Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game

Go down 
+17
sadisticnerd
Pim18
kikijonson
PrinnyDood
Oldman40k2003
Karbo
Black Aquila
AisuKaiko
space_samurai
Shady Knight
ZionAtriedes
Pendragon
Solomon
zersergathant
Stabs
TheLightLost
Greyman
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PrinnyDood
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
PrinnyDood

If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game   If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:35 pm

My choice would be a Mist-style puzzle/adventure game, except with lots and lots of ways to die. That format seems ideal for depicting the majesty and beauty of the world, as well as the deadliness, without resorting to random encounters or anything that might risk diluting the delicious, delicious Felaryan flavor. Wink

Also, come to think of it, A puzzle/platformer like 'The Lost Vikings', (I loved that game) might be a good fit too.
Back to top Go down
http://prinnydood-abides.deviantart.com/
kikijonson
Marauder of the deep jungle
kikijonson

PostSubject: Re: If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game   If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 2:02 am

Well my Seliky's Story is a Felaryaish game...bit that isnt the point...

After I finish Seliky's Story I did have an Idea for another felarya game...and I might actually try making it...

Pretty much its a harvest moon like game...but survivleish...I'll try to exsplain...

you play as a pred...and you have a shelter which you can gather resourses to get it more Home like and such...

you can go out and find fruit to eat or plant a little farm for food or go out and hunt...try to catch some humans or somthing small enough to eat...which will require you to use stealth and such...sinch the pray will try to get away or fight back and such...

of course catching pray fills your tummy more than fruit and such but is harder to get...

these are just ideas I had...of course I'm not focused on it since I'm still trying to complete my current Felarya game...
Back to top Go down
http://kikijonson.deviantart.com/
Pim18
Pim18

PostSubject: Re: If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game   If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:32 am

A Felarya game? The possibilities are endless. You could do a mega man style game with predators as robot master. You could do a RPg(which is probably the most requested). You could do a fighting game(although you would have some size possibilities). Hell you could even do a I wanna be the guy style game.
You actually do whatever you want!!!!!

PS: Sorry for the bad grammar!
Back to top Go down
sadisticnerd
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game   If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 2:31 pm

Well I would think that's better like KH but in a kinda timed mission but not like: you have 5 minutes to get out before Crisis comes
it should be like you had a "stealth bar" to determine how fast any giant predator come like if you throw rocks there's half hour till the predator comes to you but if you put the florest on fire in less than 5 seconds any predator in the area would come would come and have the "damage bar" so when you do something like burning down the fairy kingdom the damage bar would fully raise and the guardians would come after you.
but this would be almost impossible to program and I think I just said too much ridiculous things

Last edited by sadisticnerd on Fri May 06, 2011 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greyman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game   If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 7:46 pm

I just realized something....

For the RPG or action/RPG setting, while playing as predators, there should be a way to incorporate partnerships with smaller characters. Crisis with Lea, Subeta with Marken, Fiona with Telekline and Voidfingers, Aurora with Seliky, Milly with Isham, and from the recent Silver Scales comic, Xanthe with Remus.
Back to top Go down
kikijonson
kikijonson

PostSubject: Re: If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game   If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 3:04 am

Greyman wrote:
I just realized something....

For the RPG or action/RPG setting, while playing as predators, there should be a way to incorporate partnerships with smaller characters. Crisis with Lea, Subeta with Marken, Fiona with Telekline and Voidfingers, Aurora with Seliky, Milly with Isham, and from the recent Silver Scales comic, Xanthe with Remus.

Yeah...though it would be hard to incorperate that into a game...lets say the predator is completely made up...and is controled by the player...
Back to top Go down
http://kikijonson.deviantart.com/
zersergathant
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
zersergathant

PostSubject: Re: If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game   If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 6:55 pm

After reading what others have had to say, I've reconsidered my idea. Now I'm thinking something kind of like Mass Effect or Dragon Age, a sort of RPG/Adventure game. I'd think that you'd play as two different teams of four: an explorer team and a predator team, who are both working together for some reason. The play style of the two groups would be pretty different: the explorers are about stealth and puzzle solving, while the predators would have a more beat-em-up play style, and you can switch between each of the four characters in each team at will. And of course, there'd be the big, bombastic boss fights, complete with epic music and the odd "Mash X to not die/finish him" sequence. I don't know how the four characters on each team thing would work- perhaps you select four from a larger roster at the start of each level, or you start with one on each and recruit more as the game proceeds?

I like the idea of integrating partnerships between explorer/predator characters. Perhaps every now and then there'd be a sequence where'd you play as a certain pair to accomplish something only these two characters can?

3D or 2D: Either could work, I figure: it depends on the execution. But some nice kind-of-but-not-too -cartoony 3D graphics would be my preference.

Story: I'd like to see a story that starts just crazy (maybe someone suddenly finding themselves in Felarya) but then evens out into something fairly innocuous, before gradually getting bigger and bigger again until it climaxes with something totally insane, that maybe even reveals a bit of why Felarya is how it is.

Humor: A sense a humor would be pretty important, but as aforementioned, the jokes shouldn't be cartoonish, I don't think. It would take some good writing, but dry, dark humor like Black Adder -Maybe a bit less nihilistic, though? It's a little hard to tell something like that in a setting like Felarya- could work pretty well... Again, if it were done RIGHT.

Difficulty: I think we're all in a agreeal that a Felarya game, whether you're a predator or prey, should be harder on "easy" more than a lot of games are on "hard". It's considered a death-world for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Pim18
Pim18

PostSubject: Re: If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game   If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:45 am

I had this idea for a non felaryan videogame but I think it fits here too. What if we like change the genre of the videogame. I mean you start as a action rpg and sometimes you switch to a sidescroller view(and style gameplay)? Something similiar to what they did to Kingdom Hearts Re coded.
I think it fits well with the ever changing nature of Felarya, the biggest problem is of course that it is a lot of work to program!
Back to top Go down
Primeval Hunter
Naga food
Primeval Hunter

PostSubject: Re: If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game   If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:25 am

That' sounds like a great idea man, I am working on a 3d animation for Felarya myself. But I have to agree wit Karbo and a lot of other people. 3d can be hard to work with and can be extremely tedious. I have used it and I know how hard it can be. I do hope you get it done, please let me know which software you are using, I am curious to see what you are using Very Happy good luck man
Back to top Go down
Pim18
Pim18

PostSubject: Re: If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game   If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 1:46 pm

Primeval Hunter wrote:
That' sounds like a great idea man, I am working on a 3d animation for Felarya myself. But I have to agree wit Karbo and a lot of other people. 3d can be hard to work with and can be extremely tedious. I have used it and I know how hard it can be. I do hope you get it done, please let me know which software you are using, I am curious to see what you are using Very Happy good luck man
Well unfortunately I can't program.. I'm also not really working on it. I might create a game plan though!
Back to top Go down
Primeval Hunter
Naga food
Primeval Hunter

PostSubject: Re: If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game   If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:22 pm

oh sorry i was talking to the guy who posted the topic, but that's cool too.
Back to top Go down
Nickonaquamagna
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Nickonaquamagna

PostSubject: Hmmmmm....   If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 2:11 pm

Well, I think it would be interesting to play as different races, and have certain advantages and disadvantages. For example, being smaller, like a human, one could squeeze into some places that a giant could not, and a giant could reach certain places that a human could not. Certain species could have other traits that set them apart, for example, a neko could climb higher, jump farther and run a bit faster than a human, and a slug girl couldn't jump or even move very fast. Maybe nourishment could also play a role? Maybe you can increase your stamina but catching various edible creatures. In that case, being a slug girl would be very useful, because prey would be caught in the trails you leave behind, and you could backtrack a bit to find some easy pickings. As for health... As much as I hate that so many games these days give you so little health that you can be killed in seconds, yet it replenishes itself automatically as soon as you hide behind something for a few seconds, maybe the soil could gradually rejuvinate you? Maybe it could be more effective in some areas that others? It could also be cool to find random pieces of alien technology laying around, like weapons and pieces of armor. One could probably make a decent beat' em up featuring the local wildlife as enemies, with larger creatures being like bosses. In that case, I'd imagine the final boss would be something like a Tonorion.

Considering how many cool places there are, I think it would be cool to have each of these various regions be it's own "stage", separate from other stages. It doesn't have to be terribly linear, but maybe the player could have a map that shows where they are and gives them some sense of direction? If there is a story, maybe there could be certain points where the player chooses where to go between two or more choices based on what that could mean for them in the long run based on the opportunities given? Or, maybe each stage could be it's own open ended field, and there could be borders between these stages where the player is reminded, "You are nearing >insert location name here<", letting them know to turn around if they want to stay out of certain territory. Maybe certain places could effect you over time, such as a harsh climate slowly whittling away at your health or stamina or whatever. Maybe there could even be a radar system of sorts that lets you know that there are creatures nearby, and they could be color coded by the "danger levels" shown in the wiki. In the case of giants, the colors could mark them based on their character, since some are more likely to kill you then others. You could even converse with them, though some wouldn't give you much of a chance. Maybe the giants could even be marked on a map screen, letting you know where they are and having a bio of them ready to read so you can decide whether you're willing to risk bumping into them, or just wanna stay the hell away. You could also interact with random survivors running around and see where that leads.

If not that, maybe a cool on rails shooter played as a small fairy flying through these various settings while being attacked by all sorts of creatures and using magic to fend them off. Or, maybe the fairy's size could change based on the level design. That would make for some cool, trippy visuals.
Back to top Go down
http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/
Pim18
Pim18

PostSubject: Re: If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game   If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:43 am

Very interesting ideas. I just stumbled upon this but I think that if a Felarya game is made it must be ported to the pc and this:http://the-nd.com/
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game   If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:16 am

there's lot of great ideas here ^^

I especially liked the healing by staying on the ground. that's the kind of simple idea but that make sense and is interesting. We could imagine a dilemna : the ground is good because you heal over time, but it's also where the most dangerous creatures roam. moving in the trees is a bit safer with less creatures but you don't heal there
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Primeval Hunter
Naga food
Primeval Hunter

PostSubject: Re: If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game   If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 10:33 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
Given that the Felarya we know so far is only one region of what we assume is a continent, just imagine the size the world map would have to be.
You don't necessarily have to get perfect proportions. In fact you don't have to make the whole place in one sitting. I've worked with 3d before and you can make it smaller, while still large enough to roam and have fun. What you can do is make different levels, each region or section of a region being a level. Have you ever played Jurassic Park trespasser? You should see how big they made the maps. It will be difficult to make, but I don't think it will be as insane as you might think.

As for ideas, maybe finding magical items can help you in combat and defense or even healing. Say your battling a creature, you are wielding a magical sword, it would do more damage than normal swords and maybe you could cast a spell through it, like maybe use fire magic and infuse it with your sword, and Voila! You now have a magical flaming sword of doom that now packs an extra punch. If you had a magic chalice it could heal you for a certain amount time and then be discarded. It all depends on what the artifact is.
Back to top Go down
kaitheguy1234
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
kaitheguy1234

PostSubject: Re: If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game   If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:37 pm

Just tossing out an idea here. While an RPG would definitely be well suited to Felarya, I would imagine an adventure game in the vein of monkey island, king's quest, or Maniac mansion would work well. Plenty of opportunities for over the top death scenarios as well.
Back to top Go down
Iavlas
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game   If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:10 am

I like the idea of being able to play from both perspectives, as an adventurer, explorer, mercenary etc. or as a predator, whether it be naga, giant, fairy etc. and lets use an adventurer as an example, you could upgrade your skills, talk to the inhabitants of the world, and have a system like the paragon/renegade system in mass effect, that would effect how people see you, and the game would be massive, and things like other teams of adventurers, or convoys, would be randomly scripted to move through the setting to a predetermined location, such as negav, or a temple. and the game would have a large amount of player characters like an mmo, but i think for playing as a character with a firearm, or ranged weapon, an over the shoulder would work well (with the option to switch to first person), melee would be like assasins creed, but im not sure about magic, ive never utilized the magic systems in any games ive played, and your charcter would be fully customizable.i also like the idea of when your on the ground your being healed, when your in the trees or something, your not, but it could be safer. and i think a health bar would be appropriate, and considering that most preds, and animals, will hit hard, when they hit you, being stealthy would be your best bet. some zones would have to be designated safe zones like there actually are, so that pred players couldnt go in and wipe out everyone. when it comes to a pred, i think it would be cool if a way was found to make the actual character feel the size it is, but not overly bulky feeling, and no tankish controls. to be quite honest the possibilities are endless, and it would be hard to pull off, but i think if it was done, and done right, could be an absolutely amazing game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game   If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If Karbo put you in charge of directing a Felarya video game
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2