Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Everyday Felarya

Go down 
+10
Bandur Khan
dragon808tr
aethernavale
parameciumkid
Thywolf
Stabs
Nyaha
Shady Knight
tkh1304
Karbo
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 1:16 am

Here is a little thread to say what particular elements of Felarya you think deserve more attention and could make a nice illustration..

Something more casual, showing everyday life like those :

http://karbo.deviantart.com/art/Three-I-tell-ya-455370504?q=gallery%3AKarbo%2F19155&qo=17

http://karbo.deviantart.com/art/Attention-soldiers-431666318?q=gallery%3AKarbo%2F19155&qo=43

For example next one of this style I'm going to do is a picture about Cal Chanim, the mirror day Smile
So go ahead ! I might not use your idea in the end but it's always helpful and can help imagination to bounce back too.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
tkh1304
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
tkh1304

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 2:25 am

I want to see the dark side of the usually-illusated-as-bright-and-cheerful Felarya. Even villians need to work, eat and sleep too XD
Back to top Go down
http://tkh1304.deviantart.com
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 5:22 am

Honestly, I think concept pictures of other areas would be good to give people an idea of what they look like. Like a typical scene in Nekomura or Kortiki Town.

Oh, and the Jaslow Arena, cause I so want gladiator matches to be like Negav's answer to the WWF.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 7:05 am

How about a scene from the Drunken Chilotaur in Motamo Docks? The patrons could be enjoying a song by one of the musical talents hired by the business. If you're feeling really generous I'd even suggest my musician Exilon to make a cameo. ;D Y'know, the mute Rosic Neko you said you really liked the idea of? Eh? Eh?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
tkh1304
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
tkh1304

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 7:49 am

Some less-screen time species should appear in your drawings, like inu, kitsunes... and other mirror species.

Any place with a settlement outside of Negav should have their screen time to, like Motamo Dock and Nekomura.

P/S: Since we have giant fruits, I guess there should be predator-brew liquor too (I suspect Chilotaur can make them). I imagine predators gather at one place, enjoying the drink together using their own makeshift means of drinking (plugged animal skulls, stone tankards, or magic user make the liquor swirl into a ball of water and "eat" it),  and the drunkard starts to do something extraordinary.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 10:13 am

I'm splitting that off so we can discuss beer in peace.

Since you want something... casual, how about, hm...

Mining for Ascarlin? A ritual in the Othemite church? WHOREHOUSE WHOREHOUSE WHOREHOUSE The elven enclaves of the northern lakeland? A vishmitali production lab room or other hi-tech hovel somewhere? A hunt for dangerous game creatures in the jungle? Some bazaar somewhere? Critters congregating at a watering hole somewhere in the wild?
Back to top Go down
Thywolf
Great warrior
Great warrior
Thywolf

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 12:27 pm

Adventurers not getting eaten :v

Kensha pups playing
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 1:09 pm

I'm sort of with tkh1304 here. Perhaps you could depict more of those locations that don't have "official" pictures yet, e.g. Forget-me-not Island or the Far Lands.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 1:12 pm

I second some stuff from the Ascarlin mines.

Additionally, a bucketlist for you:

• Tinies at play in Pelnepi.
  • Dockyard workers in the Motamo Docks handling shipments. Preferably with some hybrids / taurs helping to do the work.
  • A festival / carnival in Kortiki
  • A festival / carnival in Nekomura
  • Life for merchants in Kelerm
  • Whatever you want involving the Bridge of Eternity or the Bridge of the Huntress
  • Something involving the sad / nostalgic music in the 'clean' area of Supprozad
  • The dridder knights of the Web Fells on patrol or relaxing around a campfire
  • Mermaids playing a game of tag in the Seidon Rises of Gaieochos Island
  • Gerridi music showdown / shendig at the Ixtapal Marshes
  • Sailors navigating the crystal "icebergs/reefs" of the Shimmering Seas
  • Whatever you want with the Luminous Hallows

Okay, I think that's enough for now...
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 2:53 pm

Interesting. But Let's remember Karbo is only one guy, so it would be awhile. As for what I want to see:

Negav's Pit

The average Negav house/living conditions.

The Insolon Eye (Seriously, is it like a stand alone gem, or shielded like a nuclear reactor?)

Janslo Arena (Always thought of it as a collesum based building)

Neko's tail (Always thought of it as a gentlemen's club, or a normal bar)

Maybe the guilds?

Also, maybe a standard party out in the wilderness using weapons or racing through the air on jetbikes away from a hungry harpy? (Belletia maybe?)

Really anything is fine! ^^ I'm quite a fan of all of Karbo's work. Perhaps some day I should post my Felarya theory and its relations?
Back to top Go down
tkh1304
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
tkh1304

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 4:33 pm

-Mermaids throwing stuffs at each other during their argument : P
-Some kind of Nekomura's festival. Harvest Festival, for example.
-Marketplace or bazaar.
-Tail Barbers in Negav who is working to beautify someone with tail. I imagine kitsunes would be big customers there, considering they have more than one tails XD
-An Inu hunting pack surrounds a herd of duikers.
-Gladiators fighting in arena. Or behind the scene.
-A Dridder mother teaches her children how to knit with threads
-Wizard explosion in a lab, results in afro nekos!
-Barfight! Okay, which one you will bet on? That muscular Inu? Or that one-eyed warrior who claimed to kill Kensha pups with his bare hands?
-Cooking class! Let teach those lovely children how to make chocolate muffin! Oh wait, no one tells me that children here are all Inus! Stop biting me!
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 9:24 pm

Don´t worry - I won´t bother You with any of my weird Ideas.
Back to top Go down
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 1:23 am

I'm all for the ascarlin mines or Harvest festival.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 6:01 am

You know one thing I've never seen? Actual dungeon crawling that doesn't end in a total party kill. Would be an opportunity to show what Jadong Temple looks on the inside and that undead cerberus most people probably forgot about.
Back to top Go down
hhhat09
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
hhhat09

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 6:38 am

The underground tiny (and slave, weapon, etc.) dealer in full. Perhaps a small cavern - a wall's worth away from The Pit proper - nearby the entrance to the Pit itself, with the aesthetics of a warehouse built in and around stone, crossing between the two randomly, sloppily, a rustic feel.
Back to top Go down
SenecaHyde
Naga food
SenecaHyde

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 8:42 am

I'd be interested in seeing what the entertainment culture is like. Are there sports superfans? Musical groups with groupies? Sleazy pseudo-celebrities?

If I have to throw out some kind of everyday image: an equipment vendor with signs for two prices, one to rent, one to buy. And the rent price is only like 5% off the buy price, leading to angry customers trying to haggle (sometimes successfully, if they can convince the vendor their chances of survival are above average). While it may seem like a dirty business tactic, it better represents that the vendor anticipates that the equipment wont be coming back most of the time.
Back to top Go down
tkh1304
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
tkh1304

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 9:06 am

I want to see tinies in action. Like how neeras riding on their tamed muris (big green tree rats) to travel or to fight back predators. Or how a community of tomthumbs fit themselves in a carton box located in an abandoned warehouse.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 12:17 am

Oh so many good ideas here ! I will definitely do some, of those thank you Smile
Keep them coming XP
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 10:34 am

You know a scene that would be nice?  A scene at the Isolon University of Magic.  We kind of got one, but it was more of a framing device to show a look of Negav.  I think we should see what a typical classroom look like in the middle of class, or a shot of the main hall.  I think a good look of what the Elven District look like would be nice and how much it differs from the city itself.  In fact, many districts would make for great pictures.  Like the Grand Market District, the Street of the Red Flower, the Golden Spire District, the Blue Zone, Cremona Maze and The Underground for something a little less lighthearted.  Even Negav Bath would work and would give you an excuse to draw more shameless fanservice, not that you really needed an excuse.

For something a bit more character related, a group picture of the Magiocrat Council Members would give us an insight of who the big wigs are. Maybe Marken being dragged accompanying Subeta for some dungeon crawling. Anna doing some engineering. Melany in the middle of making a trap or making some kind of pointless Rube Goldberg machine.

Or maybe just an excuse to show some other races that never show up. Like the Nemesis. We got one good picture of a Nemesis' face in the background. A full-body picture would work and bring awareness to the race. Maybe do something like Blazbaros does for U'rth where he shows concept artwork of races and in the description gives a summary for each one. It might be a good nod to your old bios.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 11:36 am

I love that Karbo is taking our requests to improve Felarya.. . But I wonder if it wouldn't be just as, if not more so, if we offered the same deal to him?
Back to top Go down
SenecaHyde
Naga food
SenecaHyde

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 8:33 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
I love that Karbo is taking our requests to improve Felarya.. . But I wonder if it wouldn't be just as,  if not more so,  if we offered the same deal to him?

I think this is spot on. That'd be a pretty neat thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Everyday Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyday Felarya   Everyday Felarya Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everyday Felarya
Page 1 of 1