Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halo movies confirmed... as anime?

Go down 
+9
Sillysausage
Clayvman
lami
Jætte_Troll
Archmage_Bael
Flare
Pendragon
codaman
DeviantDiscordian
13 posters

Is a Halo anime a good idea?
Yes.
Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Vote_lcap26%Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Vote_rcap
 26% [ 7 ]
Don't know.
Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Vote_lcap33%Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 9 ]
No.
Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Vote_lcap15%Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
Jesus Christ it's a lion! Get in the car! >:3
Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Vote_lcap26%Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Vote_rcap
 26% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
DeviantDiscordian
Hero
Hero
DeviantDiscordian

Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Empty
PostSubject: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:14 am

Trailer here.
Confirmed to be a collection of seven (Bungie and their sevens...) short movies, likely released on Xbox Live.

I'm rather on the fence about this idea. I like Halo. I like anime. But I'm not sure I like Halo AS an anime.
Back to top Go down
http://one---winged---angel.deviantart.com/
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:34 am

halo as an anime? maybe not the best combo...
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 4:31 pm

Wow. I didn't think Halo could get worse.

Thanks Microsoft for proving me wrong. Maybe next you'll make it an RTS, or a full blown movie, or maybe an RPG. How about you make a chibi racing spinoff too while you're at it?
Back to top Go down
DeviantDiscordian
Hero
Hero
DeviantDiscordian

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 4:36 pm

There already is a Halo RTS. It's called Halo Wars. Never played it though.
Back to top Go down
Flare
Survivor
Survivor
Flare

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 5:17 pm

It's actually pretty good.

And to be honest, I'm glad they're going animated route. If they tried live-action, I imagine it would be quite expensive.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:06 am

live action? oh yeah. live action movie halo is currently in suspension due to peter jackson's involvement with the hobbit (yes. peter jackson was going to help with the halo movie that was orginally planned to be released in 2010. but not anymore)
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 1:27 pm

DeviantDiscordian wrote:
There already is a Halo RTS. It's called Halo Wars. Never played it though.

I know. I was being ironic.
Back to top Go down
DeviantDiscordian
Hero
Hero
DeviantDiscordian

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 1:36 pm

Ah, can't blame me though. Things like irony and sarcasm rarely tend to transmit well over the internet. ^^;
Back to top Go down
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:54 pm

DeviantDiscordian wrote:
Ah, can't blame me though. Things like irony and sarcasm rarely tend to transmit well over the internet. ^^;

true. and i think i know the perfect addition to completly destroy the whole halo thing....

ready?

kid show... lol

and yes. being sarcastic...
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:57 pm

Why get Halo Wars? Wait for Starcraft II. Heck, Halo pretty much ripped everything right off of Starcraft... which admittedly ripped off Aliens... which admittedly ripped off Starship Troopers (The book, not the crappy movies.) But at least Starcraft added a lot of extra development.

I'm not the biggest fan of Halo. I find a lot of the parts of it are cliche, both as science fiction and an FPS. I think a lot of the popularity was hype, after the first one.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:52 am

I'm really disappointed, i could care less about the anime, but they really should have just gave the funding for a RvB animated series. the short they showed at penny arcade was brilliant,

maybe they god a cease and desist from MS because they where working on the new halo series.
Back to top Go down
DeviantDiscordian
Hero
Hero
DeviantDiscordian

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:06 am

No, I've watched all of RvB, and they have finished it. Roosterteeth have no plans to make any more RVB.
Back to top Go down
Clayvman
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:43 pm

DeviantDiscordian wrote:
No, I've watched all of RvB, and they have finished it. Roosterteeth have no plans to make any more RVB.

On the contrary, they finished a new season called Reconstruction which brought everyone but Donut and Tucker back, and now is currently on episode 7 of Resurrection, which brought Donut and hopefully Tucker later back. RvB is still going on.
Back to top Go down
Sillysausage
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sillysausage

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:24 am

Halo... anime...

This is going to end horribly. I don't even like Halo much, but even it doesn't deserve whats almost certainly going to kill it dead.
Back to top Go down
http://ironkitty.deviantart.com/
DeviantDiscordian
Hero
Hero
DeviantDiscordian

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Reviving this because there is a new preview.(Which ends rather abruptly)

What's with all the hand to hand and jumping around?
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:38 pm

... Looks good.
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
JC-Dragon
Naga food
JC-Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 4:30 pm

Overall it looks good but the first preview showed varying styles of animation. I have a feeling this is going to be similar to the Animatrix where each episode is going to be drastically different in style. Though that wasn't a bad thing for the Animatrix I just hope that if it is that 4'C studio can pull it off again.
Back to top Go down
Foxhunter
Tasty morsel
Foxhunter

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:57 pm

o.O

That is all. Razz

Anime? Good god no.
Back to top Go down
Sillysausage
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sillysausage

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:46 pm

Saw the first couple of seconds: "Hey, this looks alright, no retarded hairdos or pretty boys."

A few seconds later: "Fuck. Spiky hair and pretty boys. And censored cussing."

Somewhat later: "Master Chief? I can't pinpoint it, but there's something wrong with you..."

"Oh, I got it. YOU LOOK SHIT AND NOTHING LIKE YOURSELF. GET OUT, IMPOSTER."

"What the fuck, is the ground made of glass or something? Why the hell is it breaking like that? And what are you guys doing, this is Halo, not Naruto, stop leaping around like dickheads. Oh yeah, and USE YOUR FUCKING GUNS."

Whoever thought Halo + Animu = Good needs to die in a fire for this foulness.
Back to top Go down
http://ironkitty.deviantart.com/
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:11 am

i personally prefer melee whenever i play halo^^ so i think it looks cool XD
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo movies confirmed... as anime?   Halo movies confirmed... as anime? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo movies confirmed... as anime?
Page 1 of 1