Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya

Go down 
+9
GREGOLE
Karbo
The Rev
Malahite
gwadahunter2222
observer88
Pendragon
Cypress
Siafu789
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:26 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
*look at the Miratian Base* I smell nukes coming.
Bah, Nukes are too cumbersome in Felarya.

You need Fighter Jets and Railguns.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:28 pm

Oh, if you are religious, avoid angels. If you aren't still avoid them, but it will be amusing for you.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:32 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
angels.

Dagnabbit, now you put the image in my mind of St. Celestine and a Pyromaniac Angel getting into a competition to see who can set the most Heathens on Fire.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:35 pm

The motivations of the guardians is really known only by them ^^
Hell they even move against each others sometimes Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:56 pm

That would be awesome if these guardians disagreed at one point and just began clashing with eachother.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:07 pm

Pendragon wrote:
That would be awesome if these guardians disagreed at one point and just began clashing with eachother.

Well don't count on it too much though Razz
They may have dispute at times, especially the hot-headed Quaz but they won't go as far as killing each others ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:37 pm

Aww...

Well, I was hoping for a story that involved a being that hoped to become a guardian, but had to fight a real guardian to get there.

Whether he lost or won was up to the world of Felarya, but still it would be a good piece of fiction.

Perhaps it could also show a rogue naga that doesn't know their place, so a guardian eats them.

That's vore on a whole new level.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 11:51 am

Meh, I prefer those who trick their way into becoming a Guardian.

One who can Brute-Force a Guardian is already likely Guardian Level in power as is.

And God v God fights are often... less then plesant.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 11:58 am

Malahite wrote:
Meh, I prefer those who trick their way into becoming a Guardian.

One who can Brute-Force a Guardian is already likely Guardian Level in power as is.

And God v God fights are often... less then plesant.
In general the world suffer from this battle with permanent injuries or it's destroy Sad
Why did you think the think the gods don't fight directly it's because they have to much to loose in the battle Sad
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 5:42 pm

In the third story-arc of my stories, I was thinking about a huge governement presiding over every humans with advanced military power. The hunt is still good for the predators, but not as easy as before. In the end, it gets "disbanded" with hunting coming to almost what it was before. I'm inspiring it a bit on Neo Arcadia from Megaman Zero.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 12:26 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
In the third story-arc of my stories, I was thinking about a huge governement presiding over every humans with advanced military power. The hunt is still good for the predators, but not as easy as before. In the end, it gets "disbanded" with hunting coming to almost what it was before. I'm inspiring it a bit on Neo Arcadia from Megaman Zero.
Hm, big power-jump on Felarya or an offshoot-planet? Similarly, if on Felarya, maybe only on a small isolated island?

As right now, I don't see how a Government could initialize such a rapid change so quickly. I also don't see how it could perform such in the first place.

I can go into it if asked, but that would take a long, LONG post, so I'll just PM you if you want my criticism (Which likely won't matter much anyways, as it's your fic and your choice on what to write about).
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 1:33 pm

Malahite wrote:

Hm, big power-jump on Felarya or an offshoot-planet? Similarly, if on Felarya, maybe only on a small isolated island?

As right now, I don't see how a Government could initialize such a rapid change so quickly. I also don't see how it could perform such in the first place.

I can go into it if asked, but that would take a long, LONG post, so I'll just PM you if you want my criticism (Which likely won't matter much anyways, as it's your fic and your choice on what to write about).

Please don't kill him, he is young Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 2:38 pm

Just an idea I had, it's not definitive. Theres a gap of a couple of years between each story-arcs. Still, a big militaristic governement could increase odds of survivals for soldiers. Just think of the Miratians, they got a base in the most remote place from humans settlements and they still got more back-up from their planet which may come anytime. And they got a Naga with them who also turns out to be an expert at Ice Magic, they have power to make predators hunt more challenging.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 4:06 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
Just an idea I had, it's not definitive. Theres a gap of a couple of years between each story-arcs. Still, a big militaristic governement could increase odds of survivals for soldiers. Just think of the Miratians, they got a base in the most remote place from humans settlements and they still got more back-up from their planet which may come anytime. And they got a Naga with them who also turns out to be an expert at Ice Magic, they have power to make predators hunt more challenging.

It will increase their survival but that's all Rin is just an ice naga among another.

Ask you one thing if they developp an underground complex is to protect them against the many predators.

You know the hunt for the predator is always a challenge for the predators Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 2:41 pm

I just thought of something, humans here uses either magic or technology to survive. What if they combined both magic and technology? It might be interesting. I'm not refering to Magitech in FFVI, there was hardly any magic with them.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 3:08 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
I just thought of something, humans here uses either magic or technology to survive. What if they combined both magic and technology? It might be interesting. I'm not refering to Magitech in FFVI, there was hardly any magic with them.
It's the case of Negav city Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 3:14 pm

The Isolon Eye makes the technological defense less useful except for Dusk Nymphs where the reverse is true. I was mostly thinking about equipments of high technology that uses the ambient magic of Felarya as its power. Given the craziness of this world, it's not impossible and the results might be interesting.

For exemple, I thought of a communicator that allows you to speak and hear from anyone you are on the same "wavelenght", in other words, close friends, from anywhere at all unless there's anti-magic aura or stuff in vicinity. It also work has an ordinary communicator using radio waves to communicate.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 3:53 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
The Isolon Eye makes the technological defense less useful except for Dusk Nymphs where the reverse is true. I was mostly thinking about equipments of high technology that uses the ambient magic of Felarya as its power. Given the craziness of this world, it's not impossible and the results might be interesting.

For exemple, I thought of a communicator that allows you to speak and hear from anyone you are on the same "wavelenght", in other words, close friends, from anywhere at all unless there's anti-magic aura or stuff in vicinity. It also work has an ordinary communicator using radio waves to communicate.

The problem when you find a solution, it's never perfect I explain in theory the Isolon Eyes gives a perfect protection but the problem some predator arrive to pass.

Your solution can work but there is a problem with the range, when you use a system like that you need to create or install a broadcast system, but the problem it's very similar to spiritual link of the dryads, so they may listen your communication.

The drawback of an advance technology is it doesn't work correctly in a low technology area, because due to its specificity it needs a solid maintenace behind.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 6:09 pm

observer88 wrote:
"Stealth is key!"

Simply hiding won't be enough. One has to be undetected by Felaryan predators' special sense that allows them to sense the presence of their prey without seeing, hearing or smelling them. (By the way is this psychic in nature?)
Only Crisis has this ability as far as documentation goes, I don't think its racial.
Back to top Go down
observer88
Marauder of the deep jungle
observer88

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:51 am

lami wrote:
Only Crisis has this ability as far as documentation goes, I don't think its racial.
Yes, it is:
Quote :
the "special sense" of Felaryan predators (the sense that allows them to locate prey without seeing or hearing them).
Source
Back to top Go down
http://observer88.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:58 pm

observer88 wrote:
Yes, it is:
Quote :
the "special sense" of Felaryan predators (the sense that allows them to locate prey without seeing or hearing them).
Source

I notice a lack of "Smell". Intentional or not?

If Intentional, that could be the Special Felaryan Sense: Absurdly Strong Smelling Capabilities.

If not, things just keep getting worse and worse for Non-Magic using species / parties.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 1:16 pm

Malahite wrote:

I notice a lack of "Smell". Intentional or not?

If Intentional, that could be the Special Felaryan Sense: Absurdly Strong Smelling Capabilities.

If not, things just keep getting worse and worse for Non-Magic using species / parties.

I think it's a kind of sixth sense the predator develop, I say that because it has been shown we don't use 100% of our brain and our body. So in Felarya the predator due to the fact their brain are similar to our brain, I think they develop something latent we humans don't know or develop.
Back to top Go down
observer88
observer88

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 9:23 am

Hopefully their range has a limit which we can stay out of.
Back to top Go down
http://observer88.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya   The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Right Stuff: Survival in Felarya
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3