Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nature Elementals

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Nature Elementals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature Elementals   Nature Elementals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 6:31 pm

I don't think the spirit at the origin of the elemental was always the spirit of a humanoid creature.

And if I remember some old humanoid spirits can take another form than their original ones.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Nature Elementals   Nature Elementals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:27 am

Atropa

The Atropa, also sometimes called a Nightshade Unicorn, is a twisted counterpart to the Glade Unicorn. It is an Flora Elemental creature resembling a unicorn made of plants, however, the Atropa is comprised of poisonous plants. Atropas are darker in coloration than Glade Unicorns, often dark shades of green, purple, red, and sickly yellow. Its leafy mane, socks, and tail are dotted with poisonous berries of all shapes, sizes, and colors.

Like Glade Unicorns, Atropas are highly intelligent and capable of communication. Also, like the Glade Unicorn the Atropa does not eat meat... in fact, they don't seem to actually eat anything. That is where the similiarities between the two end, however. Even though they are non-predatory, Atropas pose a High threat to humans and pretty much any creature that crosses their path.

Atropas are extremely malevolent, and their sole purpose for existing seems to be to spread poison as widely as they can. This includes poisoning predators, animals, humans, nekos, and anything else they can lay their hooves or horns on. Atropas do not sleep, and do not rest; they don't do anything except roam in search of new victims to poison. They are indiscriminate and random, which makes them highly unpredictable and dangerous; what's worse is that they will even plunge through flames to attack a victim, even if it leads to the destruction of their body.

It isn't known exactly why Atropas are so vicious, and why they try to taint everything in sight. Some have theorized that the Atropa somehow gains sustenance from poisoning others, in effect "feeding". If this is true, it explains why they don't eat anything else, and implies that Atropas are extremely voracious.

Atropas have sometimes been witnessed shaking loose berries from their foliage and grinding them beneath their hooves. They then coat their wooden teeth, hooves, and horn with this poisonous mixture. Some have even been observed rolling in it to smear it onto their bodies, making them a toxic mouthful for even the largest predators. Unlike a Glade Unicorn's horn, the horn of an Atropa is crooked and jagged, resembling a lightning bolt more than a spiral. Their hooves are also razor sharp, as they deliberately grind them to an edge against rocks and trees.

Even a slight scratch from an Atropa can be deadly, making the best method for combatting one simply to avoid contact with it. This can be extremely difficult, however, as they are fast and agile. Although they are even more vulnerable to fire than most plant-based creatures, due to the oils in its body, setting one ablaze is not a deterrent. Even on fire and on the verge of destruction, an Atropa will do its best to poison you just out of spite. In addition, the smoke produced by the burning Atropa is toxic itself, and breathing it in is just as bad (if not worse than) as getting tagged by its horn, teeth, or hooves.

There have been tales of summoners who tried to establish a contract with an Atropa, by persuasion or coercion; these stories typically end very badly. An Atropa does not make a good summoned elemental, even if forcibly bound; it is certain to take the first opportunity it can to lash out in revenge at the summoner, and you do not want to entrust your life to the goodness of an Atropa's heart.

Fortunately, Atropas are very rare. Perhaps more fortunately, Atropas and Glade Unicorns loathe one another, and will immediately battle to the point of mutual destruction should they cross paths. They are immune to one another's powers, so it comes down to a matter of hooves vs. horns, which leaves them pretty evenly matched. You can't ask for better protection from an Atropa than having a Glade Unicorn in the area, as it will do everything in its power to destroy the toxic elemental, even if it means destroying itself along with it.

Also fortunate (or perhaps less so) is the fact that being poisoned by an Atropa is not always fatal. They use a variety of poisons, and some of them are non-lethal... but leave the victim in excruciating agony or a physically debilitated state. Atropas use these poisons for no reason other than to leave their victims suffering rather than dead. Yes, they are evil. Unfortunately for the these "lucky" survivors, Atropa poisons are extremely difficult to cure; only the most powerful antidotes and counter-agents will neutralize any Atropa poison. Ironically, two known cures are the spores of a Glade Unicorn and... Dryad saliva. Since Glade Unicorns are as rare as Atropas are, the second cure is the "easier" to obtain, but... it poses its own problems.

Here you go. My Little Pony from Hell, a unicorn that pretty much hates everybody and everything, and poisons everything it can just to be a jerk. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Nature Elementals   Nature Elementals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:33 pm

I have added some of your ideas wih some slight changes to them Smile
Tell me what you think ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Nature Elementals   Nature Elementals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:00 pm

Karbo wrote:
I have added some of your ideas wih some slight changes to them Smile
Tell me what you think ^_^

Very nice job! Very Happy

Combining Flora and Vine Elementals into a single category was an interesting choice; I don't disagree with it, but I wonder why you did. Did you feel there wasn't enough difference between them to have them seperate?

Also, what did you think of the Atropa/Nightshade Unicorn? Smile

I have a few ideas for creature/being templates for other types (Fire, Water, etc.) of Elemental... but I worry about that page length limit, and if other people are even interested. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Nature Elementals   Nature Elementals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 2:58 am

TheQuantumMechanic wrote:

Combining Flora and Vine Elementals into a single category was an interesting choice; I don't disagree with it, but I wonder why you did. Did you feel there wasn't enough difference between them to have them seperate?

Well yes, I feeled it was a bit the same thing.

The Atropa is definitely an excellent idea and I may add it as well Smile .. the problem is it's a bit long and seeing how goes thing for nature elementals only, I begin to be a bit worried about the total page limit in the end ^^; ( I hate to have divided sections >< )

And really feel free to share your other ideas for other elements ! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Nature Elementals   Nature Elementals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:12 am

Karbo wrote:
Well yes, I feeled it was a bit the same thing.

*nod* Makes sense. Smile

Karbo wrote:
The Atropa is definitely an excellent idea and I may add it as well Smile .. the problem is it's a bit long and seeing how goes thing for nature elementals only, I begin to be a bit worried about the total page limit in the end ^^; ( I hate to have divided sections >< )

I know... I really need to work on being more concise. sobsob I'm glad you liked the idea, though! Very Happy

Karbo wrote:
And really feel free to share your other ideas for other elements ! Wink

Okay, will do! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nature Elementals   Nature Elementals - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nature Elementals
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2