Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RP bantering update

Go down 
+8
mangamastermind
Cypress
Siafu789
Wario-Man
Davis
Malahite
Pendragon
lami
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

RP bantering update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 7:38 pm

Clawdy immediately spoke up.

"Well, heh, funny you should ask. When I crashed, I got up and wandered around the forest for a bit. It was then that I ran across a naga who called herself Anna. She was.. err, in her bare necessities. Happily, she didn't eat me. She was in a bad mood, though. I thought she was gonna crush me, but I noticed she was tinkering around with some piece of machinery."

Alex spoke into the mike during his speech.

"Sorry it's a bit long. Clawdy can usually talk up a storm."

Clawdy just gave Alex a temperamental stare and continued.

"As I was saying, I thought she was interested in technology, unlike the other creatures here, so I decided to befriend her by giving her my crashed ship. When she saw it... well, I think that's the first time she's smiled in quite a while (my ship was quite advanced)."

"Yeah. Being half neko, I'm surprised he and Xiao have survived this long."

Clawdy glared at him once more.

"Apparently you forget that I'm a master of~"

"A master of the Force; a champion of the Sith. Yada yada yada. We know."

Xiao giggled in the background as they began to bicker. Once again, she took this time to speak into the link.

" I apologize about those two. Alex and Clawdy can be a bit kiddish. That's what I like about them... but anyway; I'd like to ask you something. Who is that girl in the background I keep hearing?"
Back to top Go down
Davis
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Davis

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 8:20 pm

Davis:"Oh her? She's just a--" The sound of air moving past the mic is heard.
Sokia:"Hello, my names Sokia, I'm a fairy."
Davis:"Sokia..."
Sokia:"Whoa, Davis your voice is coming out of this thing!"
Davis:"No, no it's not."
Sokia:"Then how come I can hear you?"
Davis:"Because I'm currently being pressed into your face."
Sokia:"Oh, sorry! Must have picked you up with it by mistake."
Davis:"I'm sure it was a mistake."
Sokia:"Oh be quiet, whoops, sorry about that. Guess I didn't have a good grip on you."
Davis:(Distant yelling)
Sokia:"Anyway, it's been fun traveling with these guys. Although I did have to save them a number of times."
Davis:(More distant yelling for a few seconds, then silent)
Sokia:"Stop being annoying. Not sure of where we are but its a nice area full of trees, where are you at and is it nice looking?"
Back to top Go down
http://iakos.deviantart.com/
mangamastermind
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
mangamastermind

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 8:24 pm

Dr. Mack walked into his hotel room in Negav. There on a desk is a odd looking phone. His curiosity got the better of him, and he turned it on. The screen lit up, revealing a Human talking to a naga. 'Interesting' Mack thought to himself. his thoughts were intreupeted however, by the many voices coming out of the speaker. He slowly put the phone to his ear.

Dr. Mack "Hello? Hello? Is there anybody out there?"
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 8:57 pm

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Sokia."

She laughed a little upon hearing Davis yell. She knew exactly what happened and could not contain her giggles which escalated into laughing. She continued talking despite Alex and Clawdy arguing behind her.

"Well, anyway Sokia; we're standing on a plateau shaped area. We can see alot of this strange place people call 'Felarya'. It's really pretty."

Just then she heard another voice talk through the radio.

"Hello? Hello? Is there anybody out there?"

Xiao was confused by this and did not recognize this new voice.

"Uhh... Sokia? Who is that?"
Back to top Go down
mangamastermind
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
mangamastermind

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 9:20 pm

Dr. Mack Smiled. "Oh there is someone on here. Hello, My name is Dr. Mack. who might you be?"
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 9:26 pm

"Oh. Hi there. My name is Xiao. It's nice to meet you too, Dr. Mack. Have you met the others on this line yet? They are all really nice."

She was constantly interrupted by Alex and Clawdy, still going at their fight. For the moment, she got up from the link to separate the two of them.

*faint* "Please, you two. Stop arguing."
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Reiko

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:51 pm

(Woof any way I could join in *Blushes* I could bring in Reiko? ^^)
Back to top Go down
http://reikodoggy.deviantart.com/
Wario-Man
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 11:42 pm

(And me with Ryan?)
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 8:32 am

Xiao now started to hear even more odd voices coming from the com link.

"Uh, Mr. John? I can't hear you. Alot of people are entering the link."

Alex and Clawdy, now calm from their feud, sat closer to the com and tuned it so they could hear. Alex took note.

"Hold up... I'm getting a clear signal... Wait. Who's Rieko? And Ryan? If you can hear me, please respond."

Meanwhile, Clawdy sat back and thought to himself.

"Looks like this conversation just got a whole lot bigger."
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 12:59 pm

Reiko wrote:
(Woof any way I could join in *Blushes* I could bring in Reiko? ^^)
(your not giant, So the only real way to join in is to have help from someone who is or you'd have to somehows get inside the scientific call recieving center and take calls, which could be a bad idea for both you and us, depending on how hungry you are. thought i doubt you'd have a problem getting in, you dont look like the standard predator. unfortunatly for ryan, I have no idea who your character is, judgement call.)
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 1:01 pm

((Technically, I guess I'm "in" this, considering I was among the first posters and all.))

Deep within Chidokai Forest, a group of curiously dressed and kitted humans was staring at quite foreign object.

"What do you think it is, Marech?" Muttered on of the humans, vegetation and several other less identifiable objects scattered and smeared across his body.

"Some type of radio, that much is obvious," replied the largest of the group. He looked as much like a walking tree as the others, though a noticable 'bulk' was on his back while the end of his weapon (covered and modified to resemble a dead branch with vines) had a small pilot light giving a slight blue glow.

The design made the purpose easy enough to tell. The object was intended for at least recieving messages, and likely sending them as well. The size was quite... unnerving, however. It appeared to the small group like it was designed more for the larger beasts instead of a human. And the thought that the larger beasts may have the intelligence to build such an item (And, with another logical step, something along the same tech level) sent chills down their spines.

The entry was made obvious enough, the thing left a massive hole in the above canopy. But, as was most often the case in jungles, the vegetation was quickly repairing the damage done.

Suddenly, a strange conversation broke out from the speakers, the smallest and least camoflauged of the group nearly falling on their rump at the surprise. With a chuckle, the nearest soldier helped the embarrassed lad to his feet.

"Any idea what they're say?" Muttered the small human, walking towards the device. So far, their end of the device wasn't broadcasting as best as the could tell. Thus, if whatever was using the device hadn't intended it to fall into such hands, this would be a good chance to grab some decent information on the world they still knew so little about.

"Right," started the original speaker, Hawke, "Kred 'n MkLain would like to hear about this." Turning, he pointed at the small lad and Marech. "You two, get back to the others and tell them about the find. Gao, Osti, 'Stump'," Three others turned their heads away from the machine as the first two headed back, "Set some pits and such 'round the perimeter. Some explosives would be nice too, but no more than to kill a Spiner at one spot. And keep out of sight."

As the others melded into the forest - making much less disturbance than the earlier pair - Hawke turned to the last soldier, a rookie who had only two prior deathworlds under his belt. "Baen, you're here with me until they arrive back with an officer. Try and see if you can tell just what the frak they're saying."

((Will get into direct contact later. Like, next post later))

Last edited by on Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Davis
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Davis

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 1:32 pm

(I guess Sokia is helping me operate the device Razz)
Davis:"Ok, I'm back, appearently there is someone new on the line. What was his name again Sokia? I highly doubt it was Mocter Crack. Anyway whoever you are hello, what brings you into this conversation? Also if your name is in fact Mocter Crack I'm sorry."
John:"It seems more and more people are joining in on this conversation, although I haven't heard the first people talking since we began conversing. I hope we didn't interupt those people, I think they were called Eugene, Aki, and Cypress?"
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 2:14 pm

Malahite wrote:
((Technically, I guess I'm "in" this, considering I was among the first posters and all.))

Deep within Chidokai Forest, a group of curiously dressed and kitted humans was staring at quite foreign object.

"What do you think it is, Marech?" Muttered on of the humans, vegetation and several other less identifiable objects scattered and smeared across his body.

"Some type of radio, that much is obvious," replied the largest of the group. He looked as much like a walking tree as the others, though a noticable 'bulk' was on his back while the end of his weapon (covered and modified to resemble a dead branch with vines) had a small pilot light giving a slight blue glow.

The design made the purpose easy enough to tell. The object was intended for at least recieving messages, and likely sending them as well. The size was quite... unnerving, however. It appeared to the small group like it was designed more for the larger beasts instead of a human. And the thought that the larger beasts may have the intelligence to build such an item (And, with another logical step, something along the same tech level) sent chills down their spines.

The entry was made obvious enough, the thing left a massive hole in the above canopy. But, as was most often the case in jungles, the vegetation was quickly repairing the damage done.

Suddenly, a strange conversation broke out from the speakers, the smallest and least camoflauged of the group nearly falling on their rump at the surprise. With a chuckle, the nearest soldier helped the embarrassed lad to his feet.

"Any idea what they're say?" Muttered the small human, walking towards the device. So far, their end of the device wasn't broadcasting as best as the could tell. Thus, if whatever was using the device hadn't intended it to fall into such hands, this would be a good chance to grab some decent information on the world they still knew so little about.

"Right," started the original speaker, Hawke, "Kred 'n MkLain would like to hear about this." Turning, he pointed at the small lad and Marech. "You two, get back to the others and tell them about the find. Gao, Osti, 'Stump'," Three others turned their heads away from the machine as the first two headed back, "Set some pits and such 'round the perimeter. Some explosives would be nice too, but no more than to kill a Spiner at one spot. And keep out of sight."

As the others melded into the forest - making much less disturbance than the earlier pair - Hawke turned to the last soldier, a rookie who had only two prior deathworlds under his belt. "Baen, you're here with me until they arrive back with an officer. Try and see if you can tell just what the frak they're saying."

((Will get into direct contact later. Like, next post later))

((Just saw Lami's post. Can quit if desired, only joined in out of boredom. ))
you seem to have a group of humans, you could probably, operate it with that kind of man power, the reason one human couldnt do it is because thses things are built to not break if a large creature operates it, buttons are really hard to press, and a human would have to yell fairly loud into the device to be heard on the other end because large creatures have a naturaly stronger voice, they where parachuted down though, just to let you know
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 2:17 pm

lami wrote:

you seem to have a group of humans, you could probably, operate it with that kind of man power, the reason one human couldnt do it is because thses things are built to not break if a large creature operates it, buttons are really hard to press, and a human would have to yell fairly loud into the device to be heard on the other end because large creatures have a naturaly stronger voice, they where parachuted down though, just to let you know

((Okay, wanted to be sure. Will make a remark about the parachute snagging, and Pontential Energy doing the rest of the work))
Back to top Go down
mangamastermind
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
mangamastermind

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 2:23 pm

(Apparently I need a giant friend to help me use this thing)

After dragging the huge phone (it grew to 10 feet in an instant!) Half way across Felarya, Mack finally runs across his friend, Tabia.

Tabia- Hi Mack. whats up.
Mack- *pant* Tabia, *pant* I need your help to use this thing.
Tabia- Sure Mack. i got nothing better to do right now.

Tabia grabs the Phone, with Mack grabbing one end for his life, and places it near her ear. Mack jumps down onto her shoulder. Tabia activates the speaker function.

Mack- Sorry, I had to get someone to work this thing.
Tabia- Hello people! I'm Tabia, pleasure to meet you!
Mack- Tabia is a close friend of mine, from the days of the Neo Human rebellion. But thats in the past. By the way My name is Dr. Mack, not Mocter Crack, Sokia. As for why I'm here well, I want to know more about the creatures of Felarya, without getting eaten. If any of you need Medical attention, tell me were you are and Tabia will fly me to were you are.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 3:15 pm

"We better get out of here, Alex. I see a group of Harpies headed this way, and we look like a bunch of snacks to them."

"Right, Clawdy."

Alex spoke into the giant com link.

"Sorry about this, everybody. We've run into a bit of trouble here. We'll be back with you in a minute.

Alex took Xiao into his mech and closed the hatch, giving Clawdy the chance to climb up onto the shoulder (right where he likes to sit). Alex then used his mech to pick up the com device and proceeded to boost off of the plateau. The harpies continued in pursuit......
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 3:29 pm

By now, the conversation was being held by a completely different set of voices from the original. Some words were picked out from the chats as sounding similar to Imperial dialect, though beyond them and what was assumed to be names nothing of interest was learned from the conversations.

Suddenly, Hawke swung around; laspistol in one hand, 'Fang in another. Taking his lead, Baen turned the same way and rose his lasgun to his shoulder. A few seconds later, a quartet of foilage-covered humans wandered into their sight. The pair almost felt foolish for their alarm. The Naval Security lad and Marech had returned, along with another Cat' and the less experienced of the officers.

"So," started Mklain, walking towards the large object which Baen had placed themselves in guard of, "Any idea of who or what is speaking on this thing?"

"None, sir," spoke Hawke. Technically, he didn't have to call him 'sir'. Mklain was Navy, himself Guard, and neither of 'em had a ship for piloting. Still, best to keep the man with a large gun in good terms with oneself. "Nor any idea of who or what made this OR left it here. Best guess 's something native."

Baen watched as Marech waited along the perimeter of the small clearing and the other Catachan placed himself further along the edge. Making sure to watch out for the usual beasties was always a good sign. Almost to prove his point, a small explosion could be heard in the distance along with an almost feminine yelp. The jumpy lad swung with his weapon ready, the others just gave a quick glance before getting back to business.

"Any idea how it works at least?"

"This I can help you with. Seems to be a crude Vox-device, with a simple enough adjustment for frequencies, volume, etc. We can also guess that the switch along the side is an on-off button quite easily. However, the switches and knobs are far enough part that at least two people would be needed to use it effectively. Similarly, while we can put their functions easily enough, we can't quite place WHICH knob and button works with the other functions."

"Any idea on the range of the thing?"

"None sir. Could be a couple 'clicks, could be, Throne forbid, somethin' in orbit."

"Feth." While the potential of the builders having Space-Travel was interesting for the 'stuck' Imperials, the idea of some of the beasties piloting such a thing was not a pleasant thought. "Try and see if you can get the functions down, and try to copy down whatever is being said. Don't care about the specifics, just the rough sound should do."

Hastily, another form rushed out of the forest. Again, Hawke and Baen were on him, this time followed by Marech, Mklain, and the other Catachan (Which at rough guess Hawke guessed as being 'Boots' Gatul). Again, they lowered their weapons when they saw the guest. Osti had rushed out with much of the vegetation burned off his back, a grin on his face as he came closer to the group.

"Sorry sirs, lil' trouble with one of dem Sluggies. Likely ain't gonna go reachin' for random piles of fruit no more."

"Good job, 'Baits'," he chuckled, patting him on the back. "Just in time, too. Now, help me figure out what makes this thing tick."
Back to top Go down
Davis
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Davis

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 2:34 am

John:"Alex, Xiao, Clawdy are you guys okay!?"
Davis:"Well, chances are they can't talk right now. They sound like a capable group they're probably fine, just busy."
A load noise similar to that of an airplane is heard for a few seconds before fading.
Davis:"What the hell was that? Anybody else on the line hear that?"
John:"Sounded like a plane, could have been some kind of machine."
Sokia:"I just checked above the trees, didn't see anything. Although there was a path of fallen trees."
Davis:"Weird, what rammed through them?"
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 12:50 pm

"Hello... can... you hear..."

The sounds of boosters and passing forestry could be heard as the signal became hazy. Clawdy climbed onto the speeding mech's arm, clawing very carefully to avoid falling off. He was barely able to reach the com in the robot's hand.

"We've got..in.. technical difficulties....ARMORED HARPIES... 400 miles per hou..... buncha trees... we'll have to call you ba..............."
Back to top Go down
mangamastermind
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
mangamastermind

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 1:54 pm

Shocked Mack Ran toward the mic.

Dr. Mack- This is Dr. Mack to Alex, Do you copy. Do you require assistance! If you do we will be there in ten seconds flat!
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 12:04 pm

"*cough* Is anybody there?..."

Alex sat by the com, absolutely exhausted. His escape from the harpies was not an easy one.

"I apologize for what happened before. We went through a bit of trouble. But we made it through... Give me a moment to breathe."

He dragged up a nearby rock and took a seat next to the com.

"In case you're wondering, Xiao is resting next to me right now. She was pretty exhausted. Meanwhile, Clawdy is on lookout, so we'll be safe. At least, I hope...."
Back to top Go down
mangamastermind
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
mangamastermind

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 6:03 pm

Dr. Mack sighs with relief.

Dr. Mack - Its good to know your alright Alex. Is anyone Injured over there? If they are we are happy to help in any way possible.
Back to top Go down
Mentalguy
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Mentalguy

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 6:48 pm

*Hearing voices coming from his CB, Victor listened in carefully to see if anyone discloses their location*

"They must not be far, these only have a limited range in this forest."

*after hearing Dr. Macks relpy to the last transmition, Victor raised the walkie to his mouth a press the button that says 'outgoing'.*

"This is Junior-Lieutenant Victor Vasilyev of the Russian Army, who is this?"
Back to top Go down
http://mentalguy15.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 6:51 pm

"Well, Clawdy received a few scratches from the passing foliage (I told him to come inside the cockpit, but he's stubborn like that). However, he should be alright. Xiao is just fine. She's just a little exhausted. And you don't need to worry about me. I've survived worse."

As Alex rested on the rock with Xiao resting on his shoulder, he couldn't help but feel nervous.

"While I'm on the line, Dr. Mack, I have a bit of a question. Is there anything I should know about the Felaryan Forests at this time of night? We're at it's edge, half a mile from a big river. Those Armored Harpies didn't follow us here, and I'm worried why that is so."
Back to top Go down
mangamastermind
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
mangamastermind

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 7:14 pm

Dr. Mack- If i was you i would stay on high alert. At night Banshees come out to feed on sleeping adventures. I know from a personal experience how dangerous they can be with there sound. It might disable your Meck at close range by frying it circets.

Whats worse are pit nagas. There probably the reason why those harpys didn't follow you there. They tend to hunt at night with there Succubi friends. Plus if you hurt them, you will feel the same pain and can die the same whey. And there Succubi friends aren't pushovers eather. Be careful Alex,we will aid if you need us.

*Hears Victor talking on the mike*

Dr. Mack- Hoho. An Earthing eh. We don't ususly get alot of those. greetings Lt. Victor, I am Doctor Mack. I aid all senteant creatures of this glorious world that we call Felarya, well Medically at least. Be careful Lt. The Preds here have a Appetite for humans, and i consider it for there nutritional for them to eat humans. So if i don't get there in time i wont feel to bad for your loss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP bantering update   RP bantering update - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RP bantering update
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next