Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Does a Good Felarya Story Need?

Go down 
+3
Xzinic
jedi-explorer
felarya_refugee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
felarya_refugee
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
felarya_refugee

What Does a Good Felarya Story Need? Empty
PostSubject: What Does a Good Felarya Story Need?   What Does a Good Felarya Story Need? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 10:52 am

What it says on the tin. What do you look for when you crack open a story about Felarya? A thrill ride? Just vore with no real plot until that final twist? A slice life with Negav as the setting? Just tell me what you yourself look for, not the community, you.
Back to top Go down
http://ashely-virgo.deviantart.com/
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: What Does a Good Felarya Story Need?   What Does a Good Felarya Story Need? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Hmm that depends on the author I think. See with French I expect to be taken on a thrill ride, get some personal connection with an old OC and see a really sexy vore scene to boot. With Prinny I except almost all of the same BUT with a thrilling heart stopping suspense like the Jurassic Park books. But some authors I read are just for amusement. Like yumybunnygirl. She writes silly little things about a trio of bumbling Deluran Recruits facing amn artificial giantess who is a little sadistic and silly.

Now all that being said I do have a formula I hope to see for the 'epic' ones:

Loveable but scary pred + Comic Mischief + likeable prey

Now that's just the one that makes me smile and favorite. The one that makes me thrilled and want more? Takea a little more. Really it's tricky to judge sometimes which story will make my heart leap with a joy or make me bawl like a baby and rage yell at the screen demanding a do over. I mean I can enjoy either but I don't KNOW that I will till I do. You get me?
Back to top Go down
Xzinic
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: What Does a Good Felarya Story Need?   What Does a Good Felarya Story Need? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 1:14 pm

A story that utilizes Felaryan vestiges not yet seen in written works. There are many creatures and concepts listed in the Felarya wiki that go either noticed or unused. I especially find such tales fascinating if several such items are used cleverly with each other. An example of such combining the effects of psycheuranium metal with the amplifying properties of ascarlin crystals to produce a nigh-transcending level of awareness.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: What Does a Good Felarya Story Need?   What Does a Good Felarya Story Need? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 9:45 pm

Xzinic wrote:
A story that utilizes Felaryan vestiges not yet seen in written works. There are many creatures and concepts listed in the Felarya wiki that go either noticed or unused. I especially find such tales fascinating if several such items are used cleverly with each other. An example of such combining the effects of psycheuranium metal with the amplifying properties of ascarlin crystals to produce a nigh-transcending level of awareness.

I must admit I do love reading stories that ulitilize lesser known lore or even fan lore as long as it's well written. I love predators but soemtimes the challenge needs to be smaller and less humanized....Unless it's the POV of a Glouteux XD That would be hilarious.
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: What Does a Good Felarya Story Need?   What Does a Good Felarya Story Need? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 3:53 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
Xzinic wrote:

I must admit I do love reading stories that ulitilize lesser known lore or even fan lore as long as it's well written. I love predators but soemtimes the challenge needs to be smaller and less humanized....Unless it's the POV of a Glouteux XD That would be hilarious.

Wouldn't that POV just be something along the lines of "Need food.....................movement...possible food? Chasing after food........wall now infrount of face.....cant escape..."

(I'll do a full reply in a few days. Need to finish up a project)
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: What Does a Good Felarya Story Need?   What Does a Good Felarya Story Need? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 5:06 pm

dragon808tr wrote:

Wouldn't that POV just be something along the lines of "Need food.....................movement...possible food? Chasing after food........wall now infrount of face.....cant escape..."

Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: What Does a Good Felarya Story Need?   What Does a Good Felarya Story Need? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 7:21 pm

Well, a good Felarya story is just that, a good story with Felarya as the setting. It dosen't always need to be vore based! Personally, as long as it is fun to read, I consider it good. Although most of the stories I have read on Felarya have been vore based, even the ones with less vore and more focus on the characters are interesting since you get to build them up and develop them. Although, what I consider that makes a Felarya story a little better is one that really draws you in to it and lets you see the beauty of terror of Felarya, for example, lets look at story 25 by French snack. http://frenchsnack.deviantart.com/art/Story-25-124476509

To me, this is a story I always come back to due to how descriptive and inventive. You get to see the POV of the Nekos, and later on the faries in a common every day event (well, not for the (un)fortunate nekos!) The atmosphere builds in the beginning, wondering just what the faries are doing, even though the reader has a decent idea of whats going on. Although the reveal still holds weight. Then after, there is a good look into how Fairy theology and rituals work, with a satisfying ending.

Another of my favorites is Deadly Innocence by Elportero. http://www.elportero.net/stories/story/deadlyinnocence/

The story actually gives us a lot of development on the humans, making the reader feel more sympathetic when they eventually get eaten at the end. Plus, this story has great vore teasing, something I always like. Although, I particularly like the digestion scenes! For me, that is something I personally enjoy and find lacking in the vore community in general! Wether its a girl or guy belly, a good digestion scene is always something I love in vore! I know its not for everyone, but it just makes it that much more satisfying!

Well, there you have it, my answer to your question of a good Felarya story. I hope it helped!
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: What Does a Good Felarya Story Need?   What Does a Good Felarya Story Need? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 5:57 am

https://youtu.be/dzy2pZ1Yrnc?t=155
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: What Does a Good Felarya Story Need?   What Does a Good Felarya Story Need? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 5:44 am

Back to top Go down
Danason
Tasty morsel
Danason

PostSubject: Re: What Does a Good Felarya Story Need?   What Does a Good Felarya Story Need? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 4:21 pm

Good character interaction and a healthy amount of humour.
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: What Does a Good Felarya Story Need?   What Does a Good Felarya Story Need? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 5:35 pm

I would rather like it if the story or the premise is interesting. Most of the time if it's actually a well-thought out work, or something that is of comedic value.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: What Does a Good Felarya Story Need?   What Does a Good Felarya Story Need? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 6:36 am

Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: What Does a Good Felarya Story Need?   What Does a Good Felarya Story Need? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 4:58 am

Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: What Does a Good Felarya Story Need?   What Does a Good Felarya Story Need? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 3:30 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Does a Good Felarya Story Need?   What Does a Good Felarya Story Need? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Does a Good Felarya Story Need?
Page 1 of 1