Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm finally considering getting into anime.

Go down 
+26
Unit ZER0
CaptainKing
Mortis
Googlememan
Karbo
alliance
Doomguy
DeviantDiscordian
Mark-12
gwadahunter2222
/Fish/
AisuKaiko
Archmage_Bael
Pendragon
aethernavale
Jætte_Troll
Anime-Junkie
Oldman40k2003
Zoekin
Gabriel115
SuperPieGuy9
Saironthis
spike833
dlausactor6373
FalconJudge
itsmeyouidiot
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Also, if you like murder mysteries, you might like Detective Conan. That one's well-established...
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:25 pm

1. TENGA TOPPA GURREN LAGANN

I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Gurren10

2. BOBOBO-BOBO BOBO.

I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Bobobo11

3. MUSHISHI

I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Mushis10

4. YUYU HAKASHO

I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Full_110

Those are some good ones yes.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 5:17 pm

^^^

Pretty good recommendations there. Not too serious, but not too kiddy. *goes to watch some online Bobobo*
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 5:35 pm

Beware, as Bobobo is rather polarizing...
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:22 pm

/Fish/ wrote:

3. MUSHISHI

I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Mushis10.
Watch it. it's good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Please no flaming or trolling.

I don't want to be forced to lock the thread, but I will. You can critique a show or defend it without taking things personally or getting into personal attacks.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Oldman40k2003 wrote:

I don't want to be forced to lock the thread, but I will. You can critique a show or defend it without taking things personally or getting into personal attacks.

What the old geezer with the walking frame said.

NGE seems to be a show you either love or hate. I'm an Asuka fan so I'm afraid it's easy to tell which camp I'm in.

Anyone else like Happy Lesson?
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:42 pm

You want good anime to watch:
1.Full Metal Alchemist, this anime is excellent even if it takes liberty to the original manga.
2.Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, it's not a remake but the original plot of the manga adapted into an anime, Each character are well developed and play an important role, and develop complex ans strong relationship between each other.
3. Hajime no Ippo, it's a anime about a young boy who decide to become boxer, during the story there are many reference to real professional boxer, they explain and show the different stance, technique and style which can exist in boxing, the main character Ippo and his opponents show strong determination which make each match has a unique flavour.

Last edited by gwadahunter2222 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor rephrasing)
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:48 pm

Pendragon wrote:
Avoid anything like Code Gaess, Evangelion, or the later series of Gundam. They're just random Angst ridden emo-fests with douchebags who cry every single moment they get when they're not busy cutting themselves.

I must seriously disagree with you about Neon Genesis Evangelion. (Obviously, serious spoilers ahead.)
Spoiler:

TL;DR non-spoiler version: While Shinji might start out rather angsty and emo (with good cause), you can see by his choices over the course of the series how he matures as a person, until at the end he doesn't much resemble the Shinji at the beginning. To say that Evangelion is "...just random Angst ridden emo-fests with douchebags..." is untrue, unfair, and to miss or ignore the maturation of the characters.

I do have a question for you though Pendragon; what were your thoughts on the book "Ender's Game"?
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:56 pm

To be honest I found NGE a little slow at first and I was seriously considering giving it away. And then I saw the episode in which they meet Asuka Langley Sorya.

>.<

Well-that was it for me. I was hooked. Many anime's later I'm still a fan of the young pilot. She's like a firecracker crossed with Leppy.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:23 pm

That is my point as well. Comparing NGE to Twilight shows a lack of attention. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but some things are just plain wrong and it's wronger still to say them to someone new to the field of anime.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:33 pm

Zoekin wrote:
Oldman40k2003 wrote:

What the old geezer with the walking frame said.

NGE seems to be a show you either love or hate. I'm an Asuka fan so I'm afraid it's easy to tell which camp I'm in.

Anyone else like Happy Lesson?

I'm SO glad someone else here knows and likes that series... Smile
Back to top Go down
Mark-12
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:26 pm

Not really a series...but Macross Plus. Golden Boy, very well done. All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku (1st series...the other 2 are...weird). Dragon Half...sadly the creator HATED what he had created and never completed the series *tear*. Oh...and even though it's very girly...I REALLY did like Sailor Moon (at least the first 3 seasons).
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:08 pm

I liked Dragon half after Tora044 forced (I mean) "encouraged" me to watch it.

Good fun.

Geneshaft is another great show. I liked it so much I made a naga out of one of the characters.

(Karbo knows who I mean)
Back to top Go down
DeviantDiscordian
Hero
Hero
DeviantDiscordian

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:23 am

I think I've brought it up before, but I suggest Bakemonogatari.

The main character is a high school student who is human again after becoming a vampire for a short time, and quickly finds himself involved in the business of unusual apparitions.
Back to top Go down
http://one---winged---angel.deviantart.com/
Mark-12
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:41 am

Wow...I think I vomited kyoot cartoon chipmunks. Like ALL over the place. Repeatedly. And because of that, I forgot what other anime I was going to bring up. Oh yeah...SORT of a hentai-ish...but not really. But very beautiful up until the last few episodes...Sakura Diaries. Really beautiful story...until the end...at which point I wanted to just SLIT my wrist. Also...DNA 2'd. Really awesome anime.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:04 pm

Oldman40k2003 wrote:

TL;DR non-spoiler version: While Shinji might start out rather angsty and emo (with good cause), you can see by his choices over the course of the series how he matures as a person, until at the end he doesn't much resemble the Shinji at the beginning. To say that Evangelion is "...just random Angst ridden emo-fests with douchebags..." is untrue, unfair, and to miss or ignore the maturation of the characters.

I do have a question for you though Pendragon; what were your thoughts on the book "Ender's Game"?

Never heard of it.

And on topic, I feel I have a right to say that Evangelion is garbage to me. I watched the entire series and even suffered through the movie.

I hate anime that takes itself so seriously, puking bible related events everywhere and everyone turning to jello as Shinji goes through all this crap and everyone around him gets a free trip to rape him mentally and nobody gets reprimanded for it. I don't care what development they go through. I really don't. It's a disgrace to all mecha anime (especially since they're NOT EVEN REAL MECHS). Deconstruction? More like a piece of crap.

And I know what you're going to say.

"Ooh, but it has so many meanings and it's fun to watch and they make such deep moral choices about living in the real world hur hur" I'm just not into that.

I'm sorry, but I wish that series dies a horrible death for wasting my time. And I want to verbally castigate the person who came up with it. I've had it up to here with anime like that. It will always cause me to feel ill. Can't I have one mecha series that doesn't throw away the concept of giant robots fighting in favor of showboating their own political views in talking scenes that rival the boredom I feel when I watch Dragonball Z?

Last edited by Pendragon on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:25 pm

Theres a lot of series that I've watched.

excluding the aforementioned animes i'll list some others

1. Hikaru no Go - it's so intense that it made me look up the game online, and now after months of practice im finally starting to get somewhere. (personal favorite)
2. Hunter x Hunter - It's kind of old, but it's still entertaining. It's a fighting anime, similar to yu yu hakusho (made by the same guy)
3. Samurai 7 - Good if you like rediculous fighting XD
4 Spice and Wolf - Karbo recommended this to me, the plot is kind of confusing, but there's some vore elements in it, and I never thought I'd get into an anime that involves an economy. It's really good.
5. Spiral of Destiny - 25 ep mini series. It involves a student looking for his brother who vanished, and gets into a complex plot involving the blade children. It's very intellecutal.
6. Peace Maker - It's about two brothers not long before the industrial revolution in Japan. The Shinsengumi play a big role.
7. Black Cat - It's about a mercenary.
8. Tales of the Abyss - Anyone play the game on gamecube?
9. Afro Samurai - Like bloody anime with Samuel L Jackson Dubbing over the main character? Watch. Nao. XD
10. DNAngel -This one's about a theif named dark.

there's like a bazillion others i've watched but here's a few for ya XD
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:49 pm

If you like Black Cat you can see one of the characters again (sorta) in the series To-Love Ru

It's a great series with lots of fan service and funny characters.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:07 pm

love that anime XD lala-chan is mine :3
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 1:32 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
love that anime XD lala-chan is mine :3

Deal!

Yami-chan is MINE!
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:19 pm

Just saw an episode of FLCL.

What the hell did I just watch?

Last edited by itsmeyouidiot on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:22 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
Just saw an episode of FLCL.

What the hell did I just watch?

Something that is both good and overrated. But mostly good.

Last edited by /Fish/ on Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:21 pm

I just went to my school's anime club, and they were watching some sort of slice-of-life thing called Azumanga Daioh.

My reaction: what.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:33 pm

yeah i'm not an AzD person either.

check out "Index", thats a pretty good anime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm finally considering getting into anime.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next