Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Personal Announcements Thread

Go down 
+104
The Sketch Knight
dragon808tr
Lockheed X-17
Scryangi
Sprix
Bandur Khan
Mr. I
Americanhero45
CrisisOperations
Thywolf
hhhat09
Zephyr102
Venom Agato
Zhivago
JohnboyX
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
Solomon
Darth_Nergal
W-3-K
Ilceren
Komandr2465
DarkOne
Gabriel115
Chihiro Fujisaki
Darkstorm Zero
Claire
AzureJass
Tango
Prof.Nekko
parameciumkid
MetaSkipper
timing2
McKindle
MrNobody13
Beefnautz
Lobo
Nickonaquamagna
TheArchvile
buddha66667
Vaderaz
Black Hole Fragment
Amaroq
walkingbyself
zersergathant
kikijonson
Sehoolighan
Goldclaw
sparkythechu
space_samurai
vore4life99
Krisexy26
thejackle123
ravaging vixen
Zillachary
luke112
Davis
Shady Knight
Saironthis
Salvyrn
Feadraug
TheLightLost
Slimetoad
Rodeo
tkh1304
Jasconius
Boris92
aethernavale
French snack
Jew
DaNoob13
alliance
spike833
VenomX3000
Zoekin
SuperPieGuy9
Nyaha
Googlememan
Warrior3000
AisuKaiko
Pendragon
Byakugan01
Karbo
DeviantDiscordian
observer88
Stabs
ZionAtriedes
Reptillian
gwadahunter2222
FalconJudge
Oldman40k2003
pyrryn
nksrocks
Archmage_Bael
Jætte_Troll
Anime-Junkie
kaitheguy1234
mikeimp
codaman
Asuroth
The Rev
CauldronBorn24
rcs619
/Fish/
108 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
French snack
French snack

Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 3:16 am

Very sorry to hear about your dog, Darkstorm… :/
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 12:12 pm

I have returned as an active member and I hope to continue and remain so.
Back to top Go down
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 8:43 pm

Alright. I have returned from the quest of job hunting and other personal stuff. Been... I guess since '11 when I went into inactivity. >.>

Anyways. I am back and will possibly finish up Luna's Tale.
Back to top Go down
http://daren-blackfang.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 1:04 pm

I must now take my leave as a regular member of the forum.

This isn't due to friction. I've known friction a hundred times in this place, and I still love it as much as I've ever loved anything. For the first time in my life, pathetic as this sounds, I felt no one would judge me for being myself, that those useless things that made me more than a scorecard were encouraged rather than detested. I've learned a lot about myself here. I've felt free here more than anywhere, and despite the occassional tedium, I always look forward to next time. 'sides, there's no real friction going on now. I'd have to be one to hold grudges. I did want to end this note on a note about how I feel about Felarya, but really, I think I forgot all about that already.

The matter is that I got a scholarship grant to study for a Master's degree at a very prestigious institute (much against my expectations. I've always considered myself a mediocre student at best, and every datum I submitted to apply for the scholarship only helped me confirm this). For obvious reasons I'm not about to name it online, but it's a very demanding place, where failures that once would've been overlooked will now make me a dropout. I always dreaded that one day my ability to focus would be put to the test (I'm a scatterbrain if there was ever one), but this opportunity is too good to pass up just because I'm afraid. A lot becomes a waste if I fail, but that's only all the more reason not to fail.

I crave this on a personal level as well. I'm moving, and I'll be living away from home for the duration of the scholarship, which is a welcome change for me, though I anticipate complications and difficulties, even if I don't know what they'll be. My degree thesis also felt like no achievement; I created nothing, I merely applied a heat treatment which I knew would work, after applying so many that I knew wouldn't, just to confirm that was still the case. A master's thesis might be more demanding, but I'll know this time that it IS a true achievement, and considering the prestige of this institute, it HAS to be an achievement. The classes are also tempting, as I feel rather insecure about the syllabus of my alma mater: getting a broader base of knowledge would be a welcome reassurance. It would be nice to have something to show for my education.

There were ideas I still had, guys, and maybe if I can still muster the interest when the holidays come, they'll see the light of day. I never finished Codename Hydra nor gave The Joy of Hunting a proper ending, and there were several one-shots that I still wanted to try out: making sequels to the visual novel seeing how many of Karbo's characters I can use, drawing some more, writing a hand-to-hand fight between Natalie and Marcel where I could emphasize the vitriolic contrast between what they consider fighters (Natalie belongs to Turboman500), writing a new character to make a deal with Eleonore she wouldn't be able to keep (Elli AKA Eleonore belongs to TheWiking2000), having someone bust out of Milly's cage as I described to her owner, then have the cellular shenanigans from Free Radicals spilling into her brain (Milly belongs to FrenchSnack). Maybe write a chapter of Codename Hydra where they meet someone from Ayralef, just to show the FOOD guys that another world is possible, no matter how hopeless, or how much of a flight of fancy it may seem (Ayralef belongs to jakethecardsculptor), or have Elsie meet Fel so as to have a little heart-to-heart between my existentialist ho and his vengeful bro while she channels Stanley Ipkiss and he channels The Mask (Fel belongs to lordmep).

The earlier paragraph isn't just to create hype, at least, not hype for the possibility I may come back. We all know the forum's been slow, but the forum's not the only indicator of interest in Felarya. There's over a thousand members in the dA group alone, many of which have written stories, and even if I fail to give them feedback, they inspire me just as much as when I first joined and there was nothing but potential. But I've come to learn I like lurking in the shadows and minding my own business, doing what I do for no other reason than because I know, for certain, that this is something I decided by myself, simply because I wanted to. If you ever think the curtains are down, that the story's finished, that it's time to go home and forget about it, just go to dA. Turboman and Shady might have some topic to discuss, and there'll be no silence there! There's still a lot of people you can meet who are doing their best.

If all goes well, I'll be on the Master's degree program for two years, hopefully learning all they have to teach about solid state physics and atomic reactions. I'll get on maybe once a month if I'm lucky, and obviously, I won't be able to read all Felarya stories that anyone ever writes anymore. I'll probably be writing other things, too, with way more science and a lotta less fiction.

I hope all of you enjoy this place as much as I did, for as long as you care to stay.
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 2:20 pm

All the best mate Smile
Back to top Go down
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 2:44 pm

Farewell and do good till we meet again. It's been reassuring to me of having a Mod and most importantly a friend like you. Atomize those rocks and stay frosty for me buddy Smile
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 3:49 pm

Wow. Stabs leaving semi-permanently for an extended amount of time. Never thought I'd see that happen. O.o It's kinda' surreal, really.

Anyway, I wish you the best at your education, even if it will make you even more smarter than me. ^_^ Grumble, grumble jealous grumble
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Mr. I
Marauder of the deep jungle
Mr. I

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 5:29 pm

Best of luck to you, Stabs. Do well and you'll be earning the big bucks :3
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 8:14 pm

I wish you the best of luck Stabs. Congrats on the scholarship, and do your best. I know you'll succeed. So farewell until you return to us. :hug:
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 4:29 am

Man Stabs, I remember when you joined. Its sad to see you move to the "infrequent visitor" status. I know its for a good reason though. I know it'll be tempting to come back like every day and check. I know that I come back and check the forum every day I'm physically able to just out of sheer habit.

Make it count, buddy. I'll be here when you get back.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 3:02 am

Fare you well for now then, Stabs. Congratulations, and best of luck with your studies! I hope you enjoy them, and that they're interesting and all you've hoped for.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 4:10 pm

Well I am sad that we will see you less often in this forum... but in the same time  I am very very happy for you Smile This looks like an incredible opportunity, the kind that can change one's life. So grab it dude and don't let it go Wink
I want to thank you for all you have done , the sheer amount of energy you put in that world, the time you invested in the forums, your stories, your drawings, your ideas, your game and your great job as a moderator through good as well as bad times.
Thank you !  I wish you the best in that road and I hope to see you around in the future. you'll be always welcome here  Wink
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 2:27 am

I wish you the best Stabs. Be sure to take a stab at that higher education. You've got my support.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 6:12 am

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Good luck and godspeed Stabs!
Back to top Go down
http://darkstormzero.deviantart.com/
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 9:29 am

I am going to be very busy for the next couple of days at the fort and in my personal life. I'm trying to finish some things I set for goals on here and at home with the utmost personal concentration. (I'm sick of looking at progress not being made because i feel like i distract myself too much at times). If you catch me on skype, you can holla at me a little bit. As for now keep it brief for me if you would please, as much fun as y'all are, you so lovably distracting =w= . Will be back to lax and casual by the end of the week...Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Mr. I
Mr. I

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:18 am

I'd just like to let everyone know that I'll be on a camping trip leaving on this Thursday morning the 10th. I'll be back sometime on Sunday the 13th. As I'll have little to no Internet connection, I'll be on Skype or the forum barely if at all.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 11:22 am

Have fun camping Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 3:16 pm

Back in action! (Well...At least more so then i have been), i'll start posting some crazy fun stuff and ideas now and finally get around to finishing this blasted E3 contest. That Dude deserves his quality 50$ gaming card! On another note, welcome back to school everyone, lets hope we get another year of critical thinking, drama, learning, and being vore/giantess/crazy world/random/conspiracy theorist/anime/gamer lovers. Razz
Back to top Go down
hhhat09
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
hhhat09

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 4:29 pm

Welcome back to the action, Vix xD Always a pleasure Smile
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 10:14 pm

My mom has had her wisdom teeth removed and until she forms a permanent clot in the hole? I may need to stay up with her. I may not be on Skype as much and when I am I'll likely be more distracted than usual so be patient. If you're wondering why a sixty year old woman has to have her wisdom teeth removed? Her parents were barbarians who only had children for slaves and didn't even bother keeping them healthy. Shocked Terrible stuff happened to her before she left them. I often tell her she should write a dramitic novel cause almost everybody would find it hard to believe and those always make the best true stories right?
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 4:20 pm

I hope your mom ends up being ok. =<
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:38 pm

I just wanted to let you guys know I'll be unreachable through Skype (or any other way, really) at American afternoon times. I got a copy of Dying Light and I am spending pretty much all my free time on it. I will still check the forum before going to bed as usual, and appear briefly at the chatbox to get the logs. If you want to contact me for any reason, a PM here or a Note over at dA should do the trick.
Back to top Go down
Thywolf
Great warrior
Great warrior
Thywolf

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 9:18 am

Ilceren wrote:
I got a copy of Dying Light and I am spending pretty much all my free time on it.

You realize this means we can be friends til probably my next paycheck. :C

Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 8:31 pm

Okay so I don't want to freak any of you out buuuuut there's a blizzard heading towards me and it may knock out my power. < <; If it does? Yeah you won't be seeing me for a while. I hope it doesn't cause I love talking to you and having just a wood stove for heat? Well it won't be pleasent let's just say that.
Back to top Go down
hhhat09
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
hhhat09

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 10:13 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
Okay so I don't want to freak any of you out buuuuut there's a blizzard heading towards me and it may knock out my power. < <; If it does? Yeah you won't be seeing me for a while. I hope it doesn't cause I love talking to you and having just a wood stove for heat? Well it won't be pleasent let's just say that.

It's coming for ya bro
It hit my place already, NJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Personal Announcements Thread
Page 34 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next