Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Silent Eric's Zany Ideas

Go down 
+16
SuperPieGuy9
Archmage_Bael
L'Ryn
DeviantDiscordian
Flare
Tuc135
Jætte_Troll
Reptillian
Sillysausage
Asuroth
Pendragon
FalconJudge
Karbo
/Fish/
rcs619
Silent_eric
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:29 pm

I think the idea is amazing, I didn't care if you call it a Blood Elemental or Red Water-mite of some sort. I like the idea that Silent eric made here, so the name is honestly rather trivial. Besides, if it *looks* like blood, and moves like an elemental, and they live in the Jungle of Perils or whatever, it's reasonable to assume a mis-classification of the species.

On another note, welcome back to the forum Silent_eric, haven't seen you in at least a year I think? How long has it been...
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:48 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
I think the idea is amazing, I didn't care if you call it a Blood Elemental or Red Water-mite of some sort. I like the idea that Silent eric made here, so the name is honestly rather trivial. Besides, if it *looks* like blood, and moves like an elemental, and they live in the Jungle of Perils or whatever, it's reasonable to assume a mis-classification of the species.

On another note, welcome back to the forum Silent_eric, haven't seen you in at least a year I think? How long has it been...
Maybe. I haven't posted in this thread in a year, but I've been here. Glad you think it's interesting. I want to keep hemogoblin though, and their appearance. It amuses me. Ha ha... clots.
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:39 am

ahhhh great to see that thread continuing ! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Sehoolighan
Survivor
Survivor
Sehoolighan

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:19 pm

Yes good to see another smarty man still alive... and apparently full of de vitamin C.
Back to top Go down
http://sehoolighan.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:22 am

Eric, man am I happy to see you again!
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 1:00 pm

Aerial Penguins
Danger: Low
Size: 2 feet

Like their flightless brethren the Penguins, the Aerial Penguins are birthed in a very unique way. Issuing forth from underground communual penguin spawn nests at regular intervals, newly born Aerial Penguins immediately possess the ability to fly. Fierce torpedo-like aerial predators, these penguins are opportunistic hunters and scavangers which often fly in tight formations known as Pengwings.

A determined pengwing can tear a Harpy from the air and devour it in a matter of minutes, although they will only attempt to take down so dangerous a predator in times of famine or when provoked by a perceived threat to their spawn nest.

Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 1:22 pm

Arklyon
Danger: Low
Size: 7 feet long

Eusocial insects the size of ponies that live in colonies. They typically make their nests underground, in mountains, or in deserts. They have bodies with several segments, and the front mandibles of an Arklyon is strong enough to crush boulders. They make pits outside of their colonies in which to trap prey, but rarely attack humanoid creatures. In fact, bathing one's self in Arkylon pheromones (which can easily be plucked in ball form from the rear of a sleeping Arklyon), can cause an entire colony to obey a cunning human. There have been many instances of small towns and villages being taken over by a warlord leading a force of Arklyon, and having a devoted phalanx of monsterous bugs is a large deterrent for all but the most desperate predator.

Arkylon eggs are a staple diet of many elves. This is disgusting to most other races, because nobody besides elves want to eat something an that came from an Arklyon Queen. Visitors in elven lands must beware, since they are usually not told what Arklyons are until after they've eaten several dishes of Arklyon sauce. The later discovery that they've been eating giant baby bugs usually results in immediately tossing their cookies, which were probably baked with bug eggs.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 2:20 am

I loved the Arklyon one XD
And that last part was hilarious Laughing
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 3:18 pm

I bet it's quite delicious. A delicacy, like escargot Razz
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 3:27 pm

More ideas are needed. A constant fuel for the Felaryan Forges.

Here's a funky creature.

Chromosaur

Danger: High

Size: 20 feet at shoulder

A bat-winged quadruped with three to four varying heads. The heads typically resemble those of some other creature. Common alternate heads include lions, goats, dragons, eagles, bulls, and serpents. They are capable of storing large amounts of water in their bodies for trekking across deserts and then regurgitating the liquid at high speeds to wash away attackers.

Chromosaurs are actually incredibly intelligent and love to inflict pain. Their bat-wings shimmer like rainbows in sunlight and give the illusion of them having many eyes on their wings, which helps them ward off predators and attract mates.

Chromosaurs can take to the air and glide for short amounts of time and prefers to hunt by swooping down from the air and landing roughly on their intended targets. They dwell at the edge of deserts or in oases.

Chromosaurs have a silver-colored spot on their backs. Manipulating this spot in certain ways makes the chromosaurs docile and easily controlled while sharp impacts on this spot will knock one unconscious for hours, for reasons which have yet to be discovered. There have been instances of prey races using this weakness to be able to ride the chromosaurs as mounts. This is a dangerous proposition however, for should the Chromosaur regain it's senses it will very likely torture and devour whoever would use it against it's will.

Chromosaurs in the Akaptor Desert are known as Chronosaurs, and have an innate ability to travel through time using the magic in that area. They tend to be wiser and more reserved, but still have the sadistic nature of their race.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 3:45 pm

Humble Mice

Danger: None
Size: Average mouse sized

A sea-faring version of the Ascarlin Mountain Mouse, this small amphibious mammal lives near the coasts of most of Felarya's rivers, lakes and oceans. Scavenging on washed up flotsam and jetsam from the sea. They float on okay, breathing in the salty ocean, and don't worry even if things get too heavy. They are ideal pets, and just seeing them is considered good news for people who love bad news.

They get their name from their dull, modest, humble coloring, often described as being "mouse-colored".

The breed of humble mice that live in Lake Sacchalolly (A lake in the Fairy Kingdom widely known for having sweet waters due to the vast underwater groves of aqueous sugar cane) absorb the sweet waters of that sea and are supposedly considered by the Neko tribes that live nearby to be the most delicious thing ever. Nearby fairies tend to agree, and will choose to eat one of these mice over eating a neko. Or at least, they will eat the mouse, and then eat the neko. The salty flavors of the eastern coastal Humble Mice are leveraged by roasted meat pies prepared by the Rosic Nekos. To most of the rest of Felarya however, the culinary delights discussed in this paragraph would be considered extremely nasty.

By the way, the name "Lake Sacchololly" is a name devised by Aisu. My idea, his name. I'll probably flesh out that area and pinpoint it on the map at a later date.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:21 am

Reposting some of my favorite ideas from past threads. For posterity.

Enigma Root

Quote :
We know it does something, and it's probably something amazing, but in the meantime it makes a good side dish.

Enigma root gets its name from the fact that it only grows in places of considerable supernatural power. Healing springs, enchanted forests, cursed mountains, many locations in Fairy Kingdom and other such places are the natural habitat of enigma root. As a result, it was long believed that enigma root itself must contain some sort of power. Years upon years of research went into unlocking the secrets of this plant which would only grow in the presence of the supernatural. During this time, it gained the name "enigma root" to signify its mysterious nature.
Eventually, the conclusion was reached that enigma root has no special properties and just likes to grow in enchanted places for whatever reason.
Still, enigma root is pretty tasty when boiled. It has a very savory flavor and goes well with thick sauces or stews. While used by many of the races around Felarya, it is specifically known as one of the few vegetables which Fairies will touch (although still not without a human on the side).
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 11:25 am

Ah yes I remember this one Laughing
I'd like to add it, if you agree with the disclaimer, the way you describe it is pretty funny XP
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Karbo wrote:
Ah yes I remember this one Laughing
I'd like to add it, if you agree with the disclaimer, the way you describe it is pretty funny XP

I agree of course. My sig should just be, Yes I agree with the disclaimer. No, on second thought that's stupid.

What's not stupid is that my past ideas have gotten better, or the standards have lowered. Either way, looks like it's time for me to put on my necromancer hat and become.....

Silent Eric: CLASSIC

Time to remind people why I'm the Sauce Bawss.

Of ideas anyway.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:28 pm

This thread should never not be on the first page. If I was more power mad, I would sticky this thread. Ha ha, anyway, new ideas

Come-To Pass

A hidden town found in the mountains east of the Direwind Hills. On particualarly clear days, the town's lookouts can see for miles in every direction. The only predators the townspeople has to worry about are the local harpies, and the roofs of the town are designed to blend in with the ground when seen from above. When any of the sentries see the distinctive feathered forms in the sky, all the inhabitants retreat indoors to avoid notice. In this way, the town has been lucky enough to survive thus far.

The frontier town of Come-To Pass was founded by Agonard the Unlucky, the larder-supervisor of the Ps'isol magiocrat High Councilman, Lord Garen Umbrus, in an attempt to avoid the malicious prophecy found in the Tharan Prophetic Codex. The prophecy described the larder-supervisor exactly, predicted that he would misplace three bags of wheat meal and a dozen and a half gloutex eggs on the day of the magiocrat's diplomatic dinner with the Tharan Elf Tribe, and that this act would herald a period of untold strife known as The Rending Times, and also would get him fired.

Upon learning of the prophecy, the larder-supervisor fled the city the night before the banquet, little realizing that in is fearful flight, he had left some of the supplies in a little-used storage room. Terrified at being made into a sign of The Rending Times, the larder-supervisor ran into the jungles towards the mountains in the far distance. Miraculously, he survived his headlong retreat and arrived in a secluded mountain pass where he attempted to create a safe refuge for those who were trying to prevent unpleasant prophecies from coming to pass. Sadly, the supplies that were left in the storage room were never discovered, resulting in a discrepency on the castle invoices and a less than optimal banquet.

The inhabitants of Come-To Pass believe that the tangled threads of fate do not reach this location, protecting them from the various prophecies and predictions that led them to flee their previous lives. Whether this is true or not, and if The Rending Times were avertted is not known. The Magiocrat, Lord Garen, subsequently fired the larder-supervisor upon discovering his desertion.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:55 pm

I like to make stuff up and then have to explain what I meant in the previous stuff I made up. It creates an cavalcade of ideas. LET'S EXPLORE THAT THARAN THING I MENTIONED!

Tharan Prophetic Codex

Collation
The Tharan Codex is the entire written works of the Tharan Elves. The tribe is well known for their soothsaying and prophetic visions ever since it's founding by the exiled monk-prophet Ellysias. The Tharan Prophetic Codex is a collection of every single prophetic text done by any member of the tribe. The names of many of the authors of these assorted prophecies are largely lost to history. The Tharen and their prophecies have been widely desired ever since their discovery by the larger civilizations on Felarya.

The Codex
There are approximately two hundred and seventeen thousand assorted individual prophetic texts contained in the Codex -- each of which has been manually copied by an allied tribe of tiny mantoids. The words of the texts themselves are so small that they can only be read using powers of magnification. Nonetheless, possibly because of the inclusion of such monstrously long texts as Higarber's Paen of Mystic Truths, and Bigby's Monotonous Litany, the Codex occupies one hundred and fifteen relatively large volumes.

The Prophecies
While accurate data on the thousands of prophecies contained in the Tharan Codex has never been compiled, some scholarly attempts to decipher the most promising of prophecies have been made. Most notably are, as mentioned, the incredibly long Higarber's Paen of Mystic Truths and Bigby's Monotonous Litany, but some scholars have also done extensive research on such texts as Cliveling's Exceptional Accuracies and its counterpart Everything Cliveling Says is Nonsense (author unknown).

As a general rule, the more specific the prophecies are, the less accurate they tend to be. The exception to this is Bigby's Monotonous Litany, which has proved to be both as accurate and as detailed as it is monotonous. The Litany concerns itself almost entirely with the most mind-bogglingly mundane subjects, and few scholars have devoted more than a decade to its study. As an example--two hundred years after the Codex was first compiled, it was determined that the Litany had successfully predicted the precise number of feet on every single duiker caught around the outskirts of Negav during a specific two year period. This was made especially impressive because four of the one thousand, nine hundred, and sixty-five duikers had only three feet--presumably having lost them to predators or traps.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:26 pm

If you make a Felarya video game, "The Codex" will be the worst completionist nightmare EVER. Reminds me of the 103,000 grimoirs Razz
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 10:31 pm

When last we left our heroes, I, your humble Story Elaborator (SE) was telling you more about small things that may or may not exist in Felarya. We resume our tale where we left it...

So to shake off the dust, let me try something funny.

There are not many diseases that can affect an individual on Felarya. Most foreign ones are cured or at least neutralized upon a full day's stay in contact with the soil. But those few diseases and poisons that can penetrate the magical protection afforded by the soil are either also magical in nature, or so potent that it can only be slowed instead of reversed. Here are a few of the most common.

Grey Death
The equivalent of typhoid or the black plague in Felarya, Grey Death is a crippling and almost inevitably fatal disease--horribly enough, spread through the air.
Grey death is a subtle three-stage disease: the first stage is a lack of energy akin to what one might feel after a day's work. The second stage is erupting into a plume of ashes and infecting the lungs of anybody within a mile radius. The third stage doesn't really matter that much.
Those with a particular magical knack are unusually resistant to grey death, as are those with an unusual lack of common sense and/or influx of adventurous spirit; thus, main characters usually survive grey death.
Perhaps the only way to defeat grey death is with a powerful Life Mage, who must find the local Plague Mother Spore, fight through its giant-spider-horde, and defeat it. It does not happen often.

Acute Spinelessitus
A severe medical condition that causes severe and shooting pain, often non-localized, in the sufferer which is completely debilitating and comes and goes with a pattern that no physician has been able to reliably predict.
It has been suggested, in scholarly debate, that the condition does not in fact exist anywhere but in the mind of the sufferer, but any soldier who would love to do his duty for King and Country, or adventurer who would totally check that hallway first, if not for this "darned medical condition" would certainly, and most honorably, tell you otherwise.
Despite the lack of any evidence that this is a completely fabricated condition used to conveniently shirk responsibility or danger, it has acquired the reputation as such. Often people will gossip in harsh whispers that someone must be suffering from "acute spinelessitus" if the ailment of the sufferer is believed to be feigned.

Blood Fever
Blood fever is a rare but deadly plague in which one's blood becomes immensely itchy. On its own, blood fever is a mild disease that is theoretically capable of being overcome by bed rest and plenty of sleep; however, because blood fever is SO. DAMN. ITCHY. death is almost assured as the victim tries to scratch his own blood, with messy and tragic results.
As blood fever is spread through the air from exposed blood, it spreads like wildfire until only the most iron-willed members of the community are left. Some see blood fever as a necessary evil, as many who have survived blood fever go on to be powerful mages or unusually outspoken villagers.

Irony Deficiency
In the world of Felarya certain things are constant, one of these constants is irony. That is to say, irony is Ludicrously common, from big game hunters ending up on a succubi's chess board to epic heroes being kicked to death by a donkey to the all too common fate of fairy hunters, irony is everywhere. Irony deficiency is what happens when irony is removed from a person. Generally this causes the afflicted to have his very reality shattered and his brain slowly turning into goop, as most people have very high levels of irony.

Chanteucide
A liquid poison, developed from the mixture of Stickius Ickius, a special enchanted form of RazorVine, and Chanteuse Grass to form a potent liquid that -- when quaffed -- transforms the drinker's blood cells into individual, self-perpetuating musical notes, creating a bodyscape of sound that typically leaves the drinker disoriented and hazily confused, almost totally incapable of action.

Hunger
Affecting many people around Felarya every day, Hunger is one of the most widely spread diseases of all. No one is quite sure where it comes from but it is speculated little fairies carry it around in little itsy bitsy bags, sprinkling it over people while they are sleeping. This has lead to several deaths from sleep deprivation in people attempting to overcome this constant danger.
Hunger, if not treated in a matter of days, can evolve into the instantly deadly Starvation.
Symptoms include rumbling stomach, howling guts and at later stages questions of the chronological placement of the next meal.

And there you go. Do I still got it?
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:48 pm

Hey you! >.< Why do you keep disappearing on me? You're lucky I haven't needed too much more help with the technicals of the story we were talking about or Kira's boot would be so far up your butt right now!

As for these ideas, they're for comedy, right? Because first of all, isn't disease being impossible in Felarya something that is totally, bona-fide canon? O.o If I'm wrong about that, sorry. Irony deficiency is creative, but kinda stupid-sounding, though that may be just 'cuz it's not explained why what happens happens very well. Actually yeah, most of these are pretty stupid. ^^; There's no way these weren't put here for comedic purposes.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 5:53 pm

Darn straight you still got it, Eric Laughing

Didn't get the grey death, but everything else was just lovely. A bit gross with the blood fever, but we've had worse.

BTW, how does chanteucide spread?
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 9:32 pm

Nyaha wrote:
Hey you! >.< Why do you keep disappearing on me?

Magic. Sorry but I'm doomed to travel the multiverse. Many realms just don't have a stable internet connection.

Nyaha wrote:
As for these ideas, they're for comedy, right? Because first of all, isn't disease being impossible in Felarya something that is totally, bona-fide canon? Actually yeah, most of these are pretty stupid. ^^; There's no way these weren't put here for comedic purposes.

You've sussed me out! Almost every idea I've put in this thread has been comedic. Several I find funny or ironic in some way. Yet several still have become canon... hm.....
Disease is pretty much impossible. Or is it? There can be exceptions to every rule. These exceptions just don't have credentials yet.

Stabs wrote:
Darn straight you still got it, Eric Laughing
Didn't get the grey death, but everything else was just lovely. A bit gross with the blood fever, but we've had worse.
BTW, how does chanteucide spread?

Chanteuicide is more of a poison than a disease. Grey Death isn't as much a joke concept, as a concept with jokes in it. So there is nothing to get. Blood fever is only gross if you think about it. I didn't go into detail. Which probably made it worse. Hm.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:06 am

hahaha it's a nice list here XD

irony deficiency.. that one made me chuckkle Laughing
And hunger .. Crisis definitely don't like that one XP

Well played sir Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Eric's Zany Ideas   Silent Eric's Zany Ideas - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silent Eric's Zany Ideas
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4