Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of

Go down 
+25
AisuKaiko
Malahite
Byakugan01
Jætte_Troll
scifidork
EliteCreature
Raveolution
observer88
L'Ryn
timing2
rcs619
melancholy-melody13
Wildthing
French snack
Archmage_Bael
JohnDoe
Feadraug
Pendragon
FalconJudge
Karbo
GREGOLE
itsmeyouidiot
DeviantDiscordian
Anime-Junkie
/Fish/
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:32 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
That's kind of another point. It's a given only popular characters are going to appear in the manga along with Karbo's characters. This also may miff writers who aren't known and are unfairly being ignored constantly.

Baww.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:20 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
That's kind of another point. It's a given only popular characters are going to appear in the manga along with Karbo's characters. This also may miff writers who aren't known and are unfairly being ignored constantly.

If someone's unknown, they just need to be advertising better. And it's rarely that someone is "unfairly" ignored. Either people like it and read, or they don't. It's sort of obvious popular characters are going to be in the manga. Why the hell would he put unpopular characters in?
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:12 am

he has a point. there are plenty of people out there who are good authors and their stuff gets ignored because it doesn't appear on the top of the results when you search for stuff. That has to do with tags and luck, but popularity doesn't mean skill. Otherwise the actor for anakin a good actor.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:38 am

If you want more recognition, I recommend looking into the Flash Wiki, it can use some more good solid characters. Also more people use it, it's godly and flashy.

Now the TVtropes article, it's a documentation of something called Felarya, focusing on the one solid ongoing work of pure canon-ness, the Felarya Manga. With related stuff from the wiki thrown in.

I'd say, if a character appears in the manga itself, it's fair game to list things relating to them. If not, and even if that character is still canon but has not appeared in the manga, it probably wouldn't be appropriate to do so. I could list something about Monty, say, something like that. But does that directly relate to the Felarya manga? Nah, so I would not do so.

Don't worry about things being underappreciated in this tropes article, because it probably shouldn't cover everyone's stuff anywho, whether it's already canon or not.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:51 am

I still have to work on what I'll send to the Flash Wiki. I juste need... err... time. xD

But it's obvious there will be more popular things that, sooner or later, will appear in the comic. And that canon stuff is the one that will go into the TVTropes article. Quite obvious.

And... I don't care about achieving high popularity. If I can make some good stuff and get some feedback, that's enough for me. If my characters aren't so popular, well, maybe one day some will be, but not today. What if they aren't in the manga? For me, it's enough to have a little Kyria sketch by Karbo in one of his doodles pages rather than seeing her in some comic where she'll be just an unnecessary cameo. :V
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:10 am

/Fish/ wrote:
If you want more recognition, I recommend looking into the Flash Wiki, it can use some more good solid characters. Also more people use it, it's godly and flashy.

Now the TVtropes article, it's a documentation of something called Felarya, focusing on the one solid ongoing work of pure canon-ness, the Felarya Manga. With related stuff from the wiki thrown in.

I'd say, if a character appears in the manga itself, it's fair game to list things relating to them. If not, and even if that character is still canon but has not appeared in the manga, it probably wouldn't be appropriate to do so. I could list something about Monty, say, something like that. But does that directly relate to the Felarya manga? Nah, so I would not do so.

Don't worry about things being underappreciated in this tropes article, because it probably shouldn't cover everyone's stuff anywho, whether it's already canon or not.
How do I get on the Flash Wiki and how do I work on it?
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:05 am

I'm going to give you an old advice, it's to try to get a bit less bitter and angry at people in general if you want to see more of them looking at your stuff >>
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:08 am

Karbo wrote:
I'm going to give you an old advice, it's to try to get a bit less bitter and angry at people in general if you want to see more of them looking at your stuff >>
I just don't like a lot of stuff. I'm aware of this problem, I change for a day, I forget, and I get pissy again.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:06 am

Karbo wrote:

Amen to this...
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:09 am

Already got lectured by xlrp and cauldronborn.
Back to top Go down
scifidork
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
scifidork

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:16 pm

Translator Microbes should be mentioned.

Blue and Orange Morality definately applies
Back to top Go down
http://scifidork.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:14 pm

The Wiki Rule would certainly apply here, since we have a wiki that's always being updated.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:40 pm

Already there. You checked the entry right?
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:53 pm

Oh? I didn't see it... D:

Err, I saw the entry, but I didn' see this there x.x
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:12 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
How do I get on the Flash Wiki and how do I work on it?
You talk to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:28 pm

Just... do we already have Extreme Omnivore? Sounds possible, I haven't checked yet.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:28 pm

I'm tempted to add Jerk With A Heart Of Gold with Anna as an example, but I still haven't really seen any other side of her personality just yet.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:54 pm

I've been reading TVTropes all day, so... >___>;

Big Eater - Several characters, notably Crisis and Menyssan

Eldritch Abomination - Many of the creatures that live on Felarya. Wandering Nightmares, grotesque beings seemingly made out of pure darkness, seem to deserve a special mention.

An Ice Person - Rin

Nightmare Fuel - Nemeses, literally. If they are hungry and really have it out for you, then they could qualify as High Octane Nightmare Fuel.

Ho Yay (Les Yay Specifically) - Most of the female predators seem to swing that way and aren't afraid to flaunt it.

Butt Monkey - Telekline and Voidfingers
Spoiler:

-Lea, too. Her backstory aside,
Spoiler:

Cursed With Awesome - Anna

Hot Skitty On Wailord Action - As mentioned, size might not be a deterrent for Vivian when she's in the mood.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:12 pm

Someone keeps blanking the page, so I requested that the person who does be banned from viewing TVTropes.
Back to top Go down
DeviantDiscordian
Hero
Hero
DeviantDiscordian

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:16 pm

*sigh*
I thought we had got past all this page blanking stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://one---winged---angel.deviantart.com/
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Anyone know of good image to put up for the page?

IF you find one make sure it:

• Is Safe For Work

• Helps convey the main themes of Felarya well.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:50 pm

Added "World Tree" to the examples list.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:10 am

Changed
WordOfGod has said they keep Felarya from becoming too civilized. One culture was torn apart by the guardians because they were able to rule the landscape.

To:

WordOfGod has said they keep Felarya from becoming too civilized. One city-state was torn apart by a guardian because they were aggressively expanding their empire.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:45 pm

If you don't mind me asking, when did Ur-Sagol turn violently expansionistic? The Mangas?
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:13 pm

Ur-Sagol was destroyed long before the time of the manga tomes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of   Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya Tropes, the Description and Assigning Of
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next