Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Little Felarya game ideas.

Go down 
+17
Feadraug
Prof.Nekko
Hatter
FalconJudge
DeviantDiscordian
gwadahunter2222
lami
PrinnyDood
bigman27622
The Rev
Claire
Archmage_Bael
Jætte_Troll
zalzas
codaman
Warrior3000
Karbo
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:49 am

Thank you Hatter and welcome ! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Hatter
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:19 am

lami wrote:
{more RPG banter}
um, no not really, while yes, there are alot of variables, the thing that makes RPGs easy to program isnt the lack of them, it's the lack of specific actions(like jumping on an enemy, very annoying to program for beginners.), behavior(read: collision detections and general physics), and most importantly AI, these are all very important and often time consuming areas to write for a game, and they require alot of debugging, by contrast, variables are just busy work,
and as for map making, thats important for nearly every game.

that said, there actually is a nifty program that will do everything you asked for in the former, I'm not quite sure if its free. but a slime vore game was made for it. certainly humble beginnings, as there isn't much content but writing and a few pictures (no music :[ ) but on the other hand, it works very well with the abundance of writers that we have here. the trouble would be getting everyones ideas to flow,
http://www.ragsgame.com/OurProducts.aspx
heres the link.

[even more RPG banter]
I don't think so, making a platformer is much easier. All right, the physic modells and the AI can be hard. But if you have done it you just have to create a few dozen levels where you use it. Smooth. But in a RPG (in a good RPG anyway) the player can go back and forth in the world so you have to be careful with the trigger events, enemies and variables. And of course you have to make a decent save-system what looks pretty easy but it really isn't. I think the reason why there are a very few amateour RPGs (aside of the RPG Maker games), that the people who try to make one got tired of it in halfway.
[even more RPG banter OFF]

Thank you very much for the link. :-) I'll be honest, I don't relly like these (too) simple game-creators. That is pretty cool that people who are not practiced in programming can make their own games. But since I learned programming for a few years I found these programs pretty narrow (Is this the good word? Eh, doesn't matter.). I prefer Game Maker -> http://www.gamemaker.nl . It has a simple drang'n'drop system for newbies and a pretty well-done Delphi-based OOP languange wherewith you can do almost anything in your program. So, if you really gonna make a Felarya game I would recommend this. And if you need an almost-programmer for it I am here (I alredy have the "diploma" but I have a very-very lot to learn). :-)
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:34 pm

Hatter wrote:
lami wrote:
{more RPG banter}
um, no not really, while yes, there are alot of variables, the thing that makes RPGs easy to program isnt the lack of them, it's the lack of specific actions(like jumping on an enemy, very annoying to program for beginners.), behavior(read: collision detections and general physics), and most importantly AI, these are all very important and often time consuming areas to write for a game, and they require alot of debugging, by contrast, variables are just busy work,
and as for map making, thats important for nearly every game.

that said, there actually is a nifty program that will do everything you asked for in the former, I'm not quite sure if its free. but a slime vore game was made for it. certainly humble beginnings, as there isn't much content but writing and a few pictures (no music :[ ) but on the other hand, it works very well with the abundance of writers that we have here. the trouble would be getting everyones ideas to flow,
http://www.ragsgame.com/OurProducts.aspx
heres the link.

[even more RPG banter]
I don't think so, making a platformer is much easier. All right, the physic modells and the AI can be hard. But if you have done it you just have to create a few dozen levels where you use it. Smooth. But in a RPG (in a good RPG anyway) the player can go back and forth in the world so you have to be careful with the trigger events, enemies and variables. And of course you have to make a decent save-system what looks pretty easy but it really isn't. I think the reason why there are a very few amateour RPGs (aside of the RPG Maker games), that the people who try to make one got tired of it in halfway.
[even more RPG banter OFF]

Thank you very much for the link. :-) I'll be honest, I don't relly like these (too) simple game-creators. That is pretty cool that people who are not practiced in programming can make their own games. But since I learned programming for a few years I found these programs pretty narrow (Is this the good word? Eh, doesn't matter.). I prefer Game Maker -> http://www.gamemaker.nl . It has a simple drang'n'drop system for newbies and a pretty well-done Delphi-based OOP languange wherewith you can do almost anything in your program. So, if you really gonna make a Felarya game I would recommend this. And if you need an almost-programmer for it I am here (I alredy have the "diploma" but I have a very-very lot to learn). :-)
as you can see from another game in here, game maker isn't exactly a quality piece of software if you're going to make a platformer thats bug free, its most basic collision detections don't work simply at all, hours of debugging and i still cant prevent sticking.

as for good RPGs, that would be beyond the scope, because there are very few RPGs that i think are good, there are quite a few 'rpg's with fun combat systems ( like seiken densetsu 1) but finding a good "Role"playing game is nearly impossible. although i hear mass effect is pretty good, it's still a bioware game. the kind of RPG I'm suggesting probably wouldnt be much more complicated than final fantasy 1 or 3.

oh, and save systems are very easy, just time consuming, they require a lot of variables and some handshaking, which RPGs have in abundance, but anyone can do variables and set flags. now, if you want to encrypt them so players cant tamper with their saves, i have no idea.

as for using 3rd party software, Don't reinvent the wheel, plenty of professional game developers use prebuilt engines for their game, game making tools and platforms aren't much different, I honestly think the game making program you plan on using is entirely Dependant on the goal of the game in general, game maker would probably handle a top down action game very well, but i still have my doubts about platforming games for it.
Back to top Go down
Hatter
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 7:04 am

lami wrote:
as you can see from another game in here, game maker isn't exactly a quality piece of software if you're going to make a platformer thats bug free, its most basic collision detections don't work simply at all, hours of debugging and i still cant prevent sticking.

as for good RPGs, that would be beyond the scope, because there are very few RPGs that i think are good, there are quite a few 'rpg's with fun combat systems ( like seiken densetsu 1) but finding a good "Role"playing game is nearly impossible. although i hear mass effect is pretty good, it's still a bioware game. the kind of RPG I'm suggesting probably wouldnt be much more complicated than final fantasy 1 or 3.

oh, and save systems are very easy, just time consuming, they require a lot of variables and some handshaking, which RPGs have in abundance, but anyone can do variables and set flags. now, if you want to encrypt them so players cant tamper with their saves, i have no idea.

as for using 3rd party software, Don't reinvent the wheel, plenty of professional game developers use prebuilt engines for their game, game making tools and platforms aren't much different, I honestly think the game making program you plan on using is entirely Dependant on the goal of the game in general, game maker would probably handle a top down action game very well, but i still have my doubts about platforming games for it.

I would disagree. Game Maker is a pretty good software for any kind of games. Well, except 3D. But if you settle for 2D it is almost perfect, for platformers too. There is one of the few dozen unfinished projects of mine. I experiented with an "endless level" engine, a gigantic room without any loading.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WK0LJARH
[Controls: <A>-left <D>-right <space>-Jump <F2>-restart <F4>-switch fullscreen/window mode; Feel free to fall, you will probably land on solid ground. If not, there is the F2.]

Your platformer looks pretty fun. Beating up other people is always a good concept. :-) If you think send the gm-file to me, maybe I can help with the sticking problem.

I'm not really into newer games (my PC couldn't run them anyway), I am a total retro gamer. If RPG then the best game of all time is Chrono Trigger. Simply perfect. But Final Fantasy III is also pretty good.

For save states, probably you are right. To be honest, none of my RPG projects gone far enough to have a decent save-system. The encryption is not that hard, you just have to mess with the ASCII codes.

Yeah, the professionals usually use previous engines, they just polish it a bit. Lazy bastards. :-)
Well, there can be serious differences between program and program. For example the program what you linked is pretty simple compered to the RPG Maker series. And even that is limited to the Game Maker. But you are right, everybody choose the one that fits them.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:32 pm

Hatter wrote:
lami wrote:

I would disagree. Game Maker is a pretty good software for any kind of games. Well, except 3D. But if you settle for 2D it is almost perfect, for platformers too. There is one of the few dozen unfinished projects of mine. I experiented with an "endless level" engine, a gigantic room without any loading.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WK0LJARH
[Controls: <A>-left <D>-right <space>-Jump <F2>-restart <F4>-switch fullscreen/window mode; Feel free to fall, you will probably land on solid ground. If not, there is the F2.]

Your platformer looks pretty fun. Beating up other people is always a good concept. :-) If you think send the gm-file to me, maybe I can help with the sticking problem.

I'm not really into newer games (my PC couldn't run them anyway), I am a total retro gamer. If RPG then the best game of all time is Chrono Trigger. Simply perfect. But Final Fantasy III is also pretty good.

For save states, probably you are right. To be honest, none of my RPG projects gone far enough to have a decent save-system. The encryption is not that hard, you just have to mess with the ASCII codes.

Yeah, the professionals usually use previous engines, they just polish it a bit. Lazy bastards. :-)
Well, there can be serious differences between program and program. For example the program what you linked is pretty simple compered to the RPG Maker series. And even that is limited to the Game Maker. But you are right, everybody choose the one that fits them.
thats because its tailor made to produce the kind of game you where suggesting, why use game maker when they already have most of the work done for you with this?
Back to top Go down
Hatter
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 6:40 am

lami wrote:
thats because its tailor made to produce the kind of game you where suggesting, why use game maker when they already have most of the work done for you with this?

Well, maybe it's just my personal whim. If I write a program I want it to be as quality as it is possible, and for that most game creators are pretty limited. Plus it feels great to create something from nothing, with all your hearth. When you done you just look at it and think "Oh, yeah... this is mine.". Hm. I think I have to get more sleep I became sentimental.
Anyway, code a point'n'click engine in Game Maker is pretty simple and you can easily add minigames to it if you wish.
Back to top Go down
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 11:41 pm

well you know I actually came up with a Felarya fighter game concept before (yes I am aware it was mentioned earlier, but I'd toss in my 2 cents here)

basically I came up with a storyline, some characters to use, and the style of which the fighting would be done

For the story I thought up there was basically a rare star appears in the sky of Felarya one day called the champion's star, that would grant a wish to one who would enter in a fighting tournament for the prize of one wish that could be anything, and so the battle begins, with everyone having their wish and a will to win ^_^

The characters I thought up (at least from Karbo) were Crisis, Anna, and Vivian, each fighting for their own goals (I was thinking Crisis is just after free food, Anna to become human again, and Vivian for something naughty / other thing relevant to her interests) but there would be more of course, and they would have their own wishes to be granted too.

as for the style, I was thinking something like Marvel vs Capcom where it is a one on one match with a support character you can choose (they would be the artists / non-giant characters) that can do a special attack mid fight. I thought of this because if someone was good enough working with MUGEN, they might be able to figure something out. As for me, this is just my 2 cents like I said
Back to top Go down
Claire
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Claire

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 6:02 am

makeing a concept screen shot, of my idea of a felarya fighting game!!!.

I decided to do it, cuase there was much talk about it in the ventrillo channel. so i decided to do something fun and non serious for a change. Just to take a brake from all the art drama i'm haveing

This is just the Layout of it. i'll draw the characters background and stuff when i get the chance and see what you all think of itz. Its based off of the new fighting game Blazblue.

MAN, if i knew how to use mugen i would of made a Felarya fighting game a while ago. but meh. if anyone knows how to use mugen and wants to help me out please let me know.

]MASUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMI PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH

Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 FFGAMEPREVIEW
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 6:34 am

Mugen can be quite tricky, if you ask me. Sure you can make characters and all, but you can get either a master piece or a regular character or a piece of crap. Also, the Mugen community tends to criticise a lot other people's job, so if you're working on Mugen you better mentalize for dealing with some painful feedback.

So yeah, that's how Mugen currently works.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Claire
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Claire

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 7:04 am

Feadraug wrote:
Mugen can be quite tricky, if you ask me. Sure you can make characters and all, but you can get either a master piece or a regular character or a piece of crap. Also, the Mugen community tends to criticise a lot other people's job, so if you're working on Mugen you better mentalize for dealing with some painful feedback.

So yeah, that's how Mugen currently works.

i'm not personally working with mugen. but who cares how much people criticise, i am already dealing with enough of that with my art Neutral

i'm just doing a concept picture just to have fun cheers
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:25 am

Fine then. I was just pointing it out, in case anyone actually wanted to work on Mugen for that. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Flare
Survivor
Survivor
Flare

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:40 pm

What about some kind of text-based game, like in Ye Olde Days of Gaming?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:20 pm

someone could work with rpg maker or something. i dont think felarya looking like soulcalibur or street fighter would get too far.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:45 am

Well this would be difficult to do, but that would definitely look neat I think lol!
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Claire
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Claire

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:34 am

it was a stupid idea anyways....
Back to top Go down
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:57 pm

no, there is no such thing as a bad idea... but there is an idea that was thought up for the wrong thing or at the wrong time.. in this case.. its a bad time.. because alot of work will be put into something that doesn't require THAT MUCH... but it still isn't a bad idea...
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 7:26 am

I'd love to make a game, but my life has gotten REALLY busy lately. I might be able to find some time to help out with some programming if someone were to start working on one, though.
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:25 pm

Well, everyone seems to have their own idea of what it should be.

So far, the suggestions seem to be a platformer, fighting game, click and point adventure or a full RPG. Maybe a vote? : P
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 6:17 pm

well i WOULD start on it on rpg maker. i have a friend whos made several games on it, i could ask him.

he's on deviantart if anyone wants to message him about that. XD however he is currently making a video game, so we'd have to wait another half year probably.
http://thepsynergist.deviantart.com/

however if we really want to, then i think someone should just start cus talk wont get too far when it comes to programming. Razz
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:37 pm

You could always try to make a Felarya mod of a roguelike game such as dwarf fortress etc.

The graphics are a bit of a problem I suppose, but other than that I think it would reflect felarya well.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 11:27 pm

I'd suggest doing a browser RPG like BiteFight, Mafia Wars, or Star Wars Combine.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:27 pm

can anyone make a felarya mod for oblivion? XD
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 9:55 pm

I thought about what that'd be like. It's be freakin' amazing! Sadly, I don't think there's a way to create giant nagas or harpies in Oblivion.
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 5:19 pm

dlausactor6373 wrote:
I thought about what that'd be like. It's be freakin' amazing! Sadly, I don't think there's a way to create giant nagas or harpies in Oblivion.

It's possible, it would just take a LOT of work to do. You'd almost have to create the 3d models from scratch.
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 5:39 pm

Plus, it would be even harder to put together a convincing setup where the nagas and harpies can eat people.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Felarya game ideas.   Little Felarya game ideas. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little Felarya game ideas.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2