Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get

Go down 
+12
TheArchvile
Pendragon
Zoekin-3
Karbo
Vaderaz
Archmage_Bael
zersergathant
Darkstorm Zero
luke112
Anime-Junkie
Silent_eric
Nickonaquamagna
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zoekin-3
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Zoekin-3

The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:23 pm

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of facing a giant predator. Wether a giant naga, T-rex or giant spider/crab thing you would want as much gun as you could comfortably handle. For a fire fight there are other factors to consider which I won't go into here for fear of derailing the thread. The .45ACP used in the movie is a great cartridge but lacking in penetration for something Crisis's size.

But yeah-Skull Island has the same "feel" as Felarya. I loved the part of the movie set there.
Back to top Go down
http://zoekin-3.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:42 pm

Well, once again, it's not always just the bullet. The Tommy gun has a notoriously low muzzle velocity. It's an excellent weapon against unarmored, human-sized targets.... against preds, not so much. And, yes, the .45ACP is not the best against giant-sized predators. It's not at all the worst, but there are more specialized cartridges available.

Indubitably so. Quite lethal, and unnervingly so.
Back to top Go down
Zoekin-3
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Zoekin-3

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:45 pm

To be honest-if you were walking around Skull Island or Felarya you'd probably be packing a rocket launcher or three.

^_^ If there ever is a live action Felarya movie it would be great if Sir Peter Jackon was the one to do it.
Back to top Go down
The Ultimate
Great warrior
Great warrior
The Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:05 pm

And also starring Jack Black! Haha!
Back to top Go down
http://xxtheultimate39.deviantart.com/
Zoekin-3
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Zoekin-3

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:19 pm

The Ultimate wrote:
And also starring Jack Black! Haha!

Katrika-"Yeah. He's nice and fat!"

But seriously-I'd love to see another film about Skull Island based on the guidebook. That would be cool!
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:05 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Black Aquila wrote:
Indeed, but make sure your bullets are made out of something dense so that it can deliver that energy.

I tried to tell a guy I'm currently in a Role-playing fight with why Titanium with tiny explosive cores is a poor choice of munition for a 15mm rifle, only for him to snap at me and tell me he was using these "Titanium Sabots".
...Even though the smallest thing they are fired out of in that game is a 125mm Autocannon, which is the same bore size as the gun on a T-90 Russian Main Battle Tank...
Yes, because most ammunition isn't very dense and thus doesn't transfer much energy. Take it from someone who's had to carry some ammo boxes around... conventional rounds are sufficiently dense. Too much density, and your ballistics performance is negatively affected.
True, but some of Titanium's defining traits are it's high tensile strength to density ratio and high crack resistance, which is why it's used in the construction of tank armor and airframes instead of armor-piercing rounds with "explosive cores".

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Well, once again, it's not always just the bullet. The Tommy gun has a notoriously low muzzle velocity. It's an excellent weapon against unarmored, human-sized targets.... against preds, not so much. And, yes, the .45ACP is not the best against giant-sized predators. It's not at all the worst, but there are more specialized cartridges available.

Indubitably so. Quite lethal, and unnervingly so.
Indeed, like the .50 cal rounds used by the Wiglaf Special (based on the real world ".50 Beowulf"), or perhaps something based on the Raufoss Mk 211.

Certainly a cartridge that's an Armor-piercing, explosive, and incindiary round all in one would find use in Felarya...

...Now what would ArmaDense call their version?
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Black Aquila wrote:

True, but some of Titanium's defining traits are it's high tensile strength to density ratio and high crack resistance, which is why it's used in the construction of tank armor and airframes instead of armor-piercing rounds with "explosive cores".
I wasn't arguing titanium. That's over-penetration, and much better suited for armor. I was pointing out that the statement "make sure your ammo is dense enough" is a little extraneous. I'venever heard of ammo that wasn't dense enough to deliver its kinetic energy into a soft target. That really defeats the purpose of guns in general.
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:38 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Black Aquila wrote:

I wasn't arguing titanium. That's over-penetration, and much better suited for armor. I was pointing out that the statement "make sure your ammo is dense enough" is a little extraneous. I'venever heard of ammo that wasn't dense enough to deliver its kinetic energy into a soft target. That really defeats the purpose of guns in general.
Well I was trying to segway into that story... and how infuriating it was arguing with a guy who does not understand that you can't take something meant to be fired out of a tank gun and scale it down for a rifle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get   The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The closest to a live action Felarya movie you will ever get
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2