Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Right. Talking Time.

Go down 
+10
Grave
Nyaha
Krisexy26
Anime-Junkie
Karbo
Pendragon
sparkythechu
AisuKaiko
GREGOLE
ZionAtriedes
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

All Right. Talking Time. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Right. Talking Time.   All Right. Talking Time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:02 am

Nickonaquamagna wrote:
Being the new kid an' all... I have no idea what's going on. Hope you guys can make better sense of all this.

Trust me: it isn't a matter of being old or new rather than a matter of learning self and mutual respect. Sure that there are people not being respectful with the newcomers or some newbies being disrespectful because they can't take well the fact they aren't perfect, but it's more about respect than how long you've been in the community. Razz

And from now on, I guess I'll just sit back and come back when people really need my help, looking at how things are going... I'll keep my flow of ideas, characters and stories, though, but these matters... only when I'm of actual use. :V
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: All Right. Talking Time.   All Right. Talking Time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 12:00 pm

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
People value their own pride and oppinion over these, which makes me even angrier. And Pride is not far off from conceit, which is but a short step from tyranny.

Nice line.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: All Right. Talking Time.   All Right. Talking Time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 12:23 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Darkstorm Zero wrote:
People value their own pride and oppinion over these, which makes me even angrier. And Pride is not far off from conceit, which is but a short step from tyranny.

Nice line.

Laughing

I can't remember where I read that from...
Back to top Go down
http://darkstormzero.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: All Right. Talking Time.   All Right. Talking Time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:01 pm

Well, there is good pride and bad pride. There's nothing wrong with taking pride in your work, and putting your best into it. There's nothing wrong with patting yourself on the back when you've done a good job. There's nothing wrong with facing a challenge, and assuring yourself you are up to it.

However, when you begin to devalue the talents and works of others for the sake of your own pride, or when you overstep your bounds... that is when pride crosses into arrogance.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: All Right. Talking Time.   All Right. Talking Time. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:21 pm

I sure hope I've never crossed that line. Such a terrible thing to do, especially when so many people work hard on their fiction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Right. Talking Time.   All Right. Talking Time. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Right. Talking Time.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2