Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Culture, History, and other bits.

Go down 
+15
/Fish/
Sillysausage
gwadahunter2222
Karbo
Schnurz
timing2
L'Ryn
Silent_eric
French snack
Jætte_Troll
rcs619
GiantessFanXXX
Malahite
Anime-Junkie
Archmage_Bael
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:17 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
(naga's could have developed strong stomachs at this point due to a possible lack of decent nutrients, forcing them to eat poisonous plants).
Er, to my knowledge strong Naga stomachs are an uncommon thing. I remember there being a debate brought up a while back that not every Naga had a stomach as strong as Crisis'.
Quote :
having elves being the "arrogant" ones for a change, instead of the humans
You don't get to read much fantasy, do you? There's a reason many people find "Elves" synonymous with "Dicks", and I can tell you right now masculinity is not part of it. lol!
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 7:54 pm

Elves are ALWAYS the arrogant ones.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:04 am

Jætte_Troll wrote:
Elves are ALWAYS the arrogant ones.
I will say elves are elitist, in their culture is always to be on the top in all the domains. Many of their creations and development show this tendency. They are perfectionnist.

Humans are ambitious, it's at the same time a quality and a drawback because without ambition we wouldn't progress and evolve but this same ambitions make us to take risks and to achieve our goal we are able to do everything.

The difference between elves and humans, where an elf will refuse to do something he thinks disgraceful a human won't hesitate on this kind of details because it's he estimates it's necessary, he will do it.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:45 pm

alright well that deal between humans and elves is debatable apparently

as for the prey species, in the beginning, keyword being 'beginning' there wouldnt be many kinds species at all.

as with predators i cant see any other possibility. they ALL have human torsos? how would they evolve that way? it would have to be someting that has to do with being magically imbued or sensitive. otherwise you wouldn't be able to have dryads. a plant/human hybrid wouldn't make sense.

and prey would be rare, because they'd be hunted so much.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:53 am

It is possible for prey to be rare. If prey is rare, predators are rare. I believe it was established that a naga must eat around 5 humans or other prey species a day to stay healthy. So if there are 5 predators in an area, the must be many humans, nekos etc, to support them or the predators will move on. The influx of new adventures, explorers and the plain lost into Felarya would play a huge part in this, if felarya was to be cut off (which, to my knowledge is impossible because of the very nature of Felarya itself) the predators would eventually eat all prey.

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar and spelling fixes)
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:40 am

Well the beginning of Felarya was very particular.. ^^

As for the nagas, they must eat the equivalent of 5 humans to stay healty but it can be animals as well Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 7:00 am

Sure, they could be rare from being hunted so much. But that can never happen. The majority of a predator's diet is from people who come to Felarya, not natives. And Felarya is constantly connecting to different dimensions.

Look at it this way, even though there is a small chance for a random portal to open up to a world with humans, nekos, elves, or any other prey species. There are an infinite number of dimensions, each with countless worlds. Felarya is constantly connecting and disconnecting, in some areas more than others. That means a near infinite number of prey is entering Felarya at any given time. Therefore, there can never be a shortage of prey, even in the beginnings of Felaraya. And there would never be just one species of prey either, as it is equally as likely for a human, neko, or naga to enter from another dimension.

Because Felarya is a crossroads, as soon as it's 'Open' millions of species would immediately enter and begin adapting. And due to reasons unknown, there's a small chance someone entering Felarya will be giant, or tiny, even though they weren't before.

As for the fact that it's unlikely that everything would have human torsos. First off, no they don't. Tonorians. All the other fauna doesn't have human torsos. Just the intelligent races. The arrogant answer is that humans are the pinnacle of evolution.

But I raise this point to you. The Felarya Effect, the fact that so many flora and fauna seem evolved for singular purposes. The appearance of the denizens of Felaraya. I tell you that this is all signs of intelligent design. Obviously there is a god, or gods, who have created Felarya. No evolution required, just "In the beginning, there was nothing but Karbo. And Karbo created Felarya and said, 'It is good'." Something like that. xD
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 7:41 am

Silent_eric wrote:

Look at it this way, even though there is a small chance for a random portal to open up to a world with humans, nekos, elves, or any other prey species. There are an infinite number of dimensions, each with countless worlds. Felarya is constantly connecting and disconnecting, in some areas more than others. That means a near infinite number of prey is entering Felarya at any given time. Therefore, there can never be a shortage of prey, even in the beginnings of Felaraya. And there would never be just one species of prey either, as it is equally as likely for a human, neko, or naga to enter from another dimension.

I think that's an excellent point, and would respectfully suggest it be enshrined in the wiki.

As I think I've said elsewhere, the number of prey consumed by every predator is staggering. Let's assume a giant predator who's been old enough to swallow human-sized prey for fifty years. The standard requirement to stay healthy is five prey a day. Animals can be eaten rather than humans or nekos, but preds also enjoy eating more prey than they strictly need to. Let's assume seven prey a day, of which three are sentient (humans, nekos, small nagas, etc...). That would mean our hypothetical pred has eaten about 73,000 sentient prey.

There are currently thirteen nagas on the wiki - not counting Anna, Rin and Monty, who don't eat people. Those thirteen alone may eat close to 1,000,000 people over the span of 50 years. That's not counting the other nagas, the dridders, the many fairies, and so on.

I think it's safe to say Felarya's forests and other natural habits simply haven't got the millions of sentient prey required to feed all the predators. Which, as I see it, proves your point: There are VAST numbers of people being pulled into Felarya against their will all the time, and promptly being devoured.

Quote :

But I raise this point to you. The Felarya Effect, the fact that so many flora and fauna seem evolved for singular purposes. The appearance of the denizens of Felaraya. I tell you that this is all signs of intelligent design. Obviously there is a god, or gods, who have created Felarya. No evolution required, just "In the beginning, there was nothing but Karbo. And Karbo created Felarya and said, 'It is good'." Something like that. xD

In the beginning, Karbo created Felarya. Now Felarya was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of Karbo was hovering over the waters. And Karbo said, "Let there be vore," and there was vore. Karbo saw that the vore was good. And Karbo said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: nagas, creatures that slither along the ground, and prey to feed the predators, each according to its kind. Let there be humans for the stomach of the nagas." And it was so. And Karbo thought: "Oh God, what have I started?" lol!
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:38 pm

Popping in randomly.

Don't forget, there may be/are some predators who cannibalize their own species. If the average giant naga needs five people a day to stay healthy, then what about someone like Raison who eats giant nagas only once every week or so? Considering the vast size and amount of giant predators, cannibals can keep those populations in check...

Although it seems cannibalizing others who are of similiar size of you is EXTREMELY rare in Felarya. The only one who I knows does it is Raison who isn't in the wiki because of that.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:54 pm

L'Ryn wrote:
Popping in randomly.

Don't forget, there may be/are some predators who cannibalize their own species. If the average giant naga needs five people a day to stay healthy, then what about someone like Raison who eats giant nagas only once every week or so? Considering the vast size and amount of giant predators, cannibals can keep those populations in check...

Although it seems cannibalizing others who are of similiar size of you is EXTREMELY rare in Felarya. The only one who I knows does it is Raison who isn't in the wiki because of that.

Rare? Not even! One of the main reasons dridders are so universally loathed is because they can and do eat other giant preds. They can tie them up and liquify them, yum. Not exactly like Raison, but still.
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:57 pm

Most dridders we see soft vore however, and no one will write about liquefied organs because it's not sexy.
Back to top Go down
Sillysausage
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sillysausage

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 5:51 pm

L'Ryn wrote:
Most dridders we see soft vore however, and no one will write about liquefied organs because it's not sexy.

I beg to differ, it's liek the hawtest thing in the world, I will draw a million pictures of it
Back to top Go down
http://ironkitty.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 6:08 pm

well then for heaven's hierarchy you could have all sentient species resemble a certain angel. and each of the angel's could have had a say in how the creatures that resemble them came to be. even for the preds, maybe there are other angels that look different but just have not been recognized in heaven enough (for whatever the reason may be), and once they become recognized, creatures will be created that resembles them, or creatures evolve to resemble them, or whatever. -just a thought.

well felarya would have been created at some point along the timeline of the universe, and as it developed maybe it became more dimensionally unstable, or maybe it became dimensionally unstable because of some accident that happened, which would have affected each species individually as the world progressed.

hows that sound? (i have more ideas too :O )
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm

A popular children's song called 'We're all alive'. Over time it has changed, grown, and become so rooted to Felarya, it's said from the tiniest tiny to the naga Crisis herself, you can hear this song. Legend has it is that this song has been around longer then Ur-Sagol, and there are multiple verisons from all over.

We're all Alive
We're all alive in this world
We're all alive in this land
We're singing because we're alive

We're alive
The worm and the jaykay bird
Are all alive
The dryad and the fairy
Are all alive
Worm, bird, dryad fairy
Are all alive and friends

We're all alive
We're all sad because we're alive

We are all alive
The neera and the neko
Are all alive
The naga and the mermaid
Are all alive
Neera, neko, naga, mermaid

We're all alive
We're all mad because we're alive

We are all alive
The dridder and the harpy
Are all alive
The human and the elf
Are all alive
Dridder, harpy, human, elf

We're all alive
We all hurt because we're all alive

We are all alive
The kensha and the mingo
Are all alive
The tonorian and the duiker
Are all alive
Kensha, mingo, tonorian, duiker
Are all alive

We're all alive
This is our world and we all live in it
We're all alive and friends

We're all alive
We cry because we're alive

We are all alive
The sphinx and the slug girl
Are all alive
The icthys and the giants
Are all alive
Sphinx, slug girl, icthys, giants

We are all alive in this world
We are all alive and friends
We are happy because we are alive

We sing because we are alive'

The above is just one of the literally thousands of variations of the song, but the chorus of 'We're all alive, We _______ because we're alive' remains the same. Usually it is sung while holding hands and making a circle, sometimes there will be clapping.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:36 pm

thats quite nice, certainly a lot of "alive" in there. that's hope to not be eaten i think. it seems the "friends" part isn't always the case between predator and victim though Razz
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:59 pm

Depends on how you look at it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:29 pm

lol XD

...that's all I have to say about that.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:45 pm

i have another idea about felarya's possible creation, what if instead of it being created by some deity, it was created by a creature that somehow landed onto felarya, (one of the pred creatures, like an angel, a dryad, or even some kind of ancient naga), and she was so powerful that she was responsible for setting up the world to be dimensionally unstable and everything else.
of course this would be unknown to everyone except maybe her, and a small religion that "thought" of it, but they dont actually know Razz this so called "God" of felarya would be hidden deep within some part of felarya that is unknown and very dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:18 pm

I dunno... IF that was the case, I think I would prefer a multitude of beings, rather than one. Felarya doesn't seem suited to being a one god world.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:32 am

I would say either one god, who has since left Felarya to it's own devices, trusting the Guardians to protect his/her work, OR, a sort of Olympian Council of gods. Multiple gods, and the guardians are somehow linked to it. Either gods themselves, or demigods.

After all, what you are proposing Bael, is basically a god anyway. Normal magicians can't create entire worlds.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:56 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
i have another idea about felarya's possible creation, what if instead of it being created by some deity, it was created by a creature that somehow landed onto felarya, (one of the pred creatures, like an angel, a dryad, or even some kind of ancient naga), and she was so powerful that she was responsible for setting up the world to be dimensionally unstable and everything else.
of course this would be unknown to everyone except maybe her, and a small religion that "thought" of it, but they dont actually know Razz this so called "God" of felarya would be hidden deep within some part of felarya that is unknown and very dangerous.

Heresy! All know that Felarya was but one of the infinite multitudes of worlds and dimensions sneezed out of the nose of the Great Green Arkleseizure!

Achoo.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:50 pm

then just change it to multiple gods then :/
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 4:22 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:

I do believe Fish made a joke. I also do believe Felarya doesn't need a creation story.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 7:28 pm

Well, Karbo said "Let there be light." - and there was. And then Karbo said "Let there be seventy foot tall naked carnivorous animal women..."
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:31 pm

L'Ryn wrote:
Archmage_Bael wrote:

I do believe Fish made a joke. I also do believe Felarya doesn't need a creation story.

Hear hear. I believe that the creation of Felarya, however it happened, is a mystery to pred and prey, guardians and flora, artists and authors. There can be ideas. There can be rumors. But no one knows for certain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Culture, History, and other bits.   Culture, History, and other bits. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Culture, History, and other bits.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next