Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MilesUpshur
Helpless prey
MilesUpshur

Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.  Empty
PostSubject: Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.    Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 7:38 pm

Heya. I've been a silent fan watching from the sidelines on DeviantArt for a little bit. (At least three months, idk.) At first, I just came for the vore, but after recently finding out about the wiki, I've been fascinated by the world that's been created. For the past week or so, I've been doing little other than just listening to music and studying the characters. (As well as a bit of Overwatch x3)

I have always had an active imagination, creating a fictional character, mostly so that I could project myself onto them and daydream that the world I created was real. I've considered myself an English nerd, and have very much wanted to put my ideas to paper, but they would always change so much. Not to mention intense periods of writers' block any time I try, and my inability to put myself in the shoes of others, making it difficult to create a realistic universe that people could relate to.

With the discovery of this forum, wiki, and fleshed out universe, I might be able to avoid that issue entirely. I've been slowly revising my character to make them fit into the Felaryan world, and hopefully, it goes over well.

With that out of the way, I have a question to ask before I get started. From what I understand, the world seems to function with both technology and magic, yet many still dress like fantasy characters. I'm not exactly sure where the limit of technological advancements is. For example, would tech present in Overwatch be available, such as Cybernetic limbs, self-aware AI, or tools akin to Hardlight technology?

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer claiming no, but haven't seen much of anything proving yes either. If it is not currently utilized in Felarya, would it be okay to have a character from the distant future as a workaround? The main idea of my character is that they are on the cutting edge of technology, so that clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks for checking this out though! See ya around!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-lHJZR3Gqxm24_Vd_AJ5Yw
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.    Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 9:48 pm

First off, Welcome to the Fourms Miles! Its always nice to see a new face around here! Your story sounds pretty similar to mine, since that large wiki is so awesome for stirring up the imagination and getting a comprehensive idea on how the world is run!

Now, as for your question about tech, while Felarya does have "futuristic" tech, similar to Overwatch as you said (no idea about what Hardlight is unfortunately). However, that tech is pretty much only in use by the Vitishmals in Negav. Things like laser guns, robots, and bio-augmentation. Though, such things are pretty much out of reach for any common adventurer or citizen. Some bootleg lasers or something may make their way down to some black market, but only for a high price. (however, keep in mind nothing is totally set in stone here. A good rule of thumb is if it feels out of place, it probably is.) http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vishmitals

Additionally, you may be interested in this fascinating group of tech pirates known as the Telks, who are one of the enemies behind the Magiocrat Lord Gramon. The page can be found here: http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Telks

Actually, even though i've been a huge fan of Felarya since 2014, I still haven't seen every page on the wiki, since there's so much to unpack! Its astounding, really! So many hidden stories and little details make it feel like a real place (even including the vore aspects).

I hope that helps, and we all hope to see you around here with fantastic questions and interesting responses, but most importantly, have fun!
Back to top Go down
Ponyboyace
Helpless prey
Ponyboyace

PostSubject: Re: Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.    Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 2:50 am

Welcome aboard Miles!

Dragon did a pretty good job summing up a lot of your questions, so my responses will be brief.

Technology, attire, civilization and all categories of the like are so widespread do to Felarya being connected to multiple worlds. Some of these connections are constant while other worlds only stay connected for short periods of time. The connected worlds vary greatly in their own technological and even magical advancements, thus the range of diversity on Felarya is quite wide. In the real world, what is largely to blame for this is just how many people have written stories for the world. Every writer's view on the world vary slightly; it is the very nature on Felarya's arguably most common appeal: vore. The mismatch of technology on Felarya directly relates to the diversity of those who have contributed to the world. That's why you had a hard time finding the limit of technological advancement.

This isn't to say that there aren't some ground rules for the world though. Karbo does have a page on here about what he wants/doesn't want in his world. Check it out here:
https://felarya.forumotion.com/t3010-precisions-about-felarya

Beyond that, we hope you enjoy the world and all it has to offer.
Just try not to get eaten.
...unless that's what you want!
Back to top Go down
MilesUpshur
Helpless prey
MilesUpshur

PostSubject: Re: Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.    Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 12:10 pm

Thanks for the replies! I was actually quite nervous for some reason that this may not go over well since I seem to have terrible luck when it comes to first impressions on forums. Dunno why, I guess I'm just paranoid that someone will misinterpret what I say, and It'll degrade into a flame war in some way or anther. It's happened more times than I'd care to admit.

In any case, this should help me keep things consistent, and I'm gonna strive to make a very detailed idea for the character. My dream is for someone to draw the character since I'm a terrible artist. To have it accepted as canon lore would also be great, but not something I'm expecting. Maybe I'm underselling myself though, who knows!

And just one more question, I didn't really think of asking until now. Does Earth exist in this universe? I know that there are interdimensional travel and whatnot, but I hate to assume things.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.    Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 1:02 pm

Don't worry, we are pretty nice here, at least I think so anyway. This fourm is more chill and relaxed, especially these days.

That is a pretty cool goal! Is this character a predator or prey?

As for Earth existing in the Versology of Felarya...well, I think thats more or less up to you. It probably does form connections to Felarya for a very short time if it does. Karbo's entries don't mention it too much (outside of some jokes and such) but it certianly wouldn't be out of place for a human or a small group of humans to find themselves whisked away to Felarya by a portal of some kind.
Back to top Go down
MilesUpshur
Helpless prey
MilesUpshur

PostSubject: Re: Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.    Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 1:20 pm

That's good to note!

The character I'm designing is technically prey, but I wouldn't expect them to get eaten any time soon!

I'll give a brief rundown on what I plan to accomplish with them. My goal for this character is to make them involved with every major predator in Felarya in some way, so it's gonna take quite a while to write all this info down. I'm also a perfectionist, so once I do end up finishing everything, and wording it properly, and making sure nothing is wrong is contradictory, I'll have to reread it over and over. Not setting a deadline, because I tend to procrastinate.

In any case, this'll be a lot of fun. I often like to insert my characters into the universe of a game or such and try to imagine what would happen, but for this, I might get input from the source!

Back to top Go down
Ponyboyace
Helpless prey
Ponyboyace

PostSubject: Re: Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.    Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 5:59 pm

There was a thread a long while back regarding Earth's position in the universe. Read it here:
https://felarya.forumotion.com/t3903-felarya-and-earth?highlight=earth
Back to top Go down
MilesUpshur
Helpless prey
MilesUpshur

PostSubject: Re: Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.    Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 8:43 pm

Well, here it goes. I've been working on this a lot, and it's gone through COUNTLESS revisions (Like, 10.) I've spent FOREVER on it (Like, 5 hours, maybe less.) and I'm still not finished. (I have a lot more information planned.) But, I have enough for people to get a general sense of the character. Next, I'll be working on developing and describing his personality, I just want feedback first.

I had a link for it all good and ready, but since I can't post links, I guess I'll have to put the whole thing here. In a spoiler of course!

Miles MK1:

So that's what I have so far. I would love ANY feedback, but I'm specifically looking for these 3 points if you can answer them:

• Do you think it fits within the universe, and if you know Karbo, do you think he would agree? (I'm hoping it's not TOO far out there...)
  • Is it well written?
  • Do you have any ideas or suggestions for names? (AI, Alien race, Miles' last name, etc.) I can't name for shit.

Anyway, I'm really working hard on this to get it right, and I'm excited to share what I have so far. If you don't have anything to say, I hope you at least enjoyed reading it!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.    Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 9:53 pm

"What limit does Felarya have on tech"? This word has no place here " Limit". Felarya is unlimited possibility and wonder. Never forget that as you travel this deadly and beautiful place, Miles.

Oh and since you didn't post in the regular welcome spot I'm sorely tempted not give you a welcome basket...

Mile's Gift Basket:
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.    Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 9:15 am

Oh Jedi, your gift baskets are always such a fun treat to read! Wink

Now, as for Miles MK1: He seems alright, I can certianly see why you needed to know about tech now. I can certianly tell you that no such character exists in the universe (or in the greater fan-verse, as far as I know). He certianly does fit in mostly, from what i can tell. Though he might get some stares and glances and such from the more ancient areas of Felarya, especially some of the magic rich ones. Faries in particular might find him interesting, and Anna would wonder how he works and Sebuta might think he is some kind of artifact or golem.

As for the writing, its very good. I can tell you put a lot of thought into this. It's much more developed than most other character bios (I am also guilty here, as my technical OC's are either various versions of me, being either me, or a Neera form or a female form blending me with Laura Croft!) Smile But, I don't think you'll have any problems, unless you go for an OP approach, with things like taking down a giant naga with a minigun or magical sword or something. It's not that they are unkillable, but it needs to fit in. Using said weapons to hurt the giant naga is more realistic, as they will generally flee after awhile.

As for what Crisis's reaction would be, it would probably be like: "Hmm, never seen a human like you before." NOM. :3

Also, if Miles was swallowed, would he get digested? Metal would be resistiant, to a degree from the stomach acids. However, Iridan and Menyssian would certianly be able to digest whatever metal was in his body.
Back to top Go down
MilesUpshur
Helpless prey
MilesUpshur

PostSubject: Re: Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.    Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 12:25 pm

dragon808tr wrote:
Oh Jedi, your gift baskets are always such a fun treat to read! Wink

Now, as for Miles MK1: He seems alright, I can certianly see why you needed to know about tech now. I can certianly tell you that no such character exists in the universe (or in the greater fan-verse, as far as I know). He certianly does fit in mostly, from what i can tell. Though he might get some stares and glances and such from the more ancient areas of Felarya, especially some of the magic rich ones. Faries in particular might find him interesting, and Anna would wonder how he works and Sebuta might think he is some kind of artifact or golem.

As for the writing, its very good. I can tell you put a lot of thought into this. It's much more developed than most other character bios (I am also guilty here, as my technical OC's are either various versions of me, being either me, or a Neera form or a female form blending me with Laura Croft!) Smile But, I don't think you'll have any problems, unless you go for an OP approach, with things like taking down a giant naga with a minigun or magical sword or something. It's not that they are unkillable, but it needs to fit in. Using said weapons to hurt the giant naga is more realistic, as they will generally flee after awhile.

As for what Crisis's reaction would be, it would probably be like: "Hmm, never seen a human like you before." NOM. :3

Also, if Miles was swallowed, would he get digested? Metal would be resistiant, to a degree from the stomach acids. However, Iridan and Menyssian would certianly be able to digest whatever metal was in his body.

Cards on the table; Miles is OP. At least, I would like him to be so. Hear me out though.

Yes, if he wanted, he could kill a giant Naga, or fight pretty much anyone and win, but he wouldn't. That's the tradeoff. I think the best thing to compare him to would be Batman. They say that Batman could beat anyone with enough prep time, same goes for Miles. But the thing about Miles (And Batman, to an extent.) is that he would never hurt anyone innocent, or just kill for fun. He would kill only out of necessity, and sometimes unwillingly. But he would also fight adamantly, which would make it easier to befriend him than it would make him your enemy. And often times, even if he should, he wouldn't kill someone, just fight them until they are too weak to be a threat anymore.

But, he wouldn't just be OP like Thanos and snap his fingers and everything dies or killing a naga in one hit. He would win due to his strategic mind, and a large array of tools that he built himself. He would outsmart his opponents, rather than just raw, natural strength. So if he were to fight someone, it wouldn't be boring, it would be an interesting fight.

I hope none of that is a deal breaker. If it is, maybe I should pitch him to Marvel. lol!

And as for digestion? His body and materials are the highest quality, and were imported from all over the universe. He can resist the strongest acids for long periods of time but isn't immune. He could survive a full tour, but if he was thrown right back in, he might start to have some problems. And I'm not so sure these ladies would want to swallow Miles if they knew what they were getting themselves into. He has a lot of other tools at his disposal, and can get pretty creative... Wink
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.    Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 12:52 pm

Well, by that logic, all of us on the forum would be OP if we ever found ourselves in Felarya, since we know how all the characters and creatures act.

But, how you stated makes more since. Fighting off a giant pred until they flee is good enough. What I meant by OP was stupid characters like OC Doughnut Steel who can always win because he is the offspring of Alucard and Elsa and can use shadow powers to kill anyone.

(That is a joke)

As for stomachs, just keep in mind they are very resistant. Crisis, for example could probably stomach explosives and only comment on their spicy flavor, and probably internal belly rubs.
Back to top Go down
MilesUpshur
Helpless prey
MilesUpshur

PostSubject: Re: Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.    Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 1:22 pm

dragon808tr wrote:
Well, by that logic, all of us on the forum would be OP if we ever found ourselves in Felarya, since we know how all the characters and creatures act.

But, how you stated makes more since. Fighting off a giant pred until they flee is good enough. What I meant by OP was stupid characters like OC Doughnut Steel who can always win because he is the offspring of Alucard and Elsa and can use shadow powers to kill anyone.

(That is a joke)

As for stomachs, just keep in mind they are very resistant. Crisis, for example could probably stomach explosives and only comment on their spicy flavor, and probably internal belly rubs.

Fair enough. The hard part would be getting him down anyway... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.    Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 7:29 pm

Welcome, Miles. Please make yourself at home.

As for your character, we also have a character forum here:
https://felarya.forumotion.com/f16-character-discussion

If you wanna know what guidelines Karbo would prefer, you can find 'em here, in the sticky thread:
https://felarya.forumotion.com/t1247-character-idea-guide

I wouldn't worry too much about this Master of the Universe. We've had plenty of people writing about those and yet fun was had by many (they wouldn't have written about them otherwise!). The canon will mostly stay where it is while you get an idea of how you'd like to play with it.
Back to top Go down
MilesUpshur
Helpless prey
MilesUpshur

PostSubject: Re: Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.    Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 8:05 pm

Stabs wrote:
Welcome, Miles. Please make yourself at home.

As for your character, we also have a character forum here:
https://felarya.forumotion.com/f16-character-discussion

If you wanna know what guidelines Karbo would prefer, you can find 'em here, in the sticky thread:
https://felarya.forumotion.com/t1247-character-idea-guide

Thanks! I read up on all the guidelines for characters, but unless it's a super detailed 20-page long essay with do's and don'ts, I'm always gonna have questions! Very Happy
I honestly feel sort of awkward trying to insert my characters into someone else's fictional universe, so I don't want to overstep any boundaries is all!

I'm gonna post the full bio to the character forum once I'm ready, which I won't be for a while. I just made this post to introduce myself and ask some questions. I decided to post some spoilers cuz I wanted feedback badly and would like some unbiased opinions.

Stabs wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much about this Master of the Universe. We've had plenty of people writing about those and yet fun was had by many (they wouldn't have written about them otherwise!). The canon will mostly stay where it is while you get an idea of how you'd like to play with it.

What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.    Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 6:12 am

Honestly Miles, there really aren't too many boundaries to really worry about. Your character fits in pretty well, and it seems that they might even spark some interesting questions about tech. As long as they don't turn into a OP One-Punch man overnight! Laughing

I think he means that there are a lot of godlike fan characters solely created to mess around with the other characters, both fan and canon. Though these are mostly meant as jokes and such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.    Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Formal introduction, as well as universe clarification.
Page 1 of 1