Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things

Go down 
5 posters

Do you like what you see?
Love it!
Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Vote_lcap17%Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Like it!
Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Vote_lcap17%Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
I want some more of it!
 17% [ 1 ]
Needs Work
Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Vote_lcap49%Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Vote_rcap
 49% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Empty
PostSubject: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 4:12 am

I want to give this a go! Let's try a' lil vapire girl because there are none in the wiki who are human sized.
Finished Ideas

Historical Figures:

Locations:

Astapora Admiral of the Night

A legendary figure said to be a Sagolian princess who for saw her own destruction and so drank of a vampire's blood and became immortal and survived the Gaurdian's rage thrown down like fire from the heavens....and some say she made that up to embellish her persona, what with beimg a loud drunk and braggart. She is a privateer in Negav's merchant fleet who uses her knowledge of water and blood magic to sink whole flotillas proving herself useful to sailors of Negav even though she herself once tried to conquer it. She sailed into the squalid Motamo Docks with her horde of creatures of the night. She held it ransom till she realized the people of the city actually didn't mind the idea of her sucking the 'demi humans' dry. Outraged she vowed to raid the city itself but found climbing the wall a difficult task and ended up getting bored, drunk and sauced on volunteer blood from her new pals. She had a week long party before deciding she liked the Docks and would protect them and her new freinds volunteering her ship the Lunar Trident and her fleet to the city as an apologetc gesture. The Negavians still wanted to keel haul her so she sweetened the deal by offering her treasure holds to pay for what few damages she had cost the proud city, holds filled Sagolian Silk Tapestries, Sphinx sized books and other wonders! She became a good freind to Negav Historical society overnight and soon hob nosed herself up the ladder enough to land a cushy gig as a privateer.

WIPS

Felaryzons
don't take this one so seriously
A primitive race of excessively tall, strong human cannibalistic women who are found all over Felarya. They were created by a movie company who was known for bringing the most ridiculous olden movie clichés and wackiest of tropes to life. The script called for hulking, yet sexy canibal amazon women and the company genetically engineered four of the sexiest giant canibal women money could buy. Unfortunately they made their bodies with DNA illegally obtained from Felarya and made them super voracious and stretchy stomached. They devoured the actors, the crew and most of secruity before they were finally caught and released into their natural habitat: the steamy jungles of western Felarya. They now dwell there living off the land and it's people.
■Cautionary Description■
If you are ever exploring The Far Lands you should be on the look out for Felaryzons: huge, canibal amazon women. No not giantess, though the average height for a specimen is ten feet with the tallest measuring at fourteen feet! They are not only tall but stronger than the average gladiator and body builder by three times, though they look less muscular and more endowed in the chest amd glutious maximus than you might think. They are large and strong but also more cunning than their terrible grammar would leave you to believe.  Oh they may say "Me hungry! Me eat you good! Yum yum!" But this is purely to confuse their prey into thinking they are too dumb to catch you and swallow you whole using their detachable jaws and rubber-like stomachs. They are as decepitively smart as Crisis. In fact some study on their creation would reveal Crisis is, in a very strange way, their mother! The Felaryan DNA procured to egineer them was in fact obtained from one of her scales. Because of this some Felaryzons can manifest a  feint predator sense but most never hone it.
■Observations By Professor Pilara Sandrock■
According to Professor Sandrock  the Felaryzons are a totally matriachal society with a 'Han-cho Lady'  who is selected by way of an odd week long contest involving weight lifting,mid wrestling and finally seeing who can eat the most 'pwunies'. Her notations on this odd coranation read" I believe this is a dirogectory slang for human sized beings. I was proven correct when I observed the contest disguised using my 'Dryad Transmogrifaction Potion. It also confirmed a theory I had about them mostly consuming meat and not bothering with Vegetal Humanoids. I observed the new Felaryaon Han-Cho devour ten humans and she looked queasy. This has lead me to postulate that these women's stretchy stomachs are less durable than the rumors said, though still very cappable of digesting a whole human witout much difficulty. Maybe two with a side of salad but not much more than that witout eventually regurgitation ensuing.
■Entry 2■

Pilara Sandrock's Notes on Geomancery:

Last edited by felarya_refugee on Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:29 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://ashely-virgo.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 8:22 am

First of all, welcome to the forum, refugee.

Second... this Astapora, a privateer? You might want to think about that a bit harder. Negav's got the only population in Felarya that has any significant economic resources. Who is she going to privateer at for Negav? There's literally no other docks in leagues around.
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 4:01 pm

Stabs wrote:
First of all, welcome to the forum, refugee.

Second... this Astapora, a privateer? You might want to think about that a bit harder. Negav's got the only population in Felarya that has any significant economic resources. Who is she going to privateer at for Negav? There's literally no other docks in leagues around.

Thank you, sir!

Huh? I thought a privateer was a pirate who worked for the good guys. scratch  Then again I conjured this lovely idea whIle laying in bed.... Let's turn to the internet! study  Ohh I see. The fault is not that she works for Negav as a Privateer but more than she acts like port secruity less of a pirate for hire looting enemy ships because Negav is the only canon city that uses the Motamo River right? Huh by that dent maybe I should make a rival port for vampire pirates and have Astapora work for them? Or maybe just change her title?
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 1:07 am

I was inspired by Archmage_Bael's Raut'rch idea.

Name:  Yon'nahrok
Size: Eight feet tall  and five feet long.
Danger: Varies based on intelligence level of their prey
Special Notes: Absorbs Magic

A strange type of Magic Elemental that is encountered on the higher levels of Raut'rch. In appearence it looks considerably like a Naga lacking limbs, totally covered in,scales with no hair anywhere on it's body with a single glaring eye that appears pupiless when untreatened. Despite its humanoid appearence these creatures don't appear to display any spoken languages or intelligence beyond their hunting method. Said method is very odd as they seem to pick a random corridor once every twenty four hours then prowl it looking for Geomamcers and temple raiders who have made it through the first level. Upon seeing them the creature lets out a low menacing hiss before screaming and advances upon the startled prey. As it slithers towards them most of its quarries will notice two things right away: One is trying to get away makes it give chase and attempt to prevent your escape, and two is that a sygil will appear on it's eye,usually blue in color, and and it's wide mouth is silently chanting. If a Geomamcer were to attempt to use their Earth Magic they would find the spell would be blocked by a blue barrier and absorbed by the creature but if one were to use Storm Magic they would harm the creature. It would then turn it's eye blue again but as the caster fired, expecting the same easy solution, suddenly the sygil change it to purple nullifying the spell and attempting it's own counter. The battle would progress like this till three 'levels' had been mastered or the monster had taken it's fill of magic from it's prey.

Now those gun and sword happy people might try to shoot or slice the creature and would find their weapons were useless against its near impenetrable scaled armor. Only magic can damage it. The creature also only plays it's  'color game' with those who have magical energies. Others it will be coiled around and crushed a little before being swallowed whole.
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 2:11 pm

I want to build a home for Felarya's darkest creatures. Anybody want to help?

Name: Dawn's End
Danger Level: Normal
Inhabitants: Vampires, Nemesai, Shadow Elves and a scattering of human sized Ghosts.
Sub Locations:  Arclight Henge, Penumbra Promenade, Castle Misicra, Temple of Deméchrelle, Nemis Cor Catacombs and Shadow Elf Holds

■Basic Description■
On the boarder of the Evernight Forest and the Green Hell a castle town is sprawled amoungst the the shadows. It is a strange affair with many shiny beacons that float in the air preventing most of the forest's lifeforms from entering. On the outermost rung there are few  buildings and mostly small fortifications made of the pitch black wood that surrounds Dawn's End mostly Shadow Elves dwell here as the inner ring is reserved for Nemesai and the Vampires and thus is home to more impressive stone works such as the temple of Nemis Cor and the vast Misicra Keep. It sees very little tourism or trade and mostly sustains it's people due to their odd diets and due to the fact it's tri-structured governmental system has endured for hundreds of years and shows no sign of changing anytime soon.

■Arclight Henge■
This illuminating barrier is a series of floating stones arranged in a manner similar to the anceint Earth ruin known as stone henge but on more massive scale and each is transcribed with thousands of lines of glowing white text that projects  an inner, and an outer ring of purplish light and serves as a barrier against larger Shadowfish and Abyssal Slugs. It doesn't prevent things like Glad Medusas and other predators who use illumination to hunt.

■Shadow Elf Holds■
These are a series of small buildings that maintain a sort of cross between militia and buffet for anything that gets past the first ring. The vuildings here are mostly huts and lean-to shacks besides the impressove gaurd towers. The streets are unpaved and it's the possible that carnivorous plants will sprout up in alleys or rarely traveled nooks. Shadow Elves know they are little more than second cass citizens or tolerated but can do very little as they may outnumber the Vampire and Nemesai but their forces are less well armed and trained in the ways of combat. Similarly the Vampires and Nemasai can't eradicate the Elves or they would offer themselves to predators as the only prey. Hence why the Cheiftan is allowed a seat on the Dawn Council held at Misicra Keep.

■Castle Misicra■
The central most structure situated at the heart of Dawn's End and not by coincidence. This is the seat of Vamparic power in the city home to The Pale Empress and her gaurd who act as the ruling class above Dawn's End. The castle's exterior gleams bone white against the stark blackness of the forest illuminated by large blue white blazers. Inside it is so lavished with anceint tapestries and art work it makes even the most posh home in the Golden Spires look bare. The halls are also lined with hulking suits of armor each filled with a loyal vampire serving eternally as the Empress's personal gaurd bearing  a blood red tabard with the white spear thrust through a black sun on a field of red. At the center there is the throne room which is stark compared to the rest of the castle but three decorative thrones sit around a scale map of The Evernight Forest inlaid into a massive table rumored to be made from Shadowbark. It is here that the Pale Empress, The Nemesis High Preistess as well as The Elf Cheiftan outline discissions for the future of the city.

■Penumbra Promenade■
The central hub of Dawn's End and where most of it's marketplaces and local culture can be found, many unique only to Dawn's End, such as Willow and Whisp, a tavern ran by Ghosts,or serval pubs that cater to Vampires and their Thralls as well as a diner that is said to serve Dreams on it's menu for the Nemesai crowd. The Promenade also offers a nice view of the cluster of castles and temples that are scattered along it and has access to the Catacombs that spiderweb beneath it's stones.

■Nemis Cor Catacombs■
Similar to Negav's evacuation tunnels but on a much larger scale. These were built by the Nemesai and as such the majority of them live here in subterranean sleeping chambers. These worn tunnels extend for miles around but only two levels down for there dwells the old temple dedicated to the fallen goddess Deméchrelle. It is said to be infested with mindless Shadow Elementals and worse horrors besides. Only a true servant of the Nightmare Queen can enter and return alive. It is said a small coven of Nemesai who keep it manta inedible for the day their dark mistress rises again.

Last edited by felarya_refugee on Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 2:31 am

A few random spells:

The Ritual Of Klonknageen
Type: Neutral
Description:
Ancient Spell used by low level Klonk Monks to increase the odds that Lord Klonk will drop something big on a threat.

Casting Instructions:
First raise your hands to the sky and raise your magic aura creating a spiraling motion then, visualizing the SIZE of the object you wish to smite the threat, place both hands on your head and kneel. There is sixty fourth chance that whatever MALEVOLENT threat will be crushed. Because the spell requires Lord Klonk's blessing it has a low mana cost.

Energy Missile
Type: Varied
Drescription
A Mid Level Assault spell spell that is slightly more sophisticated and maleable than a basic 'Fire Ball'. Isolon Fist Grey Cloaks are expected to be able to cast a this spell within their first week of taking the grey. It's able to be modified into natural elements like storm, fire or even terrestrial. It also boasts a more destructive explosion upon impact with a flesh and blood target.

How to Cast
Their are many ways to cast it. The most common is to form the spell in your mind's eye and then close your hand while pulling it back then simply release by opening your fingers as if throwing a ball.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 8:52 am

Replying on the Yon'nahrok

We had a good PM, but figured I'd continue it here give a broader sense of activity to the community.

Well I don't mean resistant strictly to earth counter magic. Are the earth elementals mindless drones, or are they creatures with their own station to guard the temple, maybe a geas like the sphinxes have? A sphinx might not be the only thing in felarya that is cursed with a geas. (is it pronounced "gesh" or "gee-ahs"?)

maybe their magic nature lets them manipulate magic forces more easily and its just harder to hit with magic spells in general, because they can either absorb or deflect them to a various degree. (meaning it can be somewhat effective, but isn't the best method). granted if its a being of pure magic, one would have to imagine that it swords and bows and guns (if had at all, which is unlikely) are utterly ineffective - so making it immune to magic, or even slightly resistant would make these creatures incredibly hard to defeat. It needs a bit more visualization, I think.
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 3:01 am

That's fine! I like the Greas. That would male allot more sense than just wondering monsters. Also you make a good point with the fact that they magical masters and any attacks directed at them would be easy enough for them to deflect. It would make them strong but I think adding in that their pupiless eye is blindable and maybe sensitivity to high frequency  sounds would equate a flash bang could take them down. Add super sensitivity and they gain hyper awareness but they would be severely crippled by a flash light or a boom box. :3 Sound good or does it need more? Also thanks for taking the time to help me!
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 10:10 am

I'm just saying you should value their strengths and weaknesses - you don't want them to be invincible.
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 1:09 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
I'm just saying you should value their strengths and weaknesses - you don't want them to be invincible.

Well I guess not but aren't there certain  creatures that are technically unstoppable? Like a Leviathan Gutlord or a Wondering Nightmare?
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 4:48 am

Some Kelerm stuff this time I think. 

Akesh

Akesh is a name of one the gods of Kelermian worship. She is the god of jewely, inspiration and artistry. She is represented a tall dark skinned woman whose hair is strung with thousands of gemstones and who holds a chisel in one hand and several paint brushes in the other. Her worshipers must carve their own shrine using a chisel ahammer to prove their devotion and as such she is less popular in the main temples.

She is worshiped by painters, sculptors and even writers, especially poets for it is said she adores flattering verses l, especially if they mention herself. It is also said she is a very fickle and judges her worshipers based on their skill level continously and unrealistically expecting constant improvement. If a worshiper were to draw a gorgeous portrait of her she would bless him with fortune but if he were to try just a character of her or a doodle he would earn her wrath and find the only way  appeasing her requires scattering polished gems around her house shrine and making a promise to improve in the future or face dire repercussions. 

Silfurna

The Kelerm goddess of fishing, sailors, lust for treasure and the sea. She I'd one of the three main deities and the only water deity afforded a temple and for good reason. She is as loved as she is feared. She is represented by a beautiful, voluptuous blue woman with a mischeviousness smile clad only in nets strewn with treasure and writhing human captives wrapped around a massive saphire colored mermaid tail. This leads some adventurers from Negav and the East to mistake Silfurna's worshipers as some kind of Anko worshiping kooks! But Silfurna is not the protector of Judong Lake instead  the daughter of the God Sand and the Goddess of Air and as such she is incredibly powerful and is the undisputed master of the sea.

All who sail the Shimmering Sea must make an offering to her or risk becoming her catch caught in her massive nets said to stretch the length of the Shimmering Sea. Ofcourse Silfurna is a michevious goddess who may just wrap your ship in her nets and jaul you in for lunch because she's hungry or bored. She is a man eater but just as easily she is impressed by those who can escape her great nets and get away much the same way a fisherman must tip his hat to the fish that got away. Every native Kelermian Sailor wears a pendent with a cross hatching symbol representative of her vast nets and usually they keep a cabinet with a idol of her inside unlocked during pirate raids, storms and predator attacks.
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 6:00 am

The Three Gods of Geomancery
The People of Kelerm believe in not one but many deities of The Earth. Some say there are three brothers representing the three principle tenants of Geomancery and this is the most common belief generally held. One Representing the Force of the Earth Element and it's sheer seismic power beneath. This is Aterran whose dominion is anywhere stone is found. He is said to have raised Kelerm from the sea floor so his people would have a safe place to revere him, but some say his brother is Dekesh made it with his earth shaping skills of which all are jelous. He is said to have taken his brother's heavy handed battle technique and turn it into a form of art called Shape. There is a third sect who believe that the city was founded by the lesser of the three Kythis. She is the only goddess in the pantheon and as such she was not as talented as her brothers and as such she was always pulling pranks and practical jokes on the two as frustration because of lack of practical god skills but one day she made the stones walls and base of Kelerm abd was proud thinking finally her brothers would respect her but they stole it and claimed it as their own! Thus she curses all who dwell in it and worship 'their accomplishment' using her power of Decay to destroy mightly boulders and tools forged.

Aterran is represented by hard unyielding stone and ores thus his temple is wrought from nearly uncarved stone. Dekesh is represented by forever changing clay and growth and his temple is made of thick blocks that have been artfully shaped inside and out. Kythis is represented by brittle but deadly shalestone abd her temple is underground beneath both her brothers always plotting wicked things to do to them and their followers. Followers of each wear or carry a stone charm with them at all times and some carry a representation of all three believing there is no true singular path in Geomancery. One must raise a mountain to block the enemy advance, one must shape the gift to appease the other side when all accounts have been settled and one must destroy the mountain to open the pass for trade between one's new ally.

Now while this trio is considered the true staple if Kelerm's religion and all other gods are in fact their children there are many who believe they are but three out of a thousand. Some follow a different pantheon entirely with similar and different fables.
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 6:39 am

Expanding on the Three Tennants of Geomancery

Force,Shape and Decay are the base structure of Geomancery. Today we will show you some examples of these casting methods. Please keep in mind that one can master all three but specialization in one will be easier and is not shameful.

Force
Those who learn Force type Geomancery are specialized in more combative casting and many become soldiers and battle mages. To use Force one must first learn to harness their emotions and dump it into the spell in casting. For example one is being charged by a Blue Sphinx who reaches down to grab you. You want to hit her in the chin yes? Then get angry and feaful and direct that anger into the ground willing it to explode up and into her face. This a basic force spell. You made it by using your anger at the injustice of encountering a Blue Sphinx in the Akaptor Desert, where they are not known to be native and then add in your fear at being eaten and not getting to see your spouse and many children ever again. You can add more to it.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 11:29 am

The example is kind of odd, and I'm not sure why you're specifying anger in it. Anger and fear are powerful emotions - but usually they would serve to amplify what you're doing. Such as a man wielding a spear who's angry could be a lot more forceful than without, but that doesn't change HOW he wields the spear. Focusing your anger and fear could be done for whatever school of magic you're using. Get what I mean here? You're not actually telling us anything about the "Force" as a field. How are they different in practice? <-- that's what you want to focus on.

We believe so far that geomancy involves the earth as the subject for the source of the magic. There are many different aspects to the earth, Sand, Rock, Dirt, does lava count, or is that fire? (The Avatar World says "Magma Bending" is an advanced form of fire bending, which can yield similar properties to earth bending, and is almost a combination of the two).

If you want "Force, Shape, and Decay" to be specific structures, then how are those specifically related to geomancy? You may want to try and make it as specific to earth-magic as you can. What makes it part of the earth? Why is this used for geomancy and not aquamancy, or whatever else?
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 9:23 am

Quote :
The example is kind of odd, and I'm not sure why you're specifying anger in it. Anger and fear are powerful emotions - but usually they would serve to amplify what you're doing. Such as a man wielding a spear who's angry could be a lot more forceful than without, but that doesn't change HOW he wields the spear. Focusing your anger and fear could be done for whatever school of magic you're using. Get what I mean here? You're not actually telling us anything about the "Force" as a field. How are they different in practice? <-- that's what you want to focus on. 

We believe so far that geomancy involves the earth as the subject for the source of the magic. There are many different aspects to the earth, Sand, Rock, Dirt, does lava count, or is that fire? (The Avatar World says "Magma Bending" is an advanced form of fire bending, which can yield similar properties to earth bending, and is almost a combination of the two).

If you want "Force, Shape, and Decay" to be specific structures, then how are those specifically related to geomancy? You may want to try and make it as specific to earth-magic as you can. What makes it part of the earth? Why is this used for geomancy and not aquamancy, or whatever else? 

Ah yeah sorry. I meant to come back to that. Well firstly I choose anger because it is demonized by so many groups and powr sets despite being a real world technique for over comming a foe.  Rolling Eyes Star Wars and allot of others have turned allot of people against it though by showing it as evil so I'm going to try and bring it back as just a necessary one at the very least, at the most nothing to be feared. Though you point out some good reasons why it shouldn't be the only factor. Let's see if I can put this in a more detailed prespective.

Each path in Geomancery is represented by one if The Big Three Deities in the Central Religion of Kelerm. Force is the path of Aterran who is a warrior god with little imagination and a stubborn will. Dekesh's path is Shape because he reveres those who use their minds and imginations. Kythis' believers use Decay to destroy the very foundation you stand upon as a representation of her jelously.

Force
Force is the act of violent, but benevolent, power in Geomancery which is used primarily by soldiers who harness their warrior furry to strike down threats with geysers of lava or erect razor sharp rocks to spear invading armies. 

Shape
Shape is a gentler path that requires a clear mind and powerful imagination to master. It is used less for violence than passionate art like molding a boulder into a huge fluted column or turning inorganic clay into a golem sentinel. 

Decay
Decay is the hardest to master but the strongest as it can pit even Tardek Steel if one is good enough or be used to rob a monster of it's bone's strength so that they break under its own weight. Very few can master all three together but it isn't impossible. 

Does that clarify things, Sir Bael?
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 8:39 am

felarya_refugee wrote:
Name:  Yon'nahrok
Size: Eight feet tall  and five feet long.
Danger: Varies based on intelligence level of their prey
Special Notes: Absorbs Magic

This creature has too specific a behaviour and a place to merit that much description, perhaps even consideration as fauna. I think it'd work better as a construct: currently, the construct area of the wiki is pretty much empty.

I find the description of its pattern to be rather complex, unclear, and make the assumption that earth is weak against lightning. I'd recommend that you make it either shorter, or more generic: perhaps, each Yon has a specific elemental challenge which prospective geomancers must figure out?

Also, it's best if you are a bit clearer on what a nonmage should do if faced with one. From what I'm getting, a simple "it's best to just run away" would make things a lot clearer.

felarya_refugee wrote:
I want to build a home for Felarya's darkest creatures. Anybody want to help?

Name: Dawn's End
Danger Level: Normal
Inhabitants: Vampires, Nemesai, Shadow Elves and a scattering of human sized Ghosts.
Sub Locations:  Arclight Henge, Penumbra Promenade, Castle Misicra, Temple of Deméchrelle, Nemis Cor Catacombs and Shadow Elf Holds

■Basic Description■
On the boarder of the Evernight Forest and the Green Hell a castle town is sprawled amoungst the the shadows. It is a strange affair with many shiny beacons that float in the air preventing most of the forest's lifeforms from entering. On the outermost rung there are few  buildings and mostly small fortifications made of the pitch black wood that surrounds Dawn's End mostly Shadow Elves dwell here as the inner ring is reserved for Nemesai and the Vampires and thus is home to more impressive stone works such as the temple of Nemis Cor and the vast Misicra Keep. It sees very little tourism or trade and mostly sustains it's people due to their odd diets and due to the fact it's tri-structured governmental system has endured for hundreds of years and shows no sign of changing anytime soon.

The thing is, the darkest creatures in Felarya already have a home- the Tenebra Maze. Adding another city, even if it's thematically the home of the darkest creatures, is still adding a city. We're obviously iffy on that.

Also, vampires do not hold a large presence in Felarya. If there are many vampires in one place, you have to elaborate on why first, not just throw in nemesis and shadow elves together. What are shadow elves? I think you meant ghost elves, and they are not dwelling in Tenebra, but in the Fairy Kingdom.

Other than that, a fortified town full of light in the middle of Tenebra is not a bad idea.

felarya_refugee wrote:
Some Kelerm stuff this time I think.

Akesh

Akesh is a name of one the gods of Kelermian worship. She is the god of jewely, inspiration and artistry

Don't overdo it with the gems. "Scattering gems around the shrine" should never be what a worshipper should do. You're making it sound like they can afford to scatter gems around the shrine.

felarya_refugee wrote:

Silfurna

The Kelerm goddess of fishing, sailors, lust for treasure and the sea.

Not all mermaids are Anko, you know, first of all. Second, this overemphasizes what she personally does- can't help but imagine there's an actual mermaid out there somewhere being worshipped as her.

felarya_refugee wrote:
The Three Gods of Geomancery

So, geomancy and that religion are inextricably linked in Kelerm? That could work... I suppose. However, can you explain what does decay have to do with geomancy? Most people aren't part of the terrain, and neither is Tedrek Steel.

If this discipline still exists, even though it seems to have little to do with geomancy at large, it raises the question of why is it grouped together with the others, and whether Power and Shape are even related to each other by anything but the religion.
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 2:58 pm

Stabs wrote:
Yons

I would be open to making them Constructs, but I've never heard of that before. What are they? Automations? Golems?

Having each have a unique challenge would be more original it's true and it would add an extra level of danger. Thank you very much!

Well it was implied carrying enchanted weapons is your only bet. I wanted it to be most difficult for non-mages. Sort of "You got no magic? Then run or be eaten". Maybe that's a tensy bit unfair. 

Stabs wrote:

Dawn's End 

I didn't know Tenebra Maze was a city! I thought it was line Latarn Temple, a ruin to challenge travelers. I'll look that over then. So you do like the idea of a town with a light barrier in the Evernight Forest but want me to drop the Ghost Elves, which the Wiki says are actually called Phantom Elves, and thin down the vampires right? I suppose though I wouldn't need a big town then. Hmmm hows about we keep the small castle and scale back the town so that it's the largest building then keep the tunnels and underground tenple? Would that be okay, sir?

Stabs wrote:
Akesh and Silfurna

You have a point with the gems. Maybe a class basis is needed. For example high glass an offering of gems or coins and lower it could be flowers and polished sea stones?  Now speaking on Silfurna, I must say the Anko joke is just because I like her. Though I like the idea of a mermaid who looks just enough like her to pretend to be a sea goddess! Lol can I keep that lore and add it to my article, sir?
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 9:41 am

Name: Murnok
Size: six feet long
Threat: Low as Solitary hunter's and High in packs.
Murnoks are a Subterranean terror mostly living in deep caves underground. Their appearence is of worm with a dull mucus colored green plates growing all over it's top half of it's body that is actually a coral-like subtance. Their bodies are losenge shaped with no mouthes or other features on the top of the creature but on the bottom a curious number pump-like protrusions and ripple 'feet' resembling the lining of a stomach can be found that produces an acid that is can over a matter if hours eat through stone or harder substances and soft ones like flesh in significantly less time. They appear to be very carnivorous and will lay in wait slowly inching along after their prey slowly at a speed that would be phenomenal for a slug girl. So they aren't much if a threat in low numbers but it's not one you need to worry about for while the creatures appear to exist as individuals it actually turns out they have a low level Psionic feild that they use to communicate and coordinate their attacks and even appear to be able to link to non-Murnok minds and influence them. The more they have in their hunting party the more powerful their influence is. A lone Murnok can cause light visual hallucinations but a pack of five or more could not only increase the real feeling of these delusions but channel audio too. Once they've got you confused they usually pile on all at once and release their acid in a concentrated stream feeding as a group acting a giant communal stomach feeding through their porous 'ripple foot'. Even if you regain lucidity the creature's underside is tough and absorbs kenetetic force like a large predator while the outside is like a rocky patch of armor. The only hope you have is to be a Psionic or have teleportation magic. Curiously if cut into segments they will live and start to duplicate a set of two or more Murnoks.

Last edited by felarya_refugee on Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 7:25 am

"Hunter's"= Hunters I do believe. Other that interesting species though I'm going to say moss doesn't have the same properties as corral. I'd use corral patterning but with rock coloring. Also I'd add some kind of eye-like sensor. There is in fact a rock with eyes so why not a rock worm with eyes? I love how they combine to become one inescapable stomach though! Very cool.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Interesting creature. The communal stomach part is fascinating, but I'm curious as to how that works, since a stomach connects to other organs, like the small intestine - which does the actual digesting, making sure the body gets the nutrients. That part is a bit weird.

I would also say a weakness would be to anything that would act as a psionic blocker, which could confuse and disorient them. However, underground is supposed to be incredibly dangerous anyway. Still, as I said, interesting creature. Its a good idea, but you could use some work on grammar. Razz

Just be careful when coming up with ideas, you also need to consider how a creature's abilities would help suit it to its environment, what kind of prey it eats, etc. What does it eat underground that requires a communal stomach like that? Do they have individual stomachs? How big are they?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 1:38 pm

Like Bael says, the communal stomach part is a bit hard to visualize. But I like the idea of having them becoming stronger in group, able to affect senses and so. It's an original way of hunting. Good job Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 1:14 am

Thank you all for your comments! I hope this helps you visualize better. I changed the underside to be porous and fleshy with acid pumps.

Name: Murnok
Size: six feet long
Threat: Low as Solitary hunter's and High in packs.
Murnoks are a Subterranean terror mostly living in deep caves underground. Their appearence is of worm with a dull mucus colored green plates growing all over it's top half of it's body that is actually a coral-like subtance. Their bodies are losenge shaped with no mouthes or other features on the top of the creature but on the bottom a curious number pump-like protrusions and ripple 'feet' resembling the lining of a stomach can be found that produces an acid that is can over a matter if hours eat through stone or harder substances and soft ones like flesh in significantly less time. They appear to be very carnivorous and will lay in wait slowly inching along after their prey slowly at a speed that would be phenomenal for a slug girl. So they aren't much if a threat in low numbers but it's not one you need to worry about for while the creatures appear to exist as individuals it actually turns out they have a low level Psionic feild that they use to communicate and coordinate their attacks and even appear to be able to link to non-Murnok minds and influence them. The more they have in their hunting party the more powerful their influence is. A lone Murnok can cause light visual hallucinations but a pack of five or more could not only increase the real feeling of these delusions but channel audio too. Once they've got you confused they usually pile on all at once and release their acid in a concentrated stream feeding as a group acting a giant communal stomach feeding through their porous 'ripple foot'. Even if you regain lucidity the creature's underside is tough and absorbs kenetetic force like a large predator while the outside is like a rocky patch of armor. The only hope you have is to be a Psionic or have teleportation magic. Curiously if cut into segments they will live and start to duplicate a set of two or more Murnoks. This has lead to.a host of questions regarding Murnok reproductive cycles.
Back to top Go down
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 2:17 pm

Name: Diabara
Size: 20 to Fourth Feet
Danger: Normal (Single) High (Pack)

A scourge of the lower depths of Felarya's underground, especially the Diamond mine shafts in the Ascarlin Mountains. In appearence they resemble giant rats made of unpolished, rough stone with gnashing teeth and huge claws made of hyper sharp diamonds. They use thesearch to tunnel through the rock to feed on the diamond veins. Miners who attempt to chase them off might be surprised to find they don't just eat gemstones and will swallow a human whole if they get the opportunity. Once inside the secret of how they digest those diamonds is clear as carbon. They absorb carbon and turn it into more teeth and claws and even the internal 'skeleton' of their bodies making them quite durable in a fight not to mention once sealed inside you will find getting out rather difficult.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 12:35 am

Well you've made the Murnok make a little more sense as a communal stomach. Very terrifying! The Diabara sound fearsome too and not a bad idea to add a creature to a number of bare wiki entries! Like the Diamond Mines and Earth Elementals at once. ^_- Though you should go through both articles and correct some spelling if you want Karbo and others to take them seriously. Other than that good work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things   Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fel's Font of Knowledge and Things
Page 1 of 1