Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya "Soundtrack"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Exa Raiun
Tasty morsel

Felarya "Soundtrack" Empty
PostSubject: Felarya "Soundtrack"   Felarya "Soundtrack" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:56 am

Felarya is quite a diverse setting , with various locations, races, and characters. And I was wondering what kind of music tunes could fit to these in particular - either normal music, but even stuff like game music. (For me, I'll mostly provide game musics ^^; )

I was thinking about three categories:
Locations (including a "Main Theme" for the whole setting)
Races (Either prey or predator races)
Characters (Again, either prey or predator characters)

And for examples how I imagined that:

Location themes:
"Main Theme" : Sonata Arctica - Respect the Wilderness
Topazial Sea : Heroes of Might and Magic IV - Sea Theme
Giant Tree: Blackthorne (SNES version) - Karellian Forest
Akaptor Desert: Blackthorne (SNES version) - Wasteland Desert
Ur-Sagol Ruins: Jill of the Jungle - Ominous

Race themes:
Fairies: Heroes of Might and Magic (GBC version) - Sorceress Theme
Dridders : Jill of the Jungle - Spiders

Character themes:
...well, I don't know the characters well enough to provide examples for that.

I know this idea is not really fleshed out, but I think it worths a try. What do you think?

Last edited by Exa Raiun on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya "Soundtrack"   Felarya "Soundtrack" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:07 am

I think you forgot what the O in Ost means.
Back to top Go down
Exa Raiun
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Felarya "Soundtrack"   Felarya "Soundtrack" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:22 am

Well, that's NOT the main point... it's more like about finding fitting songs, not about the meaning of the word OST. I know what you mean, but that's the least important part of that topic, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Marauder of the deep jungle
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Felarya "Soundtrack"   Felarya "Soundtrack" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:47 am

Exa Raiun wrote:
Well, that's NOT the main point... it's more like about finding fitting songs, not about the meaning of the word OST. I know what you mean, but that's the least important part of that topic, in my opinion.
The O being Original, meaning the songs were all made for the soundtrack. Most American movie soundtracks don't have that O, as they often just license songs from existing sources.

But yeah, it seems like there was already a thread on a felarya soundtrack somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Exa Raiun
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Felarya "Soundtrack"   Felarya "Soundtrack" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:49 am

Feign wrote:

But yeah, it seems like there was already a thread on a felarya soundtrack somewhere...

Wasn't it only for character songs or something like that? I think I know which topic you meant, but 1. I didn't want to necropost 2. My idea supposed to be a more complete list.

EDIT: I renamed the topic, so the OST question is not a problem anymore ^^
Back to top Go down
Feign
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Felarya "Soundtrack"   Felarya "Soundtrack" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:58 am

Exa Raiun wrote:
Feign wrote:

Wasn't it only for character songs or something like that? I think I know which topic you meant, but 1. I didn't want to necropost 2. My idea supposed to be a more complete list.

EDIT: I renamed the topic, so the OST question is not a problem anymore ^^
Ah, finally found it:

Felaryan Anthems

Looks like I killed the thread oh so long ago in the first place...

I see what you mean for area themes, something to set the mood of the particular regions. I don't know it video game background music is the best choice, though.
Back to top Go down
Exa Raiun
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Felarya "Soundtrack"   Felarya "Soundtrack" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:12 am

Feign wrote:

I see what you mean for area themes, something to set the mood of the particular regions. I don't know it video game background music is the best choice, though.

Exa Raiun wrote:
And I was wondering what kind of music tunes could fit to these in particular - either normal music, but even stuff like game music.

As I said earlier, it is not have to be always a game music - personally I believe that for generic songs (for areas , or for races) , a background-like music is easier to link, but for unique characters, it's true that something with a lyrics may be more fitting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya "Soundtrack"   Felarya "Soundtrack" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya "Soundtrack"
Page 1 of 1