Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Community Spells and Enchantments Index

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

Community Spells and Enchantments Index - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Spells and Enchantments Index   Community Spells and Enchantments Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 7:53 pm

Both of these are good spells. You may want to make the Wind Sweep Step have a different range of difficult, ranging from novice to whatever difficult might be. The reason for this is that one could, theoretically, use the spell to cause major affects. Let me take an example from the D&D Dungeon Master's guide. The party manages to get a vorpal sword (a weapon that has the chance of automatically beheading the people it hits) because the wizard used a Gust of Wind spell to knock the villain carrying it off a high enough cliff to kill said villain.

You see what I'm saying? Create a strong enough wind in just the right place and you can cause anything from people falling off cliffs to an avalanche. The stronger your wind, the harder the dance should be, not just the faster. :3

The Strengthening Stomp seems perfectly fine to me. So nothing needs to be changed there. :3
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Spells and Enchantments Index   Community Spells and Enchantments Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 2:48 pm

It's a good idea. But how would I make it harder? Add in more movements of some sort? :/ I mean, I tried doing the dance myself in what little space and with as much carefulness as I had, so to me it seems like it would be pretty hard to dance fast enough to make it, like, knock over a tree or something. O.o Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Community Spells and Enchantments Index   Community Spells and Enchantments Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:35 pm

I would suggest adding in extra movements and speed. So to knock over a tree could really only be done by a master.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Spells and Enchantments Index   Community Spells and Enchantments Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 5:24 pm

Speaking of masters, Stabs suggested changing the 'difficulty' thing to something else. I was thinking maybe mastery level? Like, what the lowest level of mastery of a certain field you have to have to be able to do the spell? Or is that too complicated?
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Spells and Enchantments Index   Community Spells and Enchantments Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 12:38 pm

Okay, I'm making some changes to the Index Threads. Instead of ideas only being added once they've been judged as good enough, which I think now is a terrible way to do it and it makes people not want to try because of the pressure and it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks, I'm going to leave it more open-ended, and the ideas will be added to the index for ease-of-access only. That way, everyone can decide for themselves whether an idea is good enough or not to be used! Very Happy Which I think will work much better. Hope you all enjoy posting more ideas!
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Community Spells and Enchantments Index   Community Spells and Enchantments Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 1:12 pm

Nyaha wrote:
Okay, I'm making some changes to the Index Threads. Instead of ideas only being added once they've been judged as good enough, which I think now is a terrible way to do it and it makes people not want to try because of the pressure and it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks, I'm going to leave it more open-ended, and the ideas will be added to the index for ease-of-access only. That way, everyone can decide for themselves whether an idea is good enough or not to be used! Very Happy Which I think will work much better. Hope you all enjoy posting more ideas!

That's not a bad idea man! O.O That way you can acess any spell anyone made and it's easier to find. Nyaha for the win?
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Community Spells and Enchantments Index   Community Spells and Enchantments Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:18 pm

Safe Burning

This is a technique used by many who practice abilities with fire: fire mages, pyrokinetics, etc. It is performed by setting an object or substance aflame, e.g. a piece of wood, hair, cloth - and then keeping it burning without causing damage to what is being burned. This is usually done by substituting the fuel for the fire being burned with magic energies, or by separating the flame from the fuel and keeping it burning with the power of one's mind, in pyrokinetics' cases. The purpose for doing this is usually to create a dangerous flaming weapon or distraction using something one would not want to lose, or without losing the original effect of the object being burned. In cases where the object can cut or has the potential to deliver a heavy blunt force, Safe Burning can increase the lethality of the object greatly.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Community Spells and Enchantments Index   Community Spells and Enchantments Index - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:26 pm

So, I have two ideas for some psion abilities, one of which I've posted before. I'm reposting it here to see if it gets more critiques. ^_^;;;

Viskinesis: The ability to manipulate and redirect forms of energy through the body and into another object or substance. this is almost purely a combat technique.

More Info:

------------
The name is pending on this one...it basically means Body Manipulation

Corpuskinesis: The ability to manipulate one's own body to speed it up or slow it down.

More info:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community Spells and Enchantments Index   Community Spells and Enchantments Index - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Community Spells and Enchantments Index
Page 1 of 1