Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In the grove of carnivorous plants

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nightgolem
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
nightgolem

In the grove of carnivorous plants Empty
PostSubject: In the grove of carnivorous plants   In the grove of carnivorous plants Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:56 am

(( this is just an rpg me and someone else decided to do over pm. If I get any details wrong about the grove of carnivorous plants though or something else then tell me. If you wanna join then well I guess I could make a roster for it, I don't see why not.. until then its just two people. ))

Bryos body was completely within his large rose bottom half, green eyes covered by the green foliage wrapped over them. He could pull it off, he knew he could and he was starting to figure out how his plant body worked. The larger you grow and longer you are somewhere the harder to move. One day like the old dryads would it be so hard for him to move his roots? But.. the foliage covered those things for rest, but they where always on when he was inside his large thick rose half because he didn't know how to control it. He knew it was due to his age and inexperience. Here as strange as he felt and as strange as the other plants where.. it felt like a home for some sort.

His hands pressed against the rough and moist inner surfaces of the large rose before bringing back out his upper half. The foliage was back inside and his arms and eyes no longer covered. How long would that last though? Who knows.. When he got older he would get better. This area was nice though, wasn't it? He loved the moist warm air. He liked the soil. It wasn't a big deal that his roots stopped him from moving around much. For the most part here it was plants after prey, not the other way around. He didn't have to worry about fire ether, well he didn't think anyway but it wasn't something he would completely cross off his list of worries. The moisture, could it really stop any fire from starting?

Oh well. He started to look around the forest floor with his green eyes, his three fingers moving to press against three other fingers. As both hands palms pressed against each other the blades pressed against each other as well like a pair of large bulging unusable fourth finger only useful for cutting things. What would happen today? Would he watch around for things, talk to a dryad? Maybe he could think of something more to do if he wasn't so weary of the forests floors. It had so many traps that.. well what was the point in walking or running around when it risks getting in to trouble or annoying someone because he set off their trap but wasn't a prey?

"Another day."
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/lostdemise/
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: In the grove of carnivorous plants   In the grove of carnivorous plants Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 4:49 am

Narame didn't know how long she already walked inside of this really weird grove but for her it seemed like several days. The twilight beneath the giant leaves of the biggest trees made it hard to tell if it was either day or night. And it also made it harder for the girl to spot enemies. Thanks to her ability to hide quite well she managed to take cover just in time, when a predator crossed her way but it seemed like there were only a few wandering around here. The girl suspected, that this is just because of the missing creatures which would be useful as their prey, but she didn't know why. Of course, there were some really weird plants which try to attack you if you come too close to them, but if you're able to avoid them, these plants would be much less dangerous than the preds outside of this grove.
'At least, carnivorous plants can't walk and hunt you...', thats what she thought. Narame would have never guessed, that she would regret this mistake of her linear thinking very soon.

The girl found her way between several plants and Trees, that were neary as big as Houses, while others were as small as in her usual world.Suddenly she heard a noise. Someone was coming. Or to be more precise: Something, because she doubted to find any human being our here. She already knew what he had to do. Take cover immediately but avoid plants with big gaping openings that looked like mouths or plants which had tentacles or something which would allow them to capture her. The girl found out that even if no plant looked like another, there were some characteristics that defined some plants as carnivorous while others were not. However, it was still about 99% luck that she didn't end as some predators food until now. The alternative to hiding would be running away very far in a very short time and hope that the carnivorous plants were more interested in the big predaor chasing her.

This time she was lucky since she found a really weird looking leave which had a quite eye-catching purle colour. Hiding beneath the obvious often turns out as a good idea so the girl didn't hesitate to crawl under said leave. Some guardian angel must have helped her since the plant didn't swallow her and she made it just in time, only a few seconds later a giant dridder crossed her way. Narame wasn't sure if it has spotted her and just wasn't interested or if she was able to get away unseen but that thing walked past this plant which looked similar to a almost 20 metres giant rose, but kept some kind of safety distance to it.

Narame became a little nervous and just when the dridder was out of sight she crawled out of her hiding place immediately. There was a really bad feeling that didn't leave her so she walked a few steps back and looked up to see what she was hiding under.
Back to top Go down
http://xxamaroqxx.deviantart.com
nightgolem
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
nightgolem

PostSubject: Re: In the grove of carnivorous plants   In the grove of carnivorous plants Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 1:14 pm

Bryos green eyes moved curiously at the new movement he had spotted near him. A human got this deep in to here? Not eaten? Well that was ether luck or a very resourceful person. Maybe they had some sort of powerful magic? Well whatever the case it had caught his attention. His hands parted each other, moving to his sides. She had run under the leaf of a flower that stuck out. He didn't want to try to get up yet or anything of the sort. He had a better idea. The plant boy did something many other plants had done, only now he was giving it a try. His roots started to move a little. One started to slowly pull itself out of the soil. He wanted to see if he could do it, catch her with his roots. He wanted to grab her up but.. he was still not quite that experienced in using them. Would it get her? Darkened by the soil still left on it, the thick long root started over to Narame now that it was free from under the soil.
Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: In the grove of carnivorous plants   In the grove of carnivorous plants Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:04 pm

Narame still had a bad feelung, but at least her suspicion, that plant she was hiding under, could be some kind of predator, didn't come true. She looked up and was able to see that this Thing didn't react to her presence at all. However, something was completely wrong here, her instincts almost begged her to run as fast as possible. She knew this was a bad sign but it would be fatal to lose control in a area like this. Suddenly the girl felt something brushing at her leg, almost fondling it. She looked down but she only saw a root that touched her. Then she saw that said root was moving. It seemed like it tried to wrap itself around the girls leg but she managed to jump awas just in time. The girl turned back and tried to find out what happened, then she saw it. A giant ... thing ... She couldn't describe it as Flora or Fauna since it seemed to be half human and half plant. It looked like it was moving right towards her but she didn't recognize this creature as a thread. Normal predators would have captured her within the blink of an eye and she would have already been inside of a stomach or something like that- Instead this creature seemed to move itself nearly carefully, as if it just tried out something.
"What is this?", she asked and observed this Creature in front of her carefully. It looked like it noticing her. No, like it was watching her. But what was it planning to do? Did it tried to grap her just now? No, that movement didn't seem precise and fast enought. Or to show its own presence to her? However, she knew she would find out sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
nightgolem
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
nightgolem

PostSubject: Re: In the grove of carnivorous plants   In the grove of carnivorous plants Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 1:43 am

"What is this?"
Bryo repeated with a slightly annoyed tone in his voice. He had been watching her and he had herd the words she had uttered. His ears moved back a little to show his annoyance.
"Are you blind? I'm a plant! If you prick me there will be no blood, there will be plant fluid and deadly poison. Of course unless you ingest it at the most it will do is give you some rashes.. But ether way it should be pretty obvious I'm a plant. You aren't from around here are you?"
Well maybe that was rude but that had slightly offended him. Really, he bet if he went in to her face and said that about her she would feel a little surprised and offended he didn't realize she was human. But really, why was he thinking this anyway. But he looked very similar to a type of dryad of some sort if you didn't count the gender difference. If dryads had poisonous roses in their category then he was very sure they would look similar to him, only older and taller.. because he was still quite young for a plant and had a lot of growing to do. "My names Bryo Kakos, a poisonous rose boy would be the easiest way to describe me. What looks like bone like.. my horn is actually just a very strong plant fiber that feels and acts like bone but at the same time... if it broke it could come grow all on its own."
He then paused for a moment. How bored was he? Did he want to eat her or have a conversation with her? Well in any case.. "I am very young compared to a lot of dryads though... But we all start out young, I think... There could be a race that starts out old and gets younger and younger until they die. Everything seems possible here.. "
He paused for another moment, did he want to talk, or eat? Talk, or eat..? Well in any case his root started to go back to its place back where it had been before. Well, he had to decide something. "Well to be honest I had my root out to try to catch you so I could eat you but now I don't know what to do.. though I will give you some advice. The faster you move around here the more likely something will try to eat you. the quicker the movements, the more likely you'll have a lot of plants watching you or the more likely you may hit a trap to make you dinner. So wanna come closer and try to have a conversation or should I just.. squeeze from my roots and such for a bit and see if I can catch and eat you? You pick. Come on, lets have fun. Whatever you pick in the end I'll be having a blast." With that said he gave a toothy smile to the human girl, his paranah like teeth showing a bit. "So.. whats your name?"
Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: In the grove of carnivorous plants   In the grove of carnivorous plants Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 5:46 am

Whatever Narame had expected, it didn't come near to the weird reaction, this thing gave her to her question. It almost looked like this Creature was angered from her words since it asked her a question with such an obvious answer. Of course she wasn't blind, but she was quite sure most human beings like her would react like she did when they'd seen such a big rose boy, as he called himself, right in front of her, trying to grab their legs or something.
"I'm not blind, It's just that I've never seen such a plant like you before. You're different from the ones I've ever seen in my life and I've seen LOTS of uncommon plants in the last few days I entered this... Uhm, I don't even know where I am... World? Dimension? Something went terribly wrong and since then I've been wandering through this jungle.", she answered, trying to keep her voice quiet so the rose boy could understand her but he wouldn't be provoked and, much more important, she wouldn't lure other Predators into her direction.
The rose boy named himself Bryo Kakos and explained his own body to her, which she found quite polite. But she was not so happy when he told her he just wanted to eat her a few seconds ago.
"You wanted WHAT???", she asked in horror. Narame was sure this hasn't been a joke and she knew MANY things she would like better than being swallowed by a carnivorous Plant. But she was still alive and what this creature told her, made sense.
He said he was quite young, which means, he was unexperienced, maybe playful. He talked to her instead of just grapping the girl so she might be safe for now.
He told her not to run so fast in this area which made sense because there might be many creatures out there who react to movement. So he was also giving her advices that improved Narames Impression of him being a nice guy.
But he also gave her the Choice, if she wants to come nearer and talk to him or tu run away. If she did run away, he would try to eat her. Of course this was the last thing she wanted and since she had such a poor stamina, running away wouldn't be that clever. Also, there was his advice: If she could escape him, others may chase her. So the only option would be to approach bryo and hope, that he meant everything he said.
"So you don't want to eat me anymore?"
However, there still WAS the possibility that everything was a trick, that this rose boy just tried to gain her trust to make some hunt easier or more playful for him. But for now Narame didn't thought about that possibility. She hoped that Plant wouldn't eat her. She really hoped she didn't do a wrong decision.

Hesitatingly she made a few slight steps towards bryo.
"My Name is Narame. I'm a human. So what do you want to talk about?"
Back to top Go down
nightgolem
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
nightgolem

PostSubject: Re: In the grove of carnivorous plants   In the grove of carnivorous plants Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 6:15 pm

Bryos ears moved back to their placing. "Its not a jungle its the grove of carnivorous plants. You're in Felarya." Well, he wasn't that different but he could let that slip. Obviously she wasn't use to this world. If she thought he was the strangest plant she had ever seen she hadn't seen all the plant life here. There where things a lot more strange then himself and the dryads. "You haven't been here very long. Things like me aren't that strange. You should wonder around more, but of course without being in a human settlement your chances of getting eaten while walking around are pretty high.." He tilted his head a bit, green eyes still looking at her. What was he up to? Well he started tilting his entire body one way then started moving his hips a bit. He had something planned in that head of his.

"Ya I wanted to eat you before, really is that much of a surprise? Grove of carnivorous plants. Your in the heart of the grove. Though I will admit I don't need to eat people, the soil here is godly, the heat and moisture is perfect. This is plant paradise right around here. Thats one of a few reasons why I wont try to eat you anymore if you stay and talk a bit. And to prove it.." He moved around a bit more, pressing his palms down until his flower bottom half released his legs. With them released he started to slide that half out of the flower, his legs wet from plant fluid and poisons produced inside. "The large flower and roots.. that half of me is what makes digestion possible for me. Without being connected to my roots I can barely even take in water, let alone human. Roots are very important to any plant. So.."

He moved his legs over and propped them outside his little rose ring, small feet reaching down. Gently he started to lower himself to sitting on the roots and out of his rose and roots half. "No I don't want to eat you anymore, otherwise I wouldn't take the trouble of doing this smarty pants." Of course he didn't say he was still slightly interested in eating her. Nor did he say how simple it would be to swallow her when she was near then just slink back to where he had been before.. Even if it may take awhile to do it feeling her struggling around in his stomach and trying to get out or trying to crawl out was definitely a welcome experience. At the moment though he wasn't so interested in eating her though as he was in talking. He was genuinely more interested in talking then eating her.. at the moment.

"I use to be human, its not like I can't tell your human. You're just not from the world I was from before coming here. Humans can be a lot more cruel then any predator like me. We eat and kill, some play with food they have trapped and give false hopes but humans do far far far worse. How do you think I change in to a flora, the kindness of this world? No no no no I was a plant before coming here... but thats not what I wanted to talk about." He finally set his feet on the roots, then started going down to sit. "There we go, all comfy now." So he sat on his own roots, legs crossed and hands in his lap, blades at the ends included. "I want to hear about the world you came from and try to have some conversation, what kind of place was it? Your world."
Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: In the grove of carnivorous plants   In the grove of carnivorous plants Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:38 pm

It seemed like Narame has gotten into bigger trouble than she expected. Grove of carnivorous plants? Ok, that wasn't that much of a suprise, but she already was in the center of it? Sounded quite unpleasant to her. At least she was lucky enough to meet this rose boy, who seemed to be a friendly and harmless guy. He even promised her not to eat her and as proof he removed himself from his roots. Bryo told her that he wasn't able to digest something anymore as long as he was outside of his flower-half. This was the moment he managed to convince the girl to trust him. Her fear, the nervousity and the will to talk to someone, to feel save for only a few moments made her completely forget about the possibility that he was just lying to her or at least not telling all the details.

Narame made a few more steps towards the rose-boy and her fear disappeared slowly. Maybe she was able to make him help her to find a way ouf of this grove. Maybe he would even escort her or protect her, if she becomes his friend, but the girl had less hopes in that since the plant needs to stay near its own roots. But still, Narame was sure he would be a great help if they talked. Advices could do the difference between life and death, between getting back to her own world or right into some predators stomach.

"My worls is quite similar to this one, but there are still tons of differences. First, everything's WAY smaller in my world. Humans are the dominating species at the top of the food chain, not at the bottom like it seems to be here. We're quite adapted to our enviroment by using our hands to create lots of things like clothes, as you can see on my body, as well as Houses, vehicles to transport heavy things or even to fly. And yeah, there sure are very bad People around us human but not all of us are that cruel. Most people just want to live their live, get a little love from other persons, found a family and die at a hign age... You're right, there are other ones who seek for power, who enjoy seeing other human suffer, but please don't think of me belonging to that category of human. ... Uhm it's quite difficuilt to explain my whole Species, not to mention my whole Dimension so I think it would be much easier to me, if you asked me a specific question so I can simply answer it.", Narame said with an unsure smile on her face. She wasn't that good in explaining things and she sure didn't want to stay here for ages. Also she still had some kind of nervousity which didn't let go of her but she wasn't able to point her finger at it.
Back to top Go down
nightgolem
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
nightgolem

PostSubject: Re: In the grove of carnivorous plants   In the grove of carnivorous plants Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 5:12 pm

"Its not really a species question, like I said before I use to be human. I want to know what kind of world yours was. Not universe, i never said universe.. Just your world.. I know that no matter where humans are most are evil already. The fact that you deny it suggests you don't know your own breed well at all. Humans in my world didn't have to hide their evils. The sooner you accept the evils your own kind will inflict upon you the sooner your innocence will end." Bryo said, his green eyes watching Narame as she started coming closer. He kept sitting, not making any motions or signs that he may be getting up from where he was sitting anytime soon. Strange wasn't it? Well everyone was unique in some way or another.

He sighed, moving his hands in to his lap. "Its obvious you aren't bad, in fact I think you're rather innocent. If you manage to get out of here alive and make it to a human colony in one piece maybe one day you'll live long enough to see how much worse a human can be to its own kind then a predator like me is to potential meals." Instincts for humans was top act on fear and curiosity. Those where the basic instincts of humans. He doubted many honestly cared about peace after they grew up. Love? Care? HA! Slavery, drugs, experiments on their own kind, killing their own kind just for the hell of it, destroying their planet, animals on it, homophobia, racism, most humans where an ugly bunch that didn't know how to stop hating and fearing. "Tell me, when you see something that has claws is your first reaction to ether scream or attack? Even if I think your innocent you still have the same instincts as any other human. Ones that can harm or kill innocent creatures all for the sake that it looks frightening. That is one of the many reasons I'm happy to no longer be human."

Well it had pros and cons. Most or all of the cons where more or less teenage things though and he knew after another year or two at least a few of those cons would vanish off. "Well enough about that. Theres no point in talking about people who aren't here, its petty and girly." Girly? Well it made him feel like he sounded like some sort of gossiper, though his voice was far too soft and gentle to really actually sound like a gossiper and wasn't really quiet.. But it was his personal opinion it didn't have to be right. "So then your world has healthy soil and lots of plants then? But not as goos as Felaryas because its soil is what makes a lot of plants really really big. So you guys have planes and cars? Your world have internet, cell phones, movies.. Have you colonized on other planets near your own? Created new kinds of flora and fauna through a mixture biological engineering and cloning? Have the ability to change one kind of creature in to something completely different? Do you use alchemy in your world? Have you created heat and cold resistant materials in your world? Have you found a way to resurrect dead creatures and ancient fossils there yet? How did humans get to be the big fish in your world?"

He was curious then again he was still rather young. This world was like an adventure to him. It was fairly interesting and it was wonderful. He wanted to hear about any differences or similarities their worlds had. He had been from a very strange and unique world that had been fairly advanced, probably too advanced for their own good. Something like that was bound to fall but if it would or not he really doubted that he would ever see what would happen. But for now his attentions and thoughts where on the human girl near him, and the only one he really thought was in there at the moment really.. or at least in this area of the grove.
Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: In the grove of carnivorous plants   In the grove of carnivorous plants Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:13 am

What the heck? This guy actually WAS a human?, Narame thought by herself and was quite suprised. She misunderstood him, thought he said "I'm used to human" which would have meant that he knows her race but THIS was definately unexpected.
Then she dropped most of her fear instantly: IF this rose boy really once WAS a human, then she was sure he wouldn't eat her. Humans are no cannibales. They would never eat someone from their own species. Almost no animals do such things. Well, there are some of them, like certain female Spiders which kill and eat their own lovers after the way smaller male had 'fulfilled' his purpose. And other creatures even eat theri own childs. But they do it because of their instincts, because they don't see them as on of their own race anymore. The're just food. But human are different, aren't they?
On the other hand, bryo already admitted that he was going to eat her before they talked. And he seems to hate human somehow. That actually increases the possibility that this creature didn't care about what race she was.
But still... He doesn't treat her as food. But as a human being you can talk to. But only after trying to eat her. Narame realized that these thoughts were useless at this time. For now she couln't really tell if this one was friend or foe. All she could do was not to run away since he already told her that this could easily be her death. So she had to stay here, gain his thrust, but barely stay out of his range so he couldn't just grab her and throw her into his Mouth. It was small, compared to his enormous size but it was obvious tht she would fit inside with no problems.

Bryo told her, how bad the humans - at least the ones he knew - were, then he told her how he looked at her. As a innocent girl. Which means he didn't hate her. Then he asked her about her reaction if she would see something dangerous.

"Uhm, I'd say I'd try to get away from it and look at it from a safe distance until i know if it is a thread to me or if it's harmless. So I'd neither scream nor attack in the first place. Let's take a tiger for example, a quite rare animal from my world. It's big and can be very dangerous, even for us human. But as long as I leave it alone it wouldn't attack me, so why would I attack it or make it angry by screaming? Of course I'm kinda frigtened when I see something new since I don't know how it would react but getting away in silence is my way to avoid Danger. I'm neither faster than most predators of my world nor do I posess enough strength to fight them with bare hands so hiding is my most effective way of surviving."
Damn, shouldn't have said that, now he knows about my weaknesses. I'm giving up too much attention...
"However, I'm not one of those people you mentioned who kill just for the pleasure or because somethings new."

Then he wanted her to tell him about her own world and so she did.

"Yeah, the Place I come from is a village inside of an giant forest. It's called Konohagakure, which literally means 'Village hidden underneath the leafes' so you may imagion that there's lots of green there. The soil is ok, I think, but the plants are definately not as big as here. The biggest trees grow a little higher than you I'd say but thats it.
As for planes and cars, I'm afraid I don't know these. What are those? In my world there are only Horse-waggons, trains, ships and I even heard of something that was called zeppelin but I#ve never seen one of those. It's said to be some kind of giant balloon with propellers which flies through the air. Sounds weird, doesn't it?", Narame almost hat to laugh, because in her imagination propellers belong to ships. A ship attached to a balloon really would look stupid.
"I don't know internet, but we have mobile phones and movies - even Cinemas. Colonizing other planets and creating new species sounds odd. Where no gods, how should we do stuff like this? Is it even possible to get to other planets? How should you do that???
Yeah, we know how to make resistant materials which withstand heat, cold and even weapons like Swords or Knifes. And it's said that once a evil man was able to resurrect dead people to use them for his own purposes. But this technique is forbidden so I don't know much about it. It's a Jutsu called Edo Tensei. Jutsu are... best described as magical skills, if you want to say it in that words. These Jutsu help us in our dayly life but they also bring the possibility of death and great suffer by those who use them for evil actions..."

Narame was silent for a moment. She didn't want to lead the theme of their talk again towards evil human. Then she wanted to know more about him. Maybe she could find out his view at humanity.

"Well how about you? Where did you come from and why aren't you a human any longer?"
Back to top Go down
nightgolem
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
nightgolem

PostSubject: Re: In the grove of carnivorous plants   In the grove of carnivorous plants Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:09 pm

"It sounds like your world doesn't have that much technology. It should be kept that way. Technological improvements aren't always good. In english our worlds name would have been 'without sun'. It was said before our planets sun died we had grown so advanced in our technology that its purpose had been rendered useless anyway. We have populated five different other planets in our world. Our world is covered completely over by a layer of metal and glass, our soils have chemicals and metals in it. To be able to grow anything would be rare and expensive. Our food was created from technology, and plants that didn't need soil was created. We don't have forests, our buildings are all made of metals. Our government creates artificial sunlight for us. Theres so little oxygen in the air there are few humans among the other species. Usually we get sick and die, or have chunks of our flesh rot off and get changed in to cyborgs. A cyborg is a robot person that use to be human and usually still has the organic brain to some extent. Our worlds are very different it seems because on ours we played god on a daily basis." Bryo seemed to have a neutral look on his face when he spoke of his world. He wasn't sure what he thought of it honestly. After what happened though he at least knew that this was where he wanted to be. He didn't want to go back to his own world. Nothing was left for him there. He would never belong there again, even among the non humans. "It sounds like yours was pleasant.. Not much technology but pleasant. You better hope they never let it grow too much." He had seen his own world after all. He knew what too much was. He knew there had to be limits. People had to limit themselves a bit. Humans needed to slow down if they hadn't grown that advanced yet. That much was just extreme. "Alchemy.. do you know what that is? Its a science but can look like magic. You can change lead in to gold, raw ore in to pure metal, make a fabric that can withstand the great colds or heats.. And create life from. I suppose its just another playing god type thing from my world." He gave a smile with that but it looked a bit more bitter then anything else.

"Do you miss your world Narame? The trees, people, safety and comfort? Would you still miss it if all you knew turned against you simply because it could?" Bryo asked, a twisted sounding question, or maybe just very dark. Did he dislike or like what he had herd of her world? His expression faded from his face, his three fingers rubbing against his roots a little bit. "It sounds like it was at least pleasant. I would like to see it one day, maybe." Well that answered that then didn't it? But he really hadn't made his mind up on much yet. He was mainly just thinking on the information she gave. "What does a tiger look like?" He had herd what she said about predators then. He had been paying very sharp attention just as it seemed. Every tiny word was reserved in to his memory. At least it seemed like he didn't use the new information to his advantage. If he wanted to he could have just gotten up, reached over and swallowed her up. He didn't though. It wasn't what he currently wanted to do really. She hadn't done anything to deserve being tossed in to his mouth. The grove had everything he needed so at least he knew he could go without eating people. It wasn't like he needed them in his diet.He didn't. They did help him grow faster though. Well in any case these thoughts where off topic! Bad thoughts! bad!

Hes expression grew dark though and with a dark smile on his face. It barely looked like a smile, but it was non the less. "My worlds government found an ancient fossil from the earliest ages our planets time frame. They gave it life and found out from looking at the chunk that it was a plant. They stopped resurrecting it when they realized it was a giant dryad of some sort that was not from our world, wherever it had been from. They started grabbing random humans from off the streets and started experimenting on us using the plant cells from the incomplete dryad. I was the only one that lived. It slowly ate away every bit of living tissue I had in my body and replacing it with something else. I could feel myself slowly dying a painful death from burning over a long drawn out period of time. When my parents found me and found out what was going on they where killed. All they wanted was their son back, thats no crime. I had been adopted but I was still their son. The scientists and doctors that worked on that project where being funded by the government. Every week an official would come from the government to make sure everything was in order. So there you have it, thats how I became what I am. It wasn't done by anything in this world but mine. This world saved me from whatever they had in plan next. Unlike you if I returned to my world I would probably be killed by my own government, or by people who use to be my friends but no longer recognize me or see me as Bryo Kakos like they knew. They would never accept me. I am only accepted in Felarya. In Felarya there are people that see me as just another resident who name happens to be Bryo Kakos. I'm a kid, someone who still has a long way to grow. One day the flowers petals will wild from my body and my legs will bind together with the roots. One day I will look a lot more like a dryad, but thats years from now. I wont look older besides that though. My body wont ever get bulky like an adult males does but just stay like a teenagers. So, do you see it now? How much worse a human can be to other humans then a predator can be to humans."
Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: In the grove of carnivorous plants   In the grove of carnivorous plants Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:45 pm

Do I miss my world?
"Of course I do! Compared to this damned place, my own world is much more... Safe and friendly... Well, of course there are wars and some suffer, but your possibility to survive is much higher than here. You as a giant creature may find this world pleasing, but I'm just a small human - always in danger. Always afraid that my next step could be my last one. You said if you returned you'd probably be killed. Well, if I dodn't return to my world same goes for me. I'd simply be killed, eaten or something worse. I'm not that helpless as you may think, I've got some neat Ninja skills, but they're pretty useless against giant predators like you.
So to answer your question: Yes, I would return to my homeworld, even if there were almost everyone against me. Against human, I can stand a chance. I even can be accepted again or just go out into the nature and live together with animals.
Here my fate could already be sealed within the next two seconds and maybe I can't even do anything against it. Can you imagine how frustrating and frightening that is? To know you're nearly completely helpless and alone in a world where almost everythings way bigger than yourself?
You, being a predator yourself, to big to be prey of other predators can't imagine the fear I feel, when one of those scary... What are those? I'd describe them best as snake-like-girls... However, I mean the fear when one of those creatures slides in front of you, being just one hundret metres away or something and you can't do anything but to keep your breath and hold still? When every single muscle commands you to stand up and run away while you try to keep your mouth from screaming in fear? Sometimes the tension grows that high you'd want to stand up and let yourself being eaten just to end this mental torture.
So you see I REALLY want to leave this world, no matter what."

Then the girl remembered his other question.
"Oh, and about that tiger... Well, I'd describe it as a animal which walks on all four legs. I resembles a cat, if you know these... But way bigger. It's... As hig as... phew, my belly I'd say and it's yellow to brown in colour with a white belly and black stripes that go above the back from the left side to the right. They're quite strong and fast predators, much better then human in their physical skills. But we succeed through our mental skills."
Back to top Go down
nightgolem
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
nightgolem

PostSubject: Re: In the grove of carnivorous plants   In the grove of carnivorous plants Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 2:40 pm

Now Bryo wasn't quite happy with her. That was just rude. Completely rude. He wouldn't be sympathetic to someone egotistical enough to assume someone could never understand. It was the same as when she assumed he could have never been human. "Oh yes the big monster could never understand being small." He spoke in a horribly sarcastic tone with his small lips, a frown on his face. Maybe he should just eat her, then she wouldn't say such stupid things. How she just decided that he could never understand was just plain egotistical in his eyes. How dare she act like no predator had ever been small and helpless or feared. He begun to move himself forward, unfolding his legs so he could move enough to reach her. The plant boy snatched her up as quick as he could. His three fingers where green and eager to grab her. He held her, fingers feeling much like a mixed texture of a trees bark and a thick leaf. of course what surrounded his fingers was the rounded blade that should have been his fourth and smallest finger. Even if you could get out of his grip there would still be a big chance of hurting yourself on the curved blade.

"How dare you be so egotistical! Do you know how that sounds? Emo and egotistical. EVERYTHING is small at some point. I told you I use to be human didn't I? Do you think I went from human to this big in one under one minuet?! Seriously! Even nagas start out small! Every creature needs to work hard to get off the food chain. I myself wont be able to handle anything outside the grove well at all until I'm an adult. I would probably die. It wouldn't be from being eaten but trust me there are things that like hurting things like what I am and what dryads are. You should apologize, and a real apology. Ya, this has been rough for you but do you honestly think you've had it more rough then anyone else in this land? Do you think its alright to act like you've had it harder and nobody could possibly understand? Theres a place for nearly everything in Felarya. Somewhere theres always someone who can understand. Here there are a lot of people who understand me just fine and I fit in with them just fine. Dryads treat me like one of them, they make me feel at home. This is my home. Its where I belong until I can grow big enough to no longer need the protection here. For you its a horrible and dangerous area but there are areas humans can hide in and feel safe at. You just need to go find it. A lot of humans have felt terrified and I'm sorry to say this but this world is so unstable chances are you will never ever see your world again so you should at least try to live and get use to it here."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the grove of carnivorous plants   In the grove of carnivorous plants Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In the grove of carnivorous plants
Page 1 of 1