Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why are fairies hunted?

Go down 
+14
The Rev
Malahite
Wario-Man
Pendragon
Reiko
Karbo
Cypress
Rythmear
Spykeofkonoha
dlausactor6373
GREGOLE
Siafu789
gwadahunter2222
mangamastermind
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mangamastermind
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
mangamastermind

Why are fairies hunted? Empty
PostSubject: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 7:22 pm

Latly this has been bugging me. Why are fariys hunted by fairy hunters so often? I mean why would you send person after person to there deaths for no reason (other than population control.). I found no answer on the wiki that could help me, except for one. There wings.

it said on the wiki that the source of the Fariys magical powers was there wings. I think that the magic stored it them could be worth a ton of cash for whoever gets some. Why? I dont know, maby it has the ability to grow or shrink things when ground up into fairy dust or something. Could someone help me out here?
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 7:42 pm

Maybe in their world they used to hunt fairy for many reasons exept Felaryan fairies are very special Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 8:26 pm

For a number of reasons, I can imagine.

Maybe the hopes of exploiting their magic, either by demanding their services or as an ingredient for a potion. Some my also do it to tame Felarya's forests. Some for food. Some for sport Some because they get a sick turn on from it.

But most of them, I think, just do it because they can.
Back to top Go down
http://militant-prey.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 9:05 pm

Meh, humans aren't THAT bad.

I'd say principly for self defense. The very same reason we often send people to track down and slaughter animals that have tasted human blood. Fairies are apparently the #1 cause of human fatality in Felarya.

It's just that fairy wings also pay big.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 9:28 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
Meh, humans aren't THAT bad.

I'd say principly for self defense. The very same reason we often send people to track down and slaughter animals that have tasted human blood. Fairies are apparently the #1 cause of human fatality in Felarya.

It's just that fairy wings also pay big.

Not that bad, you say? I think a certain vampire lord would have something to say about that. Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 9:53 pm

I agree; any number of reasons could stem from this discussion but the biggest factor that Gregole here mentioned is fear. Once a beast has tasted human blood, it generally gets a craving for it. Why do you think lion, tigers and bears (oh my!) often are hunted down and slaughtered? They soon develop that craving and the beast itself begins to seek out human flesh to satiate it's hunger.Once it learns or begins to think of humans as a food source, it becomes a danger and the humans will slaughter that one in order to keep other animals from thinking likewise.

I would imagine this is a big motivating factor in many Felaryan humans mind's. However, Fairies are formidable and only those with a strong enough will ans strength, physical or magical, would ever hope to stand a chance against a Fairy. Meh, I've lectured for too long... someone else wanna have a go at it?
Back to top Go down
http://Spykeofkonoha.deviantart.com
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:25 pm

The Cult of Zoe has successfully caught several as some of you may know...
Back to top Go down
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:31 pm

well I think a lot of it is that fairy hunters come to felarya hearing tales of lots of fairies, and in that ironic sense of professional pride disregard the warnings because they think they have been exaggerated by armatures. the average fairy outside of Felarya doesn't grow in size as such. they probably view any stories about Felaryan fairy growth as a "i caught a fish this big" type of story. as such they think its all a joke until they see it for themselves... at witch point its far to late to back out... let alone live. to tell your peers.

the basic fact is that most of the fairy hunters are blinded by a superiority complex and expect only to find sweet helpless small faries to catch... poor bastards (they deserve it though fairy hunting is such a barbaric occupation anyways XP)
Back to top Go down
http://wowandwas.deviantart.com
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 3:33 am

That would be the main explanation I think Smile
As I see it, they think fairies are totally harmless as they are on other wolrds.
They hear that Felarya is teeming of fairies and they go.
They are dangerous as well ? Great ! they will provide a challenge at least for the great and seasonned hunter. and so.. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Reiko
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Reiko

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 3:49 am

Hehehe id hunt them just for a pet...They are so cute! Why would they be dangerous!
Hehe get my little Fae a bow-tie and a little tiny leash, KAWAII! That would be so cute!
Back to top Go down
http://reikodoggy.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 8:49 am

I wouldn't hunt them. It's way too dangerous of a hobby.

In Felarya, things bigger than you can kill you. Things smaller than you can kill you even worse.

That's why I stick to chess as a hobby.

On a side note, killing a fairy hunter earns you a lot of trust among fairies. (trust me, I speak from experience)
Back to top Go down
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 9:41 am

Reiko wrote:
Hehehe id hunt them just for a pet...They are so cute! Why would they be dangerous!
Hehe get my little Fae a bow-tie and a little tiny leash, KAWAII! That would be so cute!

OMG
Why are fairies hunted? Otakuerror37\

Pendragon wrote:

In Felarya, things bigger than you can kill you. Things smaller than you can kill you even worse.
well again...they just don't get how dangerous it is... or how dangerous felarya is....
Back to top Go down
http://wowandwas.deviantart.com
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 12:28 pm

Oh their dangerous... impishly dangerous for sure. Like any life in Felarya or earth for that matter they deserve a great deal of respect. *looks nervously at Dizzy* Yeah, she'd hurt me if I said anything else.

<Dizzy> WHAT WAS THAT!

<Spyke> Yikes! *flees*
Back to top Go down
Wario-Man
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 2:23 pm

Spykeofkonoha wrote:
Oh their dangerous... impishly dangerous for sure. Like any life in Felarya or earth for that matter they deserve a great deal of respect. *looks nervously at Dizzy* Yeah, she'd hurt me if I said anything else.

<Dizzy> WHAT WAS THAT!

<Spyke> Yikes! *flees*
<Ryan>Heh, sucker. Proof positive that it is unwise to have a male AND female character.
Back to top Go down
Wario-Man
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 2:24 pm

Cypress wrote:
Reiko wrote:

OMG

Pendragon wrote:

well again...they just don't get how dangerous it is... or how dangerous felarya is....

...*the most EPIC NOSE BLEED EVER fills the room with blood*
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 2:35 pm

Wario-Man wrote:
Spykeofkonoha wrote:

<Dizzy> WHAT WAS THAT!

<Spyke> Yikes! *flees*
<Ryan>Heh, sucker. Proof positive that it is unwise to have a male AND female character.

Heh, I have like... uh... three possibly four female characters in Felarya with about four for sure male characters. Three out of those four males are minor characters.
Back to top Go down
Wario-Man
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 2:43 pm

Spykeofkonoha wrote:
Wario-Man wrote:
Spykeofkonoha wrote:

<Dizzy> WHAT WAS THAT!

<Spyke> Yikes! *flees*

Heh, I have like... uh... three possibly four female characters in Felarya with about four for sure male characters. Three out of those four males are minor characters.
Huh. Okay...Ryan, get to seperating them. Minor characters, too.

<Ryan> *half-way through building a 32-ft brick wall* Already on it, Chief.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 3:55 pm

mangamastermind wrote:
Latly this has been bugging me. Why are fariys hunted by fairy hunters so often? I mean why would you send person after person to there deaths for no reason (other than population control.). I found no answer on the wiki that could help me, except for one. There wings.

it said on the wiki that the source of the Fariys magical powers was there wings. I think that the magic stored it them could be worth a ton of cash for whoever gets some. Why? I dont know, maby it has the ability to grow or shrink things when ground up into fairy dust or something. Could someone help me out here?

Danger to others is the most likely reason, as Greg and a few others have said.

Faeries like eating humans... a lot. Similarly, they like pulling pranks on them, using 'em as toys, etc. Surprisingly, humans (And the Neko's who suffer from this, and perhaps the Nemesis and other's that are targeted) dislike this, and capturing a Faerie is the easiest way to stop said Faerie (Because not many Felaryan beasties seem to care about anything smaller than an SUV, and anything with the Magical Power to make 'em care is likely sent away by the Guardians).

Not to say that Humans are innocent in this. There are likely those who do such for fun as well, and as Karbo and Cypress said a superiority complex also comes into play during some instances.

dlausactor6373 wrote:
Not that bad, you say? I think a certain vampire lord would have something to say about that. Evil laugh

You're using a Vampire Lord, a thing that in most fictions is a brutal monster beyond all imagining, as classifying humans as 'bad'?

... Holy Throne, what the heck do your universes humans do? Eat baby spines as a rite into manhood? Kill a Species to prove they're not chicken?

Pendragon wrote:

That's why I stick to chess as a hobby.

On a side note, killing a fairy hunter earns you a lot of trust among fairies. (trust me, I speak from experience)

Aye, the smaller things are worse. You can lookout for a Naga reasonably enough if you keep yourself aware. Kind of hard to pick off the individual bugs that might be roaming around. Sleeping in a tent, spider the size of a thimble appears, next morning your Camp-Mates see your blue face in a permanent visage of agony.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 1:08 am

Wario-Man wrote:
Cypress wrote:
Reiko wrote:

OMG

Pendragon wrote:

...*the most EPIC NOSE BLEED EVER fills the room with blood*

Whut?!
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 10:33 am

Well, the hunters probably don't work for anyone, just reckless humans out for a fortune. They also probably didn't know the fairies were humongous and capable of eating people. They probably pictured fairies to be tiny, hence the butterfly nets
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 3:12 pm

Just a point until we discover Felarya when we told us a fairy it was the tiny winged creature. What I mean this universe play with the popular beliefs and tricked many people.
Another example: Anko is very different that the story the Little mermaid Laughing
In clear in Felarya, you must forget all the cliche and myths you believed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 3:14 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Just a point until we discover Felarya when we told us a fairy it was the tiny winged creature. What I mean this universe play with the popular beliefs and tricked many people.
Another example: Anko is very different that the story the Little mermaid Laughing
In clear in Felarya, you must forget all the cliche and myths you believed Very Happy
Well said, gwadahunter2222. Well said. That's the reason we love Karbo's work-well, one of the reasons. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://militant-prey.deviantart.com/
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 3:22 pm

Siafu789 wrote:
gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Well said, gwadahunter2222. Well said. That's the reason we love Karbo's work-well, one of the reasons. lol!

Everything is topsy turvey! Bicycles steal themselves and hamburgers eat people...

*Thinks about that* Hmm... then the Naga's eat the people burgers.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 3:28 pm

Siafu789 wrote:
gwadahunter2222. Well said. That's the reason we love Karbo's work-well, one of the reasons. lol!
Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 8:48 am

Rythmear wrote:
Siafu789 wrote:
gwadahunter2222 wrote:

Everything is topsy turvey! Bicycles steal themselves and hamburgers eat people...

*Thinks about that* Hmm... then the Naga's eat the people burgers.

I'm sorry, but what are you smoking?

Also, I agree with gwadahunter. If you thought spiders were scary before...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why are fairies hunted?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next