Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

5 Facts!!

Go down 
+26
vore4life99
Darth_Nergal
Boris92
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
Zhivago
Sanion
Stabs
Qwuillin
Black Hole Fragment
The Ultimate
TheArchvile
Sephimink|Kyle
ZionAtriedes
Archmage_Bael
aethernavale
Feadraug
space_samurai
DaNoob13
Pendragon
Nyaha
Krisexy26
TheLightLost
FalconJudge
luke112
PrinnyDood
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PrinnyDood
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
PrinnyDood

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:00 am

Yeah, this used to be a thing on YouTube many, many, many Internet years ago, or something. Maybe it's a bit cheesy/lame, too, but I thinks it's at least interesting, so I'm making a topic for it. I've got a bit of free time, but inspiration to do anything creative or meaningful eludes me, so you get this instead.

Basically, people can post five facts about themselves here. They can be as trivial or intimate as you like, as detailed or brief as you like, or even more/less than five, the only rule is that they all have to be true. This way we can all learn random crap about each other! That's the same thing as strengthening the community, right? sweatdrop

I'll start:

#1: I can cook decently well. I'm no Iron Chef, but I can make chocolate truffles, pecan pie, spaghetti sauce, and a bunch of other stuff, all mostly from scratch. This is not as great as it sounds, since everyone always make me cook. XD

#2: I'm left-handed!

#3: My attention span seems to have a manic-depressive disorder. Seriously, when I discover a new thing I'm interested in or start a project, I usually obsessively devote every ounce of free time to it, and even when I'm doing other things I'll be thinking about it. And then, after a variable, indeterminate amount of time, I will almost completely lose interest, often for long stretches.

#4: I don't think South Park is funny. I know this puts me in a group with about three other people on the planet, but there is. I watched maybe a dozen episodes while I was sick a couple years ago, and not one single solitary chuckle. I wasn't offended or put off (the show is pretty tame compared to the Internet), I just never identified any punchlines. I would seriously watch the entire episode, anticipating the funny part, and then finally the credits would roll. Maybe there's something wrong with my sense of humor.

#5: Years ago, I spent huge amounts of money on Magic: The Gathering cards, and still own numerous boxes overflowing with cards. I only escaped when all the people I played with quit, and my local game shop closed down (probably not unconnected events). Now I've discovered the online version, and all hope for my real-world life seems lost. XD
Back to top Go down
http://prinnydood-abides.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:51 am

5 facts about me

1. I have a messed up left hand with knucles missing to a certian point of my ring, middle and index fingers, with my thumb swallon at a point.

2. I have a Obsession with the history of WWII, I have tons of books, dvds and other items of the subject.

3. I have a Obsession with all things Military.

4. I have a dog

5. I have ADHD
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:01 pm

PrinnyDood wrote:

#3: My attention span seems to have a manic-depressive disorder. Seriously, when I discover a new thing I'm interested in or start a project, I usually obsessively devote every ounce of free time to it, and even when I'm doing other things I'll be thinking about it. And then, after a variable, indeterminate amount of time, I will almost completely lose interest, often for long stretches.

1: I am EXACTLY like that.

2: I watch My Little Pony. I strongly encourage doing the same.

3: I have never been on a plane in my memory.

4: I live 40 miles from any cities.

5: I use dial-up.
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:48 pm

Damn, I spent nearly an hour trying to decide what I should say about myself. In the end I feel that nothing is better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 3:06 pm

1- On a total of 100%, I'd say I'm something close to 30-35% lesbian, which means I kinda am bisexual.

2- I have 3 tattoos.

3- I'm a Tenacious D fan Smile

4- My best flirting spot is in a Tim Hortons (Dunkin Donut would be the equivalent).

5- My summer camp name was Bisou Razz
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:45 pm

Nyan, this looks fun! ^.^ Hmmm, what should I type? Let's see....

1. I'm a huge fan of Date Masamune, eccentric eyepatch and crescent helmet-wearing daimyo of the Sengoku Era of Japan.

2. I love crazy people. Really, the weirder or more insane a person is, the more unique that makes them, and when they show it freely, it gives me hope for humanity and the concept of individuality as a whole. ^.^

3. I love cartoons. Live action TV shows aren't as good, even the really silly ones, because you can't bend the boundaries of physical existence in real life, and doing it with special effects is total lameness.

4. I love Inspector Gadget. The old cartoon show, not the Disney live-action remake. Well, the first one was alright, but they seriously screwed up when they made Inspector Gadget 2. DX That was awful. But the cartoon was nice and hectic, and though the animation wasn't what it is today, it wasn't that bad, either, and they had a couple fun running gags in the series as well, like Gadget blowing up Chief Quimby every episode with the self-destucting papers. ^.^ He also consistently knocks over the neighbour's trash cans while backing the Gadgetmobile out of his garage. ^.^ Nyan~

5. I hate hating things. Whenever I dislike a thing or person, it ends up in the centre of my mind for hours and I can't stop thinking about what I don't like about it. DX I'll manage to distract myself for a little bit, then I'll go right back to thinking about it. It annoys the heck out of me and ruins my good mood. >.<

Last edited by Nyaha on Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 5:52 am

1. I watch My Little Pony
2. I like Armored Core
3. I'm a pretty decent cook, able to make things like Steak pan-fried with potatoes, peppers and onions, all the way down to a simple pasta and meatball casserole.
4. I consider alot of people here close friends, even though I've never met the lot of you off line. I try to think the best of everyone regardless, unless you give me a reason not to.
5. I have a problem wherein, whenever I build something or make something, it has to be perfectly symmetrical. Whenever it isn't, it bugs me to no end.
Back to top Go down
DaNoob13
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
DaNoob13

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 8:22 am

Hmm... Let's see...

1. I do practically EVERYTHING left handed... Eat, golf, write, etc... the only thing that I don't do left handed is throwing things like a football.

2. When I was born I had a breathing problem where I barely got any air into my lungs and nearly died... Had to stay in the hospital for a whole week before my parents could finally take their child home.

3. I HATE nuts! (No not those you disgusting sickos...) Unless they're roasted and covered in sugar, or chocolate... I'm not even gonna try eating them! Creamy peanut-butter doesn't count...

4. I'm a bit of a lurker... I don't like posting a lot because I don't want to get involved in the silly and pety arguments that get brought up on the forum. I want to stay postive and keep a clear mind then clutter it up with stuff that just doesn't even matter.

5. I crashed my uncle's four wheeler into a tree when I was 13 because I somehow forgot how to turn for a second! XD
Back to top Go down
space_samurai
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
space_samurai

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:07 am

#1 I have a pet goose!

#2 I love to read, mostly sci-fi and fantasy, and the thing that got me into reading alot was the bionical book series & comics, I'd read them inside my desk in class Razz

#3 I have been in Greece for the last two summer and am going for a third time.

#4 out of all my gamer friends I and maybe 1 or 2 others are the only ones who enjoy retro classics

#5 my love of computers was inspired by the tv show ReBoot
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:13 pm

space_samurai wrote:
#5 my love of computers was inspired by the tv show ReBoot
Nyan, I remember that show! ^.^ In fact, on Bell TV channel 559 Teletoon Retro plays it now. ^.^ I actually just watched an episode before posting this!
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:21 pm

1. I have a scar on my right cheek due to an incident in kindergarden. It's long and a bit deep, but nothing too outstanding and you have to look closely to notice it. But it's there.

2. I usually tended to 'underappreciate' myself because I was always taught to be humble and to know that nobody is perfect, and that includes me. With time I used it as a joke, but recently dropped it because someone thought I was an attention whore who underappreciated himself so people would look at him.

3. Many good ideas come to me in either of these two places: the gym or the shower. I'm not making this up, seriously.

4. I'm right-handed... except when playing pool. Strangely enough, I tried to play pool right-hand and fail miserably.

5. I'm one of the very few people in the world who actually enjoys playing as MODOK in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Maybe you should blame it to the fact I like playing with weirdos and underdogs in fighting games: Dan Hibiki, Mudman, the Goketsuji Twins...
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:49 pm

1.) My left index finger has a vertical line from the edge of my fingernail down about 1/4 of an inch slightly right of center at the tip of the finger where I accidentally drove a hobby knife blade completely into said finger while working on a model kit. I hesitate to call it a scar because visually it appears as a permanent depression in the skin of my finger. Said mark is visually apparent in my fingerprints.

2.) I have had scarlet fever twice. The second time, I had a medicinal allergy to the medication I was proscribed. It was a lot of fun.

3.) I am ambidextrous. While most people would associate me with a person who writes right-handed, I can write with either hand. My left hand is not quite as neat as my right, but not bad - primarily this is just lack of practice. I can write a sentence with both hands simultaneously (for example on a chalk board), but have not taken the time/effort to develop writing different sentences with each hand simultaneously. Outside of writing, I prefer/typically use my left hand as the dominant hand (ie, I shoot firearms/bat/catch/etc with the left), but I can use my right as well.

4.) I am an avid reader. When I was a kid I didn't have a gaming system outside of an Atari 1600/7800 and our first computer was an Olympia AEA with a green screen and 1024 kb of hard drive space. I exhausted the sci-fi, fantasy, war documentary, and science journal sections of the three local county libraries (we lived on the line dividing them). It got to the point where I started reading the dictionary/encyclopedia for fun, which is probably one of the reasons I have a great deal of random knowledge.

5.) I own and use a sliderule for doing computational math. It is a 23 scale KE Deci-Ion ivorite-glass model. Whenever possible, I prefer to use it over a calculator.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:56 pm

I can post another 5 acts right?

1. I have 3 xbox 360's

2. I am a halo zealot, I got all the books, all the games, all the graphic Novels, hell i eve got posters shirts and the legendary edition of halo reach and the halo reach xbox 360

3. I have an Identical twin brother

4. I have a Youtube account its UBNsoldier

5. sometimes when i dream I have Premenissions ( seeing things yet to happen)
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:16 pm

Alright I've yet to do this:

1. I spent my 15th birthday in Europe. (I live on the west coast of the USA)

2. I've been playing the piano since I was 8 years old, but I don't have a musical ear.

3. I'm also a halo zealot. I have most of the books, all the games, and the legendary edition of Halo Reach.

4. I'm a Christian, and I pride myself in my ability to break the norms and stereotypes of all other Christians out there. (I'm really a friendly person! Also: I don't knock on people's doors, in case anyone had that suspicion.)

5. I love kids.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:24 pm

1. I spent my 18th birthday in boot camp.

2. I can play a saxophone, but haven't in years.

3. I'm a 40K zealot. I own several books, and all the games except Fire Warrior, because it sucked.

4. I am a (brace yourself) Independent Protestant Libertarian Transhumanist Jeffersonian Technocrat.

5. I DESPISE KIDS. Sorry. I don't like kids.
Back to top Go down
Sephimink|Kyle
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:46 am

`

Last edited by Sephimink|Kyle on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheArchvile
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TheArchvile

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:36 am

1) I'm a science nut - anything to with physics, astronomy or technology fascinates me.

2) I'm a bit of a speed freak, with a penchant for cornering like a madman, and that part of me constantly clashes with my usually overly-cautious nature. I also love to ski, mostly for the same reasons...

3) I have 20/10 vision... Or I used too, I can still read a licence plate at about twice the distance my friends can, but I get the impression I'm slowly losing the hyperacquity I had when I was younger.

4) I have terrible short term memory and I get distracted easily, I will literally forget what I'm doing while I'm doing it five or six times a day, and I forget my keys, wallet, socks, tools, dog etc. in the strangest places, making me search for them incessantly. (Usually at the worst possible time, like when I'm already late for work)

5) I hate cities, I try to get in, do what I have to do and get back out as fast as I can. The only exceptions are Vienna and Rome so far. I could never bring myself to live in one, yeah the salary and job choices are crap in the country, and there isn't much of a nightlife if you discount the few tiny grimy bars filled with old hicks, but I need nature, wild places and clean air to live happily, without them I'd be miserable.

Last edited by TheArchvile on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Ultimate
Great warrior
Great warrior
The Ultimate

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:52 pm

1) I LOVE doing impersanations of my favourate video game characters. Smile

2) I sometimes get up at 3:00pm after sleeping. Wink

3) I am a big fan Sonic the hedgehog. Very Happy

4) I LOVE cats. :')

5) I like to listen to metal, rock and punk music. :>)
Back to top Go down
http://xxtheultimate39.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:

3. I'm also a halo zealot. I have most of the books, all the games, and the legendary edition of Halo Reach.

Its great to see another zealot
Back to top Go down
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 8:20 pm

Humm lets see....

1. I really love science. Normaly I dont even need to study for a test in science class and I usally get an A. I dont see why so many people says its hard.

2. I love science fiction. Epsecially science friction that could be real one day.

3. I am aslo a halo zealot. What I really like about halo though, besides the awsome story of course, is the Forerunners. I love just about everything about them, from thier technology to thier way of life. Halo's Forerunners have by all means greatly inspierred me.

4. I love alot of Japanese things. Espcelly Japanses robots.

5. I am a Nerd.
Back to top Go down
Qwuillin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Qwuillin

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:19 pm

Hmmm...

1) I love animal biology. I most problaby know more about the subject than anyone else at my school.

2) I barely talk. I'm not confident. I must say about 100 words in a day. I'm more of a 'thinker' and can't start or participate in a discussion that well. Even doing this is a big thing for me.

3) I like to draw. I'm not that good, but I like to see myself improve. I'm taking art as a GCSE (it's a qualification in England for 14-16 year olds).

4) It may be my first language, but I'm bad at English. I have to proof-read all my writing.

5) No idea what else to put, so: I'm 1/8 Polish and 1/4 Welsh (we're not sure about the Welsh). That makes me 5/8 English.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 12:51 pm

-I can write at 40 WPM, though sometimes, I've gotten as fast as 60 WPM. It depends on room temperature and how stiff the keyboard is.
-Most of the music I listen to are hand-me-downs. Accidentally, or not. That's also true of a lot of the appliances in my home.
-No internet at home and an inflation of 4,15$/US$ makes internet at net cafes a really expensive habit for me. Guilt kills me every time.
-I grow uncomfortably aggressive and surly at midnight. I don't know why. Maybe it's got something to do with lack of sleep.
-I hate Grant Morrison's "The Invisibles".
Back to top Go down
Sanion
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Sanion

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 1:12 pm

-I love to write. I can't write about anyone else's books (i.e. fan fics), and my stories usually revolve around "magical creatures" which are usually vampires/demons.

-I am agnostic. I'll believe what I want.

-I love music. I'm sort of odd knowing I usually listen to metal and hard rock, but listen to classical from time-to-time.

-I believe there's more than meets the eye to the world. If you believe that vampires are blood sucking monsters, I think you're uneducated.

-I love the dark, morbid side of things. It allows me to dwell into thought deeper than being bright and happy. No, this does not mean drugs. That's simple idiocy.
Back to top Go down
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/3smVmIWJwV
Zhivago
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Zhivago

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 3:39 pm

Hmm five things....five...things...AHH!

1. I've been to multiple Christian(shudder) sports camps that I've ever wanted to go to because of my family. The last one had the best memories though.

2. I've been able to link my Scottish heritage to royalty just not sure which lineage.

3. I have a longer tongue then most people.

4. I enjoy anything with zombies way too much. From books, movies, art and games.

5. No matter how much I practice and look up tutorials I continue to fail at drawing but I shall not falter in my attempts to make something half decent.
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:17 am

this comment has been deleted

Last edited by EvilGenius on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

5 Facts!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Facts!!   5 Facts!! Icon_minitime