Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Magic Thread

Go down 
+17
gwadahunter2222
Shady Knight
Icalasari
Malahite
lami
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Feign
Karbo
jurodan@gmail.com
xlrp
Derilyct
Nyaha
Pendragon
nksrocks
Ravana3k
Rythmear
mangamastermind
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

Magic Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 5:58 pm

Yeah that was the impression I had.
Back to top Go down
nksrocks
Marauder of the deep jungle
nksrocks

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 8:13 am

-ups!- ^^;

I think I messed up a little with the info, shame on me Sad

(goes immediately to study on Felarya wiki)
Back to top Go down
http://nksrocks.deviantart.com/
jurodan@gmail.com
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 10:16 am

nksrocks wrote:
-ups!- ^^;

Meh, nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes. Hell, I made one too. Don't beat yourself up about it.
Back to top Go down
nksrocks
nksrocks

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 6:10 am

jurodan@gmail.com wrote:
nksrocks wrote:
-ups!- ^^;

Meh, nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes. Hell, I made one too. Don't beat yourself up about it.

hehe ^^; Don't worry, I was just exaggerating a bit Smile
Back to top Go down
http://nksrocks.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 2:03 pm

I think I need a little insight...?

Shocs-- The basic lightning-shooting spell. Originally used by saying 'Shocs' and makiing a circular motion in the air, and centering the target in the middle of the circle.
* Nowadays, most users of this spell are able to use it by clapping their hands together and motioning towards their target.

Sparcs-- Slightly advanced ability to send electricity through an object by touching it. Originally used by saying the name and making a circle motion on the the target. (this method proved difficult against moving targets)
* Nowadays, most users are able to use it by clapping their hands and touching their target.

Boltus-- Advanced ability to transform into pure lightning energy for up to a certain maximum amount of time. The maximum is determined by the user's ability, but the user can transform back into their original form before this time point is reached (and doing so is highly reccomended to conserve magic energy). Originally used with a magic amplifier, and by saying the incantation 'Boltus Shock' to cause movement of magic energy at high speeds within the body.
* Nowadays, most users are able to use it by channelling their magic energy throughout their body and clapping their hands to increase the speed of it.

!! Imprtant: Attempting 'Boltus' spell without a sufficient magic amplifier can be disasterous: If the explosion doesn't kill you, you'll make a toasty snack for some nearby predator that heard and saw the blast.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 6:04 pm

Elemental Cores: Those are the essence of the Elements they left in each living worlds. They are about twice the size of a pearl and look like colored spheres. They contain massive Hell Elemental powers and can greatly increase the power of it's corresponding Element. Only someone with Hell oriented powers can use them and only take effect when inserted in certain Amulets or Bracelets. There's only nine of them, each with it's distinctive Element. They are sought by Elemental Knights with Hell powers as they are necessary for them to unlock their full powers. Once their powers reach maturity, the Cores are once again scattered around the world.

Elemental Stones: The counterpart of the Elemental Cores. They are the essence of the Elements as well and greatly increase the power of it's Element, but contain massive Heaven powers instead. They look like big gems about the size of a Basket-Ball and they are the same color of it's corresponding Element, but each has a different shape. The Fire Stone is shaped like a flame, Water a droplet, Wind a crescent, Earth a rock, Lightning a bolt, Ice a glacier, Wood a leaf, Light a sphere and Shadow a purple crystal with a black sphere inside. They are only useful to Heaven power users, but they don't need to be inserted into anything to take effect. Instead, the stone just seem to embed itself into your body without actually taking an atom of space. They can be extracted anytime easily, you just have to want to and it will appear in your hands. Others can extract it by wanting it themselves, but the holder of the stones must either be willing to give them, or be too weak to keep them from being stolen. Elemental Knights with Heaven oriented powers will seek the stones in order to unlock their latent Elemental powers and scatter them once again once mature.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 6:15 pm

Lucky Dice Bag of Minalca: An enchanted bag of dice of unknown origin found in the depths of some nameless section of the forest. Those in possession of the full bag of dice are found to have extreme luck in nearly all circumstances. A predator will miss you for unknown reasons. A beach will wash a chest of gold up to you. You'll find an artifact while digging a latrine.

This luck comes at a price, however. The bad-luck you would normally acquire builds up inside the bag, and cannot be avoided while you are still in possession of the bag. Eventually, the 'bad' luck will go 'critical', and a horrendous chain of unlucky events will befall you (or whoever is in current possession of the bag) until all the 'bad' luck is gone.

Very few survive the chain of bad luck. In fact, multiple people tend to die of bad luck before the cycle starts over again. As such, a common practice has been to test the bag until you believe the 'limit' is about to be reached, and then pass it on and never seek it out again. While this can work, it is often too late as the 'bad luck' will have already came into effect and the bag will inevitably wind up back in your hands.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 4:35 am

That's a great idea ! I really loved the idea of chain bad luck as a price. There is definitely something to do with that Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 10:30 am

Wouldn't it be interesting to learn that the the magic properties in Felarya could be used in other ways than magic?

Say, for example, alchemy?
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 11:11 am

FurryKurry wrote:
Wouldn't it be interesting to learn that the the magic properties in Felarya could be used in other ways than magic?

Say, for example, alchemy?

As using the properties of the different plants like poison or medecine Question

I think it's possible after all we always transform the material in other things Wink
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 11:58 am

Thing is, why would someone attempt to turn lead into gold on Felarya? Why waste such time on that when one could just as easily spend time on researching a pill that makes you grow massive steel spikes out of your skin when grabbed by a predator?
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 12:11 pm

Malahite wrote:
Thing is, why would someone attempt to turn lead into gold on Felarya? Why waste such time on that when one could just as easily spend time on researching a pill that makes you grow massive steel spikes out of your skin when grabbed by a predator?
The problem with that although you have this ability you will be eaten Very Happy
If a naga can not eat you, you will become the favorite prey of the silver succubi Laughing
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 12:18 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Malahite wrote:
The problem with that although you have this ability you will be eaten Very Happy
If a naga can not eat you, you will become the favorite prey of the silver succubi Laughing
Do Succubi like to have spikes impale them when swallowing?

Actually, do I want you to answer that?
Back to top Go down
observer88
observer88

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 12:34 pm

Wiki sais:

Quote :
Also, the skin of a silver succubus is totally immune to any kind of metal, magical or otherwise. Should a metal weapon strike a Silver Succubus it either breaks, or bounces off harmlessly.

Although it didn't mention anything about her insides... hmmm.....
Back to top Go down
http://observer88.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 12:35 pm

Malahite wrote:
Do Succubi like to have spikes impale them when swallowing?

Actually, do I want you to answer that?[/quote]

You say massive steel spikes so this not a problem for a silver because she is immune against any kind of metal, a fire she can mealt them and a ice she can emprison her prey in a chunk of ice Very Happy

The most important is not to developp one ability but many and different ability, if you are specialize in one thing you become easier to predict. Always have an hidden card Very Happy

Quote :
Although it didn't mention anything about her insides... hmmm.....

It's said the stomach of the succubus are very resistant both to physical and magical damages so the trick to survive is not to arrive inside, but the predator know you dant want to be swallow so it will developp skill to get you inside Very Happy

There is no one but many way to survive to a encounter with a predator, if you escape one you need to prepare to meet the other one. If you survive to a naga today, the same naga can eat you tomorrow. In clear no matter what you will do, it will always depend of you and not of our ability Very Happy

In clear nothing is futile.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 12:46 pm

Quote :
Also, the skin of a silver succubus is totally immune to any kind of metal, magical or otherwise. Should a metal weapon strike a Silver Succubus it either breaks, or bounces off harmlessly.

Now, I wouldn't exactly say that. There are a few things capable to getting free of a sucubi's stomach.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 1:00 pm

I will conclude because, we are off-topic Embarassed
In my opinion to survive in Felarya will depend of how you will analyze or understand the situation. The key is how to adapt to the situation and find a way to not finish inside the predator. In clear let's do how humans survive in our world and even with their technology, they use their brain and their hands and feet. In clear is just a question of personnality and will Wink
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 4:15 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
I will conclude because, we are off-topic

Can one comment on alchemy really start that big a riot? Wow!
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 4:17 pm

FurryKurry wrote:
gwadahunter2222 wrote:
I will conclude because, we are off-topic

Can one comment on alchemy really start that big a riot? Wow!

It's just because you ask a new question. It's something which can happen in debate Razz
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 6:58 pm

I've got some ideas...
Name: Cloak of Darkness
Type: Magical artifact
Origin: Unknown
Often confused with cloak of a shadows or a cloak of invisibility (of which there are more than one) the Cloak of Darkness is unique. Instead of rendering the wearer invisible, as a cloak of invisibility would, the Cloak of Darkness wreaths itself and its wearer in a kind of black mist. This mist renders the wearer of the cloak completely invisible when in shadow. However, in brightly lit areas the cloak will show up like an angel in hell.
The Cloak is impervious to heat, electricity, acid and magic. This quality makes is highly prized by adventurers that wish to explore the more dangerous parts of Felarya.

Name: Dark Mist
Type: Spell
Requirements: Cloak of Darkness
Effect: Fills an area around the caster with a black light-absorbing mist, similar to the mist that emanates from the Cloak of Darkness. The mist disperses after 10-20 minutes.
Uses: Used mainly in escaping from predators, this spell can also be used to get behind an enemy, as only the wearer of the cloak can see throught the mist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 12:05 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
The Cloak is impervious to [...] acid

And now we have a new Anti-Digestion Tool.

"Spit me up now, or so help me, I'll eat all the food before your stomach does its job!"
Back to top Go down
dreadis
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dreadis

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 12:48 pm

Malahite wrote:
Anime-Junkie wrote:
The Cloak is impervious to [...] acid

And now we have a new Anti-Digestion Tool.

the clock is impervious to acid...it dosent say it makes the one wearing it impervious to acid(predatory loophole)

in order to protect yourself in the stomace you would have to wear it in a way that left no gaps for acid to enter intill you umm...pass

also good luck keeping enough air in the thing that long
(srry to point out the details)
Back to top Go down
http://dreadis.deviantart.com
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 1:18 pm

Malahite : I used the idea behind the lucky dice of Minalca Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
mangamastermind
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
mangamastermind

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 2:45 pm

Had an idea how to catorgrise Magic users in felarya.

Magicly talented- This usually applies to anyone that goes onto felarya, with some exceptions. The users are usualy young children that have not been given magical training yet. The most they can do is a magic force blow, or something simler along the lines of an element they are tuned into. They arnt much threat to predictors though.

Magical Threat: minimal - low

Rooky Magi- These are Magi that have been given training in the basic forms of Magic, although they need much more practice to make there spells and incantations effective. Although they are no match of the great majority of pred's, they can get away IF they are tricky enough (which is rare because most are cocky.)

Magical threat: Very low - low

Apprentice Magi- These are Magi that are being given training under a experenced teacher of one of the higher ranks. most of the time this is in large training grounds to train the most possable in smaller time. By this point, most know the basic spells, and are beginning to learn the more advanced ones.

Magical threat: low - Moderate

Journeyman Magi- There Magi have mastered the basic's of spell casting, and eather take on Rooky Magi are there desipels, go to learn the more advanced spells themselfs, or persue other opertunitys for enployment (although 90% will eaten in some way if they do). They can be dangerous to normal pred's that arnt ready for them.

Magical threat: Moderate - high

*Note: Magical creatures like Succubi or Fairies that naturaly know there spells are mostly put in this rank.

Master Magi- These Are Masters of magic and have mastered the Basic and advanced forms or one or all of the elements of magic, and use the legendary "master Spells". There numbers are unknown, mostly due to the fact that most do there own things and dont tend to draw to much atenchen to themselfs. Most obtain this rank by doing something amazing with there magic, such as concoring a kingdom singlehanded, or defeating a Elemental. Most of these Magi are very experenced in Felarya, and are very dangerous to most preditors that come at them.

Magical Threat: High - Critical

Grand Master Magi- The most powerful magi known. Only Two known people have reached this rank in the human catagory, the rest are eather killed by the guardians, or are Guardians themselfs. There Magic is enough to cause most beings to pass out if they dont have enough resistance. Only Guardans can match them.

Magical Threat: Extreme
Back to top Go down
Derilyct
Helpless prey
Derilyct

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:14 am

collar of teleportation- worn around the neck, allows the wearer short-distance teleportation.
Designed as a collar because when you wear it, you become subject to it's will. It's survival is dependent on your own, so it only activates itself in life-threatening situations. Scholars who study it have found it to have an animal's level of sentience, so it can learn through expiriences and feed off the thoughts of the wearer for destination ideas. With each teleport it becomes slightly hotter, eventually burning a scar around the neck of the veteran user.
This, however, does not mean that you can control when or where you are teleported, and that the older a collar, the better. example:
falling into the open mouth of a naga, you are teleported fifteen feet forward and fall onto the naga's eye. Poking them in the eye makes them cringe and look down, allowing you to fall. Since it also conserves momentum, it could risk burning your neck to activate several teleports toward the ground to lessen your velocity, or teleport you onto the naga's shoulder.
However, since nobody has survived a Naga's stomach, no collar has either, and therefore wouldn't know how to escape.

glove of disruption - disrupts/interrupts spells by having the user point at the spell being cast. Only effective during cast time, so especially quick mages don't fear it (or quick items, like the one above, which is instantaneous), and the user must be accurate. Ancient and/or powerful magic are harder to interrupt/disrupt, depending on the will of the user and the caster.
Ingenious scholars have combined it with storage-type spells that reduce the size and weight of objects for easy storage; these spells are passive and therefore easily disrupted. The glove affects the rematerialization segment of the spell and slightly distorts the shape of the object. Large aluminum spheres, when stored and disrupted, instantaneously expand; this molds them into explosion-type shapes (metal is extremely malleable at those speeds) and very high temperatures from air friction (at those speeds, the smallest amount will cause a great amount of heat because of the velocity), which can pierce just about any non-enchanted/magically-enhanced material known to man.
They explain it this way: "If you were to drop an incredibly heavy metal rod from, say, your hand, it would only make a small dent in the ground. But if you were to drop it from miles high in the air, it would move so fast that when it struck the ground, nothing could stop it."
Seeing the dangers these gloves present, a hunt for them took place decades ago, and now only few remain at universities, museums, and government facilities--all under the strictest of security.

Lengthless rope - self-explanatory. the rope has an endless length determined by its user. The 'endless' is theoretical-studies have shown that humans and the majority of other creatures have a finite mind, therefore limiting it's length by the limits of the user's mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic Thread   Magic Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magic Thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next