Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yugo-Tango Island

Go down 
+3
TheLightLost
Anime-Junkie
Slimetoad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Yugo-Tango Island Empty
PostSubject: Yugo-Tango Island   Yugo-Tango Island Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:44 am

One of the many islands in the Shimmering Sea, Yugo-Tango is a piece of crumbling land far in the north-eastern sector, where a combination of bizarre weather patterns and the flux of winds of magic has rendered it perpetually dark and damp, a place where swamps and bogs and marshes almost completely engulf the land, shrouded by constant rain and mists. Perhaps because of these conditions Yugo-Tango is a haven for fungi of all kinds, with mushrooms and molds of impossible sizes, shapes and colors colonizing every corner. Only a few kinds of hardy, meagre plants are known to prevail in this takeover, and the very air in the island is rich with spores.

The sheer abundancy of fungal matter in Yugo-Tango also means it has invaluable resources for civilized races. Whether medicinal, poisonous, fuel or edible, only the Mycoria Forest comes close to possessing as many mushrooms, and some are found nowhere else for that matter. As such there is often a stream of explorers and gatherers sailing to the island, hoping to return with great bags of precious fungi.

As it would be expected Yugo-Tango houses great populations of mycodryads and fungoids, but there are persistent rumors that other, even worse half-flesh half-fungus creatures stalk the moldy lands, always starving for the meat of fellow mushroom-folk and unsuspecting adventurers…
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Yugo-Tango Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugo-Tango Island   Yugo-Tango Island Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:52 am

I see nothing wrong with this. Good job.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Yugo-Tango Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugo-Tango Island   Yugo-Tango Island Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:21 am

Tango Creeper

The most abundant creatures in Yungo-Tango. These half-fungus beings vary wildly in shape and size, ranging from fat and cumbersome critters the size of a rabbit or small dog to hulking spindly titans. Regardless, they all share a mostly bipedal gait (dropping to all fours when resting) and a gnarly, puffy, hairy and slimy appearance, resembling so much as ambulant chunks of mold. Blind, stupid and sensitive to sunlight, they spend most of their time lurking under the giant mushrooms, stalking the shadows and hiding in underground caverns snapping up everything they can catch, from small animals to lone mycodryads and fungoids to hapless adventurers.

They also make another of Yungo-Tango's many exports, for their flesh is surprisingly flavorful (if ropy and chewy) and their moldy hide is prized in medicine.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Yugo-Tango Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugo-Tango Island   Yugo-Tango Island Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:40 am

I like the Creeper. I don't know why, but I just an image of it jumping on some unwitting explorer like the Hunters from Left 4 Dead 2. Ah yes, I can see that well.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Yugo-Tango Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugo-Tango Island   Yugo-Tango Island Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 9:36 am

Slimetoad wrote:
Creeper
Creeper?:
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Yugo-Tango Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugo-Tango Island   Yugo-Tango Island Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 9:45 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Slimetoad wrote:
Creeper
Creeper?:

I'm ashamed at myself for not thinking about that before
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Yugo-Tango Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugo-Tango Island   Yugo-Tango Island Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Oh boy, I think there's alot of potential here.

Good job. The Tango Creeper does remind me of "those" creepers now that I think about it.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Yugo-Tango Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugo-Tango Island   Yugo-Tango Island Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:27 pm

Pendragon wrote:
Oh boy, I think there's alot of potential here.

Good job. The Tango Creeper does remind me of "those" creepers now that I think about it.

The surprising thing is that i was thinking on Warhammer's Squigs when I came up with them. It makes a fitting image regardless
Back to top Go down
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

Yugo-Tango Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugo-Tango Island   Yugo-Tango Island Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:14 pm

Slimetoad wrote:
The surprising thing is that i was thinking on Warhammer's Squigs when I came up with them. It makes a fitting image regardless

Squigs FTW!! Anyway, your Creepers make for a powerful image - a lone sentry peers into the dark of the Felaryan night, seeing nothing, but hearing a slight shuffling. He notices a single shape moving in the darkness, then another, then another, and he realises the whole camp is surrounded by these silent, shuffling shapes.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Yugo-Tango Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugo-Tango Island   Yugo-Tango Island Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:50 pm

That creeper idea is intriguing indeed ^^ the way you describe them coming in so different shapes and sizes, they sound almost like some sort of elementals ? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Malhavoc Shade
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Malhavoc Shade

Yugo-Tango Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugo-Tango Island   Yugo-Tango Island Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:03 pm

I'm with Anime-Junkie on this. I heard the word Creeper and my Minecraft senses went absolutely nuts. XD
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Yugo-Tango Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugo-Tango Island   Yugo-Tango Island Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 3:21 pm

Karbo wrote:
That creeper idea is intriguing indeed ^^ the way you describe them coming in so different shapes and sizes, they sound almost like some sort of elementals ? Smile

Not really, i was merely thinking on sentient ambulant mold that just happens to vary in shape a lot .o.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yugo-Tango Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugo-Tango Island   Yugo-Tango Island Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yugo-Tango Island
Page 1 of 1