Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Snail girls

Go down 
+12
Jasconius
Asuroth
AisuKaiko
Warrior3000
Reptillian
Pendragon
Karbo
Feadraug
Shady Knight
rcs619
Anime-Junkie
Slimetoad
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Snail girls - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:38 am

Well I personnaly see no problem with the name of slug girls. It offers some variety. You have specific names : pantaur, mantoids etc and one that don't follow that trend. As long as it don't become systematic, I find that fine.

As for the name helicoid / helicotaur, I'm not really convinced ^^; I would go for something maybe more far away than that "helico" word. I'm brainstorming about it right now Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:54 am

Hummm....what about Escargoid?

Kind of cliché but is straight to the point Razz
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:17 am

Mhh there is some words we can base ourselves on I think ^^
eucobresia planorbe achatina limnae gasteropod ( and indeed escargot )
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:44 am

Ooooh, I like Achatina. Those are typically giant snails, so it's perfect XD

Hmmm...but i still dunno what sounds better... Achatinoid? Achanoid? Achatan?
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:03 am

rcs619 wrote:

Yep. I think someone did propose Sea Slug girls a while back, but I don't think the idea ever really got too far.

It's mentioned in the wiki, so it's already official. (I noticed it when I was looking stuff up for a story, a few days ago.)

As for snail girls, they've been brought up a few times, and I've always assumed they exist. Zoekin had some in one story, and timing2 had a gigantic one slither through in one of his stories.

I imagine they tend to be the "gentle giants" of Felarya, patient and friendly, perhaps a little detached from all the dashing around that everyone else seems to be doing.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:06 am

Slimetoad wrote:
Ooooh, I like Achatina. Those are typically giant snails, so it's perfect XD

Hmmm...but i still dunno what sounds better... Achatinoid? Achanoid? Achatan?

My personal opinion, but either Achatinoid or Achanoid would be OK. Dunno what others think... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:11 am

So let' see ^^

Achatinoids - Achanoids - Achatans - Achatinades - Achotans - Achatides - Achatidates - Achigates
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:38 am

I like Achigates myself. Brings to mind some weird sort of people like in ancient greece and old germanic tribes
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 5:00 pm

Slimetoad wrote:
Hummm....what about Escargoid?

Kind of cliché but is straight to the point Razz

Any words related to "escargot" should be perceived by the snail-people as a deadly insult, punishable by... something. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:26 am

Well i can see that as an insult, but consdering not many things would eat them, the "deadly" part is debatable

Maybe we should probably stick with "Helicoid". A lot of people like it, and we already have a lot of things starting with A in here Razz
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 5:46 am

Slimetoad wrote:
we already have a lot of things starting with A in here Razz

Well besides angels I see no races or minor races starting by A ^^; I'm really not fond of Helicoid personnaly... the word Helico reminds too much of "helicopter" or "helicoidal" which is far away of the point.. I woud prefer to go for Achigate or a derivative of it
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:01 am

"Helico" actually means spiral, and references the coiled shells, i think it's pretty good myself : O

I don't really mind either way, you guys pick what you want Razz
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:04 am

How about Slugadon?

Or perhaps a Snailceratops, and the girl can have three horns on her head that emit slime to make her stroll over rough terrain easier? XD

(other than that, I don't know what they should be called. The suggestions Karbo gave sound good if Helicoid didn't suffice.)
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:12 am

That actually sounds awesome Laughing

Maybe we should set up a poll to settle the names already
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 6:33 am

That's a good idea.

Let's put that ol' Democracy to use.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:59 pm

Seems Karbo already decided for Achigates, tho o3o
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 9:54 am

I finished their entry ^^
Also as always, I must ask the question : do you agree with the disclaimer ? Smile
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:18 am

Well of course! I wouldn't be barraging this place with stupid ideas if I didn't agree XD
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:36 am

...Er, what?
Back to top Go down
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:37 pm

French snack wrote:
As for snail girls, they've been brought up a few times, and I've always assumed they exist. Zoekin had some in one story, and timing2 had a gigantic one slither through in one of his stories.

I imagine they tend to be the "gentle giants" of Felarya, patient and friendly, perhaps a little detached from all the dashing around that everyone else seems to be doing.
cheers

I missed this thread but I'm happy see them in Felarya officially! The one in Isham's story was almost removed while I was editing it.
I figured it'd be interesting to put something like her in as a truly gigantic, slow, and herbivorous creature off in the distance for him to see. Must've had my prediction hat on at the time. Wink
The irony for poor Isham was that he'd have been completely safe around her - though his journey would've probably been a great deal less exciting and a lot slower!
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snail girls   Snail girls - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snail girls
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3