Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anime Live-Action Movies

Go down 
+2
/Fish/
dlausactor6373
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

Anime Live-Action Movies Empty
PostSubject: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 3:36 pm

With the recent increase of anime adaptations, some of them decent but most total crap, I believe that if studios want to make a good anime adaptation they should turn to the fans for their opinion and advice instead of trying to sucker them in for their hard-earned money. What anime adaptations would you guys like to see? Here is our first one:

Hellsing

Director: Sam Raimi

A secret society of vampire hunters meets their greatest threat in the form of a neo-Nazi terrorist organization bent on starting a third World War.

Cast:

Cate Blanchette as Integra Hellsing
Anime Live-Action Movies Cate-blanchettAnime Live-Action Movies Integrahellsing

Christian Bale, Sam Witwer, or Johnny Depp as Alucard
Anime Live-Action Movies Christian_bale_10Anime Live-Action Movies Sam-witwer-fujifilm-and-vault-host-the-mist-new-york-city-premiere-after-party-0z2P3ZAnime Live-Action Movies Johnny-depp1Anime Live-Action Movies 2whpah4

Emma Watson as Seras Victoria
Anime Live-Action Movies Emma-watson-deathAnime Live-Action Movies Seras_Victoria_by_jamespenguin

Hugo Weaving as Walter Dornez
Anime Live-Action Movies Hugo_weavingAnime Live-Action Movies 55651

Gerard Butler as Alexander Anderson
Anime Live-Action Movies Gerard_ButlerAnime Live-Action Movies AlexanderAnderson

Karl Urban as Luke Valentine
Anime Live-Action Movies KarlUrban_Grani_3086070_400Anime Live-Action Movies Lukevalentine

Jason Mewes as Jan Valentine
Anime Live-Action Movies Mewesjason_000Anime Live-Action Movies 6janhead

Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Alfred Molina, or Mark Hamill as the Major
Anime Live-Action Movies Philip-seymour-hoffmanAnime Live-Action Movies 47Anime Live-Action Movies Mark-hamillAnime Live-Action Movies 0

Last edited by dlausactor6373 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 4:02 pm

Have any anime/manga-to-live-action movie adaptations ever been good?

Oh wait, Riki-Oh. 'So bad it's the best movie ever'.

I know none of those names and am too lazy to look them up. I'm the kind of person that recognizes faces from one movie to the next and that's about it.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:24 pm

Some of them are decent enough to be called movies, but we all know what happened with Dragonball. There are anime out there that have the potential to be good films. It's just that the people making the films have no respect for the substance of the source material and instead rely on big-budget special effects, hoping it'll be enough to please the fans of the anime in question. It's like they think anime fans are retarded or something.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:30 pm

dlausactor6373 wrote:
It's like they think anime fans are retarded or something.

I think it's more that those who own the rights to the material are too eager to hand it over to someone who isn't interested in pleasing the fans, and only care about appealing to a wider audience.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:30 pm

jason mewes could be snow from FF XIII XD
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:29 am

Emma Watson as Seras Victoria?
Seras has bewbs, Emma doesn't have any to speak of.
(I only point this out because the pics you have there make this really obvious)
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:31 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Emma Watson as Seras Victoria?
Seras has bewbs, Emma doesn't have any to speak of.
(I only point this out because the pics you have there make this really obvious)

We can fix this.

We have the technology.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:52 am

I just chose Emma Watson because of her voice. And besides, no actress can match Seras' rack without special effects. Wink
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:57 am

Well no dip, she's an anime character, dumbass.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:58 am

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Well no dip, she's an anime character, dumbass.

There's no need for Jan Valentine-type language here, Zion.
Back to top Go down
spike833
Marauder of the deep jungle
spike833

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:55 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
Have any anime/manga-to-live-action movie adaptations ever been good?

"Death Note" and "Death Note II The Last Name" were actually really good movies that mangaed to bring the series to life in a live action form, and managed to do something different and unique with the story without ruining the style and look of Death Note.

And I just want to throw this up in the air:

NEON GENESIS EVANGELION!

Get Toho or Kadokawa to make it with a combination of state of the art CGI animation and very detailed suits and miniatures.

Get Shinji Higuchi and Makoto Kamiya to direct the special effects, have Shusuke Kaneko direct the movie altogether, and still have Shiro Sagisu do the soundtrack again as he did for the anime. If not Shiro, then Kow Otani would be the next best guy to hire.

I'd also like to see Tsutomu Kitagawa in the EVA-01 suit!
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:22 pm

WETA Workshop had a whole bunch of concept art for an Evangelion movie, but it never really went anywhere.
Back to top Go down
spike833
spike833

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:25 pm

dlausactor6373 wrote:
WETA Workshop had a whole bunch of concept art for an Evangelion movie, but it never really went anywhere.

And frankly, I hope it doesn't go further!

It would be the BIGGEST cinematic tragedy since Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin did their quote en quote "American Godzilla".

That is one of the few things I HATE with such strong passion.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:12 pm

Oh, my friend, you forget who WETA Workshop worked with! I'm sure if the film was directed by Peter Jackson it would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:10 pm

well Peter Jackson may have had WETA do all their special effects and costuming for LOTR, but that doesn't mean they'll join up again in a future movie. However, since P. Jackson basically made WETA's fame, most likely when Jackson does another movie, WETA would be happy to tag along.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:19 pm

G-Man1989 wrote:
And I just want to throw this up in the air:

NEON GENESIS EVANGELION!
NO!
I love Evangelion, but a live action would murder it unless done to perfection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:43 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
NO!

As in, done by Peter Jackson.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:02 pm

dlausactor6373 wrote:
Anime-Junkie wrote:
NO!

The problem with Hollywood is that they never seem to get real, true fans of the series to advise them. If any Dragonball fan was involved in the making of the live-action, he must have been screaming at everyone the whole time.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:18 am

yeah. i went with my friend just to make fun of it the whole time. us and about 4 others were the only ones in the theatre and we had a great time talking about the movie. especially the "airbending" part XD
Back to top Go down
spike833
spike833

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:30 pm

dlausactor6373 wrote:
Anime-Junkie wrote:
NO!

NO! Absolutely NOT! Peter Jackson did great with "The Frighteners" and "The Lord of the Rings", but I was sorely disappointed with his "King Kong" remake (had alot of nice homages, yes, but it didn't feel like King Kong. Just a over glorified wanna be), and just because WETA and Jackson have done good films before, and have alot of money does NOT make it a better movie.

Besides, with some of the stuff I saw that WETA was planning, I do NOT want to see them make the movie.

As a matter of fact, NO ONE outside of Japan should do a live action version of a Japanese Anime, and ESPECIALLY not Hollywood!

EVERYTIME they did anything based on a Japanese series was ruined:

Mario Bros., Godzilla, Dragonball, Ringu, The Grudge, One Missed Call, and about every dub version of anything distributed in America.

Here is the essential rule for remakes:

Has to be made by either extremely passionate fans of the originals or have to heavily involve individuals who played a large role in the making of the said originals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime Live-Action Movies   Anime Live-Action Movies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime Live-Action Movies
Page 1 of 1