Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Snail girls

Go down 
+12
Jasconius
Asuroth
AisuKaiko
Warrior3000
Reptillian
Pendragon
Karbo
Feadraug
Shady Knight
rcs619
Anime-Junkie
Slimetoad
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Snail girls - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 10:47 am

Slimetoad wrote:
Since they would be hermaphroditic
I don't know if they would be hermaphroditic. I don't think all snails are hermaphrodites.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:01 am

I figured that since slug girls were herms, then it'd make sense that snails girls were, as well. Of course, I'm uneducated on the difference between the two creatures, but yeah.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:02 am

Well, some species of freshwater snails DO have distinct genders, but no, for the most part all gastropods are herms.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:15 am

Slimetoad wrote:
Well, some species of freshwater snails DO have distinct genders, but no, for the most part all gastropods are herms.

You know, I'd almost vote to have them be multi-gendered to help make them different. Some snails DO have distinct genders, afterall. This way they aren't just "slug-girls with shells", and it would open the way for a few more male preds.

Yay equality.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:17 am

And then there exists a group of "shelled slugs" that have just these tiny drop-like shells at the tip of their tails

Oxymoron-ess at its best
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:21 am

Slimetoad wrote:
And then there exists a group of "shelled slugs" that have just these tiny drop-like shells at the tip of their tails

Oxymoron-ess at its best

Lol, I had a random idea.

Slug guy: *looks down at the human girl* "Hey, baby. Wanna come back to my place for a bit?"
Girl: "Umm...well, I wouldn't want to impose"
Slug-guy: "No worries, pretty lady" *reaches back and taps his shell* "I keep it with me"
Back to top Go down
Asuroth
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Asuroth

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:31 am

I know, so original, but I also support and love this idea...clearly the drawing was no coincidence haha. The way you have them more of a friendly thing towards smaller species is neat and they act distinctly enough to be separated from slug girls to be apparant. Keep at it and let's see if we can get this new species on there =D!

Also...
Quote :
Their brand of ultra-slow cuteness shall slowly creep its way across the community...very slowly. So slow you may not even realize it until it is too late. lol

Am I the only one who thought of the Horribly Slow Murder with the Extremely Ineffecient Weapon at this again haha? You also made me imagine a snail girl using a spoon bopping some random slug girl...Damn you Cliff XD.
Back to top Go down
http://asuroth.deviantart.com/
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:34 am

A snail girl fight would be one of the slowest things ever to watch in Felarya. XD

Probably you'd be eaten by something else before it ends
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Here's a (joking) idea;
The way dryads get their "hair" (or head leaves/vines/etc) cut and styled is snail girls!

Then the trimmings are eaten.

Snip-snip, nom-nom. Razz

Anyway, it makes sense. Dryad leaves/vines/what-have-you, probably have a unique taste, maybe even unique to each dryad.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 12:23 pm

Of course, if they end with their "hair" eaten, they knew the risks when they accepted it!
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 2:33 pm

I support this idea.

Seeing how ravenous these would be, especially the herbivorous ones, perhaps their slime trails have a unique magical property that greatly increases the growth of plants, allowing areas where they've cleared out the vegetation to quickly regrow?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 2:47 pm

Jasconius wrote:
I support this idea.

Seeing how ravenous these would be, especially the herbivorous ones, perhaps their slime trails have a unique magical property that greatly increases the growth of plants, allowing areas where they've cleared out the vegetation to quickly regrow?
Nah, they inhabit jungle, there's heaps of fruits and vegetation. I doubt they'd entirely clear it. They're not super common or anything.
Just seems unnecessary to add something like that.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 3:02 pm

Yeah, i would really only see that happening if Felarya flooded and the snails came by the thousands or something o3o
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:08 pm

As it has been said before, snail-girls wouldn't be that common. Imagine what would happen if they were common. Dryads would be shivering in fear. xD
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Jew
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Jew

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:14 am

I like this idea. Snails always struck me as really chill guys, they only eat plants and all that, so I like how snail people are mostly gentle giants too.

About them letting people hide in their shells though, would you really be willing to do that? Most of the shell acts as protection for the internal organs, with the snail body taking up most of the rest of the space, so it'd be a tight fit. And they ooze a lot of slime to keep themselves lubricated, and when they sleep they make a sort of cork thing made out of snail snot to protect them. I don't think too many people would be lining up for it, unless it was kinda their thing or something.

I could see them grabbing their friends and retreating into their shells to protect them though, that'd be cute.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:30 am

Yeah, that was my idea more or less.

And i wasn't really saying they were going that far inside the shells, just enough for them to be hidden without running out of space, or the snail smothering them with mucus. It would be last-minute-idea sort of tactic, thought.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 8:04 am

I'm liking that idea Smile
Lot of interesting traits that have been added in the course of the thread. I especially liked the pruning dryad hair one lol!
Now we should find a proper name I think.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 8:23 am

How about "Helicoids"

Based on Helicoidea, the group normal land snails belong to
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:29 am

Quote :
I especially liked the pruning dryad hair one lol!
Thanks! cheers
Slimetoad wrote:
How about "Helicoids"

Indeed, it makes sense.
Or we could follow the current trend in naming tauric species and name them "Helitaurs."
Hmm, that sounds a bit odd though.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:37 am

Helicotaurs, maybe?
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:43 am

Not sure about the "Taur" naming. That usually implies legs of some kind whenever I hear it. Good name nonetheless.

I like Helicoids slightly better though. It's got a ring to it.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:48 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Quote :
I especially liked the pruning dryad hair one lol!
Thanks! cheers
Slimetoad wrote:
How about "Helicoids"

Indeed, it makes sense.
Or we could follow the current trend in naming tauric species and name them "Helitaurs."
Hmm, that sounds a bit odd though.

I don't know about Helitaurs. Helicoids has a nicer ring to it.

Speaking of that, do slug-girls have an "official" name? They do have it a bit easier though, I guess. Being a one-gender race means that slug-girl applies to all of them.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:48 am

Pendragon wrote:
Not sure about the "Taur" naming. That usually implies legs of some kind whenever I hear it. Good name nonetheless.

I like Helicoids slightly better though. It's got a ring to it.
Indeed.
I'm not sure which name would be better, they both fit.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:50 am

Even Cliff think Slug Girls need a more proper name? I would propose some play on the word Limace since it's French for Slug.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:52 am

Keeping on the theme, how about Limacoids?

And yeah, i prefer Helicoids better too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snail girls
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next