Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CThompson's OC List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CThompson17
Naga food
CThompson17

CThompson's OC List Empty
PostSubject: CThompson's OC List   CThompson's OC List Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:55 pm

Okay. An original character list. Keep in mind that these are works in progress and if y'all have any suggestions on how to make them better, let me know. This first character isn't actually an OC, but rather it's a self-insert. I won't feature this one in any stories I write, but this is more for Chatbox RP purposes.

Alias: CT
Height: 5'10''
Weight: Around 200 Lbs
Race: Half-angel, half-human
Sex: Male
Skin/eye/hair color & style: Pale skin/blue eyes/brown medium-length hair
Angel-form appearance differences: Spiked up black hair and large white wings
Homeworld: Otherworlder
Usual Attire: Black t-shirt with a band logo, blue jeans, black shoes, and glasses.
Equipment: Large grey backpack usually carrying medical supplies, food, water, and extra clothing; Enchanted Suontaka sword (right-hand) Pic of Suontaka ; Enchanted Beyonet (left-hand) Pic of Beyonet
Bayonet's properties: Enhanced cutting capabilities (powerful enough to slice through a tree with ease) and the ability to open portals to anyplace the wielder has been. Inscribed on its sheath is the word: Honor
Suontaka's properties: Enhanced push-back capabilities (if used against a giant, it would feel like a hard punch) However, for want of force, it sacrificed cutting capabilities. Inscribed on its sheath is the word: Courage

Personality: Generally very kind and friendly, he loves to make friends with any and everyone he meets including giant preds, which can lead to some awkward situations. He will risk life and limb to help his friends even if the odds are highly stacked against him. His views on life on Felarya is that he believes that every life - predatory or otherwise - is unique, precious, and should be treated as such. This also means that he would never eat Tombthumbs or Neeras unless he was on the brink of starvation. He can be quoted as saying, "Sentient life should never eliminate sentient life unless it were to preserve life. However, genocide is never the answer."

Strengths: He spent most of his time studying the flora and fauna of this vast world, giving him the knowledge to know what to avoid in terms of dangerous plants and animals. He also spent time practicing basic medicine, which comes in handy. His combat skills are well above-average for a human due to years of training under the arch-demon Milada. He had gained immense strength, intense speed, and learned holy and unholy magic. When it comes to swordplay, his skills are incredibly efficient in getting the job done, whatever it may be. It's incredible to think that he is self-taught in swordplay.

Weaknesses: Thanks to his friendly disposition, this leaves him open to any clever predator that will pretend to make friends with him only to eat him in the end. He also isn't very agile or quick witted. In terms of stamina and endurance, he can sustain medium-length combat engagements, but he cannot sustain heavy injury. His combat strategies aren't very clever, either and mainly rely on improvisation. While he can fly at incredible speeds, this decreases his magical supply immensely and can use it up quickly when trying to escape from either a fight or a predator. However, due to feeling himself drifting apart from his family, he assigned to have the arch-demon Renesa take his magic and seal it away in a part of his soul that lies within her.

Side note: Can usually be found napping against a tree.

Name: Timur Volante
Height: 6'05''
Weight: 177 Lbs
Race: Neko
Skin/Fur/Eye/Hair color & style: Dark brown/Ears and tail are grey with black stripes/brown eyes/long black hair
Homeworld: Felarya
Usual Attire: White polo shirt with a red tie, black dress pants, and black loafers
Equipment: Normally carries a Type-44 Semi-Auto CPW (concealable plasma weapon)

Personality: Normally a care-free person, Timur is generally friendly and easy-going. However, he has shown cases of perversion and a slight addiction to gambling. He loves having a good time and occasionally hangs around in one of Negav's many pubs. He often claims that he doesn't drink, but he has been known to get quite drunk. However, he has a deep fear of nagas and mermaids, so he doesn't venture out into the wilderness often or out onto large bodies of water.

Strengths: He shows great physical strength and is extremely skilled in hand-to-hand combat. He also shows above-normal stamina and endurance. Speed and agility are also some of his strong suits and he is very adaptable in any environment.

Weaknesses: When it comes to strategic combat however, he lacks the knowledge to read his opponents. Thanks to his perversive nature, he cannot resist to introduce himself to beautiful female predators, excluding nagas and mermaids. Though he carries a gun, he is not accurate and only carries it if he cannot use his hand-to-hand skills to defend himself.

I'll continue to post more here when I come up with some more. I was going to put another one up here, but I developed a case of writer's block. So, if you know how I can improve them, somehow, let me know. Carry on, mates!

Last edited by CThompson17 on Tue May 28, 2013 5:30 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated CT and Timur Bio)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/cthompson17
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: CThompson's OC List   CThompson's OC List Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Well here's the first thing: As far as Felarya is concerned, Earth doesn't exist. Now, because CT's not technically a real character, it can probably slide, but it's still something you should be aware of.

We don't necessarily use alignments here, like in D&D or anything. In fact, a lot of D&D stuff is looked down on here; try to keep the two separate.

Weird. His personality seems very similar to my self-insert Nyaha's. :/

For Timur, the phrase "He doesn't drink often, but he has gotten drunk several times" strikes me as just plain contradictory. You may need to elaborate - and not just to me either, in the bio, too.

For the positive, your characters do seem pretty well-balanced, with strengths and weaknesses in both character and abilities. That's a very good thing to have that many people don't get when they start out here, including me. XD They don't seem to terribly original, but that's probably just my high standards talking. All in all, you seem to be off to a decent start.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
CThompson17
Naga food
CThompson17

PostSubject: Re: CThompson's OC List   CThompson's OC List Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 4:27 pm

Nyaha wrote:
Well here's the first thing: As far as Felarya is concerned, Earth doesn't exist. Now, because CT's not technically a real character, it can probably slide, but it's still something you should be aware of.

We don't necessarily use alignments here, like in D&D or anything. In fact, a lot of D&D stuff is looked down on here; try to keep the two separate.

Weird. His personality seems very similar to my self-insert Nyaha's. :/

For Timur, the phrase "He doesn't drink often, but he has gotten drunk several times" strikes me as just plain contradictory. You may need to elaborate - and not just to me either, in the bio, too.

For the positive, your characters do seem pretty well-balanced, with strengths and weaknesses in both character and abilities. That's a very good thing to have that many people don't get when they start out here, including me. XD They don't seem to terribly original, but that's probably just my high standards talking. All in all, you seem to be off to a decent start.

Thanks for the feedback. It's heavily appreciated. As I've mentioned earlier, they're still kind of a work-in-progress sort of thing. As for Timur's "drinking" thing, that will be fixed. At the time, I didn't know how to word it, so what I think I'll put there is, "He often claims that he doesn't drink, but he has been known to get quite drunk," or something along the lines. As for the alignments, I honestly wasn't thinking. I often forget what classifies as good or evil in Felarya and that people have their own opinions on the matter. Anyhow, thank you very much and I'll get back to it straightaway. Thanks, mate!
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: CThompson's OC List   CThompson's OC List Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 6:29 pm

"I don't usually drink, but when I do I prefer Dos Equis."
xD
More relevantly: "he doesn't drink often, but on several past occasions when he did, he ended up getting very drunk."
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
CThompson17
Naga food
CThompson17

PostSubject: Re: CThompson's OC List   CThompson's OC List Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 9:50 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
"I don't usually drink, but when I do I prefer Dos Equis."
xD
More relevantly: "he doesn't drink often, but on several past occasions when he did, he ended up getting very drunk."

That sounds better. Thanks, mate! I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: CThompson's OC List   CThompson's OC List Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 7:47 pm

I like your bios! Short but very informative on your characters. They both seem very well balanced to me. If only I could write so little and tell so much. ^^; Love the fact neither is overly powerfull or dangerous sounding. It makes them believable characters and likable. Also liek the fact CT is kind hearted guy even to predators. I have an OC like that as well. All in all I really hope you make more OCs so I can read about them further. ^_^
Back to top Go down
CThompson17
Naga food
CThompson17

PostSubject: Re: CThompson's OC List   CThompson's OC List Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:07 pm

New OCs. If you've been in the Chatbox with me, you may have heard Timur's story about the two neera he ate. These are those neera. I'll end up using these two in a story with Timur and it's a possibility that I'll revive them in the Chatbox in the future. For now, they are here. Same as the last two, they are WIPs.

Name: James "Jimbo" Solvese
Height: 3.5"
Weight (if Human-sized): 144 Lbs
Race: Neera
Skin/Fur/Eye/Hair color & style: Pale Skin/ White Ears and Tail/ Green Eyes/ Short-cropped Black Hair
Usual Attire: Red cotton t-shirt with a tribal design on it, black pants, and black sneakers
Equipment: None

Personality: James is generally a kind-hearted neera with a very short temper. At one point in his life, he showed a deep hatred for nekos, but upon meeting Timur Volante, that hatred turned to fondness. Even though James can be angered easily, he is very quick to forgive. He shows a deep love for his sister Tayna for she is the only living member of his family left. The two have almost become inseparable. He wishes to go out into the wilderness someday, but Tayna is holding him back

Strengths: James shows excelled skills in the areas of climbing. He shows great speed and agility and even shows above-average strength for a neera. Thanks to his sister, James has some expertise in cloaking or invisibility magic and some knowledge of battlefield tactics.

Weaknesses: However, his knowledge can only take him so far as his training in both battlefield tactics and magic wielding was informal and incomplete. Though he can make his body disappear, he cannot make his scent or tracks do the same. Even though he can run and climb very quickly, he can tire himself out quicker than most neera, so in order to escape from a predator, he has to be very clever. Unfortunately, he isn't.

Name: Tayna Solvese
Height: 3.2"
Weight (if Human Sized): 125 Lbs
Race: Neera
Sex: Female
Skin/Fur/Eye/Hair color & style: Tan Skin/ White Ears and Tail/ Brown Eyes/ Long and Wavy Black Hair
Usual Attire: Long-sleeved blue shirt with a v-cut, blue long-skirt, and black slip-on shoes
Equipment: None

Personality: Compared to her younger brother, Tayna is very level-headed and calm. She's generally a very kind and loving soul and will do anything to help a person in need. She shows a great fondness for her brother since he is the only surviving member of her family left. Upon meeting Timur Volante, she had a deep fear of nekos. Just like he taught her brother from hating them, he taught her not to fear them as much. Tayna sees Timur as something like a brotherly figure more than anything and she does have a slight crush on him. However, she is too shy to admit it.

Strengths: Tayna shows excellence in cloaking magic, expertly being able to hide all traces of herself. Like her brother, she shows great climbing abilities and speed. She can be quite clever in avoiding predators, using her magic and speed to give her the maximum advantage.

Weaknesses: However, where Tayna shows excellence in magic and speed, she lacks in strength and stamina. Unable to endure long chases, she has to rely on her wits to escape a predator or attacker. It may be quite difficult in order to do so either way because it is very rare that her brother ever leaves her side, making them a larger target for a hungry predator.

I'll have more soon. Any bit of feedback is appreciated. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: CThompson's OC List   CThompson's OC List Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:02 am

Wel lI like both of them! They are cute, but not too simple with complex bios that to put other neera to shame. *Really hopes Nergal doesn't see this and sick Nina on him* < <;

I like how they look like too. I can never quite bring myself to do that. Too similar of features always makes me feel lazy, but you seem to have found a good medium. I also love that they have modern looking clothes! So good to see non-fantasy neeras. ^_^; They are all to easy to make in Felarya. Interesting that they have no weapons or even soem support equipment. Is this because of a lack of information, imagination or perhaps because you don't think Neera need equipment? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
CThompson17
Naga food
CThompson17

PostSubject: Re: CThompson's OC List   CThompson's OC List Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 3:24 am

jedi-explorer wrote:
Wel lI like both of them! They are cute, but not too simple with complex bios that to put other neera to shame. *Really hopes Nergal doesn't see this and sick Nina on him* < <;

I like how they look like too. I can never quite bring myself to do that. Too similar of features always makes me feel lazy, but you seem to have found a good medium. I also love that they have modern looking clothes! So good to see non-fantasy neeras. ^_^; They are all to easy to make in Felarya. Interesting that they have no weapons or even soem support equipment. Is this because of a lack of information, imagination or perhaps because you don't think Neera need equipment? Just curious.

Thanks for the compliment, mate. I think that these neera feel as if they don't need support equipment. Since Tayna can easily hide any trace of herself, she doesn't feel as if she needs equipment. James does need equipment, but he'd rather face his opponents and use his wits to outsmart potential predators. I may change this in the future if I think they need changing. Thanks again, mate.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: CThompson's OC List   CThompson's OC List Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:20 pm

CThompson17 wrote:
jedi-explorer wrote:

Thanks for the compliment, mate. I think that these neera feel as if they don't need support equipment. Since Tayna can easily hide any trace of herself, she doesn't feel as if she needs equipment. James does need equipment, but he'd rather face his opponents and use his wits to outsmart potential predators. I may change this in the future if I think they need changing. Thanks again, mate.

No probelm! They were fun to read. I always try to compliment OCs when I see positive points to compliment on. XD I like that. She's seemingly overconfident and he's just too macho. Again really the perfect duo.
Back to top Go down
CThompson17
Naga food
CThompson17

PostSubject: Re: CThompson's OC List   CThompson's OC List Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:46 am

Geez... about time I get some new blood in here. Well, better late than never.

Name: Jaska Latvanen
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 127 Lbs
Race: Human
Skin/Eye/Hair color & style: Pale skin/ Brown eyes/ Long straight brown hair
Usual Attire: Blue denim vest with a black T-shirt underneath, blue denim jeans and black combat boots
Equipment: A heavily-modified assault rifle made to look like a Thompson sub-machine gun with a 100-round drum magazine and plenty of ammunition, and a custom-made acoustic guitar.

Personality: Generally calm and easy-going. Jaska is one to show care and concern for someone he sees in need. He is very loyal to his friends and family and will try to assist them if they're in need. Music for Jaska is a very important thing to him. He loves it in all forms and will respect anyone who's into it. It's one of the easiest ways to make friends with him.

Strengths: When it comes to combat, he shows excellence in marksmanship, able to handle his rifle like a highly-trained military officer. He is also a highly skilled guitarist, able to soothe even the most savage of predators. His style being mostly classical, can make most predators reconsider eating him after hearing his beautiful tunes.

Weaknesses: Although, when it comes to his music, it can and will indeed attract predators to him. If they don't seem to like what they hear, then Jaska would have to think of something else to be able to escape. He is not the quick-thinker. Not too light on his feet, either. When it comes to the flora and fauna, he does not know much, so he's prone to mostly stay in villages.
Back to top Go down
CThompson17
Naga food
CThompson17

PostSubject: Re: CThompson's OC List   CThompson's OC List Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:34 pm

Name: Holland (CT from a future time-line)
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: Nearly 200 Lbs
Race: Half-Angel, Half-Human
Skin/Eye/Hair color & style: Pale skin/ Blue eyes/ Brown shaggy hair and a beard under his chin
Usual Attire: Dark brown trench coat with a black shirt underneath, grey slacks, and brown boots
Angel-form appearance differences: Black spiked hair and black facial hair with dark wings
Equipment: Same weapons as CT (see CT's description above)

Personality: After witnessing many wars and conflicts in other realms, he is not partial to killing if it is needed to complete a goal. He has experienced the loss of his family and betrayal after his family had been sold into slavery, a promise broken by the one who forced him to join his army. He can be very blunt and cold in most situations. However, he is known to show high loyalty to his friends and family, so much to the point that he will kill anyone that wants to take them away from him with no chance of redemption.

Strengths: Due to his experience from nearly 15 years of outer-dimensional warfare against supernatural forces, his power had grown immensely to that comparable to that of a near-arch angel. He's able to cast advanced spells with a flick of his wrist and has a deep resource of both holy and unholy energies. He is an insanely skilled swordsman and is very quick on his feet. He has an immense amount of strength and his blades are able to destroy even an arch-demon's soul with just a slice.

Weaknesses: However, he could be easily betrayed into thinking someone is his friend due to his extreme loyalty to them. Once someone with nefarious means earns his trust, they can easily break it. If anyone were to harm his family, he may end up losing himself in a great rage, which could bring harm to himself. He can be known for underestimating his opponents and can be very arrogant at times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CThompson's OC List   CThompson's OC List Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CThompson's OC List
Page 1 of 1