Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A World Thought Fictional

Go down 
+9
Archmage_Bael
tiastus
Darkstorm Zero
bigman27622
mdbear84
schoolhater
Tuc135
Reptillian
The Joker
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:15 am

(i don't really think it was harsh at all, if he had taken the time to actually read the rules on page one, first post, he would know that what he was writing SUCKED)
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
mdbear84
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
mdbear84

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:08 am

As Liena left the cave, Ryan couldn't help but laugh to himself. "First a dridder's appetizer, then a dridder’s friend, now a dridder's pet," he thought to himself. Shrugging, he walked over to Myrah and sat down with his legs dangling over the edge of the counter. "Anyway, Myrah, You don't have to use this batter for just fish. It’s good with just about anything, really. Of course, I couldn't tell you how well it goes with humans, but I wouldn't recommend it."

"If you liked the spice, I have several Cajun recipes to give you if you want them. My grandparents taught me. In fact, my grandma taught me this awesome Cajun seafood gumbo recipe that you might like, but I digress. Let me know when you’re ready for the batter recipe.”
Back to top Go down
http://mdbear84.deviantart.com/
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

Location : Chances are between someone's esophagus and duodenum

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:24 pm

“Mmm. Hold that thought,” Myrah said, finishing off another bite of the fried fish. Setting down the rest of the fish, she scurried into one of the other chambers connecting to the kitchen. The sounds of rummaging could be heard, and moments later Myrah returned. She held a piece of parchment, a pot of ink, and a pen made from an iridescent blue river harpy feather. She spread the parchment out on a clean portion of the counter, and dipped the pen in the ink well. “Alright, I’m ready to hear the recepe. Oh, and your name too, credit where credit’s due,” Myrah said.

“So, does this mean the replacement meal is acceptable?” Douglas asked.

“I’d say it does,” Myrah said, glancing over at Douglas. “Besides, Liena was helping you. If she wants you alive, well, I value her friendship more than a meal. And of course, the fish was very good.”
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 8:43 am

Niklas had found all the spices he needed and was walking down to brent, who was still chopping away for him. "Thanks for helping Brent"
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 9:01 am

"It's nothing, Niklas. I'm just happy to help." Brent said, having finished the garlic clove and was slicing up a tomato, stopping for a moment to wipe the sweat off his brow. "You wouldn't mind telling me what exactly you're making for Myrah, would ya?"

Meanwhile, Liena had gone back to the river where she had gone fishing, trying to find where Ryan had placed the skins. "Ugh, where was that fishing spot exactly?" she asked herself, obviously having a bit of trouble.
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 9:23 am

"I'm not sure what it's called but all i do is roast the meat, then when it's almost done roasting, i put in the vegetables and let them roast with the meat. I then put the tomatoes and some water in, so that it's right between sauce and soup. Then it just need to sit for a while, to get the flavor out" Niklas said and oushed the spoon onto another heating rune.
Back to top Go down
mdbear84
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
mdbear84

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 5:05 pm

Ryan hesitated for a second or two. It was hard for him to just say it. He had kept it secret all his life and now he was just gonna give it away. But it was to save his fellow man, which made him make up his mind. "Ok, Liena. My name is Ryan and this is the recipe for my Cajun... that's C... A... J... U... N... beer batter." He began to list off the items he had always used for it. When he was finished, he smiled satisfied. "Of course you can always alter the amount of spice to make it more or less spicy, depending on your tastes. But that about does it. Just mix it up and your ready to dip and fry."
Back to top Go down
mdbear84
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
mdbear84

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 3:43 pm

(bump)
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:23 pm

"Ah, okay." Brent said to Niklas, still slicing up vegetables with the knife. "Hmmm...so any specific meat you plan on using?" he asked.

Meanwhile, Liena was still searching for the kensha beast skins. She then looked to see a duiker, which was sniffing at the kensha beast skins. Smiling to herself, she quickly grabbed the duiker and snapped it's neck, and grabbed Ryan's skins. She then thought that the duiker would make good meat for Niklas' meal, and headed back to Myrah's cave.
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 10:28 pm

"yeah, i'm gonna use this bird like meat i found earlier" Niklas said and got the meat from behind some vegetables.
Back to top Go down
Tsurugi
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:11 am

(Mind if I join in despite being a newbie on the forums? XD)
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:33 am

(i don't mind...but maybe you should wait for a better opening^^')
Back to top Go down
Tsurugi
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:34 am

(Good idea....I will)
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:38 am

Myrah wrote quickly, recording down the recipes as Ryan and Niklas listed off the ingredients and instructions. Underneath each recipe she dutifully wrote who gave it to her. Doug also spoke up, telling her how he made the chocolate and peanut butter snack, which she also recorded.

“Well, that’s that,” Myrah said, setting down the quill pen as she finished recording. “You don’t need to rush your cooking now, you’re not on a time limit anymore.”

“So, what now?” Doug asked, as the second giant reeses cup was finished. Myrah shrugged as she finished off one piece of the fish, and started trying the reeses cup.

“Not bad. Anyway, that depends on what you wanted to do. You all are free to go, I could take you back to where that metal thing you used to ride around in,” Myrah said, snacking on the reeses cup. “After you finish the meal of course. Or we could work something out.”

(That would be fine Tsurugi)
Back to top Go down
mdbear84
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
mdbear84

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Ryan had to admit, Doug had a good question. There were so many options to consider. Should they stay with Myrah or Liena? Should they make for the city of Negav? Should they explore, stay together, or go their separate ways? Ryan never counted himself among the experts in Felaryan survival. But he was good at survival on Earth, still no expert, but decent enough to live for a while. If they were to survive, he had to know exactly where they were. That way, he would know witch way to head. He knew that the Big Tree was Northwest of Negav and if they were north or west of that, they would have to make a wide birth of it to avoid being eaten by Crisis (should they plan on opting for Negav).

And what about the driders they had just met? Could they help somehow? It was possible. Ryan looked up and dridder and smiled. "Tell you what, Myrah. Give us a sec to talk about it and we will let you know. " He then beckoned to each human present over to a corner of the counter to share his mind with them. He slid out of the sword and sheath and placed it on the ground before him before sitting in the lotus position. "So," he began, "just to make sure, are we all familiar with where we are and what may be required to survive here?"
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 2:47 am

"Dude...of course we know where we are. Where in the universe could we find dridders...giant dridders while we're on the subject" Niklas said. "and what we need to survive is speed...stealth won't help against the predator sense...and i have to admit, i don't have that much speed"
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 12:07 pm

When Brent saw that Ryan was beckoning himself along with the others, he stopped slicing the vegetables and walked over to where everyone else was. Once Niklas had said his peace, Brent replied with, "That, and I think we need a few aces in the hole, like something that can make a predator throw up, or some sort of teleportation spell, or something like that."

"Of course, we could always stay with one of the dridders we met, but I'm not sure if Myrah's too keen on letting a bunch of humans she doesn't even know stay with her. Liena probably would let us stay with her...of course, she'd probably have us as an appetizer every once in a while. I'm assuming she had you as an appetizer when you met her, right Ryan?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
mdbear84
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
mdbear84

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Ryan was completely caught off guard with Niklas's statement. Ok, so maybe he he had met these people in the forums after all. He was so caught by it that he almost missed the question directed to him by Brent. "Hmm? Oh... ya. When we first met, first thing she did was pop me in her mouth and suck on me. But there was no permant damage done. Just my pride, really. She just ate not to long ago, so we should be good for a while, I supose."

" Seeing as it seems you guys are from the forums as well, I guess that a different greeting is in order." Ryan couldn't help but smile. It all seemed corny and rather ironic that they were all here, but he decided that it was probably for a good reason. "I'm mdbear84"
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:29 pm

“The forum? I go by Tuc there,” Doug said, joining in the discussion with the other humans. “Brent’s right, Myrah probably wouldn’t want us sticking around, not unless we could provide more recipes to her. I’d say we’d be better off with Liena. If I remember right, she only drinks blood, which makes it too inconvenient to eat humans. Anyway, I can tolerate being tasted, if it means I live to see another day. Hopefully, we could convince Myrah to give us a little food for the road.”
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:44 pm

"Exactly. I'd much rather stay with someone who at least has some respect for us then someone who thinks of us as nothing more than pieces of meat that can make food for her. No offense, Doug, but her ruining your car made me lose a bit of respect for her. Sorry." Brent said, saying the last part to Doug in an apologetic tone.

"Huh...come to think of it, I don't know if we'll even need to get food from Myrah. Liena is a friend with a fruit tree dryad after all, and we could get some fruit from her. Heck, she could even give us a ride to Negav so we could check things out there. We should finish what we started and clean up before we leave, though. It'd be rather rude if we didn't. Anyway, I go by 'The Joker' on the forums. Pleasure to meet you, mdbear!" he said with a smile.

That was when Liena came back into the cave, going over to where the humans were having their discussion. "Hey...um...Niklas, was it? I've got a duiker right here if you want to use it's meat for that meal."
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:24 pm

Niklas looked up at Liena as she said his name. "Oh thanks, but i already have some meat" He said and turned to the other humans again. "I'm Reptillian, on the forums" He said.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:42 am

"Oh, okay then! I'll just save this for Jayla then!" Liena said with a smile, placing the duiker on the table and slicing the vegetables where Brent had left off, wanting to help out a bit. She couldn't hear what the other humans were talking about, but she figured it was none of her business anyway.
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 7:41 am

“It sounds like we’re decided then. We’ll throw in our lot with Liena,” Doug said. He looked up, seeing what the two dridders were doing. Myrah was still snacking on the fried fish and the reeses while writing something on the piece of parchment. It appeared she was creating a new recipe, based of the ones she just obtained, to try in the future. Doug was a bit disturbed to see ‘human’ on the list of ingredients. Hastily, he looked towards Liena instead, where she was cutting the vegetables with a massive knife. Slowly, Doug walked towards her.

“Hey, um, Liena?” Doug asked, a little nervous to be speaking to a gargantuan dridder. “Do you have a moment to talk?”
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 7:42 am

Ben had finally finished burning away the entanglement of webs and walked back towards Wal and his bike.

"Thats better, now I can finally get out of here and find out where I am." he said as he restarted the engine, slowly moving out.
Back to top Go down
http://darkstormzero.deviantart.com/
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:01 pm

"Hmm? Oh, hello!" Liena said to Doug as she put down the knife, smiling at him as she gently picked him up and placed in the palm of her hand, bringing him up to her face. "I've got a moment. What you want to talk about?"

---------------------------------------

The dryad heard the humming from the odd vehicle again as Ben restarted his motorcycle. She half wondered if whoever was operating that vehicle would come in her direction. Thinking about this prospect made her decide to use her magic to blend in with the rest of the greenery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A World Thought Fictional   A World Thought Fictional - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A World Thought Fictional
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next