Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felaryan Landmarks

Go down 
+11
Stabs
Shady Knight
TryMeIke
Jætte_Troll
observer88
rcs619
Karbo
kaitheguy1234
CauldronBorn24
Flare
Silent_eric
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Felaryan Landmarks - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Landmarks   Felaryan Landmarks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:01 pm

I knew it had something to do with dridders when I saw the word kumo. XP

It got me thinking, which is a dangerous practice I know, maybe Kumo Colosseum should be an octagon instead of a circle. It would help to further distinguish it from Jaslow arena and my own Gladitorium. Perhaps it's about time I changed my idea as well... or maybe just drop it entirely.

Edit: Yeah... I think I'll be making some changes to it on my DA account.

Last edited by gt500x on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Landmarks   Felaryan Landmarks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:26 pm

Silent_eric wrote:
Nice idea. The Dridder forest needs some more landmarks and such.

I feel that the Dridder Forest needs more flesh rather than just "ruins of their former glory". The Kumo Colisseum is also intended to be an attempt to recover such glory.

Silent_eric wrote:
Is this place built for giant fighters or human sized fighters?

I've imagined Kumo as a giant dridder, but I'm thinking of it and maybe the colisseum should be built so the surface can be adapted to both giant and human sized fighters - catacombs are big enough for both -, and also tournaments were intended to be for different sizes or even mix.

As Kumo didn't mind the size, only the combats themselves, there should be some kind of way to adapt it, something mechanical maybe.

Silent_eric wrote:
Is it only intended for martial combat, or mages too?

The way I imagine it, just for martial ones.

Silent_eric wrote:
What kind of people would travel across miles and miles of dangerous jungle and forest to risk their life in this place? Just glory?

As the travel itself is the first part of the tournaments themselves, it should be addressed to those who have gained a reputation as fighters, for those who have been hardened in their travels and fight not to mind travelling miles of dangers until they reach a colisseum and fight in a tournament they might not be able to win. Also, Kumo had his reputation as a great warrior and some might have believed he would teach his arts to those worth of it.

And of course, we can't miss the rewards. Prizes could be more than just glory. Precious stuff in the form of specially crafted weapons and suits of armor would be good. Not money, though, specially in the underground tourneys. xD

gt500x wrote:
I knew it had something to do with dridders when I saw the word kumo. XP

I know, I just wanted it to be obvious. Using the japanese for 'spider' worked fine - and it's a dumb nickname for a dridder, but the guy didn't mind when he decided it. xD

gt500x wrote:
It got me thinking, which is a dangerous practice I know, maybe Kumo Colosseum should be an octagon instead of a circle. It would help to further distinguish it from Jaslow arena and my own Gladitorium. Perhaps it's about time I changed my idea as well... or maybe just dropping it entirely.

Both an octogon and a circle work for me, but I viewed it as a Roman colisseum like structure. I'll keep the circle idea, though, but since this can be still fleshed out, as long as I keep receiving more feedback, I'll give it another thought.

I won't be changing the description yet, it's still soon, but thanks for the feedback and questions for giving more details. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Landmarks   Felaryan Landmarks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:04 am

That arena idea is good Smile It's definitely something I could see in that forest and that could put more life here ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Landmarks   Felaryan Landmarks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:17 pm

Just something else to consider, maybe you can build the arena into the ground instead of above it, if that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Landmarks   Felaryan Landmarks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:36 pm

Not a bad idea, but it'd miss the whole 'surface' and 'catacomb' tournaments concept. I have to think of it, though, since the concept is still a bit green and I'm pretty sure more people can contribute with it.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Landmarks   Felaryan Landmarks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:39 am

Sorry for the double post... I've updated the Kumo Coliseum description, taking in account the feedback and expanding it a bit, including the hazard level. I have to thank you for the feedback and support, yet you can still throw your ideas for improving it. Razz

Also, I've finally changed my mind on what to do with 'Murmur' and I'm posting it here as well, but with some added stuff...

---

'Murmur' inn and tavern
Danger: Very Low
Inhabitants: Varies due to the people visiting it
Characters : Grigor Tarasov, Mel Woodrow

'Murmur' is an oasis between the dangers of Felarya. It is a 3-floor - including ground floor - inn located in the north-east part of the Forest of Whispers, out of the woods, that also serves as a tavern. Built about twenty years ago by an outsider old man, the grumpy and smart Grigor Tarasov, this has become a stop for many adventurers that want to explore Felarya and for newcomers to have a familiar place to stay in a world unknown for them. Besides, prices aren't high and accommodations are nice for a quick stop.

Previously, the place was closed for 7-8 days due to Grigor going to Safe Harbor to buy provisions. Currently, Grigor can count on a neko girl, Mel Woodrow, who works as a waitress and second-in-command, taking care of the inn and tavern while Grigor is out.

Despite being near a dangerous location like the Forest of Whispers, 'Murmur' is a safe spot in anyone's journeys, as this place is considered neutral ground for predators. Reason behind this is clear: for them, 'Murmur' provides a good supply of food, so they won't disturb the inn or anywhere up to half a mile away from it, which is a safe distance for people to be confident in not being attacked. However, out of such range, danger is back.

It isn't like no one has warned people going into the wild. Old Grigor, who has a great disregard towards predators, tends to remind them to be careful with the dangers of Felarya once they step out of 'Murmur' and its safety.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Landmarks   Felaryan Landmarks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:31 pm

I'm keeping this thread alive by posting an idea for a landmark or wonder, rather, for something in the Akaptor Desert. I thought about linking it to that sky dome/storm thing from thousands of years ago, but I think that's probably just implied that it has something to do with it...

The Obelisk

Considering all of Felarya, and the giant foliage and nature sprawling about, it is ironic that one of the largets objects in it is artificial.

It is a true mystery where this obelisk came from, who made it, or how it got there. This titanic obelisk is said to stand miles high, placed perfectly in the mathematical center of the Akaptor Desert. However, no body has managed to measure it to make sure. On one side, giant runes are engraved all the way up to the top of the superstructure, written in a language none but the Sphynxes are said can translate.

It mostly serves as a reference point. The adventurers brave enough to go through the akaptor desert, or anyone trying to get to Kelerm can use this as a way point if they're lost. However, just because one can see the obelisk, does not mean it is nearby.

There is actually an entrance to the structure though, and one can traverse a few floors before it becomes more confusing. At one point, it turns into hundreds of mirror-rooms with teleporters all linking from one room to another scattered at certain points across the inside of the building. There is rumored to be great knowledge at the top, but as to what is actually there is anyone's guess...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Landmarks   Felaryan Landmarks - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felaryan Landmarks
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3