Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guess I'll give this a shot, my character.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Redstiza
Tasty morsel
Redstiza

Guess I'll give this a shot, my character. Empty
PostSubject: Guess I'll give this a shot, my character.   Guess I'll give this a shot, my character. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Red Stiza (Usually just Red.)
Height: 5'3"
Sex: Male
Race: Human

Appearance: (My icon is pretty close minus the sword, it's just a sprite I edited while bored.)
Redstiza or just “Red” appears to be a youngish human male around twenty years old.  He stands at about 5 feet 3 inches with a slender wiry build.  While his face shows a tired and bored looking expression, he does smile and can be happy and friendly with those he trusts.  The iris in his right eye is red while the left is yellow and missing a pupil, he is not blind in that eye but it doesn’t allow him to see in color with either.

His hair is a bright red, like an apple and is quite long.  While not a natural color in most humans it is to him and will always grow back the same.  He is able to tie it in a fluffy pony tail in the shape of a fox’s tail and still able to have bangs that almost reach down to his shoulders, it also functions as a tail despite being nothing more than hair with no appendages or anything that would normally cause it to wag or display his current emotion (More for extra comedic whatevers, no real reason behind it or anything).

His outfit is a bit simple, a blood red long sleeved shirt that buttons in the middle that he leaves un-tucked and the cuffs undone.  A pair of simple black jeans that go down to his feet which are each covered in a pair of simple black shoes.  If one were to look close enough they would see neatly done stitches around each finger, his thumb, and wrist only visible on his left hand.  The same markings appear around his neck as well.

Personality wise, he is a bit quiet and distant to strangers while mostly keeping to himself.  It may take some time for him to get used to someone but he can be open and friendly once that happens.  His trust isn’t easily gained but when it is he can be very loyal.  He may be a bit unsure of what to say at times as he doesn’t have much practice being social because of his past, but he tries his best to be there for the ones the he does care about.  

Red does know how to defend himself, at least from others of around the same size.  Despite his seemingly short frame he is able to use his size to an advantage by relying on speed and using the attacker's weight and size against them...though he generally avoids conflict, sometimes even by using those abilities to get out of fights.  He is also proficient with daggers and small knives in any life threatening situations and can be pretty resourceful, but tends to avoid those as well.   

He is also known to wander about at random and can sometimes be found in strange and interesting locations to explore while relying on some decent lock-picking skills to gain access to areas others may not be able to enter normally.  While he is not after any sort of treasure or artifacts however, it's really something he does out of boredom...although he does have a tendency to pick pocket random strangers from time to time if he is in desperate need of food, or by taking odd jobs and even street performing.  I guess if Red were to have a class from some kind of RPG or an MMO, he would probably be a Thief or something.

Background:

A few years ago, a child of about ten years old by the name Red █████████ was taken from his home in the small slumlike town of █████, ██ in the middle of the night and was reported missing the following morning at around 8:23 P.M. by his parents, ████ █████████ and ██████████ █████████.  After being taken by some hired hands of the ████████████ Corporation, a recently bankrupt company that was in charge of a few questionable medical facilities throughout the small area that had a reputation for strange and sometimes horrifying changes ended up happening to a few of the patients which caused the company to end up going under after a series of government investigations which were halted after being paid off by a friend of the owner, Mr. ████.  A few months passed and eventually the search for Red █████████ came to an end after the authorities had decided he was no longer alive.

Of course, unknown to the public, he was very well alive.  After being taken to the new facility owned by ████████████ which was currently under new management by the two brothers ████████████████████████████████████.
Red was among the small group of children that had been taken to the secret laboratories that had been opened in secret after previous incidents of ████████████████████████ ███████████████████████████████████████████that caused the company to shut down.  There, a series of gruesome medical procedures were done in an attempt to create an endless supply of ██████████████████ for hospitals everywhere in order to completely remove waiting lists for █████ █████████.  After a few years of this, Red eventually managed to escape now at the age of fourteen.

He managed to eventually make his way back home but his parents could not accept that he could possibly be alive and turned him away. Forced away from his home, he ended up spending that night in a nearby park and returned the next day to find his home completely burned down with ████ and ██████████ found dead.  Seeing their charred corpses caused him to run as far away as he could, taking some clothes he found in a trunk that had luckily survived the fire to replace the tattered hospital gown.  A few hours of wandering through the woods he stumbled upon a what seemed to be a rip or tear in the very fabric of reality and decided to explore, ending up in this strange and interesting world of Felarya.

Some of the side effects that seem to come from the excruciating and terrible experiments are a high resistance to pain and the ability to see in the dark.  The first just means he is able to push his body further when doing things but with a risk of injuring himself in the process.  The second has to do with his eyes, which had specific nerves and implants to give him enhanced sight in low to no light areas.  He can also be pretty knowledgeable despite not continuing his education after being kidnapped and used as a human test subject, learning everything he knows by having read practically every book he could after spending countless hours in a few libraries.

(I hope this isn't too horrible, I wanted to be a bit vague with some of the information since I didn't think it would be really necessary unless something like that came up in a plot somewhere...)

Last edited by Redstiza on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Guess I'll give this a shot, my character.   Guess I'll give this a shot, my character. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Firstly weclome to Felarya Forums! ^_^ You should try introducing yourself in the Test and Welcome before posting a character, but it's not uncommon so I'll just welcome you now. Also are you sprite artist? Cause that's not a bad recolor. Now let's examine you bio and see what we got.

...Not too bad. A bit bland in places, but written well enough. Defiently not going for over powered are you? You get points for that, since I can't even avoid doing that myself, but very plain and simple. Not a bad thing to have in an OC who's simplistic and easy to get in one go, but I'll tell you a little complexity never hurt. Your backstory is a bit too small. Need to add in some "spice of life" details! Where does he come from? What are his interests? Who killed his father? Anything to buff it out just a little and show us the character's personality! Don't just include positives though, show us some negative details too. It helps to make them feel more human. Hope that helps. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Redstiza
Tasty morsel
Redstiza

PostSubject: Re: Guess I'll give this a shot, my character.   Guess I'll give this a shot, my character. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 5:10 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
Firstly weclome to Felarya Forums! ^_^ You should try introducing yourself in the Test and Welcome before posting a character, but it's not uncommon so I'll just welcome you now. Also are you sprite artist? Cause that's not a bad recolor. Now let's examine you bio and see what we got.

...Not too bad. A bit bland in places, but written well enough. Defiently not going for over powered are you? You get points for that, since I can't even avoid doing that myself, but very plain and simple. Not a bad thing to have in an OC who's simplistic and easy to get in one go, but I'll tell you a little complexity never hurt. Your backstory is a bit too small. Need to add in some "spice of life" details! Where does he come from? What are his interests? Who killed his father? Anything to buff it out just a little and show us the character's personality! Don't just include positives though, show us some negative details too. It helps to make them feel more human. Hope that helps. ^_^
Alright, thanks! I'll definitely work on it some more, I just wasn't sure how long it should be or what kind of info would be needed but I'll add on to it. Also I didn't notice that introduction thing but I probably should have looked around more first... xD
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Guess I'll give this a shot, my character.   Guess I'll give this a shot, my character. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 5:47 pm

Welcome to Felarya Red!
As for your bio, you've made the mistake many do and spent way too much of it on the guy's appearance and outfit. As they say, a picture is a thousand words, so if you must have certain details a certain way, draw it, and if you can't... well that sprite isn't bad. Or you could find a picture online that's kind of close. In my opinion it's more important for the bio to include nuances of his personality and backstory, including maybe some explanations of why he looks the way he does. For example, is his ponytail magical, or does he have a tail inside it, or is it just meant to be a comedic way to express his emotions?
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Redstiza
Tasty morsel
Redstiza

PostSubject: Re: Guess I'll give this a shot, my character.   Guess I'll give this a shot, my character. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 6:03 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
Welcome to Felarya Red!
As for your bio, you've made the mistake many do and spent way too much of it on the guy's appearance and outfit. As they say, a picture is a thousand words, so if you must have certain details a certain way, draw it, and if you can't... well that sprite isn't bad. Or you could find a picture online that's kind of close. In my opinion it's more important for the bio to include nuances of his personality and backstory, including maybe some explanations of why he looks the way he does. For example, is his ponytail magical, or does he have a tail inside it, or is it just meant to be a comedic way to express his emotions?
Ah I gotcha. Well I can draw a reference, it's just that I don't have any recent ones so I'd have to make a new one. The whole appearance would really only be temporary. I'll also work on expanding more and give a backstory since I do have one but wasn't sure about putting it in or not, kinda new to the whole forum role-play thing.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Guess I'll give this a shot, my character.   Guess I'll give this a shot, my character. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Redstiza wrote:

Alright, thanks!  I'll definitely work on it some more, I just wasn't sure how long it should be or what kind of info would be needed but I'll add on to it.  Also I didn't notice that introduction thing but I probably should have looked around more first... xD

It's okay. It's hard to determine how much is too little or much infromation. I know. I feel like alot of my bios are walls of text or just too short to consider. It's like in writing though: There's no wrong way to write. Oh I'd be sure and look around. We have tons of interesting threads! ^_^

Redstiza wrote:
Ah I gotcha. Well I can draw a reference, it's just that I don't have any recent ones so I'd have to make a new one. The whole appearance would really only be temporary. I'll also work on expanding more and give a backstory since I do have one but wasn't sure about putting it in or not, kinda new to the whole forum role-play thing.

Heh RPing can actually help with developing backstories. I know it did with Clare and Kate. Likely this won't be the last time you edit your bio. Especially not if you RP alot. ^^; Sometimes alot of good RPing can end up changing your OC so much a revision is needed...But hey character development never hurts!  geek 
Back to top Go down
Redstiza
Tasty morsel
Redstiza

PostSubject: Re: Guess I'll give this a shot, my character.   Guess I'll give this a shot, my character. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 10:08 am

jedi-explorer wrote:
Redstiza wrote:

Alright, thanks!  I'll definitely work on it some more, I just wasn't sure how long it should be or what kind of info would be needed but I'll add on to it.  Also I didn't notice that introduction thing but I probably should have looked around more first... xD

It's okay. It's hard to determine how much is too little or much infromation. I know. I feel like alot of my bios are walls of text or just too short to consider. It's like in writing though: There's no wrong way to write. Oh I'd be sure and look around. We have tons of interesting threads! ^_^

Redstiza wrote:

Heh RPing can actually help with developing backstories.  I know it did with Clare and Kate. Likely this won't be the last time you edit your bio. Especially not if you RP alot. ^^; Sometimes alot of good RPing can end up changing your OC so much a revision is needed...But hey character development never hurts!  geek 

Yeah, roleplays usually help with developing a character since you just have to find things that fit and stuff. I'll definitely be working in things as I do more RPs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guess I'll give this a shot, my character.   Guess I'll give this a shot, my character. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guess I'll give this a shot, my character.
Page 1 of 1