Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya IRC + Working Link + Other Places to RP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felarya IRC + Working Link + Other Places to RP Empty
PostSubject: Felarya IRC + Working Link + Other Places to RP   Felarya IRC + Working Link + Other Places to RP Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 8:38 pm

Link to Felarya IRC

Does that work? Its supposed to be a direct link to the Felarya IRC and auto-connect you.

Anyway, the point of this thread is to address what I posted in the sticky, which can be found here.

The Forum has a great roleplay section which I am currently posting in, and while I do not wish to undermine it, and certainly will not, I do wish to say that there is another chat where one can RP at, and receive instant feedback and replies.

This is something people might like to ask what difference is it from the forum or the chat, but each has their benefits. So does the IRC.

-For one, the IRC has no limit on wait times. In the chatbox you are timed out after 10 or 11 minutes. On the IRC you can sit there and lurk as long as you want. Many of us are always tabbed out in other places, and this allows you to watch a video or type somewhere else and be able to come back without worrying about disconnecting.

The IRC is good for overall lounging like that. Also, the Forum Chat is extremely beneficial in the aspect of critique and idea discussion, as you are on the forum itself, and dont need to go too far to find a thread to comment on. As I said, strengths in both exist.

It is more RP friendly, as RPs sometimes may require long posts, on bigger screens, and while you can do that on the forum chat, it feels obtrusive to drag the window out, where on the IRC you dont need to, and it feels more natural.

The IRC has quite a history. It has been there since the very beginning of Felarya, set up by someone named Davis/Sokai/Iakos either here, on deviantart, or on the IRC itself. He created his own dedicated webpage for it to go to, but it has since been defunct since he left.

I wish for the IRC to be widely known, and frequently visited and enjoyed by many people, but for that I need it to be easily accessible and user friendly. That is why I have decided to make a post about this instead of extending an explanation in another thread.

I have html code at the ready to embed it on a website.

Code:
<iframe src="http://www.dal.net:9090?nick=HelplessPrey&channels=felarya&uio=MTE9MjQ255" width="647" height="400"></iframe>

I need a good way to implement it though. That's the real problem here. Making another website, through the forumotion page here, or somewhere else. I also would like help on this particular matter as many of you here can program and are quite intelligent on websites and computers. I would love to figure this out so that one day soon the IRC can be bustling with people the way it used to be.

Last edited by Archmage_Bael on Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC + Working Link + Other Places to RP   Felarya IRC + Working Link + Other Places to RP Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 8:43 pm

I personally welcome anyone who wants to come on and chat. It's been a stable server for almost a decade now, no problems since.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC + Working Link + Other Places to RP   Felarya IRC + Working Link + Other Places to RP Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 3:40 pm

Yes...

There seems to be a minor issue with scrolling down automatically, which can be tedious but should work otherwise.
edit: It has been fixed now.

Its a decent substitute for not wanting to download any clients, but the only other option I can think of is using Mibbit to join in through a website.
I linked it in the other thread of course. I realize not everyone may want to use that method.

Here are instructions for Mibbit though:
1. Click here: https://www.mibbit.com/
2. Click "Launch Mibbit Client"
3. For Connect: Click the down arrow to open a drop down menu, scroll down the list until you find "DALnet"
4. Type your name into the textbox after "nick"
5. Type in #felarya for the channel name.
6. Click connect, and wait until you get logged in.

Attention Moderators of the Forum:

If you chose to join, I am unsure about the transfer of authority. As far as I've always saw it, the IRC is a chat relevant to the forum and the felarya community, therefore I would be happy to grant you modship on the IRC as well. However, you'll need to register your name for DALnet. In short: registering makes it far easier for the chat to recognize the authority, so I dont have to be there to grant it to you every time.

Registering your nickname:
1) type in  /nickserv register password email address

As far as I can remember, it asks you a security question for your password. After typing in /nickserv it should be straightforward, but I have not registered in years.
The DALnet website is here: http://www.dal.net/
Here are commands you can use: https://www.dal.net/services/servdetail.php?type=chanserv
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC + Working Link + Other Places to RP   Felarya IRC + Working Link + Other Places to RP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya IRC + Working Link + Other Places to RP
Page 1 of 1