals - they tended to start ignoring or even avoiding her no matter how she approached them.
As for Zee, she hoped he was only joking and wouldn't do anything stupid that could compromise their safety. She agreed with the growing consensus that it was time to be off, everyone seeming as prepared as they'd ever be.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 7:49 pm

Gildor smiles at the strange looking pet that had just tackled Richard. Bending down, he ruffled Dragos head. "Well now, what have we here. You're rather cute, aren't you?" The elf stroked Drago's back. "Aww, you want to come with us don't you?" He looked up at Richard. "So what is Drago, and what can he do?"
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:49 pm

Richard watched the party all falling for his mutt's usual scam. He had to admit it was good. No way he'd be able to talk them into leaving Dargo behind. "Well I suppose I'm out voted. Aha ha ha! So you can come boy. Ha ha ha!" After saying this Richard leaned down like he was petting Dargo and wispered in on of his large very floppy ears. "But if you ever usurp my authority. I'll have you neutered. " He then got up and shifted his bow to his other side and began to stride off out of the gateway and on the path leading out of Negav and safety. The adventure was under way last.

Dargo barked in loud very strange way and then looked back at the party expectantly and wagged his fuzzy club-tipped tail knocking over some pottery. Then begin startled by that took of comically.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:44 am

I knew I shouldn't have trusted that dog... thing thought Persephone.
Okay we can start the quest whenever, I'm just waiting for Jedi to give the "move out" signal...
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 6:25 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
I knew I shouldn't have trusted that dog... thing thought Persephone.
Okay we can start the quest whenever, I'm just waiting for Jedi to give the "move out" signal...

*(Hm? Did I not make it clear that Richard and Dargo left? Or do you want me to warp the group to the first "challenge"? )
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 2:11 pm

Guildor chuckled as Dargo knocked over a pair of pots. "Hey now, watch what you're doing with that tail of yours." He rightened the two pieces of pottery and gave Dargo another pat on the head. "Come along, your master is going to leave without us, and that won't do at all." The elf fell into line, positioning himself behind Taihaku. As they reached the gateway, Gildor tried to spark up some coversation with the Snow Leopard Neko. "So, I never learned where you're from."
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 5:03 pm

Taihaku, paying the strange creature no more heed, walked behind Richard. When Gildor lined up behind her, it made her feel uncomfortable. She preferred not to have her back turned to people, even those that were, or were supposed to be, her allies.

"Imoreith Tundra," Taihaku said in answer to Gildor's question.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:24 pm

Following Richard and company out into the edge of the wilderness, Persephone joined in the conversation between Gildor and Taihaku.
"That's cool," she remarked, "what's it like there, are the stories true? From what I've heard the Tundra's a pretty intense place."
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:40 am

Richard payed his companions no mind as he glanced about as if expecting danger to be lurking around every tree. Though they were in civilization he knew the roads were not safe. Most inexperianced adventurers and world hoppers always assumed the dangers came from the environment and not the people who lived there. Felarya may have more than a large number of dangers in the forms of man-eating plants and dangerous animals but it's citizens should never be underestimated. 'You never know when danger will strike.' Thought Richard. almost as soon as he thought it and a moment after he began to make out a distant shape of a wagon and...a large turtle? Ah a Nodhog. One of the giant turtles and two people, well cat people judging from the fact they not only had triangular ears on top of their heads but from the fact they also had long tails that swished rather than moving back and forth. "Hmm interesting. Looks like two nekos broke a wheel on their wagon how..Trivial." Said Richard with bit of amusement in his tone. He glanced down at Dargo. "Keep an eye out will you? They could be merchants or they could be thieves either way they are in our path and this is the only one inside the protection of both the Isolon Eye's field and the neko's miniature version. I sense some purpose in this...Dire perhaps, but no n-the-."

Dargo's ears drooped. 'Why does this always happen?' Dargo thought dejectedly. 'He sees danger and what does he do? Runs straight toward it laughing. Sometimes I wonder if he really is human.' With that he readied his own mana and mentally prepared to take on anything that would block their path.

As they neared they noticed it was only the two nekos. One of which was a child while the other was a trim neko with white hair and guitar on her back. Though it was the child who began to aproach them. She looked about nine or ten with dark red hair tha twas very happhazard and wearing a large borwn poncho that matched the white one's. "This group looks like they can help, sissy!" Said the small red haired one excitedly. The white one glanced at the other with a gesture. "Do you really think so? The leader seems to be rich and well armed but his group looks like they're off on an adventure. So it's unlikely nyah." Said Stardancer.

Ariana turned to her sissy and smilled widely. "But we're just poor vagrants with who broke down ,right, Sprinkles?" Said the mini neko to their faithful nodhog who only nodded in response. She then flashed a toothy grin to Stardancer and ran towards the group and anocunced in the best childishly annoying voice she could muster: "Heroes! Oh we're saved! Thank the guardians you've come. Please can you help us? We're broke down and would be so very, very, very grateful for your assistance."
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:15 am

"Indeed," Taihaku answered to Persephone. She wasn't about to say much more as the child from the wagon came bounding towards the group with her energy. Taihaku looked at the carriage, which was tipping somewhat with one of its wheels broken. Taihaku began quietly contemplating her ability to fix the wheel, or perhaps create a new one, with her magic, but stayed silent and out of the way.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:24 pm

Persephone's engineer's mind was hard at work before she even knew what she was looking at. A cart with a broken wheel, a short way outside the town... to the untrained eye, innocuous enough, clearly being an unfortunate accident.
And yet... For one thing, it was suspiciously close to the city for the nekos to be standing around waiting to be rescued. One of them could have walked from there to Negav and back within minutes. Being in the protection of the Eye, there was relatively little reason for them to fear such a short period of separation.
For another it seemed too... broken. The cart wasn't in that bad a condition overall. There were rocks here and there, but nothing that would amount to a significant shock load on the wheels or axles. It was almost as if a Clobbersaurus had wandered over and picked a fight with their suspension - as if bandits had come along, crippled the cart with one blow, and then run off without attempting to steal anything or hurt anyone - as if it were a trap.
Her pistol? Still a few bullets left and ready to be drawn in about... 1.5 to 2 seconds, just in case. Her legs? Well-stocked with glycogen and ready to run. Her trusting, sociable facade?
"Of course we can help! I see one of your wheels is broken rather thoroughly. Do you have a spare? And are either of you hurt?"
...Check.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 5:12 pm

"I'll have to visit it someday then." The Elf tilted his head some as the child bounded over, asking for help. Smiling, the Elf nodded. "I'll be happy to help. I may not be an expert at fixing wagons, but I can fix it up enough to work." He started to walk to the wagon, seemingly oblivious to any danger. However, if one looked closely enough at his walk, they would notice his hands were in easy reach of the morningstar at his side, that he was putting more weight on his back leg, and that his knees were bent slightly. Gildor was ready for a fight if there was one, though he hoped there wouldn't be. "So, tell me, what happened to you that caused this damage?"
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Ariana bounced allong and took note of this group as she did. One over stuffed noble with over sized weapon. An elf, those were always trouble, one neko of unknown origin and two very strange humans. "What a neat party! You all seem QUITE well armed." Siad Ariana moving to stand in front of Gildor and looking up at him with her big yellow eyes then glances over at Stardancer who in turn looked at the wagon and then without warning threw her poncho revealing her black short sleeved tunic with red sash and very long fencer like boots with runes on them. She then drew two knives twirling them. "Come and get 'em!" Promptly after she did two large male nekos came out of the cart allong with a human mage and neko with blonde hair and brown eyes through that was all you could tell. He wore an elaborate clothe face mask that clung to his lower face with little whiskers drawn on it he also wears a red suit with black tribal markings on it and black breeches that are loose with a elaborate boots he also wears a long knife at his belt he moves to stand before the party. "My friends, allow me to introducemyself. I am Lesard Derasl of the infamous Flaming Raiders! The most feared bandits in all of Nekomura! Ahahahaha! Now throw down your weapons and you may yet live to say you gazed upon my gorgeous and yet terrifying visage!"

Richard begin to chuckle. " 'Flaming Raiders'? What a terribly put together name... And even worse bandits! Half of you are armed with knives the other half looks positively worthless. Listen up, mercenaries. You face not lowly commoners, well actually they are, but I am King Richard Grande of the Great Repulbic of Os Alantia! I am a warrior as well as politician. It is YOU who should be afraid."

Lesard shrugged. "Ah you need some convincing? Fine. Stardancer, Ariana! Take them down and be careful and do not damage them too badly." Said Lesard looking at Taihaku and Persephone with amour in his eyes then with a wink he stood back as Ariana, per her master's comand, draw two small rods tipped with bright green gems then looked up at Gildor and asked. "You ready, elf man?"

Stardancer walked forward with a slight strut her boot's spurs making a "ting" sound every step. 'Hmm which of them to attack...The neko is heavily robed that usually means a mage. Better to let the boss or one of the men deal with her. I think I'll take the strange human woman. She seems pretty weak.' Thought Stardancer lifting her foot and bringing it down witha stop that looked more delicate than the magical shockwave that eminated from it would suggest. Though to Persephone's surprise a small boulder appeared and hovered in mid air beside the bandit neko woman. "I hope you like dodge ball, nyah! Because with these Quake Boots I create many balls for you to dodge." Said Stardancer bringing her foot up and then around like she was kicking. The boulder flew from her right and straight at Persephone.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:07 pm

Figures...
The first rock was easy to deal with, but the rest foretold, by virtue of their quantity, a depletion of the rest of her bullets. So Persephone went to work dodging what she could for the few seconds she would need to find and exploit a hole in her attacker's offense. Fortunately the bandit's choice of launching tactics made this relatively easy (due to the length of time between kicks), and it wasn't long before the neko found a gunshot tracing a path into her belly.
Of course Persephone knew better than to rely on the results of a single attack, and the name "Flaming Raiders" gave her a sadistic idea.
Back to top Go down
Qwuillin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Qwuillin

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:09 am

Zee had noted Taihaku's bust and was saving that comment for later. He didn't bother adding to the reasons for Dargo to come along, nor did he add to the conversation in front of him. He dawdled behind the others at a small distance.

He caught up with the group as they stopped and leaned back against a tree, checking out the older neko first and didn't try to hide it. He thought through everything that could be in the cart, though the Noghdong stood in the way, so he couldn't see if anything living was behind the creature, but it was a typical ambush scenario.

He grinned sickly as bandits emerged from the cart, tapping a knife against his chin. They were predictable, maybe too predictable, nothing unexpected to bring to the table. Oh well, it made just made it easier for him. He walked up to one of the male Nekos, giving him a nod and smirk. "Hey mate, how'd you like to do this, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 7:13 am

(NAME: Saen Kel the Fifth
Species: Human
Sex: Male
Height: 6’5
Weight: 230
Skin: has a slight tan
Hair: Dark Brown
Eye color: Golden brown

Saen Kel wears some leather as protection. He also carries a black bow made of a strange metal on his back, and the quiver, which is filled with black arrows, it is attached to his belt resting on his lower back. His belt also has a satchel attached to it that holds two six sided dice. One black with gold dots and the other gold with black dots. On his hands he wears black archery gloves . On his right hand is a signet ring with a simple enough design sliver band and a green gem resting in it. The boy’s hair is always a mess and looks as though its been ruffled. His face has a few birth marks upon it along with scuffs of dirt.) In case I describe my character poorly ^^

Saen Kel the Fifth was making his own path off the beaten trail when his attention was drawn by the sounds of battle. His ears were no better than any other humans but the years spent hunting had helped to locate precisely where the sound was coming from. 'Perhaps it is a family in distress being acted by some beast! Or maybe even a dragon!' The young man thought. He had not been in Felarya very long but he was sure that here he would find his destiny and become hero like the Saen Kels who had come before him. He sprinted towards the action very silent for his speed. His black bow on his back and hatchet at his side, he wore some light leather armor but by the look of it was meant for colder weather.
When he arrived upon the outskirts of the battle he hid. Saen couldn't really tell which party was the offending party. One side did seem more likely to be them but a hero must not judge by appearances but a person's heart. So there was only one thing to do, Saen Kel popped up from his hiding place and prepared to fire an arrow. "Villains repent lest this becomes your grave!" Saen cried valiantly and watched to see thier reactions 'Saen you are so very clever!' he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 12:38 pm

Stardancer was surprised at Persephone's quickness and how easily she managed to doge her flurry of boulders and even more shocked when she managed to pull a gun out and fire a bullet in the exact spot she had to decided to doge to. The projectile caught her in her side tearing through her cloth armor easily and causing her to have to stumble back. "Ugh!...Mroowr! No fair using guns...We can't afford them." Said the neko in between breaths. "Though as Rosiac neko I had some training in songs that use magic." SIad Stardancer stalling till she could channel the mana to her vocal cords and use her spell.

The big burly neko whom Zee had walked up to looked down at him from his impressive 7 feet of height and shrugged making the sword he was carrying on his back shift a little. "Why not? I'm kinda bored as it is. He then reached up with one hand and drew his five foot long brassy looking sword and brought it down at Zee in one handed lazy man's style of attack at the same time he put his hand on his belt knife, but didn't draw it. "By the way my name's Cliff, what's yours?"

Lesard was watching the battle unfold and taking note of everyone's strengths and weak points. Though his concentration was interrupted by the arrival of another trraveler. He turned around so his back was to others and said "What? Sorry I couldn't hear you over the cheesy heroic statement some messy haired kid made. Ha ha ha! Get lost while you still-"

Richard saw his moment when Lesard turned his back and took it drawing his bow in one motion then thumbing the "laser" function on it and firing a bolt of royal blue energy at Lesard. 'Ha! Fool. Never turn your back on your enemy. It's just- What?!' Thought Richard as he watched Lesard draw his long knife and without turning around flick the bolt to the side as if he had eyes in the back of his head! "Impossible!"

Lesard turned around and smilled and quoted. "Nothing is impossible! Only imperceptible! Ha ha ha ha!" Laughed the neko at his own inside joke. 'They always fall for the Imperceptible Defense. It was well worth the decade I spent perfecting it. Shame it doesn't work on Psions with farsight. Oh well nobody is perfect...Though I think I'm close enough! Let's show them another trick. "Fiery Gash!" Said Lesard drawing his hand back as he turned to Richard and making a "claw" gesture. Above Richard a fiery construct appeared above him resembling a giant cats paw burning with red light. "Oh and Corveta, do deal with that new comer. I need Spike and my Psy Neko where they are if I'm to checkmate theese bozos. Said Lesard talking to the human mage who'd been quietly standing by the Nodhog looking nervous.

Corveta had no idea why she'd ended up in this mess of situation with Lesard. At the time when their leader had saved her from a pod maw she had thought they might be heroes. Though she soon found Lesard's only heroic quality was he donated all of what he stole to Nekomura to help pay for their "Eye" taxes. Ofcourse she had thought he was the neko robin hood and ofcourse she had spent the night sharing his bed...Then ofcourse she realized a little to late she had joined the band and had no intention of stealing, plundering or otherwise being a thief and outlaw. She just wanted to go home but the Negav police had seen her on more than one occasion leaving the scene of a crime with Lesard so that was out. 'I suppose I'll have to make the most of it." She thought as she heard her boss giving her orders. She merely nodded and moved over taking her staff in both hands and too step toward the one Lesard had indicated and stopped a moment. 'Oh my goodness! He's hot. In sorta barbarian king way. Like a character from Warlords of Sheldor. Why did he have to be pretty? Now I'll mess up for sure.' She thought but assumed a battle stance with somewhat shaky knees. "I-I don't want to hurt you, so I suggest you drop your weapon or I'l...ummm...turn you into a frog! Yeah that'll do. So you better watch out!" For added effect she made the jewel in her staff glow a bright green...well it was supposed to be green it looked more yellow.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 1:13 pm

Gildor watched as the entire scene devolved into chaos. Instead of joining, the Elf began to slowly back away from the fight, drawing his bow and notching two arrows. He fired them both at the back of the Neko Zee was facing, aiming for the man's knee and groin. His ears then perked up at the words "Spike" and "Psy Neko". Thinking it best to find the two before they could cause any major damage, the Ranger slipped away.
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 1:22 pm

Persephone wasn't about to let the neko stall for time so as to prepare some kind of elaborate counterattack, not a chance. In fact it was situations like this that were the reason the double-tap was such an important principle to keep in mind during any battle.
So, her confidence bolstered by the enemy's admission to not having any guns of her own, she stepped a bit closer, making sure to stay just out of reach, and, with fire in her eyes, took another shot at the bandit's braincase. Generally she would have preferred to negotiate, or at least to end the conflict without hurting people more than necessary - but outlaws who baited and ambushed passersby were some of the people she hated above all others, and in her mind weren't in need of mercy.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:28 pm

Taihaku had just stood there, sort of bewildered, though it didn't show on her face. First the people in trouble turned out to be bandits springing a trap. That was easy to understand. But what she couldn't wrap her head around was the poor execution of their ambush. Why was it so obvious after they revealed themselves? Why didn't they attack from behind? Why did they wait so long to attack period? To Taihaku, none of it made any sense. And as if that wasn't enough, out of nowhere some other person appeared. He had spoken very finely, which intrigued the snow neko, but then it seemed he lacked the ability to perform a proper surprise attack as well. Were their enemies simply idiots? Or was it all leading up to some master plan?

In her absence of mind, she had totally ignored the combat around her. She had nearly gotten hit by boulders from the other neko's 'quake boots' by simply standing in place thinking. She mentally berated herself for her ineptitude as she looked around. She also counted herself lucky nobody had decided to aggress her directly. At the moment, she decided to wait patiently for someone to attack her first; she didn't want to get in the way of any of her allies if she wasn't needed, and letting an opponent make the first move would give her the edge in defence, and as a bonus, it would leave the enemy wondering longer about her abilities.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 3:02 am

Stardancer brought her knives up and managed to guard against Persephone's projectile and step back the magical energy surging into her vocal cords she opened her mouth and out came a beutifull voice that was soft, gentle and yet strong and overpowering it seemed to fill the clearing for a moment. "Mei tai do aeyoi an wai, an yai mi ohh yah tai..." After a few moments of singing suddenly Stardancer could feel her side wound begining to close...though the darn bullet was still in there! 'Okay she's not bad with her pistol but she can't have an unlimited supply of bullets...But I also can't keep this up. That took allot of mana and it's not even fully healed my wound. It'll take an hour to stop the bleeding. I suppose drastic times call for drastic measures.' Thought Stardancer gripping her knives tightly she then pur all her momentum into dashing at Persephone like a mad woman- Um well cat woman anyway

Cliff hadn't even fully conected to Zee when the first arrow came zooming at him forcing him to draw his knife early to save his groin from being hit though it threw off his balance and the motion carried him down in time to have Gildor's arrow hit one of his ears on the way down. "Ow!!!" Said the burly neko as he rolled to the side holding his knife in a reverse grip and his sword out in front of him pointing
it forward towards Gildor but his eyes were on Zee.

However with Gildor's concentration on Cliff he didn't seem to be paying Ariana much attention. She decided to help remind him of her position by swinging one of her rods at him. "Hey, pointy eared freak! It's good strategy to keep you focus on the enemy closest to you!" Mocked the little neko girl.

Lesard Laughed a hearty laugh. "Who's men are worthless now, eh, noble?" Said the bandit to Richard. Richard in turn smiled. "When men fail you always trust your pet." Lesard looked confussed to the statement until his danger sense went off again and he felt something try to bite his tail. "Eh?! What the- Oh! I forgot about your mutt!" Said Lesard barely dodging Dargo's jaws as the Snauzwhut had snuck up behind him cleverly and very silently too.

Dargo wasn't pleased when Lesard dodged his well placed attack, but he also didn't sweat it he had at least gotten the neko to move closer to the group and his master. Now to get him a little closer. Dargo brought his small, club like tail around and tried to trip up the red-and-black-clad neko who in turn counted by leaping up with that characteristic speed and agility nekos were infamous for. Though while in the air he couldn't do anymore. 'Got you!' Thought Dargo looking at Richard and winking.

Lesard had to admit. This dog was too smart for him! Not only had it rendered his special power useless but it had baited him into a trap that allowed his master to get a shot off. Almost perfect.. Richard took aim and fired a royal blue bolt of energy at Lesard and thought there was no way he could dodge or deflect it. Though much to his dismay the neko threw a handful of flame at the bolt and managed to make it cancel out rolling to the ground with ease and rose and came at Richard with a flurry of slashes and strikes using his long knife. Richard was forced to use his Guard Cloak to take the brunt of the blows by throwing it over himself like a shield and didn't see the neko do a front flip over his head and land behind him. He threw his cloak back and brought his bow up to find only empty air. "What where'd he-" *Suddenly a blast of intense flame hit him in the back while his cloak was flapping his powered armor was scored and molten metal soon fused to flesh. "GYAAAGH!!" Richard screamed going down on one knee. As Dargo saw this he let out a loud bark to alert the others and try and get their attention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Grande Adventure   A Grande Adventure - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Grande Adventure
Page 2 of 37Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next