Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!

Go down 
+7
DorianTheBlind
JDude151
Warrior3000
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
servomoore
Malahite
Shafty
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Shafty
Tasty morsel

Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Empty
PostSubject: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 5:33 pm

I was just tossing around some "what ifs" in my head, and was thinking about who the cast would be if for some reason the world of Felarya was translated to the silver screen. It would pretty much be the hottest movie ever. What are some of your thoughts on who would play the major roles? For Crisis, i think i would pick Kristen Bell from the new movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Not only is she a knockout blonde, but i think she could pull off the playful attitude and everything and still be predatory.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 5:35 pm

Almost positive this has been asked before.

A movie without any (current) named characters would likely be best, with unknown actors as well as a non-vore story.

In my opinion, at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 9:44 am

I like the idea of having a Felarya movie and already thought a lot about how to make one.

Being realistic, I wouldn't exactly make it a movie about Felarya, but a movie about a specific character of Felarya. Remember, there are a lot of people out there, who haven't got any idea about Felarya at all. Confronting these people with the world of Felarya, a lot of characters (unlike everything they have seen before) and vore in one single movie would be... well... confusing. And by the way: How are you supposed to get it all into one 2-hour-movie, without making it a complete mess? scratch

Instead I would make it a RVC - Romantic Vore Comedy Laughing

My idea was to simply let travel Crisis into our world, through a dimensional rift somewhere in the Jungle (this is not shown to the audience, but explained later by Crisis, so she can appear as the "mysterious predator"). In one of our jungles she meets (and eats) a group of tourists. Except one boy (indirect representing the typical voreaphile], who manages to talk to her, as she was full already. The booth have a nice conversation, in which she explains about herself and her world; and the first time, the audience is going to realize, she's more than meets the eye (Transformers tune playing).
But as thinks are progressing, the night is breaking in and Crisis has to sleep. In fear of being breakfast, he uses his chance to flee, just to realize, he may have succeeded in physically escaping her, but not mentally, because this day, he has insanely fallen in love with her.
The rest of the movie is about how he desperately tries to go back to the jungle to win her heart before she travels back to her own world (of course!). The funniest thing will probably be the ridiculously stupid attempts to Crisis listen instead of eating them all (he is rich and has managed a group supporting him). A difficult task, as nobody knows deeper details about her habits. Maybe it would be cool to put some rebels in the quotation, too, therefore giving it an ironic touch, like "in the middle of war, one man is trying to convince his love to the woman who likes to eat him"

And that's the name of the movie already:

"My girlfriend wants to eat me! - A love story that’s hungry for love, literally"

Now, will she eat him or will there be love in the end?

(After thinking about it, maybe I will turn this into a fun-fake-script. Just tell me if you like the idea)
Back to top Go down
servomoore
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 10:17 pm

You know what?

After Shawn finishes the first Felarya cartoon (which admittedly is just a few scenes from Crisis and Scarecrow, but still something) and I get some cartoons of my own out there (i.e., like, two to three years in the future. The practice really is starting to pay off) I intend to make a feature length Felarya cartoon. Not a MAJOR motion picture by any means, but something.

And you further know what?

I would much rather make it more like DAZED AND CONFUSED than any sort of epic adventure or romantic comedy. Basically just a movie about an average day in the life of a lot of the characters. Lots of funny little vignettes in one eventful but hardly life changing day. This way you focus more on the personalities and bouncing individuals off each other than having people spout exposition about the plot and forcing in strong emotions and contrived circumstances. Also you could pace it out a bit more, relax, and maybe dig the beatiful scenery if Karbo or someone of equal skills were attached.

Wish I had thought of this before I did CRISIS AND SCARECROW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 8:00 am

servomoore wrote:
I would much rather make it more like DAZED AND CONFUSED than any sort of epic adventure or romantic comedy. Basically just a movie about an average day in the life of a lot of the characters. Lots of funny little vignettes in one eventful but hardly life changing day. This way you focus more on the personalities and bouncing individuals off each other than having people spout exposition about the plot and forcing in strong emotions and contrived circumstances.

I agree.

But I think you are talking about a series of sketches rather than a real two-hour-movie.
In an evening filling movie I would definitely recomend to make somekind of "line" connecting the episodes, rather than making it just dizing and confusing (the movies "Traffic" or "Pulp Fiction" are imho good examples, how to connect episodes).
And, of course, I said I wanted to make "my" movie enjoyable for everyone, not only hardcore cineasts and felarya-fans. Making it non-mainstream could become problematic, as it's kind of the same style, that allowed the outrage last week to happen. It was not your fault, as I have realized by now, but rather a restriction in the system between emotions and communication, that was overlooked. But we better let the conversation cool down for a while.

Nevertheless, I strongly advice you to change into a lower gear in terms of "shocking value".
Back to top Go down
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Xeno-the-Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:13 am

I think Felarya would be more successful as an anime than it would be as a movie. Assuming that we're focusing on existing characters, I think the cast would be something like:

Crisis - Stephanie Sheh
Anna - Michelle Ruff
Lea - Tara Strong
Vivian - Caren Manuel
Rin - Lara Jill Miller
Melany - Megan Hollingshead
Katrika - Kate Higgins
Drayla - Wendee Lee
Anko - Jessica Strauss
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 12:25 pm

That movie would probably be rated V for vore. But Id defianantly watch it....7 times...
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
JDude151
Tasty morsel
JDude151

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 7:58 pm

servomoore wrote:
I would much rather make it more like DAZED AND CONFUSED than any sort of epic adventure or romantic comedy. Basically just a movie about an average day in the life of a lot of the characters. Lots of funny little vignettes in one eventful but hardly life changing day. This way you focus more on the personalities and bouncing individuals off each other than having people spout exposition about the plot and forcing in strong emotions and contrived circumstances. Also you could pace it out a bit more, relax, and maybe dig the beatiful scenery if Karbo or someone of equal skills were attached.

So...Felarya Daioh, then? ^_-
Back to top Go down
DorianTheBlind
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
DorianTheBlind

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 4:55 am

has anyone considered having it as an Animated movie?
Back to top Go down
http://drac116.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 6:11 am

A live action Felarya movie would be one of the most expensive films ever made, and it's not because of the various elaborate sets, trained animals and special effects that it would require - it's because getting an actress to have even one nude scene is quite pricy. Getting ten to be topless for the entire movie is just beyonds words.

In that regard, yeah, I think an animated movie would be easier, cheaper and would probably be more likely to remain true to the original material.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:59 pm

This is how I see it:

The beginning focuses on Anna and her fellow Delurans, with Anna narrating the events, telling about her "formal life" Eventually we get to the events of Naga Feeding Habits, where we meet Crisis as a predator. This would be the horror part, making Crisis seem like a monster to the audience.
At his point, Anna says something like "And that's when it all changed", signalling the Felarya title to appear, and we see the world from many different perspectives, maybe even see a glimpse of vore. Eventually the camera pans and we see the Giant Tree. Anna, as a naga now, is sleeping, but she is still narrating. Crisis wakes her up, and as the two talk, she introduces us to Crisis as their relationship is now.
The first quarter might focus on Anna, and the overall movie might touch upon things like the human's place in Felarya, the many different races and peoples, and how Anna eventually comes to terms with her situation and accepts Crisis as a friend. There would also be heavy doses of humor, cute naga vore, and there might even be a moral lesson in there somewhere.

And it would all have to be CGI, and at least similar to Karbo's art style. Actors would not do it justice.
Back to top Go down
Delicious Kevin
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Delicious Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 1:14 pm

Yes the movie would have to be CGI, but also supervised by the Felarya creators, like Karbo, they'd have to have a say in it so the director doesn't fuck it up, like a lot of movies that were bassed off of videogames have been.
Back to top Go down
http://www.groundzeroairsoftusa.com
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 1:20 pm

Karbo and his legions of fans would make sure that no corporate shenanegans happen.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:19 pm

I'd never see it. It's impossible to make a movie about Felarya without toning down at least one aspect, which would downright suck. I'd prefer it as an animated movie on the Internet, at least there's a lesser chance to fuck up there.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Delicious Kevin
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Delicious Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:22 pm

I agree, the net isn't as annoying as hollywood with censors and crap. Plus if it was net bassed and animated by people here, it'd be cheaper, and we could have all the nudity and vore we want.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:35 pm

Karbo has never skimped on any of his art before, and if anything, the movie would be in production for over 9000 years in order to achieve the level of greatness we'd expect. And by that time people will be more open to such concepts as vore. It'll all work out in the end.

I fully support an online series.
Back to top Go down
Delicious Kevin
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Delicious Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:39 pm

I fully support the actual creation of a real Felarya, but that isn't happening, and it looks like the odds of this online series happening anytime soon are slim too. Which sucks cause youtube is really running out of good material.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:47 pm

Delicious Kevin wrote:
I fully support the actual creation of a real Felarya, but that isn't happening, and it looks like the odds of this online series happening anytime soon are slim too. Which sucks cause youtube is really running out of good material.
Who said it had to be on YouTube. Anyway, I don't think any sort of animated series would work, as Felarya's foundation is as fickle as its dimension.
Back to top Go down
Delicious Kevin
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Delicious Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:57 pm

I don't think fickle is a proper choice of words. Felarya's foundation to me seems to be survival. I think Felarya teaches us all that some times survival may be difficult, or impossible, when for others it may be abundant and clear. I think the stories behind each character are also well solidified and have meaning as well. If enough of us wanted we could easily brainstom a storyline for the series some plot twists, and the like.

The thing that make good tv series are:
Good acting (Or in our case voice acting)
Personable Characters (Characters with backgrounds or lifestyles you can relate too)
Cliffhangers (So that the audience will want to watch the next episode)
The occasional plot twist (Not too many or it turns into a rediculous rollercoaster)

You see, Felarya has the nessicary things that is required of it. Every one can relate to one character's story or another. Cliff hangers are easy to make, just leave one prevalent question unanswered and promise the answer in the next installment. Voice acting is good as long as the people have a passion for their characters, which isn't hard to find among us hardcore fans. Plot twists are easy too, just take one thing and turn it inside out.

All we need is an animator and some voice actors, then we're set. I'm sure a bunch of us could designate scriptwriters to come up with something piece by piece.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 3:08 pm

*facepalm* By fickle foundation, I meant that it would be very difficult to show a massive plot of land in a self-space, that's hellbent on killing you. I mean, personifying the characters on the screen and having them act in full motion for, I dunno, a boatload of characters, it's completely impossible without taking like you said, over 9000 years. Just take Star Wars for exemple, we only got 6 movies, but it shows only a fraction of the whole universe it's now. In fact, it's like making a Legend of Zelda movie. It's too easy too fuck up, and fans will literally nail you to the cross if you fuck up.
Back to top Go down
Delicious Kevin
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Delicious Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 4:16 pm

Well yeah there is a shit load of stuff involved in Felarya, but true fans would know that it is impossible to be perfect. And what, we have movies? Since when, link me!
Back to top Go down
servomoore
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:02 pm

Meh, it won't be that long. Maybe (Since now I'm not relying on any undermotivated freelance animators) I could do one maybe two decent episodes before 2009.

Right now I'm a bit busy with other projects, but with July and August wide open, oh, the possibilities.

I'd understand if you don't feel like believing me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!   Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya... Now a Major Motion Picture!
Page 1 of 1