Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Magic Thread

Go down 
+17
gwadahunter2222
Shady Knight
Icalasari
Malahite
lami
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Feign
Karbo
jurodan@gmail.com
xlrp
Derilyct
Nyaha
Pendragon
nksrocks
Ravana3k
Rythmear
mangamastermind
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Feign
Marauder of the deep jungle
Feign

Magic Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 4:35 pm

Belt of the Cornucopia: Appearing as a thick leather belt when worn, these items are covered with runes on their inside face. When worn, the Belt completely negates the effects of hunger for one day on anyone the wearer touches. Though several adventuring parties have used this item to successfully ward off predators after a decent chase, most smart predators will want the belt for themselves, making them still just as deadly. Also the belt's magic only works reliably on human-sized subjects, a fact many adventurers find out too late when faced by a giant enemy. The technique to make these belts was lost with Ur-Sagol, and through accident or violence, all but a handful have been destroyed.

If a being chooses to wear the belt, their hunger is permanently tamed as long as they wear it no matter their size. There are rumors of giant predators that have taken this item and chosen to become peaceful ascetics.

Blade of the Scholar: These scimitars are actually rather plentiful in some areas where Trejal is held in high regard. Originally given to the direct followers of the Naga guardian, they allow their wielders to cast arcane spells without magical blood or magical training. Partially intelligent on it's own, the blade will plant the knowledge of up to three spells in the mind of it's wielder each night. If the wielder has need of any of these spells, the gems in the hilt provide the energy to cast it at least once. Each night, the old spells leave the wielder's memories and are replaced with new ones. The blade is smart enough to anticipate the needs of the wielder to a slight degree, and will try to grant spells that are useful.

Over time, these blades gain their own personality reflected in the dreamscapes they choose to educate their owners and the form they choose to appear as in those dreams. Although they are always useful and prised, some Blades of the Scholar are truly nightmarish.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 6:21 pm

Mhh these blades are an awesome concept ! ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Feign
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 6:37 pm

Karbo wrote:
Mhh these blades are an awesome concept ! ^_^
It's a plot device I made for a DnD game a while ago, but I thought it would fit as something that a guardian could craft. In my story, Feign ends up owning one that is broken and therefore much less powerful.

Of note, one of these would not like to have a non-naga bearer, thus making it much more likely to tend towards nightmares.
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Raetsu Lord Pichu

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:24 pm

Hm gonna give this Magic thing a shot...

Name: Inaba Paw of the Lagomorph King
Type: Summoner
What it does: Your average summoning tool, "accidentally" fell into Felarya from another world. Basically the finder can put it on and use it to summon a 'Moozle' (rabbit like demons who work for minimum wage but have no get up and go...), normally this would require specialized training, and the friendship of a Moozle to pull off, but the Inaba Paw bypasses that rule and grants the user this power free of charge. To use the wearer must simply call out the word 'MOOZLES!' and slam their fist to the ground, Moozles will then magically appear before the wearer awaiting orders. The amount that will appear depends on how desperately the wearer needs help, for example if it's a simple task like repairing objects ect, then only 1 or 2 will appear. if it's a life-threatening situation like a voracious beast is about ot maul the user then 6 or more will appear. Moozles will ONLY obey the wearer of the Paw, anyone else who gives them orders will be ignored. The only downsides is that Moozles aren't neccisarily the greatest famaliars around, for every 2 working another 5 are slacking off and also if the Paw happens to get stolen then ownership of the Moozles will immediately shift to the person who stole the Paw, meaning if your wearing it and your buddy takes it from you, any and all the Moozles you summoned will now obey your buddy. Moozles are perfect for scouting areas, building, keeping watch, or fighting off certain predators (though when it comes to predators like, Crisis they're more or less used in the means of sacrifice rather than confrontation...)

Btw nice blades thar Feign *Thumbs Up*
Back to top Go down
http://pimpdaddypichu.deviantart.com/
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:49 am

Gunther walks in and sighs, wiping his brow.

"Ok, Crisis has calmed down and left... for now. However, I do have one more device to show you all."

He reaches over his back and produces a long thin log.

"To the untrained eye... it's a normal log. Nothing out of the ordinary... but this log has a special quality that can make it invaluable to the explorer on a cold night."

He snaps out a lighter and ignites one end - the log catching alight surprisingly fast and beginning to burn steadily, the end glowing and puffing out smoke.

"It never burns out... the log will always remain the same size when affected by fire. So naturally, it makes excellent kindling when the snow is -"

"Is that..." A voice says from high above Gunther. He leaps to his feet and turns around and looks upwards, a sweat drop appearing beneath his brow.

"Oh Hi Anna." He said in his business like voice. "Thought this might interest you."

"It is isn't it!" She said with her eyes fixed on the burning log.

"Sweety it can be whatever you want it to be for the small price of not eating me."

"Gunther, you've got yourself a deal!"

Gunther nods politely and holds up the log for Anna to take. She grins and turns and slithers away.

The instant she's out of sight - Gunther grins.

"See, told you I could charm a Naga. As I was saying, that WAS an ever burning log. You can get them from a tree deep in the heart of Felarya... I discovered it one day when I fell asleep under it, woke up the next morning and found every tree for some distance around had been burned to a crisp - EXCEPT the one I was under. Useful huh?"

He puts his boots up.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 5:15 am

Rythmear wrote:

hahaha XD

Mhh this is a great idea ! I'll add this one to the plant section Razz
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 5:49 pm

Karbo wrote:
Rythmear wrote:

hahaha XD

Mhh this is a great idea ! I'll add this one to the plant section Razz

WOOT! *Dances*
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 1:45 pm

What about magic spells and such? What good are magic enhancers if there's no magic to enhance?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
mangamastermind
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
mangamastermind

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 2:18 pm

FurryKurry wrote:
What about magic spells and such? What good are magic enhancers if there's no magic to enhance?

hmmm, he has a point. I will post some.

Cocito kingdom - a extremely powerful ice spell. It can only be used by someone that has the ability to use coldfire or has a coldfire crystal. It creates a ice blast so powerful, that it can freeze a Lava elemental instantly. It can also make to volcano that it was on, inactive for about 3000 years. The spell is very tiering, even to a Succubi. After it is used the user will eather pass out, or be extremely tired. It is only to be used as a last ditch effort.

Serpent Breath - a basic fire spell. It allows the user to breath fire. With enough training the user can cast it without a incantation. The longest distance that a human a casted it is 60ft.

Wound seal - a basic healing spell. It heals the user or targets wounds to a degree of the magic the user has. It is a requirement to learn this magic to pass med school in Felarya.
Back to top Go down
nksrocks
nksrocks

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 4:47 pm

Spells huh? Yeah, FurryKurry is right. In fact, I posted stuff about ehnancers so I feel a little guilty ^^;

here we go:

***Ensectalis armour***

spell target: owner
type: phisical mutation/ehnancement
explanation: this is a self-empowering spell. Effective in two-three seconds after the summoning.
The skin of the caster turns into a very resistant and heavy chitin armour, somekind of endoskeleton all over the owner's body granting him a resistance to almost all direct phisical hits.In this state, the mage, or the warrior, can even take a couple of hits from a giant naga's tail and result unharmed.
The bad thing is that this armour is really heavy and the caster loses almost all of his agility and the movements are quite limitate.

The spell can endure from a minimum of ten seconds to a maximum of 10 minutes but the armour thickness and resistance starts decreasing from the very casting so the better thing is to cast it with a good timing just before receiving the hit denying almost all the damage and before the armour disappears, prepare for the summoning of a more powerful spell that requires more time to be casted.

This spell is oftenly used by mages when they must cast heavier spells, for usually while casting, they are an easy target. Ensectalis armour requires a medium-low amount of magic energy.

***Flaming grave***

spell target: air
type: strategic / attack - fire element
explanation: aside from the name, this spell doesn't evoke fire itself. This one can evoke just a tremendous heat and concentrate it into a determined air space, causing the spontaneous combustion of oxygen, dust and every little particle into the attack range. It doesn't work directly on living beings or solid targets.
The heat into the spell range reaches into the midst almost 750 degrees.

This spell can endure for almost 15 minutes, even if the caster is just an average level mage and it shows itself as an invisible wall of distortion (the heatened air causes somekind of "mirage" effect, like in the desert)
Actually, if a creature accidentally steps, or falls into the core of the spell, its blood will start boiling instantly.
Though, this wall ain't so large, so if someone runs across it in a rush the damage will be low. But the spell core is in constant, fast movement inside the spell range to keep the temperature high, so cross this spell can result really dangerous in every case.

Don't cast the flaming grave on living beings, it takes almost two minutes to reach the maximum heat, raising gradually the temperature, so the target can easily move out from the spell range in time and without any harm.
Back to top Go down
http://nksrocks.deviantart.com/
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 3:15 am

ugh oh, Items are one thing z.z but spells now? thats gotta be hard to balance, good thing theres errata
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 11:15 am

I have magic ideas of my own, seeing as my character Kuro knows Electricity-based spells.

He knows the basic firing off lightning shocks, but he can also change his body into pure energy, sort of like a storm sprite. I'm actually still trying to figure out where I should post all the spells he currently knows. Should I post them on this topic, or should I put them on the "your characters?" topic?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 11:58 am

For some reason, I want to see a spell which places a Mansion-sized estate in an object the size of a Tackle-box (Magical items much larger inside than outside aren't that uncommon).

Why?

Item + Permenancy + Otilukes Resilient Sphere = Captive Wizard living inside a Naga's stomach.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 12:26 am

youd need a pretty high level caster to hold a mansion.
Back to top Go down
jurodan@gmail.com
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 12:37 am

I don't know if it holds true for Nagas, but magic doesn't work inside a succubus stomach.
Back to top Go down
nksrocks
nksrocks

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 3:05 am

jurodan@gmail.com wrote:
I don't know if it holds true for Nagas, but magic doesn't work inside a succubus stomach.

Actually many predator stomachs can drain magic. At a high rate. =_=

But this "box spell" could be possible depending on the material used for the "box"
Even knowing that -for example- a naga's stomach can easily digest a piece of steel, maybe there may be some material, magic or artificial, that can do it.

Many "magic materials" can be found in legends, fables, books... maybe one of these should do.
Even some metallic materials from the reality were said to hold mystic powers, one of these, the damascus metal.
Back to top Go down
http://nksrocks.deviantart.com/
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 2:01 pm

nagas and many other preds say nothing about draining magaic,
Back to top Go down
Icalasari
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Icalasari

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 8:28 pm

I would like to add an artifact that I made a few years ago, and often use in rps:

Shadow Sword

Made of Shadow Metal and Iron, this blade is harder than diamond. Due to a mistake made when creating this sword, it became living. Approach at your own risk, as this sword has a highly potent venom that drives the victim insane. The cure is, ironically, its stomach acid. However, this acid can be replaced with another one whenever it chooses. The second acid only dissolves hair and bacteria.

When exposed to powerful magic, this sword will mutate, temporarily, into a giant, rampaging basilisk. After it calms down, it returns to normal and sleeps. The size it becomes depends on how powerful the magic is. It can fuse with its owner, and will feed off of the blood to repair itself if it somehow becomes damaged.

One of a kind.

Heh... A sword that doubles as a pred... Who could have seen THAT coming in Felarya? [/sarcasm]
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:40 pm

Van Transletore's Speculum.

A shamanistic doctor from a parallel dimension to Earth created a unique Speculum which he used to accurately discover exactly what was wrong with his patients. Initially, it appeared that the enchantment he had woven on the tool only allowed him to, for brief periods of time, trade physical senstions with his patients.

As a doctor, he was un-rivaled, and he knew every disease from the feel of it by the end of his career. By trading sensations with his patients, he was able to quite literally 'feel their pain', and from that he could quickly and accurately guess what their disease was and treat it accordingly. Unfortunately, what the late shaman didn't realize was his spell took greater effect the longer it touched his patient.

He discovered, fatally, that leaving the device in proximity to the patient for more than fifteen minutes begins to not only make you feel their pain, but to adopt it.

Van Transletore died of a disease that wasn't even his when he was unable to determine the source of it...

The reason he could not understand the disease was that it wasn't normal. It had mutated inside its host... who herself was anything but normal.

This particular patient was a fairy from Felarya. During a particularly nasty musical storm, she had been swept through a dimensional gateway into his dimension, and, no longer under the protective spell of Felarya's atmosphere, quickly fell ill.

Reacting to her unnatural cellular structure, the disease mutated, and, when forced inside the doctor by his speculum, caused him to die in a matter of moments, overwhelming his fragile defensive system.

Unfortunately, the speculum worked both ways, and the Fairy found herself temporarily without any of her abilities - the ability to change size, the ability to fly, or anything she had instinctually known.

From her accounts, the effect of the speculum after only fifteen minutes of contact stripped her of her power for three full hours.

Later users experimented with the speculum as she brought it back to Felarya. Prolonged exposure has numerous other effect, known only to a small group of fairies, and previously to one ill-fated young man.

A single human thief stole the speculum when he observed an effect it had on one of the fairies who was testing it on one of their human captives. The human, who had previously going to be their food, had been pinned down by two of the fairies. They had both grown themselves, and while one held the tiny man in her hand, the other used the speculum to test what happened over a long period of time.

As they discovered, half an hour of exposure will cause not only internal change, but external as well. The fairy, in moment of surprised fear, found the human rapidly growing, even as she shrank.

Suffice to say, the man attempted to fight his way out and escape, but the second fairy was still holding him. She attempted to shrink him, but the mans adopted resitance to the spell allowed him brief immunity, and she was forced to use brute strength to hold him there.

While their attention was elsewhere however, the second human entered the clearing and stole the speculum from the human sized fairy. Without her powers, she was helpless to stop him through magic, so she gave chase to him on foot.

However, fate had other plans.

The determined thief had only managed to run twenty yards when an Umbra emerged from a log beside him and, in one swift motion, wrapped it's shadowy form around him and swept him off into the jungle.

Nobody has seen the speculum since, but since Umbra's do not digest their preys equipment, it is clear that it is out there somewhere in the deep jungle, waiting to give the little man the power of those greater than him...

The human test subject later reverted to his normal size, and was consumed shortly after.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:20 am

That's an interesting piece of equipement you imagined here ^_^

And I don't know if it's an error or not but : "musical storm" I loved the sound of it Razz

ALso I added your everburning tree idea ^^
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 2:28 pm

The Musical storm was something else I was thinking up, but... I haven't really entered an entry for it yet ^^;

It'll make sense later, but it's got something to do with Felarya's weather cycle. I haven't completely developed the idea yet, but the basic essence of it is that it's a cachophany of sound. In the same way that people can either be lightly sprinkled with rain or absolutely lashed with it depending on the severity of the volume of rain, the same thing applies with a musical storm.

A light musical storm is common enough, and is the kind of thing you read about in fairy tales when it seems that the trees are singing because of the wind whistling through them. But it isn't simple wind... (I haven't decided what causes it yet - but the effect is clear) whenever the musical storm is strong enough, which is rare but not unheard of, the noise and sound of both voice, melody and music can be deafening. Like a storm, it is localized over certain areas, though rarely in the same volumes as rain, so the storms are usually much softer. Though they carry no physical presence, being only sound, the only physical damage they do is to the senses. They are devastating to creatures of all shapes and sizes, and only being firmly within something solid, like a cave or tree will shield creatures from the noise. (Dryads are immune to musical storms for this reason) Their senses will be bombarded with confusing noise. This causes most creatures (especially Nagas) to instinctually flee, because they feel blinded without their hunting senses. Fortunately, because the noise of a musical storm can be heard far off, most creatures have time to seek shelter, but those unfortunate enough to be exposed full force for a number of minutes can temporarily lose their senses, particularly hearing - which as you can imagine, can be quite a handicap.

The effects have never been permanent in recorded Felarya history - though this may be because any unfortunate victims have never been around long enough, or in any fit condition to tell about it.

The Fairy in my story had been sleeping, and was awoken by the rapidly approaching musical storm, and fled blindly through a portal into the human world.

Last edited by on Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 2:11 am

Mhh this is definitely a great idea ! There is many thing to do with that Smile

<<<< They are devastating to creatures of all shapes and sizes, and only being firmly within something solid, like a cave or tree

I just didn't understood this sentence ^^;
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 2:51 am

O shit >.< thanks for pointing that out, I didn't finish the sentence... read it now - it should be correct.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 11:49 am

nksrocks wrote:
jurodan@gmail.com wrote:

Actually many predator stomachs can drain magic. At a high rate. =_=

But this "box spell" could be possible depending on the material used for the "box"
Even knowing that -for example- a naga's stomach can easily digest a piece of steel, maybe there may be some material, magic or artificial, that can do it.

Many "magic materials" can be found in legends, fables, books... maybe one of these should do.
Even some metallic materials from the reality were said to hold mystic powers, one of these, the damascus metal.

Mentioned the resilient sphere as it is suppossedly a sphere that nothing (Except a Magic-Barrier targeting spell) can remove, nor enter/escape from.

Put said sphere around the box after you enter, and huzah!

Also, I thought the thing was Naga stomachs had a high Magic Resistance, not Magic-Draining abilities?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 12:04 pm

Malahite wrote:

Also, I thought the thing was Naga stomachs had a high Magic Resistance, not Magic-Draining abilities?

You are right Smile
Only deerataurs and some succubi have a stomach that drain magic.
Most nagas don't even have a magic resistant stomach, it's just very very solid ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magic Thread
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next