Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance

Go down 
+10
vegasmazza3
melancholy-melody13
French snack
LauraThief
EliteCreature
Pendragon
macdaddy
Raveolution
gwadahunter2222
psuedoname
14 posters
AuthorMessage
psuedoname
Tasty morsel

The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Empty
PostSubject: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:21 pm

This is the end of an era. Many great minds are leaving, or are banned, from this forum. I too, shall take a final bow. For all it's worth, I have made many friends, but at the same time I have made enemies.
There are many choices to make, many places to make, and so many stories to write. Felarya has so much potential, so please, do not just write repeating stories which end in vore and a stasified stomach. Explore new situations, go out from the cycle, Felarya will never become better that way. Nor will the same recycled character types. Otherwise Felarya will gray and lose that potential. I know that this thread will probably be deleted or locked, but if it's seen by even one person, I will be satisfied.

In the end, all I have to say for those who remain;

Rock on.

Last edited by psuedoname on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:36 pm

People are free to write their story as they want. So if someone want his/her story end in vore or satisfied stomach it's his/her choice. You are free to read his/her story or not, if not story appeal you write your own story. If in the end it's not a canon you will have the satisfaction to do what you wanted to see in a story.

But things, I don't tolerate if the fact people starts to bash an author because he/she does something some people don't like. I have nothing about constructive critics, but I know everyone has not the talent to be a good writer so people try to write something they can some time there are helpless cases but don't hope people will systematically write a best-seller or something you will like at the first sight. This kind of things comes after many unsuccessful tries Wink

Last edited by gwadahunter2222 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:02 pm

There are many good authors who don't just write "repeating stories which end in vore and a stasified stomach." I don't see why someone should be advised not to do this.

It's not the end of the world, Felarya will recover and it'll be even better than it was before.
Back to top Go down
macdaddy
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
macdaddy

PostSubject: Re: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:04 pm

You didnt get the point
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:04 pm

I guess you never read my stories. Oh well.

I try to make good stories for Felarya. Whether people read them or not, I guess it doesn't matter that much anymore. I'll continue to write. We have to keep going.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:09 pm

macdaddy wrote:
You didnt get the point
How did I not get the point? I addressed and quoted exactly what he said...
Back to top Go down
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

PostSubject: well...i guess   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:54 pm

i guess i joined at the beginning of a new era?
Back to top Go down
LauraThief
Helpless prey
LauraThief

PostSubject: Re: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:26 pm

"Karbo forced everyone, old and new, creative and lame, clique and outcast, to receive a mark in their user profile or on their forehead so that no one could post or chat unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of their name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let them calculate the number of the beast, for it is humanity's number. Her number is 500." --(Int. 11:02-101)

As the Anti-Christ of the Felarya Forum, I look forward to working with all of you towards a better future. ^^;... Right guys?.... Guys?...

Haha, I'll keep my distance. :3 Sorry for stirring things up, they were brewing for months but I'm just fine and happy being the scape goat for all the tension here. If you wish to express your hatred you're free to PM me, but do please keep it civil on the forums.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:22 pm

I've only just seen these threads. I was conked out last night, and at work all day today.

I'll say only this. As Karbo has made clear, this was not an easy decision for him to make. You might debate the merits of it, but I know he most definitely did not act on a whim.

The only other thing I want to say is that I agree with what timing2 said in the other thread. Felarya is not stagnating without some of the "oldies". There are a number of talented people contributing to the community, helping Felarya grow. (Timing2 named several.) They just don't get mentioned very often. They're ignored by some of the "oldies". Generally, they don't get criticised, but merely ignored. Yet they are part of Felarya's life breath - and a very active and welcome part of it. They deserve recognition and support. They do get it from Karbo, and from several others among us.

While any acrimonious split in a community is a very sad day, I think it's safe to say Felarya has a pool of talent which is here to stay. Long may it flourish.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

PostSubject: Re: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:35 pm

this is Terra speaking at thee moment.

So many people don't even know half the situaton. I won't get mad least not too much cause it's ignorance of whats going on and not their fault that they don't know simple because alot of facts are not in the open and probably never will be because this is and should have stayed a personal matter.

It's still irksome though I will say that.
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

PostSubject: not trying to be rude...   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:44 pm

not meaning to be rude...but this thread seems kinda blunt to be posting right after large disagreement...could we like put this thread on hold for a little while?
Back to top Go down
vegasmazza3
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 1:11 am

Wow... just wow...

This is supposed to be for enjoyment people (at least mainly)... I've read a lot... basically other people have said what I'd say, so I'm not going to bother repeating it...

The rupture is there... is it still there or is it just a tense stalemate right now?

The wall is being constructed... don't let it be completed. Like in Germany, having a divide benefited no one, and began to destroy a culture... Will that begin to happen here??

If this "wall" is already here... then I say TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!!

All opinions should be respected... and if need be critisized constuctively... the insulting just leads to a chain reaction which resulted in what happened...

The problem still may be being avoided... don't let it get out of control again...

And yes... as a noob I don't like to be assaulted when I propose valid ideas... criticize but don't assault (I'm talking to you senior members), debate the worthiness of ideas while Karbo has the final say, by potentially driving out new people, you may be preventing a contributor from coming and doing SOMETHING good.

Now because I love my emoticons... come on, be happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

PostSubject: Re: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:27 am

OOO OOO oooo!!! ooo!!! I CAN DO THAT!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:09 pm

The only one who can truly make a difference in this situation is Karbo himself. If you look at both sides of the situation, you'll notice that while L'Ryn and Sillysausage may have deserved what they got Gregole was merely trying to make a point and back up his own opinions--not forcing them down our throats. If Karbo wants to stop this wall from being built, I think he should unban Gregole and give him another chance.
Back to top Go down
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

PostSubject: hmm...   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:13 pm

lets just drop this subject...its making me sleepy Sleep
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:22 pm

i was shocked to hear GREGOLE was banned. I need to know karbo's reason for it.

this whole thing came from karbo's "clarification" post right? I dont see what the problem is with that honestly >.> but I should bring those kinds of opinions over to that particular topic...
Back to top Go down
Saironthis
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Saironthis

PostSubject: Re: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:27 pm

-Edit- From the sounds of things, GREGOLE felt he was unappreciated, but was taking lowbrow tactics to remedy the problem. This is from my observations on the forums. Take it with a grain of salt.-
The flames raged, the department came and put them out, and booted the ones responsible. Stick a fork in this whole thing, because it's done. The end of an era doesn't exactly mean the end of everything. It's just a little bit harder to put similar ideas through. After all, things were easier back when the ones that came were the first to come here. We now have to "compare" so to speak against what others did before us. A standard is in place, in other words. There's my two cents.
Back to top Go down
http://thatonedude236.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:32 pm

either way, I hope felarya regains the the old attitude it once had, where everyone was appreciative and nice, instead of shoving their advice down other people's throat, cus they lacked tact. or just hired a naga to do it for them XD.
Back to top Go down
Saironthis
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Saironthis

PostSubject: Re: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:47 pm

I hope so, too.
Back to top Go down
http://thatonedude236.deviantart.com/
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

PostSubject: Re: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:51 pm

hmm...why would you pay a naga to shove something down someone elses throat?
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 5:56 am

EliteCreature wrote:
hmm...why would you pay a naga to shove something down someone elses throat?

Wrong thread. That's on the other forum.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

PostSubject: Re: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 7:42 am

Saironthis wrote:
-Edit- From the sounds of things, GREGOLE felt he was unappreciated, but was taking lowbrow tactics to remedy the problem. This is from my observations on the forums. Take it with a grain of salt.-
The flames raged, the department came and put them out, and booted the ones responsible. Stick a fork in this whole thing, because it's done. The end of an era doesn't exactly mean the end of everything. It's just a little bit harder to put similar ideas through. After all, things were easier back when the ones that came were the first to come here. We now have to "compare" so to speak against what others did before us. A standard is in place, in other words. There's my two cents.

Untrue in everyway, it was alot more then that that ISN"T and WON"T be made public. Two sides to everystory you know and Karbo hasn't even given the whole to his.
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance   The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The End of a Era/Felaryan Renissance
Page 1 of 1