Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why are fairies hunted?

Go down 
+14
The Rev
Malahite
Wario-Man
Pendragon
Reiko
Karbo
Cypress
Rythmear
Spykeofkonoha
dlausactor6373
GREGOLE
Siafu789
gwadahunter2222
mangamastermind
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

Why are fairies hunted? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 12:39 pm

Self-defence I think. Fairies are dangerous! Even the little ones.

Lephia-"Yeah! Better believe it baby!"
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 12:58 pm

Zoekin wrote:

Lephia-"Yeah! Better believe it baby!"
Lephia, there's rumours goin' round of a Parasite infecting Faeries in the area. Now while I don't doubt your personal cleanliness, a shot would still be a good bet just to be sure. Mind letting me see your arm?

What, you see nothing in the needle? Nonsense, the fluid's just... very clear. Now, your arm please.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:42 am

I've always assumed that many fairy hunters aren't actually aware that fairies are dangerous. After all, the hunters tend to be remarkably unprepared. Based on that, I've been assuming that most people hunt fairies as cute pets. Put it in a cage, and watch it flutter about like a canary. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:37 am

Well, it's said that fairies are one of the most dangerous predators - but maybe the general human populace of Felarya isn't aware of that. I suppose when a lot of people go missing, it's assumed it was mostly nagas...I guess fairies are just very underestimated. They can shrink and eat you, so it's not very noticable.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 11:24 am

Jætte_Troll wrote:
Well, it's said that fairies are one of the most dangerous predators - but maybe the general human populace of Felarya isn't aware of that. I suppose when a lot of people go missing, it's assumed it was mostly nagas...I guess fairies are just very underestimated. They can shrink and eat you, so it's not very noticable.

I dont think thats how it is. I think that the people who've survived in Felarya for any length of time know that fairies are probably the single most dangerous race of predators. i think thats why the effort is made to hunt them. They are the one specis of predator that can be extremely easy to kill, if you catch them when their small or human sized.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:28 pm

Hmm, I suppose those who are experienced enough. But I can see newcomers underestimating fairies, mostly because Karbo has made them very different than the accepted version of fairies. So I guess everyone has their own reasons for hunting fairies...
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 1:43 pm

Had a little think about this and came up with another reason or two.

Anyone who has ever wandered into one of Melany's traps while minding their own business and lived to tell the tale may very well want to get some of their own back. Prehapes a good natured contest between the two of them to see which of them can invent the most cunning trap and snare the other.

(Note: For health and safety reasons-we do NOT recommend this activity. Melany is pretty judgemental on what makes a good trap and those that fail to entertain her may lead to their creators being digested.)

Also-anyone who has ever woken up in the early morning missing a few magical artifacts may want a little word with Subeta as well. Word of caution-the fact you woke up at all means she likes you. Don't push your luck.

Sadly-I can see why someone would be tempted to trap dear sweet Temi. Having a healer on hand is very handy. Of course-Both Crisis and Katrika take a dim view of this as does Alvar and the rest of Temi's pack. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

As a final note-for some reason Lephia has quite a few people trying to trap her. Can't imagine why.

*SMASH CRASH (and other noises associated with valuble objects breaking*

Oh wait-yes I can.

Ahem

Anyone hunting Lephia (aka "Leppy" ) is advised to leave the net at home and use a large heavy hammer.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 2:39 pm

First of all, anyone who uses the excuse "Felaryan fairies are different from the norm" obviously has no knowledge of folklore, particularly that which involves fairies.

In folklore, fairies were VERY rarely benevolent or harmless. They tended to be amoral pricks who pulled heartless, often lethal pranks. Some of them were tiny, some were considerably larger and more physically powerful.

Hell, do you know why they're called "The fair folk"? Because people were afraid if they offended them, then fairies would seek vengeance.

But to answer the original question, people hunt fairies simply because fairies are dangerous.

Plus with some A1 sauce, they make for gooooooooooooood eatin'. XP
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 2:59 pm

Anyone who has read "Lords and Ladies" by the great Terry Pratchett will know just how terrible the "Fair Folk" can be.

Or indeed "Faerie Tale" by the equally great Raymond E Feist

Very Happy

If anyone knows how a fairy tastes-it'd be Ryla.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why are fairies hunted?   Why are fairies hunted? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why are fairies hunted?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2