Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Egyptische Draak tribe

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

The Egyptische Draak tribe Empty
PostSubject: The Egyptische Draak tribe   The Egyptische Draak tribe Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 2:04 pm

Ok first I'll explain what the name means, it means Egyptian dragon and they are Miiko's tribe.

I'll have to post many things to explain Miiko's tribe but I'm not going to do it all in one day.

The Draak tribe is also known as the southern neko tribe*they live way past drigger territory* and manage to trade with the fairy kingdom and those live with in the fairy kingdom. Basically they are feared for their ability to use draconic and Egyptian powers which they have inherited from the Ancients who have and are still living on Felarya but have gone into hiding.

Their powers are limited however because their magic is untameable and is considered as wild magic but there are a few that can tame their "wild magic" and are considered to the tribe's greatest fighters. Miiko is one of the few who has tamed her magic. Now in order for Miiko to become a member she has to find her old mentor and slay him because he betrayed the tribe.

They kinda worship god-like figures and do get some of their magic from these beings but they call these god-like beings "the SEERS" which are in fact Ancients that can foresee certain events but they also can see every event in the universe but keep what they see to themselves except fro when it involves the tribe or the world of Felarya.

Like i said I'm not going to post everything in one day and today i have to pack because I'm going out of town tomorrow
Back to top Go down
http://daren-blackfang.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The Egyptische Draak tribe   The Egyptische Draak tribe Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 2:37 pm

Goldclaw wrote:
The Draak tribe is also known as the southern neko tribe*they live way past drigger territory*
I'm going to assume you either meant 'Dridder' or a rival Neko tribe here.

Quote :
and manage to trade with the fairy kingdom and those live with in the fairy kingdom.
How, if I may ask? I have a hunch it is more a trade facilitated by the Fairy side than the Neko one.

Quote :
Basically they are feared for their ability to use draconic and Egyptian powers which they have inherited from the Ancients who have and are still living on Felarya but have gone into hiding.
Seems a bit... 'something' [can't find the proper word for it] for there the be a Neko species feared yet not mentioned elsewhere. You may want to change it to a 'rapidly growing in reputation' or something.

Also, I don't know what quite you mean by Egyptian Powers. Some clarification would be needed.

Quote :
Their powers are limited however because their magic is untameable and is considered as wild magic but there are a few that can tame their "wild magic" and are considered to the tribe's greatest fighters.
I thought the point of wild magic wasn't you couldn't tame it. You could make it less wild, but you still run the risk of your fireball of epic proportions being centered only three feet in front of you instead of the Slug Girl a hundred meters out.

Quote :
Miiko is one of the few who has tamed her magic. Now in order for Miiko to become a member she has to find her old mentor and slay him because he betrayed the tribe.
Interesting story, but you may want to go into it if mentioning such. If someone goes over Russian History and says "Rasputin was considered by some to be evil", there's going to be those who ask "Why?", "Who was he?" and such questions.

Quote :
They kinda worship god-like figures and do get some of their magic from these beings but they call these god-like beings "the SEERS" which are in fact Ancients that can foresee certain events but they also can see every event in the universe but keep what they see to themselves except fro when it involves the tribe or the world of Felarya.
Sorry, but this reeks of issues. For starters, if they could see everything then they would know how to clear a spot perfectly for their people without them having to suffer. Unless you wish to say the Seers are utter pricks, but even then it would only be useful as it allows them to actually experience the event instead of just watching it pass.

Quote :
Like i said I'm not going to post everything in one day and today i have to pack because I'm going out of town tomorrow
Have fun.
Back to top Go down
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

PostSubject: Re: The Egyptische Draak tribe   The Egyptische Draak tribe Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 8:15 pm

ok I clarify it for you.

1) yes i do mean dridders

2) they trade with the beings except for the fairies in the fairy kingdom*i read that there are others living there on the wiki* and is a quick way of avoiding and not going through the dridder forest.

3)well...i'll take your word for it. they are gaining reputation but they are feared in the lower regains that lay south of the dridder forest. and as for the Egyptian powers, I'm talking about the powers that the Egyptian used*i'm still a bit rusty on Egyptian mythology*

4)They call it wild magic because only a few members can use magic and have to go through training in order to control it* like what most magic users do, practice practice and more practice*

5) That is actually a story of Miiko's past that I'm going to write* geez how many stories am i writing so far? oh thats right three stories*

6) well the reason the Ancients that live among Miiko's tribe is because they are in hiding and basically Ancients are not touched by time and space meaning that they can't help but see events in the universe meaning that they can see every event but choose not to tell the tribe because the Ancient foreseers don't want to leave their peaceful life on Felarya and don't want their people to get involved with the universe.*p.s. the Ancients have been living on Felarya ever since the great war took place and you can find it in the new ideas part of the forum*

and also im not leaving so that means im staying right in my comfy house, but as i said i'm going to post more once i worked out everything and the details for Miiko's tribe
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The Egyptische Draak tribe   The Egyptische Draak tribe Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Goldclaw wrote:
4)They call it wild magic because only a few members can use magic and have to go through training in order to control it* like what most magic users do, practice practice and more practice*

Felarya Wiki on Magic wrote:
Also called Living Magic or Chaotic Magic. More than a way of casting magic, Wild magic is actually a whole different magic than the "normal" one. It's a living, breathing entity. It has its own will, it comes and goes as it pleases, and you can’t actually make it do anything… but you can give it a nudge in the right direction, or ask really nicely and maybe it will help out. It can be docile and primitive, wild and unpredictable, or devious and calculating. The Wild Magic of Felarya is often refered by wild mages as "playful and mishievious and a bit cranky too".
If you are calling on the Universe itself for help, and it actually talks or respond in any way to you, then you are using some type of Living Magic.
Needless to say it's nigh unpredictable, uncontrollable, and that wild mages tend to not live very long. However, while extremely bizarre and nonsensical things sometimes/often/always happen to you, they aren’t happening for no reason at all. There is a reason behind them, you just don’t know it and might not even be able to understand it. Wild mages actually spend a good part of their life trying to understand why ( and a good deal of them lose their sanity in the process ).
Skipped the bottom section and bolded the relevant parts. Wild Magic is not something you can really control, at best you can direct it better than others with a luckier wizard avoiding mishap.
Back to top Go down
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

PostSubject: Re: The Egyptische Draak tribe   The Egyptische Draak tribe Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 8:32 pm

Malahite wrote:
Goldclaw wrote:

Felarya Wiki on Magic wrote:
Also called Living Magic or Chaotic Magic. More than a way of casting magic, Wild magic is actually a whole different magic than the "normal" one. It's a living, breathing entity. It has its own will, it comes and goes as it pleases, and you can’t actually make it do anything… but you can give it a nudge in the right direction, or ask really nicely and maybe it will help out. It can be docile and primitive, wild and unpredictable, or devious and calculating. The Wild Magic of Felarya is often refered by wild mages as "playful and mishievious and a bit cranky too".
If you are calling on the Universe itself for help, and it actually talks or respond in any way to you, then you are using some type of Living Magic.
Needless to say it's nigh unpredictable, uncontrollable, and that wild mages tend to not live very long. However, while extremely bizarre and nonsensical things sometimes/often/always happen to you, they aren’t happening for no reason at all. There is a reason behind them, you just don’t know it and might not even be able to understand it. Wild mages actually spend a good part of their life trying to understand why ( and a good deal of them lose their sanity in the process ).
Skipped the bottom section and bolded the relevant parts. Wild Magic is not something you can really control, at best you can direct it better than others with a luckier wizard avoiding mishap.

yes i know but im calling ti wild magic because the user can control his or her magic unless he or she receives the proper training to control and wield the magic.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The Egyptische Draak tribe   The Egyptische Draak tribe Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 8:34 pm

Goldclaw wrote:
yes i know but im calling ti wild magic because the user can control his or her magic unless he or she receives the proper training to control and wield the magic.
That was the specific wild magic section on the wiki.

Though the issue is more the name here than anything else, if I'm reading you right.
Back to top Go down
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

PostSubject: Re: The Egyptische Draak tribe   The Egyptische Draak tribe Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 8:39 pm

Malahite wrote:
Goldclaw wrote:
That was the specific wild magic section on the wiki.

Though the issue is more the name here than anything else, if I'm reading you right.

yes it is, im not using the wild magic from the wiki. im using a form of magic that has to be "tamed" in order to wield it.
Back to top Go down
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

PostSubject: Re: The Egyptische Draak tribe   The Egyptische Draak tribe Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 3:22 pm

ok now that little talk is out of the way im going to explain their culture and their religion *if they have one*

so first culture, the Draak clan has based their culture around the mid-evil/Egyptian way of life but do not live by the culture rules, so they made their own rules. *I couldn't really get the rules except fro two from Miiko and she told me that I have to become part of her tribe which may not be a bad thing* But i did however was able to get only two rules, so here they are *they kinda refer to those who are in training have to go on long journeys to become a champion of the clan*.

rule 10) never trust a dridder or a naga, and never trust your own kin that tries to betray you.

rule 11) Help those with a good intent and slay those that defy you

those are only two rules of their clan and won't give me any others because they still don't trust me except for Miiko.

their food kinda is like what most people ate in the medieval era and also they still like to eat live prey and they apparently like to do some sort of torture to enemies of the clan. *I really don't want to know what those tortures are and i won't mention them either if i did knew because if you knew what they did you would fear them too*

They like to mix mid-evil clothing with Egyptian clothing and as i said before they wear African masks when out hunting or on their 'quests'. Their houses well...um......they look like a mixture between mid-evil and Egyptian houses *it was a weird site to see really, i was kinda dumbfounded really* i figured that most of you people know what an Egyptian house and a mid-evil house looks like right, so image the two combined and the result is kinda strange. They also based their weapons on the Egyptian/mid-evil style. They combined a few weapons of the two cultures together and the result of these weapons are quite impressive. For example, Miiko's composite bow and her twin blades. Her composite bow is a cross between chariot bows and the British long bow; as for her swords, they are a cross between a Falchion sword and a Deepeeka Khopesh *i might try to draw that but it would be uber hard* so yeah they like to combine the two culture style weapons to create new and scarier to scare their enemies. *which would be the dridders of course but not the nagas in the lower regain because the naga have formed a peace treaty with the clan so that they won't drive each other into extinction and also they still dont like each other but they accepted not fight each other over trivial things* so yeah that's basically their culture in a nutshell or not but now you know. ^_^

ah im gona post their relogion in another post because i want to know what people think of the Draak culture and personally i kinda like Miiko's clan *maybe its because Miiko wanted me to become part of her clan* well hope ya enjoy de rest of ya day

Last edited by Goldclaw on Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addin)
Back to top Go down
Ironkitty
Tasty morsel
Ironkitty

PostSubject: Re: The Egyptische Draak tribe   The Egyptische Draak tribe Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:22 am

Well, it seems like an interesting race you have here. Ancient Egypt has always had a strong connection with cats, and I'm surprised no-one has made Egyptian nekos before. Still, I think you're being a bit hazy with making building, weapons and such half Ancient Egyptian and half Medieval. I don't see much of a benefit from it, and it just makes things unnecessarily complicated. A warrior race of Egyptian nekos sounds a lot simpler and cooler than a warrior race of half-Egyptian half-Medieval nekos. And I'm no expert on weapons, but I'm afraid I can't see how a bow would be significantly better if it had two cultures it was taken from.

Nice work though! I hope you develop them, they sound interesting.
Back to top Go down
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

PostSubject: Re: The Egyptische Draak tribe   The Egyptische Draak tribe Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:07 am

thanks but what i mean by combining, i mean by fusing the weapons through magic *build them first then fuse them with magic* thats how they do it.
Back to top Go down
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

PostSubject: Re: The Egyptische Draak tribe   The Egyptische Draak tribe Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:04 pm

Malahite wrote:
But you still run the risk of your fireball of epic proportions being centered only three feet in front of you instead of the Slug Girl a hundred meters out.

That's my kind of luck! Razz
Back to top Go down
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

PostSubject: Re: The Egyptische Draak tribe   The Egyptische Draak tribe Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:29 pm

it may be luck or it maybe some kind of unknown magic. Im gona post this tribe's religion some time soon, but school has me swamped down and writing two stories at once is killer.
Back to top Go down
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

PostSubject: Re: The Egyptische Draak tribe   The Egyptische Draak tribe Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:19 am

yeah.... this idea.... is very dead....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Egyptische Draak tribe   The Egyptische Draak tribe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Egyptische Draak tribe
Page 1 of 1