Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

undescribed wiki entries

Go down 
+15
French snack
Anime-Junkie
gwadahunter2222
Jasconius
ambrose-euanthe
alliance
Jætte_Troll
Asuroth
Oldman40k2003
Shady Knight
Karbo
AisuKaiko
/Fish/
Silent_eric
Archmage_Bael
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:08 am

ok let's get more serious ^^

Mhh Sullon lake, my base idea about it is it's very deep. It's actually lower than the lake of souls with the waters going down from it. And maybe getting out from an underwater exit leading to the jewel river.

For the lake of arrows, I had two ideas. Either it's related to elves, either the arrows are a natural features, like sharp spiked-shaped rocks majetically emerging from the water.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:28 am

I like you idea about lake sullon being deeper than the other lakes with an exit point to the jewel river.

At the same time I also think that having the lake of arrows associated with elves because of the word "arrow" would be a bit cliche. An arrow also points in a direction, so that might be a suitable idea to go from. Symbolically pointing the elves home whenever they're lost or need to find their home.

Obviously the elves have some uber-secret home that can't be seen by the normal eye Razz
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 6:04 am

I added the sullon lake, the arrow one and the general descritpion of Oloonde lakeland. Credits to you Bael ^_^

I also like the living reflexion idea for the mirror sea and I loved that idea of having a lake of somehow congregated petrified wood. I would see that for the lake of souls, since it's supposed to be situated much higher Smile
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 4:11 pm

thanks! ^_^

maybe the lake of souls could be like a fake gateway to the elves' city or something. normally having something about testing the soul for worthiness, would be cliche, especially since the failing would lead to the reason why everything's petrified.

I like sean's idea for the mirror sea.

maybe when near stillmoon at night, it's like this curse where it always appears to be night for the adventurer, and once there during night, it's really hard to escape or something. Or perhaps the night just passes by slower there for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:36 am

Finished the lake of soul. I'm quite happy with how it turned out Smile
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:36 pm

nice so we still need stillmoon pond and the mirror sea.

for the mirror sea, maybe an additional idea is that at first it may appear like a normal lake, but looking at it will allow you to see things about yourself you may never have known, or that you have repressed.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:55 pm

Does the mountain chain around Frost Peak have a name? If not, shouldn't it have one as its even bigger than the Pyrale mountain chain?

Also I noticed that the island of Tranquility and the island of Infinity of the Topazial sea lack descriptions. Other include Shard and Myriad rivers.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:37 pm

I think the chain of mountains ARE Frost Peak.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:38 pm

yes, there is a list of what still needs describing on the first page. thanks for noticing ^^
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:30 pm

Oops, sorry. As for the mountain chain being frost peak, that isn't what the frost peak article says. The name Frost Peak designates the tallest of the mountains, while the surrounding mountain chain appears to be unnamed.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:51 pm

I was checking out locations in Felarya and I noticed on the Lamina page that it is inhabited by something known as the panmodos. I did a search and couldn't find anything else on them. Should they get an entry/subentry?
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:31 am

Jasconius wrote:
I was checking out locations in Felarya and I noticed on the Lamina page that it is inhabited by something known as the panmodos. I did a search and couldn't find anything else on them. Should they get an entry/subentry?
you will find the original ideas here.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 4:41 am

So thats where it came from... shouldn't it still have an article under fauna?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 6:46 am

Added mirror sea ^^
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:16 am

nice.

I just had an idea for stillmoon, and I want to get it down before I leave for my appointment in 5 min >.<

Stillmoon lake could have an image of a moon in the center of the lake (if we want to take the name literally), but it's just an image. In ancient times it was originally cast as a spell, and was used as a navigation point and reference area for the elves that lived there 2,000 years ago. Instead of just being a normal illusion spell, this one seems to be more solid and actually reflects light, so when the sky is clear and the moon is out, the light that shines through this area gives off a beautiful bluish glow.

...if we want lakeland to be the elves' home, this could be the closest place to it. maybe I'll write an entry on the elves of lakeland. Anyway, don't have time to turn that into an official "entry worthy" post here, so there's my idea :}
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 3:22 pm

bump.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 1:54 am

Mhh I'm not sure about this idea. The idea of a moon image staying permanently there is hard to figure and the lake is too small to really navigate it I think. I think the idea could be more simple than that. Maybe there is another sense to "stillmoon" that could be used ^^
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:56 pm

well it wouldn't be the actual moon size, like i sad, it'd be small enough to fit nicely in/just above the pond.

I figured going for a literal meaning would be a nice touch because there's a lot of symbolic stuff often.

still moon. it could also refer to the statue of a woman? moons are beautiful, and maybe there could be an elven literary translation where moon can also mean woman, similar to how the japanese characters can mean different things even though they look similar.

Though you want simplicity right? What if the water itself glows and has a unique property that allows people to walk on it?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:59 pm

Maybe it could be light being reflected in shape of a huge crescent moon in the middle of the water.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:05 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
well it wouldn't be the actual moon size, like i sad, it'd be small enough to fit nicely in/just above the pond.

I figured going for a literal meaning would be a nice touch because there's a lot of symbolic stuff often.

still moon. it could also refer to the statue of a woman? moons are beautiful, and maybe there could be an elven literary translation where moon can also mean woman, similar to how the japanese characters can mean different things even though they look similar.

Though you want simplicity right? What if the water itself glows and has a unique property that allows people to walk on it?

Oh interesting ideas here. We can go about a certain number of effects ( like being able to walk on water indeed ) when the surface of the lake is touched by moonlight Razz
Back to top Go down
PrinnyDood
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
PrinnyDood

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 4:08 pm

Karbo wrote:
Oh interesting ideas here. We can go about a certain number of effects ( like being able to walk on water indeed ) when the surface of the lake is touched by moonlight Razz
Hmmm, that sounds interesting. Perhaps the effects differ depending upon the phase of the moon?

Some off-the-cuff (I.E. not that good) examples:

Full Moon - Walk on the water (as already mentioned)

Waning Crescent - Healing properties

Half Moon - Can't think of anything...

Waxing Crescent - Water can be breathed like air, maybe?

New Moon - Nullify Magic

...Although, given the unique nature of Felarya, I can't seem to remember if they even have moon phases there. So perhaps I'm being silly here. sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
http://prinnydood-abides.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 4:57 pm

This was posted elsewhere but I just realized now that this is a blank spot under the "Religions" page.

The Elven Pantheon

The Elves of Felarya, despite the increasing dominance of humans (not a recent trend either - since before Ur-Sagol humans have had the upper hand) have always been very strict and protective of their culture. The elves tend, from tribe to tribe, to worship the same five deities. Though precise details and names change, the concepts rarely do.

The Hunter

Generally portrayed as a young, handsome and fit elf male, carrying a bow, almost always with some sorts of animals companions. The Hunter is a multi-faceted god - he represents both skill at hunting at skill at avoiding being hunted. He represents the connection of the Elves to their homelands. He is connected to the elements of wood and earth and the colours of silver and green.

The Sorceress

The Sorceress is portrayed as a calm, focused young elf mage, dressed in violet robes and clutching a scroll. She represents Magic as the birthright of Elves and the cultural manipulation and construction of Magic. She also represents study and learning, among magic and other disciplines. She represents logic and calculation. She is tied to the elements of ice and water and the colours of purple and the whiteness of snow.

The Witch

The Witch is portrayed as a wild elf mage, dressed in wicked looking gleaming armour. She represented magic as an uncontrollable and powerful force. She is also the Elven goddess of war and soldiers and of chaos. She is the anti-thesis of the ordered Sorceress. She is tied to the elements of metal and fire and to the colours of crimson blood and chrome.

The Queen

The Queen is portrayed as an elf in a beautiful dress or gown. She is seen as a representative of the majesty of Elven culture and customs and of their nobility. She presides over the arts and the more cultural parts of Elven civilization. She is also seen as a mother figure and a protector of children. She is tied to the element of air and to the jewels of sapphire, ruby, amethyst and diamond.

The Judge

Portrayed as an older elf, clad in a cloak of black, strewn with twinkling stars. The Judge is stern and without emotion. He represents Death to the Elves as well as the oldest laws. He is the unforgiving nature of Felarya and determines fate and destiny. He exists in the nothingness beyond Felarya and watches and makes judgement. He is represented in the starry robes worn by many Elven elders.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 4:08 pm

Nice, that's more things filled in.

As for stillmoon pond, maybe during the night, it's possible to walk on water, and during the day time in the morning, healing properties are accelerated, and during evening there is a temporary predator ward in an ever so close vicinity (but only during the evening hours).

In addition, there can be multiple statues of a goddess around the lake, with a water jug that looks like it's pouring water in, or perhaps there could be statues set as path markers, so if you follow the direction it's facing it will lead you to another statue, which will eventually lead you to the pond.

I still say stillmoon pond should have some sort of cultural meaning to the elves, but if not then it can just be a really pretty pond/lake with different properties three times a day.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:12 pm

PrinnyDood wrote:
...Although, given the unique nature of Felarya, I can't seem to remember if they even have moon phases there. So perhaps I'm being silly here. sweatdrop
It might have a moon sometimes. Razz
Although it'd have to either be a rare occurrence or a regular thing in order to not disrupt the ecosystem too much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:44 pm

Actually, I think it was said that Felarya has multiple moons, so lycanthropes are never fully transformed. Other idea for Stillmoon, maybe the effects would differ on the phase of the moon in the pond? I also think that the Elves there would worship the moon and probably have a High Priest of the Moon as some cult leader.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: undescribed wiki entries   undescribed wiki entries - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

undescribed wiki entries
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next