Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get

Go down 
+12
TheArchvile
Pendragon
Zoekin-3
Karbo
Vaderaz
Archmage_Bael
zersergathant
Darkstorm Zero
luke112
Anime-Junkie
Silent_eric
Nickonaquamagna
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nickonaquamagna
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Nickonaquamagna

The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Empty
PostSubject: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 11:15 am

A friend of mine who's seen my story watched this and yelped "THAT'S JUST LIKE FELARYA!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhwfQDPVSYg

Here's another clip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ke7BGaanC0

Kinda makes you wonder, huh?
Back to top Go down
http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 11:29 am

Pfffffft.
Giant bugs are like, level one monsters. Those guys are just bad adventurers. Well most of them. Jack Black just beats them back easily. Probably has levels in monk. The others just keep failing grapple checks.

DnD jokes aside,
It is Felarya like in that there are giant things. Kong island might be a part of Felarya that came to Earth through dimensional instability.
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 11:54 am

Quote :
Kong island might be a part of Felarya that came to Earth through dimensional instability.
It all makes sense now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 1:50 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Quote :
Kong island might be a part of Felarya that came to Earth through dimensional instability.
It all makes sense now!
Agreed
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:23 pm

I think they call it Skull Island due to it's shape... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://darkstormzero.deviantart.com/
zersergathant
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
zersergathant

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Oddly enough, those clips are less creepy to me than seeing a live-action humanoid pred in action would be. Go figure. scratch
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:53 pm

I think that's because a "humanoid" being closer to human is more creepy. Subconsciously speaking I think our brain makes that relation, and anything human that goes after another human is creepy. That could probably be said by most people.
Back to top Go down
Vaderaz
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Vaderaz

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Haha yea I remember thoses scenes xD
Those worms really make me think of those we can find in felarya ... disgusting >.<
Back to top Go down
http://vaderaz.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:44 pm

haha this could be totally Bulvon wood Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Zoekin-3
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Zoekin-3

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:34 pm

Karbo wrote:
haha this could be totally Bulvon wood Razz

Just add the giant snails and some drunken chilotaurs and Fiona and you're set.

I have the ecology book for Skull Island and it's a great read. I love it.
Back to top Go down
http://zoekin-3.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:48 am

Definitely disturbing the first time you see it.

But after seeing plenty of things in Felarya get eaten, I wasn't too phased.

Go figure.
Back to top Go down
TheArchvile
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TheArchvile

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:56 am

Nickonaquamagna wrote:

Ye of little faith!
We'll get our big-budget movie yet!
Razz
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:53 pm

My first reaction: "Pfft, insects cannot get that big. Physics fail."
Second reaction: "Man, you're a fucking moron. It's a goddamn movie."
Third reaction: "Well, you can suck it. There's no need for that hostility."
(Reactions 4 through 28 can basically be boiled down to fighting with myself.)
Twenty-ninth reaction: "They should have brought something bigger than just some submachine guns. How hard is it to get a goddamn flamethrower? I can fucking make one if I wanted to."
Thirtieth reaction: Maybe they didn't know how bad it was and wanted to travel light, dumbass."
Thirty-first reaction: "Do you remember the fucking movie, idiot? They knew it was bad."
(32 through 587 are all more arguing.)
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:22 pm

And that Zion is why you don't like politics. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://darkstormzero.deviantart.com/
Zoekin-3
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Zoekin-3

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Velvet the slug girl would be very happy living down in that ravine. Nice and damp. And if I went to Felarya I would want to be packing something a LOT heavier than the 45ACP the Tommy gun was cambered for.

(Sorry. Used to be a gun nerd)
Back to top Go down
noneofurbussiness
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:56 pm

I'd Be the trigger happiest one there!!! And the tommy gun has some decient punch to it too, and with the drum magazine look out! Evil laugh terminator Ah, Peter Jacksons King Kong, now I want to watch my DVD of it. (And Yeah Physics fail, insects are not capable of growint that big. Their body systems are made for them to be tiny and wouldn't work properly at all if they got any where near that size.)
Back to top Go down
Zoekin-3
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Zoekin-3

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:02 pm

noneofurbussiness wrote:
I'd Be the trigger happiest one there!!! And the tommy gun has some decient punch to it too, and with the drum magazine look out! Evil laugh terminator Ah, Peter Jacksons King Kong, now I want to watch my DVD of it. (And Yeah Physics fail, insects are not capable of growint that big. Their body systems are made for them to be tiny and wouldn't work properly at all if they got any where near that size.)

Granted the .45ACP has reasonable punch but I'd like something with a lot more penetration like the .375 H&H or .460 Weatherby. (I did warn you.) ^_^ I liked that part of the film. Yeah the bugs aren't really possible but I still like them. I just switch the science part of my mind off when I watch films like that.
Back to top Go down
The Ultimate
Great warrior
Great warrior
The Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

I loved the King Kong movie. I also have the video game of it. It also does make you think of Felarya. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://xxtheultimate39.deviantart.com/
Zoekin-3
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Zoekin-3

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 1:04 pm

I have the guide book to Skull Island and it is AWESOME! It's very close to Felarya. You don't see half the creepy stuff that lives there in the film. FOr instance there is a fish that eats dinosaurs! (No it's not Anko)
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:48 pm

Zoekin-3 wrote:

Granted the .45ACP has reasonable punch but I'd like something with a lot more penetration like the .375 H&H or .460 Weatherby. (I did warn you.)
I don't really see the point of additional penetration against large insects. Chitin exoskeletons are not really made for protection as much as structural stability. They don't really protect against projectiles such as bullets very well. Something like the .45ACP is designed to transfer forward momentum into any target, causing more damage to softer targets. I'd prefer something with that punch against large insects. Penetration would be sufficient. Remember, over-penetration actually works against lethality, as less kinetic energy is transferred to soft tissue because it's being retained by the round.

Against the giant fish... that really depends. I'd say that while a .45ACP has decent penetration, the muzzle velocity of a Thompson is lower than most modern weapons, and about half as much as an M1911. Thus, I'd imagine penetration suffers. Rather than a different round, I'd prefer a different weapon.
Back to top Go down
Zoekin-3
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Zoekin-3

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:57 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Zoekin-3 wrote:

Granted the .45ACP has reasonable punch but I'd like something with a lot more penetration like the .375 H&H or .460 Weatherby. (I did warn you.)
I don't really see the point of additional penetration against large insects. Chitin exoskeletons are not really made for protection as much as structural stability. They don't really protect against projectiles such as bullets very well. Something like the .45ACP is designed to transfer forward momentum into any target, causing more damage to softer targets. I'd prefer something with that punch against large insects. Penetration would be sufficient. Remember, over-penetration actually works against lethality, as less kinetic energy is transferred to soft tissue because it's being retained by the round..

When I wrote this I was speaking in general-not just giant insects. Against giant insects I would want something with more "shatter power" like a rapidly expanding pistol round. Your point about expending energy inside of the target is well taken. Against something like a demi human giant predator I would want for the round to penetrate through the skin and into the organs.

Heh-The fish is question is so large that you're talking rocket launcher type firepower rather than bullets. It's THAT big. But before someone yells at me for hijacking the thread, I love this part of the film. It's very exciting and I like all the creepy crawlies. I keep expecting Nix to appear.
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:44 am

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Remember, over-penetration actually works against lethality, as less kinetic energy is transferred to soft tissue because it's being retained by the round.
Indeed, but make sure your bullets are made out of something dense so that it can deliver that energy.

I tried to tell a guy I'm currently in a Role-playing fight with why Titanium with tiny explosive cores is a poor choice of munition for a 15mm rifle, only for him to snap at me and tell me he was using these "Titanium Sabots".
...Even though the smallest thing they are fired out of in that game is a 125mm Autocannon, which is the same bore size as the gun on a T-90 Russian Main Battle Tank...
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Black Aquila wrote:
ZionAtriedes wrote:
Remember, over-penetration actually works against lethality, as less kinetic energy is transferred to soft tissue because it's being retained by the round.
Indeed, but make sure your bullets are made out of something dense so that it can deliver that energy.

I tried to tell a guy I'm currently in a Role-playing fight with why Titanium with tiny explosive cores is a poor choice of munition for a 15mm rifle, only for him to snap at me and tell me he was using these "Titanium Sabots".
...Even though the smallest thing they are fired out of in that game is a 125mm Autocannon, which is the same bore size as the gun on a T-90 Russian Main Battle Tank...
Yes, because most ammunition isn't very dense and thus doesn't transfer much energy. Take it from someone who's had to carry some ammo boxes around... conventional rounds are sufficiently dense. Too much density, and your ballistics performance is negatively affected.

Back to top Go down
Zoekin-3
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Zoekin-3

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 6:21 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Black Aquila wrote:
ZionAtriedes wrote:

Yes, because most ammunition isn't very dense and thus doesn't transfer much energy. Take it from someone who's had to carry some ammo boxes around... conventional rounds are sufficiently dense. Too much density, and your ballistics performance is negatively affected.

Nevertheless I still feel that bigger is better. And if I were on Skull Island or visiting Felarya I would want as big as I could handle. (And I'd be avoiding the chasms)
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 6:25 pm

Zoekin-3 wrote:
ZionAtriedes wrote:
Black Aquila wrote:
ZionAtriedes wrote:

Nevertheless I still feel that bigger is better. And if I were on Skull Island or visiting Felarya I would want as big as I could handle. (And I'd be avoiding the chasms)
In a close-range, out-and-out melee of a gunfight? Yeah, bigger is often better. But anyone who ends up in one of those is guilty of poor planning, even in a hostile jungle environment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next