Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm finally considering getting into anime.

Go down 
+26
Unit ZER0
CaptainKing
Mortis
Googlememan
Karbo
alliance
Doomguy
DeviantDiscordian
Mark-12
gwadahunter2222
/Fish/
AisuKaiko
Archmage_Bael
Pendragon
aethernavale
Jætte_Troll
Anime-Junkie
Oldman40k2003
Zoekin
Gabriel115
SuperPieGuy9
Saironthis
spike833
dlausactor6373
FalconJudge
itsmeyouidiot
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DeviantDiscordian
Hero
Hero
DeviantDiscordian

I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:47 am

Azumanga isn't for everyone. I find people ever love it or hate it.

Archmage_Bael wrote:
check out "Index", thats a pretty good anime.
If by Index you mean To Aru Majutsu no Index I will also recommend it. And also the spin off series, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun.
Back to top Go down
http://one---winged---angel.deviantart.com/
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:40 pm

Just checked out a few anime series:

Full Metal Panic!

Verdict: It's pretty good, kinda mixes all sorts of different genres. Very interesting overall.

Outlaw Star:

Verdict: Nice!

Trigun:

Verdict: Sweet!

Cowboy Bebop:

Verdict: WHERE THE HELL WAS I WHEN THIS CAME OUT!?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:01 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:

Cowboy Bebop:

Laughing
I don't know how I forgot to recommend that one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Doomguy
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Doomguy

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:42 pm

Don't do it. Go for Manwha instead. Priest is the best graphic novel you'll ever read.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:57 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
Just saw an episode of FLCL.

What the hell did I just watch?
The last episode will reveal ALL. Watch the series through, it's only 6 eps.
(YES IT'S A GIANT IRON)
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:39 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
itsmeyouidiot wrote:
Just saw an episode of FLCL.

What the hell did I just watch?
The last episode will reveal ALL. Watch the series through, it's only 6 eps.
(YES IT'S A GIANT IRON)

Like that thing that pops out of his head? Razz

Saiyuki is another good anime as well.
Back to top Go down
Doomguy
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Doomguy

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:59 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
itsmeyouidiot wrote:

Cowboy Bebop:

Laughing
I don't know how I forgot to recommend that one.

That's a good show; very chic.
Back to top Go down
alliance
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
alliance

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 5:57 am

That "essentials" list is severly lacking. May i suggest these awesome titles from my huge collection?

Godannar
UFO ultramaiden valkyrie (so many cat-girls crisis would lose her mind)
Those who hunt Elves
The Slayers
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:31 am

Mhh many good ones have already been mentionned but there is not yet one of my personnal favorite : Kino no Tabi ^_^

The story is basically that of a girl travelling from regions to regions in an imaginary land. Each regions has its own set of rules that are often absurd and surrealist. And the girl ride on a talking moto who love to philosophize on things . That's about it XD

I don't think everyone will like it as it's rather special. There is very little action, it's mostly contemplative but it's damn beautiful. I really love it and recommend it ! Wink

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=575
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
alliance
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
alliance

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:11 am

I think i have seen that.
Crisis surrounded my a legion of cat-girl(neko) maids.
Back to top Go down
Googlememan
Survivor
Survivor
Googlememan

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:16 am

Wolf's Rain was a pretty good anime

Its short thou.
Back to top Go down
http://DecepticonBarricade.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:14 pm

This anime is coming out very soon! It looks promising, and creepy~

I should have said this before, but the name of the anime IS "Another Anime"
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:23 am

I don't know if it has been mentioned already, but I personally recommend "Soul Eater"

Its easily my fave anime, though DBZ would come a close second.
Back to top Go down
CaptainKing
Helpless prey
CaptainKing

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:41 pm

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is possibly the best anime OVA ever made. I'm not even going to try to describe it myself because someone has already done it better than I ever could here is just one of the opening paragraphs.

"LotGH is like the anime equivalent of Michael Mann's Heat when it comes to the two protagonists of Reinhard Lohenngram and Yang Wen-li. They are not in each other’s faces with conflict; they are at a distance yet always on each other's minds. Human civilisation as their chess board. They are not protagonist and antagonist. They are figureheads who are almost comrades in their strong resolves to end a terrible war. They are like magnets drawing fate towards them by their personalities alone; then they back it all up with action and propel humanity into a new century."

The rest is below, I highly recommend you read it if the paragraph above caught your interest (or even better ignore the review and just start downloading the show!)

Spoiler:

Other things I would recommend but in a less verbose manner are Aura Battler Dunbine, Armoured Trooper VOTOMS, The Universal Century gundam metaseries (culminating with Turn A which is imo the best), Space Battleship Yamato, Space Pirate Captain Harlock: Arcadia of my Youth, the list goes on but I should stop somewhere.

EDIT: While I may not have paid enough attention to realise this thread has actually died and been brought back to life (because reading is hard it seems) my point still stands!
Back to top Go down
Unit ZER0
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Unit ZER0

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Folks, I'm rather disappointed in all of you, NO ONE mentioned the granddaddy of them all:

The Original: Mobile Suit Gundam
and it's sequels:
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack

Or one of the best Super Robot series out there: GUNBUSTER

Or the best in old-school cool: The Big O

Other series to note:
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Essential to any collection
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - The 2nd Gig - Essential to any collection
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor - gotta see it to believe it
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing - Perfect
FREEDOM - a good show ('nuff said)
Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 - superhero/horror (Don't watch this with the lights off...)
Argento Soma - psychological drama

Some of the newer stuff is good too...
Solty Rei - starts out light, ends on an serious note
Heat Guy J - works the buddy cop show in a new direction
Dai-Guard - the most plausible usage of a giant robot
GUN X SWORD - Deserts... Giant Robots...
Starship Operators - The most realistic depictions of deep space combat EVER
Last Exile - A must see high-flying adventure

Last edited by Unit ZER0 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:59 pm

Hey dont forget to watch The Anime Birdy The Mighty. Its a great anime and sadly its not as well know as some others out there.
Back to top Go down
Unit ZER0
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Unit ZER0

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:55 pm

luke112 wrote:
Hey dont forget to watch The Anime Birdy The Mighty. Its a great anime and sadly its not as well know as some others out there.

Original or remake? Personally, although it's incomplete, I prefer the original.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 3:05 am

I like them both.
Back to top Go down
CaptainKing
Helpless prey
CaptainKing

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:24 am

Quote :
Folks, I'm rather disappointed in all of you, NO ONE mentioned the granddaddy of them all:

But... I did...

Also Space Battleship Yamato is the granddaddy of anime.
Back to top Go down
Unit ZER0
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Unit ZER0

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:50 am

CaptainKing wrote:
Quote :

But... I did...

Also Space Battleship Yamato is the granddaddy of anime.

Sorry about that, I missed your last post. You're right, Space Battleship Yamato is older than Mobile Suit Gundam, but I was talking about the granddaddy of Real Robot anime. Actually, that brings up an interesting question: Which does everyone prefer? Real Robot, or Super Robot anime? An example of Super Robot anime would be something like Getter Robo, Mazinger Z, or the more recent GUN X SWORD or Gravion. Real Robot anime would be the original Gundam, Martian Successor Nadesico, or the more recent Full Metal Panic! or Gasaraki. And let's not forget Space Opera, like Space Battleship Yamato, The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, or Robotech.
Back to top Go down
CaptainKing
Helpless prey
CaptainKing

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:28 pm

Real robot and super robot are terms invented by Banpresto for SRW and you should feel bad for using them to describe the shows, trying to define shows in such narrow terms is iffy because FMP could easily count as "super robot" depending on your criteria.
Back to top Go down
space_samurai
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
space_samurai

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Okay unit zero you recommended bubblegum crisis 2040, which is a big no-no considering its made for tv crap compares to Bubblegum crisis 2033 ova. As for the other /m/ech show I aprooveI'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Mechalist
Back to top Go down
CaptainKing
Helpless prey
CaptainKing

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:22 pm

But that chart is bad because it doesn't take into account order of viewing, many shows there would be harder to watch without seeing other shows on that list (and it contains Evangelion but that's opinions) and some of the shows on there are just not special compared to ones not on it, if it was made by /m/ that would make sense...considering that /m/ don't actually know anything about gundam any more so their word should be taken with a small truck load of salt (though Turn A is the best gundam)

Also it sources MAHQ which is a site that has a translation of Zodiac as Z'od-iacok.
Back to top Go down
Unit ZER0
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Unit ZER0

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:20 pm

This is just personal preference, but I REALLY hate shows that end incomplete, or have a major downer/mind screw ending. So Escaflowne, Evangalion, and the earlier Bubblegum Crisis shows are right out. (I've seen them, and was not impressed) The shows I love to watch are ones with fairly close to realistic technology (Real Robot) or the logical outgrowths of existing technology (Ghost in the Shell: SAC). Personally I cannot stand fantasy. Too many cop-outs without logical explanations, and too much willing suspension of disbelief. I can believe in Mechanized Infantry utilizing giant robots far more easily than I can believe in the use of uncanny powers. But that's just me. Your mileage may vary. Some super robot shows can be very entertaining, but only if they inject a tone of seriousness, or totally play the "Super Robot" angle straight, shouted attacks and all. One other disappointing thing about some shows is that they move really well (good pacing, good plotting/story-line) and then go all screwy in the last or second to last episode(s). It just leaves you with a bad taste in the mouth, and this feeling of: "Well, there's 12 hours of my life I'm not getting back." (I'm looking at YOU RahXephon...)
Back to top Go down
CaptainKing
Helpless prey
CaptainKing

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:17 pm

I'm not going to talk about realistic technology when it comes to giant robot cartoons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally considering getting into anime.   I'm finally considering getting into anime. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm finally considering getting into anime.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next